TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Having been a dragcave member for 6 of the last 7 years, I'm wondering if this Anniversary will hold any more surprises, games, new eggs, etc.? I remember last year's Anniversary was a veritable extravaganza with different eggs dropping or being allowed to be bred each of the 7 days! Not to sound ungrateful, as I am enjoying the current GoN breedings, but just curious as to whether there might be more in the works?

Having been a dragcave member for 6 of the last 7 years, I'm wondering if this Anniversary will hold any more surprises, games, new eggs, etc.? I remember last year's Anniversary was a veritable extravaganza with different eggs dropping or being allowed to be bred each of the 7 days! Not to sound ungrateful, as I am enjoying the current GoN breedings, but just curious as to whether there might be more in the works?

As a NEW dragon cave user, I was wondering much the same... I was SO excited! I had no hatchlings, and no eggs, just waiting to stuff my lair full of new and delicious eggs.. and... ... yeah.

I picked up my first ice egg today. It will probably be a very long time before I can enjoy this aniversary update! I am not ungrateful, mind you! Just.. The best celebrations have a little bit of something for everyone, you know?

Oh well, at least I have my pretty little ice egg <3

Fair enough xd.png Everybody is entitled to their non-canon opinions.

I wouldn't normally object to Sweetlings being so tiny, but if I believe it I see hot skitty on wailord action every time I go to breed them and I can't handle it xd.png

On a more GoN note, I wonder if we'll get more of an explanation as to why certain breeds are aligned with the element they are when the encyclopedia is released (like something more than "element = X"). Most of the destruction breeds are a no brainer (was a bit surprised to see electrics), but I'm not sure about the others. Luminas are such sassy little things that they seem weird candidates of creation, and violent flamingos and relatively nondescript deep seas seem strange too. I thought change was magic using dragons, but not all of the breeds on the list are confirmed magic users. Hmmm!

I keep waiting for more shoes to drop, too. After the ever-increasing extravaganza event, I was quite prepared for a variety of events. While this is definitely a special event, it is much quieter than I expected. smile.gif

Just bred an AoD from a Grave x GoN(ofc), tried to Summon my second GoN... so much for that... heh.

Yeah, I'm hoping for more stuff, too- last year was my first DC birthday, and I can't wait to see what else happens this time 'round!

Do we have an estimate on the average amount of views/clicks these new eggs need to crack?

I have a strange feeling they require high amounts like the GoNs themselves...but just want to make sure

I wouldn't normally object to Sweetlings being so tiny, but if I believe it I see hot skitty on wailord action every time I go to breed them and I can't handle it xd.png

On a more GoN note, I wonder if we'll get more of an explanation as to why certain breeds are aligned with the element they are when the encyclopedia is released (like something more than "element = X"). Most of the destruction breeds are a no brainer (was a bit surprised to see electrics), but I'm not sure about the others. Luminas are such sassy little things that they seem weird candidates of creation, and violent flamingos and relatively nondescript deep seas seem strange too. I thought change was magic using dragons, but not all of the breeds on the list are confirmed magic users. Hmmm!

It might be explained in the adults' descriptions.

anyone else wondering if the Avatars will be added to the HM prize list (CB Avatars)

anyone else wondering if the Avatars will be added to the HM prize list (CB Avatars)

I wasn't, but they are A. a breed-able dragon B. they have an egg sprite, and C. are not a NON-Christmas holiday. So I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be.

But you will still have to wait 6 months to find out. tongue.gif

ah, thank you to the people who are making that list, it'll be very useful when our GoNs can breed again biggrin.gif

and i'm also hoping something else comes around for this DragcaveVersary, but i think the dragon enciclopeadia will change enough things when it eventually comes around xd.png

Since dragons are generally described as magical creatures, I have always assumed those who can't use some form of magic to be exceptions. Those with exceptional abilities, like the Blacks and Magi, are just the opposite end of the spectrum.

My other thought on the Avatars of Change:

Creation and Destruction are both type of change. Maybe Balance is another way to look at the middle Avatar. smile.gif

I have been around since October 2008, but last year is the first year that I can remember any big to do about DC's birthday. It was an amazing celebration, but I think I remember it being said that as 7 was a special magical number that was why the event was so huge. Have there been other birthday celebrations?

Is there a trick to getting magma and Thunder eggs as I have been trying since I knew about the trio. Ice dragon I managed to snatch one. I don't have the fastest computer and the only times I ever see them which is ever so rare except on others scrolls is when I am egg locked or the 3x I didn't manage to snatch it.

My daughter is in the same position. Tips? Suggestions? Hints? I can't summon a GoN until I have all 3 of the trio. And the birthday gift is of no personal use to me until I manage to get the eggs that I have been trying to snag for 5 years.

Congratulations to all who have been lucky enough to enjoy thoroughly this year's event. The trio of dragons are so alluring and the GoN is awesome and the latest rare eggs are so beautiful and tempting. Okay, I admit it; I am so jealous and envious. It is awful.

I can only get two of the three right now, naturally.

Everyone wants stupid rares for these easy-to-get eggs. But hey, good to know that the trade economy is still as broken as ever!

Are you free? I can give you a thunder. Which ones is your sister missing? (The trick is to either go when everyone is busy with an event, or to ask the right person who is willing to gift them.)

omg I hope so. That would be the coolest thing. I don't know which I'd rather want: a CB alt black or a CB avatar.

How did you influence your other hybrids ? That way !

This is going to sound terrible, but I have not influenced a single hybrid and only own one hyrbid. rolleyes.gif What is everybody else doing? Influencing to the GoN, or the partner?

Do we have an estimate on the average amount of views/clicks these new eggs need to crack?

I have a strange feeling they require high amounts like the GoNs themselves...but just want to make sure

Mine has a first stage crack with the following stats:

592 unique views

29 clicks

It's an iridescent egg that has been incubated and has about 4 hours to go before hatching. That is, if it hatches on time.

EDIT:

To compare, the GON mother's stats at adulthood are:

1138 unique views

32 clicks

The other GON has lower stats at 6811/1314/11.

Edited by Jazeki

Since dragons are generally described as magical creatures, I have always assumed those who can't use some form of magic to be exceptions. Those with exceptional abilities, like the Blacks and Magi, are just the opposite end of the spectrum.

My other thought on the Avatars of Change:

Creation and Destruction are both type of change. Maybe Balance is another way to look at the middle Avatar. smile.gif

But the middle ones are the avatars of change xd.png

I have been around since October 2008, but last year is the first year that I can remember any big to do about DC's birthday. It was an amazing celebration, but I think I remember it being said that as 7 was a special magical number that was why the event was so huge. Have there been other birthday celebrations?

Is there a trick to getting magma and Thunder eggs as I have been trying since I knew about the trio. Ice dragon I managed to snatch one. I don't have the fastest computer and the only times I ever see them which is ever so rare except on others scrolls is when I am egg locked or the 3x I didn't manage to snatch it.

My daughter is in the same position. Tips? Suggestions? Hints? I can't summon a GoN until I have all 3 of the trio. And the birthday gift is of no personal use to me until I manage to get the eggs that I have been trying to snag for 5 years.

Congratulations to all who have been lucky enough to enjoy thoroughly this year's event. The trio of dragons are so alluring and the GoN is awesome and the latest rare eggs are so beautiful and tempting. Okay, I admit it; I am so jealous and envious. It is awful.

Awks, I bred and abandoned 4 trios yesterday. The trick is to ask around on the IRC or via PM for the eggs. If people have 'I take breeding requests' in their signature they'll usually take requests. A fair few people where posting links on the departure boards yesterday and some people were offering free trios for those without on the tradeboards.

Breeding List - Update (<- link)

Newly added + already listed but found lineage to confirm pairing:

user posted image

Terrae

user posted image

Dark Green (Vine)

Hellhorse

Spitfire

The list is quoted by Mercury in the second post of this thread. The breeding list which gets updated as soon as I find new pairings or get PM's from helpful users smile.gif can be found here.

If you discover a breeding pair (+ lineage link) which hasn't been listed feel free to contact me via PM. smile.gif

Edited by Nyastara

A lot of people are giving away trios, and soon they should be dropping in the AP. :3

What I want to know, is if avatars will breed true, or is they will produce other avatars when paired with a different groups mate.

What I want to know, is if avatars will breed true, or is they will produce other avatars when paired with a different groups mate.

No knows yet, you will have to wait until players besides TJ have adults. smile.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

So in addition to the "unconfirmed" pairings, the list of dragons whose Avatar offspring HAVEN'T been seen are:

Albino

Black Capped Teimarr

Black Tea

Bright-Breasted Wyvern

Coastal Waverunner

Dorsal

Geode

Gold-horned Tangar

Horse

Imperial Fleshcrowne

Mint

Neotropical

Olive

Pillow

Pink

Royal Blue

Royal Crimson

Stone

Spotted Greenwing

Striped

Sunrise

Turpentine

Two-finned Bluna

Ultraviolet

Whiptail

Yellowcrown

Yulebuck

Sweetling (only refusals so far)

Heartseeker

Tinsel

If you know the outcome of any of these pairings, people on this thread would love to know! c:

Updated the list of needed data! <3

Hmm...very interesting!! I only have the magma, so I can't summon the Guardian yet, but I look forward to being able to summon one and then try for one of these beautiful new breeds! Fun fun!

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave!!!! <3