LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Get hyped. More Mega evolutions confirmed! Including the long awaited Mega Gallade!

user posted image

From Serebii:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The first images for this month have started to appear. In this image, from the magazine Weekly Shonen Sunday, it confirms that, in next month's issue of CoroCoro, due out on October 15th, a special serial code will be given. This Serial Code offers you a trial version of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire which appears to have you pick between Grovyle, Combusken & Marshtomp and ends with the obtaining of a Mega Evolution. We'll bring more on this as it comes

Edit @ 09:33: Mega Gallade revealed

Edit @ 09:39: Mega Sharpedo & Mega Camerupt have also been confirmed. Mega Sharpedo has the ability Strong Jaw while Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force

Edit @ 09:46: Primal Kyogre has a new ability called Sea of Beginnings and Primal Groudon has a new ability called Land of Endings. They activate what is called Strong Rain and Strong Sunlight respectively. It is not known how different this is to normal. Primal Groudon's new move is called Cliff's Blade

Edit @ 09:49: Mega Camerupts Speed is decreased, but every other stat is increased while all of Sharpedo's stats get an increase

I can't wait to try out the demo!

oh WOW yay more megas! I was hoping Gallade would get more love! I love his cape :'>

I'm glad Sharpedo and Camerupt got megas. I think they were some more Pokemon I wanted to see get megas. At least Sharpedo. o3o

Strong Sunlight and Strong Rain? I imagine they're going to be like the old sunlight and rain, maybe also receiving more of a power boost. I think they'll at least last longer than 5 turns, anyway.

Cliff's Blade sounds awesome o:

Also WALLY <33333 would have hoped he would have kept Gardevoir but I like him having a Gallade, too, especially since we've already had Diantha showcasing Mega Gardevoir.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Yay, Gallade got a Mega! Eh, can't really say I like his design too much, but the cape is pretty cool. I also kind of like that he got a little chest triangle too, even though it being smaller is going to lead to some not-so-great fanart and theories.

And yay, Sharpedo and Camerupt! Sharpedo will probably miss Speed Boost, but I can definitely see it running protect/substitute/crunch/hydro pump or something like that, getting a bunch of speed boosts before Mega Evolving. Shame it didn't mostly get aggressive buffs, that would make it a pretty awesome sweeper. Strong jaw is awesome, though. Camerupt sounds like it could be cool, but fire/ground typing is not the greatest, especially when you're basically the slowest thing alive.

I think Strong Sun and Strong Rain will be perma-weather, making Kyogre not the king of Ubers, but the Almighty King of Ubers who Shall Never be Dethroned.

I wonder if Primal Kyogre's getting a new move? Groudon is getting them for STAB, but I don't remember any announcements for a new Kyogre-Exclusive.

I want to raise Mega Sharpedo, Mega Slowbro, and Mega Camerupt. I hope Mega Camerupt's stat boosts make up for its speed loss. I'm also interested in the new abilities, like Sheer Force and Strong Jaw. Watching the Pokemon tournament's made me much more interested in Pokemon battles.

Part of me is kind of hoping Sharpedo ends up Water/Steel but it doesn't really look like metal, though when I saw the thumbnail I thought it was :U Hoping it gets a huge boost to speed and attack (and maybe special attack too, though not as much).

Part of me also hopes Cliff's Blade ends up a dual-type move, being primarily Ground but also Fire, absolutely wrecking a loooot of Pokemon.

Camerupt is a roomba robot thing

Sharpedo got facial inserts

Gallade got... wings? And less color. And he still has the weird hip thing going on. Still my favorite of the three.

Now where's MDelcatty.

Camerupt is a roomba robot thing

I'm just waiting for all the fan art relating to that. I'll definitely be breeding Numels for a 5-6IV one just to name it Roomba xd.png

Nooooooooooo! Why!?!?!?!? I never loved Camerupt and Sharpedo, but they were decent. Now they've been megafied, and unlike Salamence, it was not a good thing. Maybe if I could see Mega-lade in action he could be given some leniency, but those other two CANNOT be forgiven. RIP you dynamic duo...

These new megas are just getting more and more ridiculous, lol. Besides the serrated blades, the cape and the loss of colour, mega Gallade has little difference, Camerupt...honestly looks like a walking carpet, and Sharpedo is just.....what.

Honestly it looks more and more like they were just scribbling together these ideas rather than spending time with them, but oh well. At least we'll all have fun getting them, right?

Don't take what I said the wrong way though, I do like these megas, they just look incredibly funny to me laugh.gif

From serebii:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Trailer & English Details

The Pokémon Company has uploaded a new trailer which showcases all of the new information and Mega Evolutions from the past week. Primal Kyogre's ability is Primordial Sea and it blocks Fire-type moves and changing the weather. Its move is Origin Pulse. Primal Groudon's ability is Desolate Land and it blocks Water-type moves and changing the weather. It's move is Precipice Blades. Both moves can hit multiple opponents. The new weathers are permanent but fade when the Pokémon is switched out

The demo version has also been confirmed the west

Edit @ 15:08: Screenshots have been added to our pre-release Screenshot page

Edit @ 15:11: The Global Link and Pokémon Bank have also been confirmed to be compatible

Edit @ 15:15; The Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Soundtrack to come to Japan on December 6th while the Pokémon Center will receive special edition New Nintendo 3DS units in Japan. These come with the game pre-installed

There goes Primal Groudon's x4 weakness. Kyogre's got nothing on him now. biggrin.gif

Except, assuming the inability to change weather applies to both their abilities as well, Groudon, won't be able to get its sun up since most of the time it will be running slower EVs. That of course assumes they're both out and megaing at the same time. Otherwise it depends on which was sent out first

Personally though, I think that having both out should create a third super-weather of some kind that just makes everything go to censorkip.gif #EviolitePsyduck4Uberz

I'm going to assume that whichever is sent out second (or megas second) gets the weather, just like now. In fact, I think those two might be the *only* things that can cancel. Actually, Rayquaza's Air Lock might work, though I don't think Cloud Nine will. OR, a potential Primordial Rayquaza might have a boosted Air Lock-like ability that stops them. And maybe it blocks stuff, too, just like these block water/fire moves. o3o

Primal Groudon's boost is huge. Loosing the water weakness does great things for it, especially with the type change to ground/fire.

Primal Kyogre's boost will be great in double/triple battles by pairing it with pokemon weak to fire.

From Corocoro it soundsl like Rayquaza will definitely get a mega/primal form. I can't wait to see it...

It would be really dumb to have them and Rayquaza be the only ones canceling each other. It would kinda be like saying "We nerfed weather because it was broken before, but now with these guys we're not just unnerfing it, we're making it better. Have funz"

I don't really like what they've done so far, limiting its control to just the trio is just not a good idea

Edited by MasterWeavile898

These new megas are just getting more and more ridiculous, lol. Besides the serrated blades, the cape and the loss of colour, mega Gallade has little difference, Camerupt...honestly looks like a walking carpet, and Sharpedo is just.....what.

Honestly it looks more and more like they were just scribbling together these ideas rather than spending time with them, but oh well. At least we'll all have fun getting them, right?

Don't take what I said the wrong way though, I do like these megas, they just look incredibly funny to me laugh.gif

Quickly! Release the Mega Malamar!

*giant not-shameless ripoff of the Kraken appears*

If only.

It would be really dumb to have them and Rayquaza be the only ones canceling each other. It would kinda be like saying "We nerfed weather because it was broken before, but now with these guys we're not just unnerfing it, we're making it better. Have funz"

I don't really like what they've done so far, limiting its control to just the trio is just not a good idea

There might be other moves/abilities that can cancel it. For starters, those with Mold Breaker (or clones of it, like what Reshiram and Zekrom have) will be able to attack regardless. But I mean new moves; there will probably be new things to cancel that kind of weather.

To be fair, though, all three are going to be Uber anyways, and they're the only ones who use weather up there. I've seen the occasional Tyranitar, but nothing else. I doubt people will run things like Politoed or ZardY just to beat these guys, since they're the superior option. It doesn't really affect anything competitively.

To be fair, though, all three are going to be Uber anyways, and they're the only ones who use weather up there. I've seen the occasional Tyranitar, but nothing else. I doubt people will run things like Politoed or ZardY just to beat these guys, since they're the superior option. It doesn't really affect anything competitively.

Yes exactly. They're already extremely Uber tier anyway, why does it matter that they get nerfed? :\ They CAN be taken out. In fact, I think Primal Groudon might wreak more havoc than Kyogre, simply because setting up sun gives it immediate Solar Beam action, but Kyogre has to use something other than water moves to beat Groudon (which isn't hard, but it's not like Ice is super effective anymore. Probably still does lots of damage, but it doesn't get STAB or super effective bonus at all).

So, what about that MoldBreaker/Teravolt/Turboblaze?

(I'm sure someone in those groups learns Water moves. Right?)

So, what about that MoldBreaker/Teravolt/Turboblaze?

(I'm sure someone in those groups learns Water moves. Right?)

I literally just said that like a few posts earlier. :P They should still be able to use the moves, even other weather moves, since Mold Breaker and its clones can bypass abilities that stop it from using a move normally.

Welp, prolly means Reshiram will wreck even harder. Maybe. It would probably be dumb to use fire moves on Kyogre anyway, but at least if it's a switch-in situation, it won't stop Reshiram.

I kind of doubt that they'll have the moveslots to run weather-inducing moves, though. If a team really needs a counter to Groudon/Kyogre, they're so much better off just using one of the trio themselves. That's kind if the reason why Ubers is absolutely dominated by weather/Kyogre. Manual weather is just outclassed, and probably always will be.

A move to remove all field effects would be amazing, though. OwO

I kind of doubt that they'll have the moveslots to run weather-inducing moves, though. If a team really needs a counter to Groudon/Kyogre, they're so much better off just using one of the trio themselves. That's kind if the reason why Ubers is absolutely dominated by weather/Kyogre. Manual weather is just outclassed, and probably always will be.

A move to remove all field effects would be amazing, though. OwO

I'm saying that they *can* use the weather moves, but they should also be able to use fire and water moves, respectively. Obviously manual weather is outclassed. I do think Kyogre will still wreak even more havoc as its mega (let's be honest it's basically a mega. I don't want to constantly type the whole name :P Maybe I'll use P-Kyogre...). I just think that P-Kyogre's (and regular Kyogre's) biggest check will be P-Groudon, since it stops Kyogre's water + Thunder onslaught in its tracks and can blast it away with ready-to-use Solar Beam.

A move to remove field effects, though <3 I thought there was already something, but I think I'm thinking of stat modifiers. :U

Just think, maybe it could remove not only weather, but things like the Terrain moves and maybe other things. o3o

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Wait, fire moves can't be used in rain and vice versa? Huh, never picked up that piece of info. But I don't think they'll be able too, still. Turboblaze, Teravolt and Moldbreaker ignore abilities, not weather.

And trick room. Trick Room's dominance in doubles will come to a close, finally. Maybe. Or maybe they have someone fast to kill the pokemon with that move and then just trick room again. I dunno. If there is a move like that, I'm going to be super excited, though.

Wait, fire moves can't be used in rain and vice versa? Huh, never picked up that piece of info. But I don't think they'll be able too, still. Turboblaze, Teravolt and Moldbreaker ignore abilities, not weather.

Fire moves can't be used in the strong rain caused by the ability. So I'm hoping that Mold Breaker will be able to get through. o3o

I realize it doesn't ignore weather, but in this instance the weather caused by this ability (which happens to dissipate when Kyogre/Groudon switch out) prevents those moves from being used. SO I think it's still tied to the abilities enough that Mold Breaker and its clones still work.

They might just be straight up ability effects considering the strong sun/rain ends when P-Groudon/P-Kyogre leave the field.