Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

I never really thought somethig like this would be on here to be hinest, But it is nice that it is. I guess I can place what has been happening recently with me.

So, a whole group of my friends left me because I became friends wih one of their enemies that had changed and explained why she had been rude before. She had apologized for everything but sadly my ex-friends didn't forgive her and left me with the last words of, after I said I was friends with their enemy, "then we have no reason to be friends with you." That got me so upset and I left the group because that just broke me, after explaining my whole life and sharing my secrets, I should have known I was being used. A few days afterwards, which was actually today, I found out one of my friends committed suicide last week while another one of my friends was literally committing suicide by drinking bleach. He promised he would call 911 and I got his boyfriend to call the police too. I don't know what is goig to happen but I am absolutely scared. Now my panic attacks are happening almost on a daily basis and I can barely get up in the morning without feeling useless. ~Removed~

For the friend situation - what are they, five years old? Good lord, it sounds like they never moved on from a kindergartner mentality. Not only were they not really your friends if they ditched you for befriending one of their supposed 'enemies', but they don't deserve your friendship with they way they would throw you to the curb over something so juvenile. Be glad that they're gone, and in no way blame yourself for the way that they're acting. Things do get better, and trust me, high school will be over sooner than you think. Just ride it out, and try not to let immature idiots like that get you down.

As for the latter portion of your post - you need to seek professional help. I've been there (I have severe clinical depression and social anxiety), am seeing a therapist, and have medication to level me out, and it's helped me immensely. There's no shame in seeking help, and it's not a failure on your part if you need help to deal. It may feel like the end of the world with everything going on, but you can survive it with a bit of help.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

For the friend situation - what are they, five years old? Good lord, it sounds like they never moved on from a kindergartner mentality. Not only were they not really your friends if they ditched you for befriending one of their supposed 'enemies', but they don't deserve your friendship with they way they would throw you to the curb over something so juvenile. Be glad that they're gone, and in no way blame yourself for the way that they're acting. Things do get better, and trust me, high school will be over sooner than you think. Just ride it out, and try not to let immature idiots like that get you down.

As for the latter portion of your post - you need to seek professional help. I've been there (I have severe clinical depression and social anxiety), am seeing a therapist, and have medication to level me out, and it's helped me immensely. There's no shame in seeking help, and it's not a failure on your part if you need help to deal. It may feel like the end of the world with everything going on, but you can survive it with a bit of help.

Thank you. I really need something to tell me that I my or may not be doing somehing wrog, I set up a counseling she due at my school and I hope this will help me out.

Hello everyone! I'm not really sure where to start with this or how much would be over sharing but... do need a friend right now since all of mine.. disappeared? Anyways..

I got married last year (November 2014) and had to move across America to a different state (3,200 miles away) because my husband is in the military. I got the opportunity to come home and visit my family for Thanksgiving since he was able to get some leave.

I had all of these people wanting to see me, wishing I didn't move, and what not messages/emails being sent to me. Well now that I'm back home no one wants anything to do with me. Its like I'm invisible. I never stopped my communication with anyone at all. Everyone knows I'm here. My family is just treating me so awful. My mom wants to steal money from me. My sister is trying to get me to buy expensive things she doesn't need. My grandmother could careless that I'm here.... I'm not really sure how to feel about it all.. I'm trying to take people's advice and move on from it and block people out.. But how can you when its your own family treating you like you're an alien being from a different world? I don't know.. how to feel really.. I guess I may be over reacting? I'm not really sure.. Its hard since I don't really have any one to talk to besides my husband and my internet 'family'..

I need a little hug.

My neon Goby - whom I called Suction Cup must have died this morning and I found him being munched by the hermits (their job) He was so cute. SO adorable. I miss him already.

I need a little hug.

My neon Goby - whom I called Suction Cup must have died this morning and I found him being munched by the hermits (their job) He was so cute. SO adorable. I miss him already.

Aww, oh no! D: *Hugs tightly* RIP little Suction Cup. May you swim free and happy under the Rainbow Bridge.

I need a little hug.

Hug!

I have a loss this morning, too. The one little hen that I raised this year died during the night. The rest of the flock is fine, but she was the baby! sad.gif

I need a little hug.

My neon Goby -  whom I called Suction Cup must have died this morning and I found him being munched by the hermits (their job) He was so cute. SO adorable. I miss him already.

user posted image

There. there. Pretty much I know losses. sad.gif That's why I don't go on with having more pets.

It is kinda crazy how somehting to tiny can wiggle into a spot in your heart. I am not bawling but I do feel down.

user posted image

a little pic of him in his favourite spot

Hello everyone! I'm not really sure where to start with this or how much would be over sharing but... do need a friend right now since all of mine.. disappeared? Anyways..

I got married last year (November 2014) and had to move across America to a different state (3,200 miles away) because my husband is in the military. I got the opportunity to come home and visit my family for Thanksgiving since he was able to get some leave.

I had all of these people wanting to see me, wishing I didn't move, and what not messages/emails being sent to me. Well now that I'm back home no one wants anything to do with me. Its like I'm invisible. I never stopped my communication with anyone at all. Everyone knows I'm here. My family is just treating me so awful. My mom wants to steal money from me. My sister is trying to get me to buy expensive things she doesn't need. My grandmother could careless that I'm here.... I'm not really sure how to feel about it all.. I'm trying to take people's advice and move on from it and block people out.. But how can you when its your own family treating you like you're an alien being from a different world? I don't know.. how to feel really.. I guess I may be over reacting? I'm not really sure.. Its hard since I don't really have any one to talk to besides my husband and my internet 'family'..

Ugh, people can be so finicky. My bff went through the same exact thing when she got married. Tons of friends beforehand. She got married and suddenly *poof*, they wanted nothing to do with her. She's such a great and compassionate person. I've no idea why people disappear like that.

I'm so sorry that you were seemingly shunned like this. You don't owe anyone because you got married. People should be happy for you, not greedy, ungrateful brats. =\

Your feelings are perfectly valid. When you're feeling up to it, perhaps have an honest conversation with your family. See if you can't get some honest emotions aired so you guys can all move on and start getting along again. D:

This is so trivial compared to all the previous posts, and my heart goes out to all of you.

But last night, we found that someone had charged a small purchase to my ex's account, so he had to shut down his card. We can't get money out of the account til after Thanksgiving. Me, my daughter, and my ex (my daughter's father) were all going to go out for Thanksgiving to modest restaurant. Now we can't, we did not buy anything since we were going out, and we have no money now til next Wed when he gets paid again. My monthly Disability goes towards the rent so I'm broke too.

No holiday feast for us. Yes I am glad we all have our health, and a home, etc etc, but my daughter is heartbroken, she was looking forward to this. We don't have much so we rarely go out.

Anyway, again, I know that it's trivial compared to the loss of a cherished pet or being ignored by family, but it's what's happening to me right now. I do wish everyone a good thanksgiving anyway, tho.

Just need a hug right now.. Even though it's been a couple years, I've never really gotten over the death of my grandmother (who was more of a mother to me than my own mom). It's especially hard when it's the holidays, as I have many fond memories of her cooking wonderful food and telling me stories. It makes me even more sad knowing that if I had done something different the night before she died, she might still be here, or that I would've gotten to say goodbye to her. I wish I got to spend more time with her, learning how to cook or knit or just sitting down and watching a good movie as we laughed and joked around.

Just need a hug right now.. Even though it's been a couple years, I've never really gotten over the death of my grandmother (who was more of a mother to me than my own mom). It's especially hard when it's the holidays, as I have many fond memories of her cooking wonderful food and telling me stories. It makes me even more sad knowing that if I had done something different the night before she died, she might still be here, or that I would've gotten to say goodbye to her. I wish I got to spend more time with her, learning how to cook or knit or just sitting down and watching a good movie as we laughed and joked around.

*Hugs* I can fully sympathize with you on this. I very recently lost my grandmother, and the holidays really make me miss her terribly. Every time I cook, I think about her. She taught me to cook, and I too wish I had spent more time with her, didn't live so far from the rest of my family, etc. *Another hug* It's really hard, I know.

*Hugs* I can fully sympathize with you on this. I very recently lost my grandmother, and the holidays really make me miss her terribly. Every time I cook, I think about her. She taught me to cook, and I too wish I had spent more time with her, didn't live so far from the rest of my family, etc. *Another hug* It's really hard, I know.

Thank you very much *hugs back* I'm really sorry for your loss sad.gif But it's nice to know that you still have the memories you've shared with her (and me with my grandmother). I find that cooking is the best way for me to say 'I remember the times we shared together and I will always remember them'. I still have some things from her though, a stuffed animal she bought when I was really young, and a nice photo of her smile.gif Thank you again, it means a lot to me when I can talk with other people when I've been bottling this up for so long.

This is so trivial compared to all the previous posts, and my heart goes out to all of you.

But last night, we found that someone had charged a small purchase to my ex's account, so he had to shut down his card. We can't get money out of the account til after Thanksgiving. Me, my daughter, and my ex (my daughter's father) were all going to go out for Thanksgiving to modest restaurant. Now we can't, we did not buy anything since we were going out, and we have no money now til next Wed when he gets paid again. My monthly Disability goes towards the rent so I'm broke too.

No holiday feast for us. Yes I am glad we all have our health, and a home, etc etc, but my daughter is heartbroken, she was looking forward to this. We don't have much so we rarely go out.

Anyway, again, I know that it's trivial compared to the loss of a cherished pet or being ignored by family, but it's what's happening to me right now. I do wish everyone a good thanksgiving anyway, tho.

If it's from a bank you can go tomorrow and get a temporary card made within an hour if that helps. And least you're looking at the bright side, you have your health, a place over your heads and love. That's what Thanksgiving is, being thankful for what you have smile.gif

Sorry if that sounds corny, but it's how i see the holidays.

Emotional breakdown commencing. Havent really slept since thursday.

Thanksgiving was spent with a branch of the family that never sees the kids, but never tries to either. While there we got grilled about my step sister in law having ran off to do a surprise wedding (so surprise, that she didnt know she was doing it when she left...). My daughters mystery cold took a downswing which led to me being up with her until 4am.

Saturday, my husband was sick most of the day, daughters mystery cold got way worse, and I ended up taking her to ER at 8pm. Everything points to croup, except the fact that shes been sick a month at least, which disqualifies croup as a diagnosis. They did some breathing treatments, which have caused her a weird twitch, discovered a latex allergy, which led to her being loaded up on steroids, antihistamines,a nd sending us home around 2am sunday.

Got home, husband mentioned he thinks he needs to go to ER, but encouraged me to get some sleep first.

9am Sun, he wakes me up, begs me to take him to ER. Get the kids packed up, get him up there, find out hes got a small hole in his lower intestines thats causing a massive infection. He ended up admitted to surgical ward, just in case surgery was needed. Around 7pm, he finally got moved to his room (the kids and I had been at home a few hours by this point).

8pm, daughters cough got worse again, tot he point where she couldnt breathe. Of course I take her back up to ER, and thankfully, the staff that had seen her the night before (and happened to be there while my husband was being seen, had seen she is fine during the day) were all there. Ended up staying in the er with both kids until about 1am. Friend came and took my son home around midnight, around 12:30 the doctor came in the room and said they wanted to put my kid in an ambulance and take her to a different hospital (that i dont know how to get there, in a city I wont drive into alone ANYHOW, let alone after being without sleep for so long). They had no way to let me talk to her dad, to let him know what was happening. Eventually, they decided to try treating her for acid reflux instead, with explicit instructions to get her into her doc today, and if she has to go back to ER, i gotta take her to the one in detroit.

So now, im counting down until 2pm when she can see her primary, and know theres a chance I have to drive to Detroit, on no sleep. Shes still having a hard time breathing, despite the 5 meds they now have her on. Im too tired to think, and having to work out babysitting, back up plans.. talk to both schools so they know whats happening, and work out permission for my son to ride back and forth to school with a friend of his. His friends dad knows whats going on, and agreed to take him over night, in case I have to take the girl to detroit.

Husband is still in hospital, his work knows whats happening. They dont know if surgery is happening. Im dealing with a level 8 migraine due to stress and lack of sleep, and still have to handle all of this.

Gah.

Thuban my heart goes out to you and hope it ends up getting better

sadly I'm posting because well I've decided to take control and admit myself for probably just a weekend to get things handled mentally. Nothing serious well serious enough that i think Ill be gone getting treatment

My aunt has decided to take control over this situation though and make it where I lose every bit of confidence I have over this and no longer feel comfortable going through with it. I know what my rights are, what I can do and everything but it feels like well it's gone. Making sure the code is given to my mother and that only she can have access to my record while I'm being helped, that is one thing I know can happen.

The aunt in question I feel is trying to take control of everything because currently she has none of her own irl. she's already taking over my mothers bank account telling her what and how she can spend money since my mom when making the account did the stupid thing and put my aunt on it.

If she's the primary account holder, she can remove your aunt at any time. There's also the option of removing the money and opening a new account, sans meddling aunt.

Why doesn't your mother tell your aunt to STFU and GTFO? Is she as fed up with it as you are, or is she a willing participant?

Edited by Omega Entity

If she's the primary account holder, she can remove your aunt at any time. There's also the option of removing the money and opening a new account, sans meddling aunt.

Why doesn't your mother tell your aunt to STFU and GTFO? Is she as fed up with it as you are, or is she a willing participant?

So out of all that the only thing you got was to take my aunt off my moms account? If she takes my aunt off the acount or tell her to mind her own buisness we're out on the streets. My mom and i live in my aunts house which honestly is a craphole, but we don't pay rent just utilities

That wasn't even the main focus of my post.... I'm honestly wanting support for being in mental lockup the weekend. Should have pointed that out instead of complaining about something we can't fix.

Sorry about that. I mix up this thread with the advice thread a lot, and I tend to try and be helpful, even if it's not exactly wanted sad.gif

I'm glad your seeking help, and I hope your aunt doesn't get in the way of that. Hopefully the short stay will help you get things get straightened out. There's no shame in getting help, ever. It's not the same, but I know that I felt much better after a combination of therapy and meds.

Edited by Omega Entity

KuroYukia: I am a strong supporter of going out and finding the help you need the moment you are ready to do so. If you are at that point, even if there is interference from an unwelcome source, go do what you need to do to get help. The saying "you have to take care of yourself, before you can take care of anyone else" is absolutely true. Focus on you, let mom worry about her own issues, dont let your aunt phase you. If you feel the time is right to get help, do it. No matter how stressful things can get, things tend to have a way of working out in the end, if you make sure to do your part first to find even footing.

You can do this. *snugs* (if wanted, if not, sympathy waves from the corner)

My daughter had a very bad setback today. (She is on DC here.) She is MtF transgender in her mid 20's, and has been slowly coming out. Today was her first time going window shopping alone. She was at Walmart, and was in boy-mode. (Clothes and stuff.) I told her if she saw something in the womens dept she wanted, to get it. She was trying to be discreet, and was holding up something to herself to see how it looked, when 3 people, a woman, her friend, and her boyfriend or brother, came by and asked her her name. She replied without thinking her girl name, and then they proceeded to hurl insults and slurs at her. She walked away from them and luckily they didn't follow, but she dissolved into tears and came home early. She is at that delicate stage of feeling ok with everything, and this set her back now quite a ways. She didn't tell the store or anything, cause she was too devastated, she just wanted to get out and come home.

I'm in a wheelchair, but I tell you, had I been there I would have hurled myself from the chair and sat on them (I'm large), and farted in their faces. So mad I could spit, and heartbroken for my beautiful baby girl.

Really would like to understand just why they felt they needed to do that. They were of a certain ethnic persuasion that fosters that attitude, but that's no excuse. Karma is going to have a huge party with them soon. Wish I could have.

Edited by Riverwillows

My daughter had a very bad setback today. (snip) She is at that delicate stage of feeling ok with everything, and this set her back now quite a ways. She didn't tell the store or anything, cause she was too devastated, she just wanted to get out and come home.

That's sad, I'm sorry that happened. I love shopping with my friends who have had their own transitions. Maybe a shopping buddy would be helpful. I will gladly play shopping buddy to anyone who wanted one if they are local enough to me! (though usually I dont buy anything because im always broke, heh)

I don't want to say much but I am worried for my mother. They are worried cancer has appeared in her heart. The thoughts that go through my mind as I will attempt to be strong and fearless, is very fearful. I know it is inevitable, but I don't want to find myself without a mother. I want her to be well, to be happy, to be enjoying this time of her life. Not scared out of her mind. And I am just still out of reach to comfort her. It kills me. She needs me.

First, huge hugs, and healing vibes to Thuban and Syferia. And more hugs for everyone who seems to be needing it. Thuban, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I hope your husband and daughter have a quick recovery *more hugs*

Syferia, its been almost 20 years since I lost my grandmother, and I still miss her so much; its been almost 2 years since we lost my mother in law, and it still hurts. Give yourself time, and focus on the memories, and pictures. She is there with you. (I tell that to my child about her grandmothers.)

Kuro: What Thuban said. Take care of yourself first. You can't take care of anyone else until you take care of yourself. *HUGS*

Riverwillow: I'm so sorry your daughter is going through this. Karma will get those jerky people. I dont' get why people have to be so mean.

Starscream: sending hugs and prayers.

As some on this forum know, my mother was sick for a very long time (long time alchoholic, then got cancer two years ago). She passed away three weeks ago. The past few months have been difficult given the fact that my relationship with her has been contentious to say the least for many years (and got worse a few years ago mainly due to the drinking, but also she was a textbook narcissist). I put most of it aside to help her and my sister, who took on the majority of the caretaking, until we got hospice and a caregiver). I should note that she continued to drink and smoke even though she had lung cancer, (and COPD and emphysema).

Thanksgiving was tough. we only went because my 100-year-old grandmother was hosting it, and hey, at 100 years old, what she says goes. This has been hard on her as my mother was her oldest child. The rest of the year is going to be very difficult. We've spent the past few weeks sorting through her belongings (my sister and I) and dividing it up. I only have the furniture I'm taking, and a few odds and ends left to get out of the house. There is a certain finality to this exercise, and each time we take away another carload, or another trip to goodwill or pick up from a charity, another page gets turned.

I have a lot to resolve, and will be in therapy for some time to get to a point where I can let go of 30+ years of hurt. The only real thing left is for the money to be disbursed, and that is in progress.

I do look forward to closing the book, though, and starting the new chapter of the next book of my life. I am sad that she is gone, but am glad that she will no longer be in pain or suffering, and more selfishly, I can begin to heal the wounds without them being ripped open every time they start to close. Once the business of the estate is over, I will consider the book closed. We had a small memorial with family and an old school friend yesterday. It was very nice.

Hug and love for everyone<3

So um...let me start by saying, my brother is a funny, strong guy. In my highschool he had many friends and was so upbeat. Of course he went to college, and seemed to enjoy it..

My mother told me she talked with him....he's at his wits end. His roommate is hardly there and is switching dorms to be with his friend. He has not made any new friends..and hates his courses because they had things he didn't expect and had a hard time with. He is so lonely and sad, to hear someone like him is in this state is so heartbreaking...and I fear he may do something..very..very bad..he has 12 days before he comes home for the holidays, though...I just pray he makes it..I'm going to text him and hopefully convince him to talk to me..because I've felt the same way for quite a few years now..but...I know I'm an evil little sister to him.....but if I really did lose him....