Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

My friend is leaving for college in 5 days.

I'm... I'm really gonna miss her, and it just really upsets me.

I haven't gotten to know her NEARLY as well as I'd like to and she's LEAVING and I DON'T KNOW when she'll come back.

She and her entire family have played an important role in my life.

And in five days she'll be GONE for WHO KNOWS HOW LONG?

I'm just...

not ready to say goodbye.

My friend is leaving for college too and I already have several who went already.

It helps to be able to text, call or communicate online. Can you do that with your friend?

Due to some huge changes in my life, i'm on the verge of another break down. I'll get through, I always do. Im just tired of feeling like im being kicked around every time I get slightly ahead.

*is worried about being in a position where I will have to go off my meds, due to the fact I can't get to my doctor and he refuses to call them in.*

*snugs Thuban*

I'm sorry, Thu. Change is always hard. Let me know if you need anything smile.gif

*snugs Thuban*

I'm sorry, Thu. Change is always hard. Let me know if you need anything smile.gif

I got through to the docs, so I wont be going off meds at least.

As for the huge changes: While I am mopey and angry (and a few other conflicting emotions I cant name right now) I'm convincing myself its just another chance to go and do things my way, in a way that makes me happy, instead of focusing on other people first. Its my turn to be happy.

I had a fight with a very close friend, and i don't know if we're ever going to talk again.

But maybe it's for the best, because they have done some things that aren't very good or nice or anything like that.

I'd like a hug?

I had a fight with a very close friend, and i don't know if we're ever going to talk again.

But maybe it's for the best, because they have done some things that aren't very good or nice or anything like that.

I'd like a hug?

I hope things work out the best way possible for you. Here's a hug, friend.

I know how that can be. One of my very close friends and I argue quite often. I understand how awful it can be, and I'm here for you.

I'm being stupidly anxious over the lab I am teaching next semester. It's an honours field ecology and evolution course. The very first lab session I am teaching statistics. All the basics like central tendency stuff, distribution, even t-tests are fine. I've taught that, in one form or another, to students before. It's the ANOVA and regression that have me worried. I know HOW to do both, of course, but knowing how to do something and knowing it so well that you can teach it and answer every tiny question a student might have about it are entirely different things.

I'm REALLY excited to be able to teach the lab portion of the course, but it's a huge step up in level from what I have been teaching each semester (100-200 level courses, whereas this is a 300 level honours). I'm far less worried about the labs after this one, but this is my first meeting with the students, my first chance to show them I'm capable, and it's probably the hardest topic to teach. I can easily teach them the HOW (honestly, you can just plug the numbers into Excel, thogh it does take a bit to know which numbers go where and what formulae to use), but the why is a more tricky concept.

I'm just in a really really bad state of mind at the moment.

I can't go into what it's about on here.

I need a hug like I never have before, and that's what I'm here for I guess.

Although what I need in real life is for someone to just hold me and tell me it's okay.

Edited by Chicogal

I feel sad. I tend to be misunderstood quite frequently. I hurt people unintentionally because they not understand my meaning. It's just sad. It makes me feel like this poem. Alright, maybe the wonderful lady Leyah made it too noble.

*inserts a lovely poem*

Dilemma of Misunderstandings

by Leyah Dizon

The dilemma of misunderstnadings

Is an enemy of every good man

His acts of kindness done for assisting

Misjudged as an evil, treacherous plan.

Betraying was not ever his motive.

It never even came across his mind.

A helpin hand was what he longed to give

But help his friend did not seem to find.

Not all harsh, strict actions are meant to harm

Some people are kind, but they are phonies.

True friends aren't those always warm.

They are those who fix your moralities.

It is not always about acceptance;

It is not always bliss between friends;

He longed the better for his aquaintance.

Instead, his act became their friendship's end.

Therefore, he lost a very dear ally,

Simply caused by mere misapprehension.

That is how un-ironically

misunderstandings become dilemmas.

I just got let go from a job because I am "over qualified"

I am either not qualified enough, or I am just over qualified.

What the hell man.

I am so tired of this.

"Wow, you do have some fat thighs." Oh....thanks dad. Goodbye self-esteem! Then you guys ruin my morning by freaking rummaging through my stuff, as if I have the charger?! I don't even need that kind, why the heck would I steal it?! Why not pat me down to make sure I didn't take all five of your phones, poor excuse for a freaking dad. Seriously..

I'm slowly coming to my wits end with him. Nothing will change him, and we've tried so much..one of these days I swear I'm going to snap and just flat out tell him he's no father...it's over the top yeah, but..still.

I'd like a hug?

Hey, how are you doing. Any updates? I hope that things have worked out for the best. *hugs*

I'm being stupidly anxious over the lab I am teaching next semester. It's an honours field ecology and evolution course. The very first lab session I am teaching statistics. All the basics like central tendency stuff, distribution, even t-tests are fine. I've taught that, in one form or another, to students before. It's the ANOVA and regression that have me worried. I know HOW to do both, of course, but knowing how to do something and knowing it so well that you can teach it and answer every tiny question a student might have about it are entirely different things.

I'm REALLY excited to be able to teach the lab portion of the course, but it's a huge step up in level from what I have been teaching each semester (100-200 level courses, whereas this is a 300 level honours). I'm far less worried about the labs after this one, but this is my first meeting with the students, my first chance to show them I'm capable, and it's probably the hardest topic to teach. I can easily teach them the HOW (honestly, you can just plug the numbers into Excel, thogh it does take a bit to know which numbers go where and what formulae to use), but the why is a more tricky concept.

That sounds awesome! And so fun.

At some point, we're all thrown questions we don't know how to answer. Honestly, if you don't know something and can't figure out how to talk your way through an answer, tell them you're not sure now but can look into it. If they're the type of student that really cares, look and see what you can find and get back to them later either via email or the next class.

I'm sure you'll figure things out as you go. I know you're gonna do great. =)

I'm just in a really really bad state of mind at the moment.

I can't go into what it's about on here.

I need a hug like I never have before, and that's what I'm here for I guess.

Although what I need in real life is for someone to just hold me and tell me it's okay.

*huuuuuuuuuuugs* I can't hold you, but it IS going to be okay. I hope you are doing better. I can be slow at answering, but my PM box is open.

I feel sad. I tend to be misunderstood quite frequently. I hurt people unintentionally because they not understand my meaning. It's just sad. It makes me feel like this poem. Alright, maybe the wonderful lady Leyah made it too noble.

As long as you're open and honest about your intentions, I'm sure everything works out fine, yeah? That poem describes something I'm sure a lot of us feel quite familiar with.

I just got let go from a job because I am "over qualified"

I am either not qualified enough, or I am just over qualified.

What the hell man.

I am so tired of this.

That's greedy, professional speak for "you deserve to be paid a lot more than we want to shell out" so of course they do the "noble" thing and fire you.

That sucks, Star. =\

"Looks like you've gained weight."

Dammit dammit dammit dammit! I have, actually, and it's just! urgh!!

There's nothing wrong with gaining weight, although people really have no right to comment on anybody else's body. I hate it when people think those comments are warranted or necessary. Ugh.

This story makes me sound like a jerk. It really does.

I lead a roleplay on a website. A certain user has posted their opinion on certain threads, in which they have hated upon certain minority groups that I am a part of.

This used PMed me, asking if they could do that certain type of thing in the rp. I had just... This sinking feeling in my gut. This person, who hadn't even talked to me before, who has made me extremely uncomfortable on multiple occasions wants to interact with me on a day to day basis.

I feel selfish. I feel selfish saying that I don't want that person to rp with me. I feel selfish for wanting to deny him, and I feel stupid. I feel stupid because I feel scared to deny them, like they're going to hate on me if I deny them, and harass me. I feel like I'm being a hypocrite for being sad at being denied by another RP and then wanting to deny this person from mine.

So, as of now, I just have to deal with this person. There's nothing I can do.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Or how to respectfully deny someone from your rp?

Thank you so much for listening.

Edited by Darkstorm34

This story makes me sound like a jerk. It really does. I'm going to act like this is on somewhere else, and not the DC Forums.

I lead a roleplay on a certain website. There is a certain thing that can happen that requires that a user PM me before being allowed to RP a certain type of character. A certain user has posted their opinion on certain threads, in which they have hated upon certain minority groups that I am a part of.

This used PMed me, asking if they could do that certain type of thing in the rp. I had just... This sinking feeling in my gut. This person, who hadn't even talked to me before, who has made me extremely uncomfortable on multiple occasions wants to interact with me on a day to day basis.

I feel selfish. I feel selfish saying that I don't want that person to rp with me. I feel selfish for wanting to deny him, and I feel stupid. I feel stupid because I feel scared to deny them, like they're going to hate on me if I deny them, and harass me. I feel like I'm being a hypocrite for being sad at being denied by another RP and then wanting to deny this person from mine.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Or how to respectfully deny someone from your rp?

your story doesn't make you sound like a jerk and you're not selfish at all.

If you're uncomfortable with a person, you have the right as the GM to (privately) tell them to leave the RP.

I think if you're planning to tell them, let them know that you feel uncomfortable with their views on x.

(especially if they hate x minority groups, that's not okay too...)

edit: you might also want to read the last paragraph in the first post too.

(x)

also feel free to pm me if you're planning on talking to them about it, i don't mind helping you with whatever way you're going to deal with it.

Edited by XiaoChibi

That's not selfish or mean at all. You absolutely have a right to feel safe and comfortable.

I would just say "We're not looking for that type of character in our RP at this time" or "Thanks for asking! I think we're good on members right now, though" or even just "Thanks so much for asking, but not at this time".

I really struggle with communication. I am always at the extreme ends of a conversational spectrum - incredibly shy, only willing to nod and say "yeah" and let the other person do all the talking until the conversation dies because I appear uninterested; or incredibly over-excited and talkative to the point of being obnoxious (and I'm not saying that out of low self esteem, I'm saying that because I'm fully aware that I'm perceived as annoying when I actually have the courage to talk). And that's just the case with small talk or light conversation. Whenever there's a discussion about something intellectual, something important, I often decline to speak at all, afraid of embarrassing myself, but if I get even a shred of confidence, I come across as pretentious. I sound like I'm "trying too hard" to be impressive. It's just how I talk! Well, when I talk at all. I can never find a happy medium. I'm weird. I struggle to control my volume level. I either stare too intently at people and weird them out, or I never make eye contact and have entire conversations with windows and walls. I'm too open with people I barely know, yet I have friends I've known for years who know nothing about me. Because I just can't get the hang of talking. In the past I never felt the need to master the skills of socializing, because I really prefer being alone & enjoy my own company, but sometimes I'm just lonely. Or I just want to talk. But I can't do so without regretting it.

honestly it feels so much nicer just to have written that out. venting works miracles, people

So I was playing in a server in Minecraft with my friend (online friend, not irl friend). We were playing happily, when this girl joins in. Since we were playing team games, and I was in her team, I talked to her a lot (I am a talkative person). So when the server updated, we had to join other servers to play before our server finished updating. When I came on, my friend was there, but that girl was not online at that moment. Since me and that girl talked a lot, my friend kept saying I am in love with her, but I wasn't. I told him to stop repeatedly, but he kept continuing. Then, two players joined in. One was the girl's friend, whom I will call Player W, while the other was my friend's friend, whom I will call Player X. My friend told Player X about me loving that girl, and they started to make fun of me. Then, they started talking about preparing our wedding, even though I said stop. Then, Player W spoke up for me. My friend and Player X said that Player W was in love with me. I asked them why won't they stop when I said stop, but my friend said that if they don't, the ship gods would punish them, which was very immature. I have unfriended him since, and I am trying to move on. However, this has been with me for a few days already, so I really need to let this story out. sad.gif

Edited by ForNarniaMC

Ok so I've posted here a few times. And I want to thank everyone who's helped me out, once again I am in need big time for once and not just to vent

ANYWAYS WARNINGS MAY CAUSE TRIGGERS ( suicidal thoughts thoughts of violence and acts of violence)

I have an aunt who hates me, i recently told my mom not to give me the phone if it was her due to 8 months of torture from this aunt. Last year I had to drop out of private college due to my gpa being below the assistance loan level. Aunt found out and is now informing everyone I purposely dropped out because my mom gets a check every month and I lied about my grades. I passed every class but three, except for math, i failed it 6 times since started school.

Anyways, my mom hands me the phone... I have to explain to this aunt who hates me, I mean literally hates me. This chat I had to explain to her what BPD ( borderline personality disorder) Is. She got from it, I could go insane and kill someone if provoked enough due to dissociating ( Borderline multi personality disorder) . Had to explain no, so she's decided I need locked up in a mental institution now OR she said I could come down to her house, she'd get some witnesses so she could provoke me into fighting her oh and getting it on video. After I turned her down she asked me if I was suicidal which I'm not but I do have thoughts which, I was informed by said aunt.... I didn't have the guts to kill myself nor did I have guts to kill anyone.

I can't work, I'm agoraphobic and have severe anxiety to the point I can't even drive without having panic attacks, my moms on a fixed income and I'm fixing to start for disability. Also I called someone in a mental health ward. What my aunt did, if I agreed to it, would be considered assault in 1st degree.

Edited by KuroYukia

I'm really hating your aunt.

If your mum keeps handing you the phone then you tell her NO. Hang up don't say anything and don't listen to any of her poison.

Don't you ever listen to your aunt or take her seriously. You're not going to kill someone and really what I think is that she just wants you to so she can be like, "oh I told you there was a reason why I hated them."

You are better than her and she doesn't even deserve to be related to you. It's not your fault you're not good at math. I'm the same way. It doesn't mean we do it on purpose. ****ers like her are just jealous.

And yeah it is abuse, and she needs to be cut out of your life. Block all contact with her.

I'm really hating your aunt.

If your mum keeps handing you the phone then you tell her NO. Hang up don't say anything and don't listen to any of her poison.

Don't you ever listen to your aunt or take her seriously. You're not going to kill someone and really what I think is that she just wants you to so she can be like, "oh I told you there was a reason why I hated them."

You are better than her and she doesn't even deserve to be related to you. It's not your fault you're not good at math. I'm the same way. It doesn't mean we do it on purpose. ****ers like her are just jealous.

And yeah it is abuse, and she needs to be cut out of your life. Block all contact with her.

Thanks for that, I know I'm honestly not going to do that. I have good morals, but i did talk to my mom about this. She didn't know my aunt would go that far so hopefully it's over and done with no more talking to said aunt

Along with that, and I'm not defending my aunt, but her girlfriend JUST i mean like within a week just left her because of the church saying homosexuality is a sin, and decided to take it out on me like when she was drinking.

I really do think aunt has other plans though with getting me down her to place and I'm not failing for it. Been through her crap to know she's not trying to help me. Just wants me away from my mom who's helping me out.

I lead a roleplay on a website. A certain user has posted their opinion on certain threads, in which they have hated upon certain minority groups that I am a part of.

Take it from another roleplayer who has to deal with that. First rule. If they make you uncomfortable say NO. You don't have to explain yourself because they should know the reasoning behind your answer.

If you'd like someone to talk to you're welcome to pm me. I roleplay on well I can't really talk about it in the open but no one should make you feel uncomfortable like that, it's probably a play to degrade you and get away with it since it is rp world and not you as a person

Edited by KuroYukia

I sent an email to the head office of where I had worked and let them know how I feel about being let go for being "Over Qualified".

All in al l I feel that being an honest person will get you burned in the end, but I have a strong dislike for untruths.

I have had a strong urge to run off and take my chances up north. The only things holding me back are, The extreme heat/humidity. I get heat sick fast. And Camping with Earwigs. More the Earwigs than anything. sad.gif

Star, what I think is that you should take your chances up north. You get heat sick easily like me so I know you're not having fun with all the heat and humidity there. And earwigs are.......gross

And good I'm glad you told the head office how you feel. Honestly they just wanted to be sleazy scumbags and you weren't having none of that. I'm proud of you for holding on to your morals.