LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I preordered my copy today. Ruby ftw. UwU

preordered mine a long time ago. It all most paid off.

I am getting both.

preordered mine a long time ago. It all most paid off.

I am getting both.

Lol, congrats.

I don't have the patience to play both, and I don't feel like wasting my money on two.

Haha, so many enthusiastic people preordering. I'm just sitting in a corner being sad that I probably won't even be able to buy one at release. Buying both though? Is it worth it? I mean, I know there are usually different pokes, but isn't easier and cheaper to just trade?

I preordered both, but only because all the games I traded in intending to just pay off one were actually enough to get both, but only if I used the money on games, and there was nothing else I wanted to preorder or buy.

I preordered both, but only because all the games I traded in intending to just pay off one were actually enough to get both, but only if I used the money on games, and there was nothing else I wanted to preorder or buy.

Well, you could always throw the credit on a giftcard too.

Haha, so many enthusiastic people preordering. I'm just sitting in a corner being sad that I probably won't even be able to buy one at release. Buying both though? Is it worth it? I mean, I know there are usually different pokes, but isn't easier and cheaper to just trade?

Well, in Japan, they'll give you the ORAS artbook if you preorder both games at a pokemon center and there's also the preorder only figurines of Primal Groudon and Kyogre.

I'm holding off on pre-ordering until there's something worthwhile as a preorder bonus. I'm still holding out for a figure or something.

There's only that lame poster from GameStop for the US right now. Not worth it to me.

I don't understand why NoA thinks that US citizens aren't interested in physical preorder bonuses. Not just ORAS, but a lot of games don't get the bonuses that the other countries do (I know I'm whining with "It's not faiiiiiiiir")

That or they do the bonuses but at the Nintendo World Store in NYC only. Because I (and the majority of the country) have the money and time to go out to NYC to pick up a game.

Then people go and sell them on ebay for ridiculous amounts of money *pouts*

Well, you could always throw the credit on a giftcard too.

I could have, but gen 3 was always my favorite, and I know I'll be happy to have both. I certainly replayed the GBA originals more often than any other game, and now that it's going to be that but with all the glorious eye candy of gen 6 and the gameplay mechanics updates the series got throughout...

I order both because

a. I'm a collector so things I like I have to have a complete set with

b. You usually have to preorder both to get the bonus

c. I order the guide books too so if I order both I get a discount on the book.

d. I can play one and trade rare/legendary to my "main game" and then start over when I feel like it.

Edited by water_angel

Well, with D, that's no longer a necessity due to bank. However, I do support getting both; it allows you to have more save files, prioritize different things during playthroughs, and enjoy the differences between the two and get all version-exclusives. One thing I did in X and Y was spend the first game playing through for plot and to stay invested in the characters, going through quickly, but not leaving a route in Y until I had caught all Pokémon I could obtain there at that point in the game.

The hype intensifies.

user posted image

New CoroCoro leaks! Mega Pidgeot and Beedrill confirmed! You can also fly around the overworld on Mega Lati@s and find Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom and Reshiram! I can't wait to finally be able to fly around the overworld!

From Serebii:

Edit @ 09:45: Mega Pidgeot is Normal/Flying-type with the ability No Guard and Mega Beedrill is Bug/Poison-type with the ability Adaptability. You can fly on Mega Latios & Latias in the overworld and find Pokémon such as Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga & Palkia in the sky. Latios is exclusive to Omega Ruby and Latias is exclusive to Alpha Sapphire.

Edit @ 10:00: The Eon Ticket is said to return through a special distribution. This makes Latias available in Omega Ruby and Latios available in Alpha Sapphire. | Edit @ 10:15: This ticket will be distributed via Serial Code in an upcoming issue

Edit @ 10:04: The Legendary Pokémon are found on islands that can only be found through areas on the sky. You access the sky through the Eon Flute item

Edit @ 10:14: You can also encounter various other Pokémon in the wild within the clouds over Hoenn.

Edited by ranger X92

i will get them with my mega beedrills

oh man the lati@s thing sounds really cool and im pretty excited for mega pidgeot i have a pidgeot from SS that's been gathering dust for a while.

i definitely wasnt expecting a lot of the megas but i like p much all of them.

salamence is still... questionable.

Edited by Switch

That whole overworld flying-to-find-legendaries thing sounds really awesome, can't wait to check it out. Mega Pidgeot, though....man am I gonna have fun with that. No guard is an awesome ability to have.

The hype intensifies.

user posted image

New CoroCoro leaks! Mega Pidgeot and Beedrill confirmed! You can also fly around the overworld on Mega Lati@s and find Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom and Reshiram! I can't wait to finally be able to fly around the overworld!

From Serebii:

Omg!!! Such Hype!

I wanna fly around on the Latis. That will be soo cool! Mega Pidgeot looks great! Go by boat or fly, build my base again, so many things to do!

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

THE LATIS ACTUALLY HAVE FEET

...well, sort of :U They have more feet than they used to. They actually come out of the areas the arms used to be in, but their arms also seem fused to their wings so not sure what they are anymore.

I like how the only difference is eye color. o:

But anyway...

Mega Beedrill! Mega Pidgeot!!! I LOVE THEM

but the biggest thing is SKY POKEMON YES WE CAN FLY AROUND ON OUR OWN. only on the Latis but STILL omg I'm so excited! I hope this means we'll eventually get to fly around on our own instead of automatically going ;w; I can dream.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

That needs to be a thing, that really needs to be a thing (I've been playing Bravely Default a lot lately, and flying about on your own is way better than point and click) Though having the point and click in addition can be nice too

That needs to be a thing, that really needs to be a thing (I've been playing Bravely Default a lot lately, and flying about on your own is way better than point and click) Though having the point and click in addition can be nice too

Yes, many RPGs have a system where once you've been to the place you can warp there from a menu instead of flying, but I would like to be able to fly! I LOVE it in the Final Fantasy and Tales series. It's fun for me, even when occasionally there are battles in the sky (actually not sure if this usually happens in any game but if it DID happen, since there are so many flying things in Pokemon, I would like it to be relatively rare or like when you fly through a cloud or a flock of something, kind of like shaking patches of grass/dustclouds from BW).

Edited by edwardelricfreak

OMG yes. Instead of tall grass there could be clouds with sky battles in them, taht would be awesome

OMG yes. Instead of tall grass there could be clouds with sky battles in them, taht would be awesome

WOAH TOO EPIC.

Like a sky version of diving. I sure hope they bring that back, diving was annoying but cool.

Love the new mega designs, especially Pidgeot. The little touches that they added are great. I'm still kind of wondering how good it could be though, since even with +100, its BST still isn't high.

But yay, this means that Staraptor might get a kick-ass mega someday!

I loved diving. That was like the thing to do when I was bored

Diving had some of them best music in all of Pokemon, IMO. It was kind of mysterious, yet relaxing. It's be cool if they remixed it, and had it keep the same effect.

...Shiny Relicanth... I caught one of those my first time playing Ruby, didn't know it was special, and didn't keep it and restarted ;w;