LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

THEY REVEALED MEGA NOT PRIMAL RAYQUAZA ITS AMAZING OMGOMGOMG NEED SHINY NOWWWEEEEE!!!!!!

...Eh-hem. I'm a bit excited.

From Serebii:

Edit @ 16:02: Mega Rayquaza has been revealed but with no image just yet. It has a new ability called Delta Stream which creates a new weather effect that removes weather and makes moves of a type that Flying-type Pokémon are usually weak to will only deal normal damage to any Flying-type Pokémon in the battle. UIt lasts as long as Rayquaza is in battle

Edit @ 16:08: Trailer also shows a move called Dragon Ascent which is said to be the most powerful Flying-type move

I can't wait to Mega evolve my shiny event Rayquaza! biggrin.gif Why Rayquaza gets a mega evolution instead of primal will be explained in the game's story apparently.

I. Mega Rayquaza looks kind of awesome.

Holy crap it's BEAUTIFUL!

Delta Stream though? o: Hm, it protects Flying types AND removes Weather? This is awesome and SUPER OP.

The sad thing is it looks like Dragon Ascent is a 2-turn move. :c

But still, Rayquaza is gorgeous! At first I didn't notice the streamers and was like "It's cool, but kind of plain". But then I noticed them and I was like "OOOOOOOO: IT'S BEAUTIFUL!". I just love it. It's everything I wanted from a mega Rayquaza.

From Serebii:

I can't wait to Mega evolve my shiny event Rayquaza! biggrin.gif Why Rayquaza gets a mega evolution instead of primal will be explained in the game's story apparently.

user posted image

If you could see my face it would look like this laugh.gif

Official site also posted some lore for the three Hoenn legendaries. It's pretty neat. biggrin.gif

It was a primal age, early in the world's history... The natural world was overflowing with energy. That energy granted Groudon and Kyogre an overwhelming power. Seeking ever more of that energy for themselves, the two clashed again and again, and their battles cast the people and Pokémon of Hoenn into great danger. Brimming with the overwhelming power granted by the energy of nature, this transformation was named by later people "Primal Reversion." And the people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

One Pokémon looked down upon this battle from the sky above. The Pokémon that dances in the heavens: Rayquaza. Rayquaza is venerated by the people of Hoenn as their protector and savior. When Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had battled for 20 dawns and 20 nights, the world began to lose its natural balance and tilt toward destruction. The people, unable to endure any more, cried out to their mighty savior Rayquaza before a great stone that shone with rainbow brilliance. And a change came upon Rayquaza, weaving in the sky above Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Suffused in brilliant light, its body began to transform visibly. And then...

Hmm... Question. Can someone use both a primal AND a mega (or multiple primals) in the same battle? I'm guessing on but figured it's still worth asking.

Hmm...  Question. Can someone use both a primal AND a mega (or multiple primals) in the same battle? I'm guessing on but figured it's still worth asking.

I seriously doubt it. The Primals are essentially Megas, though they don't transform quite the same way. I think it would be severely broken if you had access to both.

UNLESS they add the ability to have more megas in general.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

The second I saw Rayquaza I was like, I need to draw this ASAP. What a qt, hhhhhh.

Also, I was like so relieved he had a decent design.

Imo, most of the Mega designs are kinda somewhat really awful, and lazy.

I'm a little iffy on the jaw-like horns, but other than that I absolutely love the design! I first saw the picture, and thought it was cool enough, then I saw the video and fell in love with it, the streamers sold it. Why do they just work so well for Rayquaza?

*spontaneously explodes from awesomeness*

GF must have known how much Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt made people angry, because this totally makes up for it.

I'm a little iffy on the jaw-like horns, but other than that I absolutely love the design!

Agreed.

I dunno, I really like the horns on the face. They're the bottom horns from regular Rayquaza, just grown out more.

I'm a little iffy on the jaw-like horns

Yeah, that's my only sorta issue, I would have preferred they make them go backward and out more

For anyone just coming in that doesn't want to have to look through the trailer to see it (though I suggest you do!) here are some pics:

user posted image

user posted image

...I'm still very fond of those jaw horns! XD

EDIT: WHOOPS ninja'd a bit there o3o

Holy DAMN Rayquaza looks like it's going to kick some serious behind in battles. I'm impressed with that design!

It could still be a delta going backwards tho... I mean, how hard is it to make a triangle out of Rayquaza's head?

It could still be a delta going backwards tho... I mean, how hard is it to make a triangle out of Rayquaza's head?

imo I think it looks better around the head. I'm trying to imagine it reversed and it doesn't sound all that great...

I think the jaw horns would be better if they didn't look so much like insect jaws.

I honestly like Rayquaza, a lot. It's kind of weird, but hey, it's intimidating, serpentine, and totally looks like some ancient deity. And the buggy pincers, hey, it might learn Megahorn! And then the many psychics in Ubers will cry.

The weird chain things around it are really cool too.

And then the many psychics in Ubers will cry.

I think ubers is already welling up in tears about that ability of his...

I think the jaw horns would be better if they didn't look so much like insect jaws.

I have to say I agree. I don't mind them, but if they were a little more fleshed out like traditional dragon wrap around horns, like so

user posted image

It would have been cooler. But I get the whole Delta thing and I still love it. And the ability rocks.