LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

actually I was thinking Mega Arceus would also have Protean and then even better stats than a Mega Mew :P but eh, either way, I still think Mew would be awesome with it. I was trying to think of an ability and then ran across Protean and was like "IT'S PERFECT"

I was going to put the specific stat things up but I wasn't patient enough. I would have done it for everything but I don't have good ideas for all of them.

It's still really impressive how many you managed to make 0-0

Do you think there will be other generation starters here as well? Or a slightly changed plot for ORAS? It'd be really neat if it wasn't a copy-paste game with better graphics and actually improved story, mechanics, pacing, etc.

I want a Mega Missingno. I'd give it the ability Download, and it would have -9999999999999 stats in all categories. It would also be a duel Bird/??? type. It wouldn't have any moves besides struggle and Super Glitch moves.

Edited by PieMaster

The problem with a "Mega Missingno" is that Missingno isn't an actual Pokemon in the first place, it was just a Gen 1 glitch. Bird is no longer a type. Missingno. has no dex number. If it had Super Glitch moves they'd have to purposely code those in as well as a way to find it, animations, move animations, a new type, and several new moves. There's no doubt they just won't.

Unless that was a joke. Was that intended to be a joke?

If it was, oops.

Though not Mega Slowbro, with all the Mega Slowbro love going around I thought I should post

beautiful piece of work.

user posted image

user posted image

So... Europe is getting these sweet limited edition steelbook cases for ORAS. They're also getting figurines of Primal Groudon and Kyogre as a preorder bonus.

Please do this for Japan and US too. xd.png

I'd like the figures without the base, well, Groudon mostly. It looks like it is standing on a cookie....

You know what I miss the most though? When they made the game cartridges special colors to match up with the games.

But it's not just any cookie... It's a lava cookie! Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. xd.png

But yeah, it's a shame that they don't seem to be doing colored cartridges for ORAS. At least they have steelbooks for 3DS games now... That's still pretty cool!

I am super-excited about Mega Slowbro. I might finally have a reason to raise a Slowpoke. I also like the fact that Groudon and Kyogre are getting Primal forms instead of Mega forms. I think Dialga was the only Primal Pokemon we had? I would be interested to see how their stats change.

Those figurines look amazing! The base for Groudon isn't quite as good, but I still really wish they weren't Europe-exclusive. Maybe the steelbooks won't be, though. I don't know, they'll probably be really expensive though,

If Groudon an Kyogre got new Megas, I'd assume they keep the same abilities? That's their main draw, alongside really good stats, but they're a lot less good without drought/drizzle.

If Groudon an Kyogre got new Megas, I'd assume they keep the same abilities? That's their main draw, alongside really good stats, but they're a lot less good without drought/drizzle.

Maybe, but maybe not. After all, when they come out it automatically sets up the weather. Personally I'd like to see them both get abilities that benefit from the weather set up, like Solar Power for Groudon and Swift Swim/Hydration for Kyogre.

Also I thought their primal forms were their megas? O.o purpledragonclaw mentioned that.

Primal Groudon gets really interesting trade-offs in terms of type effectiveness. It loses a weakness but one of its weaknesses becomes x4, while one of the weaknesses is switched with another, but then it also gains 3 more resistances and swaps one of its current resistances. I think it's useful. It now resists the powerful Fairy type and is even more useful against Fire types.

Kinda wish Kyogre gained a type, like Dragon or something. Poooossibly Ice but Water/Ice is a horrid type.

It really should have gotten Electric, what with the bio-luminescent lightning spots on it >_>

Might have been a bit OP, STAB auto-Rain Thunder, but Kyogre is already the #2 Uber so it wouldn't be too bad

But it's not just any cookie... It's a lava cookie! Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. xd.png

Nope that was totally perfect! xd.png

The primal forms are kind of megas, it's called primal reversion rather than mega evolution.

I guess the primal forms were their original forms before going to sleep.

It really should have gotten Electric, what with the bio-luminescent lightning spots on it >_>

Might have been a bit OP, STAB auto-Rain Thunder, but Kyogre is already the #2 Uber so it wouldn't be too bad

Haha yes I would have loved that! Also would have given Groudon *some* STAB advantage over it (I realize it gets Solarbeam but come on like that's really useful without STAB :\ Unless it were to get Solar Power)

Edited by edwardelricfreak

But with only five turns to abuse it's own weather with, it wouldn't be too great. Auto weather is less good for team support now, but it's still relevant, and having more rain/sun when you switch back in incredibly useful.

Personally, I'd have proffered it if they stayed monotype. Adding more makes it seem like they have greater control over the land/sea, but just water and ground was so much more symbolic. Also, yeah, water-ice is terrible. Ruining water with all the bad ice has defensively.

Isn't Kyogre already considered the king/queen of Ubers because of how much special attack it has? I'm kind if scared if what the Primal form would do.

But with only five turns to abuse it's own weather with, it wouldn't be too great. Auto weather is less good for team support now, but it's still relevant, and having more rain/sun when you switch back in incredibly useful.

Personally, I'd have proffered it if they stayed monotype. Adding more makes it seem like they have greater control over the land/sea, but just water and ground was so much more symbolic. Also, yeah, water-ice is terrible. Ruining water with all the bad ice has defensively.

Yes, but it's not like it would help it if the primals still had those abilities unless they switched out anyway. I'd rather have it set up and allow them to annihilate teams with their power, maybe have back up sun/rain support from something else, than keep Drought/Drizzle on them.

Isn't that the *point* of their primal forms? These were their original forms, what they had before they went to sleep and lost their power. Of course they would have more control in these forms. Water/Electric would be super awesome for Kyogre and that means it's also a master of rainstorms. I only suggested Dragon since I couldn't think of anything and Ice just because of its relationship with water. It would have also nerfed Primal just a little so even with all its strength, it's not totally OP. But Water/Electric just sounds awesome and perfect.

Eh, I still think team support is awesome, especially when you can keep supporting while blasting things. But being able to set it up and blast really hard is good too, it just needs all the checks and counters removed first.

Having more control doesn't have to mean control over more elements, though. It could just mean having greater manipulation over what they already had. I kind of would have liked to see them stay the same type, and get a huge movepool expansion to relevant things so they aren't limited to two. At least Groudon has STAB on Eruption now, though.

Water-electric Kyogre would be great. An offensive pivot would be a really unique niche, and it would get STAB on part of boltbeam, which is just making it more absurdly powerful.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

We're also getting an artbook as a Pokemon center preorder bonus. wub.gif

I'm definitely going to preorder as soon as it's available!

DEM GRAPHICS DOUGH! Oh my gosh, kyogre has never looked more beautiful.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT! ARGH! I CAN HARDLY STAND THE WAIT! wub.gif EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

OMG WHEN THEY REVERT TO THEIR PRIMAL FORMES THAT WAS JUST SO HNNNNNNNG

Mega Lati@s basically confirmed; Latios is shown in the trailer, which confirms their return and basically implies the megas will be appearing.

I think I found the Battle Frontier in the trailer, but idk for sure. I might be remembering wrong, but that looks like the Battle Tower (could be the Space Station, though; been so long since I played Emerald, I can't remember where that cave was).

Edited by PieMaster

Japan's getting figurines too? North America had better get some seriously epic ones. dry.gif

And oh my gosh the art book's visuals are amazing. Such a nice mix of cartoon and realistic.

I think I found the Battle Frontier in the trailer, but idk for sure. I might be remembering wrong, but that looks like the Battle Tower (could be the Space Station, though; been so long since I played Emerald, I can't remember where that cave was).

I think that's Mossdeep, actually. It's definitely the space station.

Yeah, you're right. At least there's still hope for a full Battle Frontier, maybe with new buildings (some of the old ones sucked).

Edited by PieMaster

Yeah, you're right. At least there's still hope for a dull Battle Frontier, maybe with new buildings (some of the old ones sucked).

Battle Pyramid, y u no let meh see?!

But yeah, some new Frontier building would be nice. A comeback from Lucy with a new and improved Battle Pike would be awesome, for sure. Maybe even some Sinnoh Brains if we're lucky? Finally I could ship Darach and Lucy XD

Mossdeep looks neat. What I really can't wait for is Lilycove, though. That place will look beyond amazing in 3D, I'm sure of it.