LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

They might just be straight up ability effects considering the strong sun/rain ends when P-Groudon/P-Kyogre leave the field.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. :U

Hopefully we'll hear more soon!

UGH DON'T REMIND ME Dx

I'm really hoping they release one, though.

You know what how about we just make our own. :| Might try drawing one later, but making up stats is something I can do now!

Regular Flygon:

Ability: Levitate

HP: 80

Attack: 100

Defense: 80

Sp.Atk: 80

Sp.Def: 80

Speed: 100

Total: 520

Mega Flygon:

Ability: Tinted Lens

HP: 80

Attack: 130 (+30)

Defense: 80 (+0)

Sp.Atk: 110 (+30)

Sp.Def: 80 (+0)

Speed: 140 (+40)

Total: 620

While its attack stats are only barely passable by current standards, its speed has been increased decently and paired with Tinted Lens, which boosts "not very effective" moves, with its STABs it can hit everything in the game except Togetic, Togekiss, and Shedinja for *at least* neutral damage. I think it's a nice tradeoff to losing Levitate. It would only need Rock to hit the others, and that makes for good coverage anyway. It allows switch-ins that would resist a move it uses to not switch in *quite* as safely. Flygon is actually fairly bulky so it can last a while naturally, so it could get away with a something like Outrage, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Roost/Swords Dance or whatever and probably be fine. It could use a mixed or fully special set, though that's probably not as potent or easily done as physical.

That's actually pretty good, though the poor thing still dies to one Ice Shard.

I think something like Sheer Force, Tough Claws, maybe Guts (burn is so prominent). Sand Rush/Force/Stream would be a nice tie in to it's 'desert spirit' status. Speed Boost would be broken as heck if opponent has no counters.

So many options. They'll probably keep Levitate sad.gif

That's actually pretty good, though the poor thing still dies to one Ice Shard.

I think something like Sheer Force, Tough Claws, maybe Guts (burn is so prominent). Sand Rush/Force/Stream would be a nice tie in to it's 'desert spirit' status. Speed Boost would be broken as heck if opponent has no counters.

So many options. They'll probably keep Levitate  :(

Yeah, sadly it probably would. :c

I actually thought of giving it Sand Force, to boost Rock/Ground/Steel moves, but I don't want anything limiting in terms of weather. :\ But yes, that was actually my first thought, because I was like "it's a desert spirit so it should have something sand-related!"

Sheer Force and Tough Claws imo don't make sense, unless the design were based on that. Guts really don't make any sense. The Pokemon that have Guts usually have something about being hardy or whatever in their Pokedex entry and Flygon does not fit that at all.

I went with Tinted Lens because of Flygon's eyes. It makes sense for the design, and I doubt it's a feature they would get rid of for a mega. I also thought it would make up (somewhat) for Flygon's lackluster attack stats.

I also thought of Sand Rush (and Sand Veil), but again it's so *limited*. You'd want something like Tyranitar on the team, and at that point just go with Mega Tyranitar. :\ Sand Stream is more intriguing, though probably not as helpful.

Speed Boost is okay but I think I like Tinted Lens more.

And they MIGHT keep Levitate. It's definitely a possibility. But of course that's also IF they make a Mega Flygon (which I hope they do).

Alternatively, we could make up an ability that ties into its Desert Spirit status but is also useful outside of sandstorm. o:

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I had kinda thought of an ability that was a mix of Sand Stream and Sand Force in that it both makes the storm and reaps the benefits at the same time. Not sure if that'd be overpowered, but I like it. Could even call the ability 'Sand Spirit' or something.

I do understand with Tinted Lens. I think Tough Claws is doable though. Mega Char X's claws are no bigger than normal Flygon's. I guess the lenses are more prominent though.

I had kinda thought of an ability that was a mix of Sand Stream and Sand Force in that it both makes the storm and reaps the benefits at the same time. Not sure if that'd be overpowered, but I like it. Could even call the ability 'Sand Spirit' or something.

I do understand with Tinted Lens. I think Tough Claws is doable though. Mega Char X's claws are no bigger than normal Flygon's. I guess the lenses are more prominent though.

oh maybe!

wait.

what if.

It had.

Something.

Like.

P-Kyogre and P-Groudon.

OOOOO: *mind implodes*

ok ok ok so I do like Sand/Desert Spirit for the name (probably Sand Spirit because it's simple). Basically it makes "Strong Sandstorm", which is like however Primordial Sea and Desolate Land in terms of however long they last but leave when they are switched out. Like regular Sandstorm, it provides the buff to Rock-types, but it also gives similar buffs to Steel and Ground types (and the buff isn't quite as strong, 30% as opposed to 50%. This might be nixed though). The sandstorm also hurts more, doing 1/8 instead of 1/16 damage.

Yeah, I thought about it after I posted and was like "Wait, Mega Charizard. :U"

Yes yes yes, much want. Flygon would finally see some competitive use! At the same time though, after Roomba-rupt and Super spike Sharpedo, I'm skeptical how good a Mega would actually be for Flygon. Sure, his stats would get a much needed buff, but, I mean... come on. There's like a 35% chance they would ruin Flygon entirely. I don't want what happened to Blaziken to happen to him ._.;

@edwardelricfreak- Yes, that would be amazing. This I need.

I think they meant design-wise.

I don't mind mega Blaziken, but yeah, Sharpedo wasn't very creative. and don't get started on Slowbro

'What happened to blaziken'? You mean become overly badass? Thatd be totally fine for flygon here

Yes this.

imo I really like all the Megas. I think Camerupt and Sharpedo look awesome, as well as Gallade (I'm really digging the cape and blades). The only mega so far that I don't like too much is Abomasnow, and that's only because I don't like Abomasnow. I still like its mega MORE than the regular form, though.

MW: Eh, I already don't care for their Ninetales or Arcanine, though. :U I made my own a while back and just prefer them, is all. Will check that out more later.

Actually, can you ask for them to make X and Y versions for Ninetales and Arcanine and use mine? I do like the ideas for theirs but still really like mine. I'll have to go digging through the posts to find mine...

I find it weird that they're calling them X & Y versions still. At this point it would make more sense to call the Alpha and Omega versions or something like that (considering what games they'd be split between).

Fire/Psychic Ninetails would be cool, though it gives it more weaknesses, without taking any away. I'm not sure I like that.

I want to see a Mega.... wait for it...

Jirachi.

Because I think it would be awesome.

Quickly, Game Freak! Release the boosted version of Serene Grace! wink.gif

MW: Eh, I already don't care for their Ninetales or Arcanine, though. :U I made my own a while back and just prefer them, is all. Will check that out more later.

Actually, can you ask for them to make X and Y versions for Ninetales and Arcanine and use mine? I do like the ideas for theirs but still really like mine. I'll have to go digging through the posts to find mine...

We're trying to minimize XY versions. Stuff only gets them if they have two big roles or suggested type combos or something (EX: Lapras as Dragon/Water and Dragon/Ice)

However, you're free to try to convince them to change stuff. I just figured I'd share since you said you could make your own and that's what we're doing

EDIT: Oh, and I doubt people will always agree on how to make things. When we were originally brainstorming there were at least three people just giving everything insane attack/speed buffs

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I find it weird that they're calling them X & Y versions still. At this point it would make more sense to call the Alpha and Omega versions or something like that (considering what games they'd be split between).

Fire/Psychic Ninetails would be cool, though it gives it more weaknesses, without taking any away. I'm not sure I like that.

X and Y is just a muuuuch shorter way of saying they're different forms. c: I like it.

I made my Mega Ninetales Fire/Ghost, which imo is a muuuuch better typing and gives reason for Ninetales laying a proper Curse on the opponent. For both Ninetales and Arcanine, in my notes I added certain moves to their various move lists that I thought would make sense. o3o

I gave Arcanine more headbutt and recoil moves. I based the design more on what Arcanine is based on, the shisa, which are commonly made as statues, so I made it Fire/Rock. I wanted either Solid Rock or Rock Head for the ability. o3o I was leaning towards Rock Head, since it would be getting a LOT of headbutt moves (not affected by the ability but makes sense) and more recoil moves. But I figure, if there are different versions, maybe one could have Solid Rock and the other Rock Head (or something else that prevents recoil), but theirs has Moxie, so...

MW: oh, aw. Well, I think it would be ok for these two, especially if they're different enough (might not be though...).

Basically, it's like having a Pokemon that gets used as a physical and special sweeper both. Or something that's normally used on weather and wanting it to keep that niche but also wanting a version that can perform outside that. Or like Lapras where we wanted both Ice and Water ones. Stuff like that

EDIT: You're more likely to get your versions if you bring sprites with them. Since ATM all we have are recolors

Basically, it's like having a Pokemon that gets used as a physical and special sweeper both. Or something that's normally used on weather and wanting it to keep that niche but also wanting a version that can perform outside that. Or like Lapras where we wanted both Ice and Water ones. Stuff like that

EDIT: You're more likely to get your versions if you bring sprites with them. Since ATM all we have are recolors

Hm, I might think about it then! I haven't really looked through the list too much and haven't looked at the stat changes much. I did see the Laprases. I like that idea, actually! c:

I have sketches of a *few* of them, like Zoroark, Mew, Arcanine, and Ninetales. I'd have to sprite them if I need sprites. o3o

I'm going to sprite Weavile so I can make certain my Tough Claws version gets used

Also, additions of moves are equally scarce. I don't think we're adding more than one or two moves to anything

EDIT: (I seem to be making a lot of these) I think you're pretty good with stats personally, so I would definitely put in a good word for you if you decided to stick around. I've been skimming the list on and off and it could definitely use some work

Hm, looked over my Mega Ninetales and Arcanine and edited their boosts to definitely make sure they're different-enough from the ones on the list to make them ok for alternates. Not sure what ability to give Ninetales, though. Originally I had Magic Guard, but then I realized it would really only benefit from that if it was either defensive and/or could hold a Life Orb, so I nixed it. Now I'm trying to decide between Fur Coat, Wonder Guard, Magic Bounce, and Filter. My strongest choices are the last two, especially since the first two are signature abilities.

When it comes to adding moves, I mainly only add moves that I think would make *sense* for the Pokemon, not just the mega, although they benefit the mega, too. I could pick and choose certain ones out of them, too. Like for instance, with Ninetales, most of the moves have *something* to do with what its Pokedex entries say about it, how it can lay curses and holds grudges and other vengeance-like moves. Here, I'll show you what I did:

*add:

-Curse

-Destiny Bond

-Shadow Sneak

to level-up moves

-Nightmare

-Magic Coat

-Trick

-Parting Shot

-Revenge

-Memento

to breed moves

-Retaliate

-Quash

-Shadow Ball

-Embargo

-Snarl

to TM moves

So, if you can see, most are just based on Ninetales itself. The only ones that are really meant for my mega version are Shadow Sneak and Shadow Ball, and sort-of Curse (it can now actually lay proper curses :P)

With Arcanine, most of them definitely are for its mega, though they could just as easily be for Arcanine for the most part (at least its level-up and some breed moves:

*add:

-Head Smash

-Double Edge

-Wild Charge

to level-up moves

-Ancient Power

-Iron Head

-Headbutt

-Zen Headbutt

to breed moves

-Sandstorm

-Rock Tomb

-(possibly Rock Slide and Stone Edge?)

to TM moves

Also, now debating between Rock Head and Sheer Force. :U I like Rock Head for the theme (it's now a rocky statue, sort of), but Sheer Force basically gets the same benefits and extends the benefits to other moves.

-------

EDIT: So, I'm looking over the list, and I'm wondering about some of the abilities...

Why bother giving Vanilluxe part Fairy type and Pixilate? Why not just give it Refrigerate? :\ I mean, it sounds cool being part Fairy, but it's kind of weird. o3o And besides, why not make it Ice/Steel? c: Benefit from its decent pool of Steel-type moves.

Dialga and Palkia are some of the least-imaginative ones on the list. I would have honestly suggested making up new abilities for them. Give Dialga something that warps time somehow; perhaps something that makes all increased/decreased-priority moves swap (those at 0, which are most moves, are unaffected) (also another note, it does NOT affect ACTIONS, like O-Powers, switching, rotating, items, escaping, mega evolution, charging of moves like Focus Punch, or whatever, just the actual MOVES themselves). Basically, all those Protecting moves and Quick Attack clones? Haha, they're lowered. Stuff like Roar? Increased! Call it Time Warp. For Palkia, give it something that bends space somehow. Its ability negates the use of weather moves/abilities, terrain-changing moves, and things like Trick Room, etc, maybe (Palkia can still use them but not anything else, even allies)? Call it Space Warp. I like Giratina so it's fine. c:

I would have made Haxorus part Steel and really put emphasis on blades in its design, but that's just me. They don't *need* to change it. Perhaps suggest another version with Tough Claws that is Dragon/Steel type?

I would have made Goodra either part Water or part Poison, as well. Probably Water. Yup, I think that's the only difference. c:

I expect Fairy is leftover from where we got started. People were giving Fairy typing to literally everything

It's not all about lore, Haxorus performs well as is, so it's just getting some little boosts to help it along

I'd suggest bringing up these issues on there tho, mainly with Vanilluxe, Palkia, and Dialga since you have especially good points of those

It's not all about lore, Haxorus performs well as is, so it's just getting some little boosts to help it along

I'd suggest bringing up these issues on there tho, mainly with Vanilluxe, Palkia, and Dialga since you have especially good points of those

Like I said, it doesn't NEED to be, I just thought it might beef it up a little more (and help it against Fairy types!).

Alright, I can try. Probably should take all of this discussion over there, anyway. Not sure where the discussion is happening, though...probably in the actual game itself. :\

Discussion? ATM we're just trying to stabilize the PO mod, lol. I'd suggest making a thread in the CAMP section

Hm, do they need any spriters? I do Pokemon spriting often still.

user posted image

That animation is a little janky... :U but it's still nice.