LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

One word: Triples

Stick Glalie in the middle, have a Pokemon with Feint on one side and one with Wide Guard on the other, take out half the enemy team

Also current Glalie sets usually run Explosion, also IIRC they're usually Banded or Scarfed (don't quote me on any of that though)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Sure, but singles? I could potentially seeing it also work for Doubles, too. Also it won't really be sweeping many Fires or Steels any time soon :\ Unless they're pathetically weak defensively and/or Glalie's attack is high enough (natural raw power and/or buffs)

Well not everything has to be good in singles, just like how not everything has to be good in OU

And my comment about it usually running Explosion with a Band still stands, since that's singles sets I'm referring to. Now whether you want to blow your mega slot on a suicide Pokemon outside Triples where it will kill literally everything IDK

Yes that's what I mean. Suicidal slots are well and dandy but as a Mega? I think I'd want my Glalie separate from the slot if I want it on my team AND running Explosion. c: Sorry I should have clarified. Triples/Doubles it might be easier to have it be mega just for the extra power, since I believe any move that hits multiple Pokemon gets weakened. But for Singles I think it would be silly to waste the mega slot on a suicidal Pokemon. :c

In Singles I think Mega Glalies will be running Giga Impact/Return (more likely Return for obvious reasons) if they want to abuse Refrigerate on the physical side. Regular Glalie would have Explosion. It makes it a bit unpredictable, which is handy! Is it going to detonate and do massive damage, or will it mega? The good news is the chance of exploding might make people switch to something that would resist it, giving Glalie a free turn to mega and either attack or set up.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I can kinda understand not having trainer customization in the new games since they are remakes, and the characters (Brendan/May) already had preestablished fashion styles. With X and Y they were completely new characters so they could change if we wanted them to. This probably isn't making any sense but it does in my mind, I just can't write it xd.png

I can kinda understand not having trainer customization in the new games since they are remakes, and the characters (Brendan/May) already had preestablished fashion styles. With X and Y they were completely new characters so they could change if we wanted them to. This probably isn't making any sense but it does in my mind, I just can't write it XD

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. I just really miss it already ;n; Hopefully going forward they'll bring it back! At least they kept Amie.

----

Also, another note on Mega Glalie:

I'm not saying it shouldn't or can't have Explosion. In fact, I'm sure some teams will use it because it will be even stronger and gain STAB. I just meant that, I think wasting the mega slot on something that will just be suicidal is a bit gimmicky, to say the least. I think it would be more effective to have the suicidal Glalie on a team with a different mega. c: Doubles and Triples will really be where suicidal mega Glalie really shines, I think.

I really like both of the two new megas. Glalie makes me laugh, and if you think about it, it's a frozen THREE FEET DIAMETER beach ball with a giant mouth and beard. I prefer playing with Frosslass, since it's just plain more useful, but it's nice to see more underrated pokemon get megas.

And Steelix is cool too, with its diamon things sticking out. I'm not sure how much more defensive it can go without moving to the special side (sure hope it does, that doupd really boost it's effectiveness), but an attack boost is almost guaranteed and would be cool. It might be really similar to Aggron, though.

Edited by KoalaNoob

I can kinda understand not having trainer customization in the new games since they are remakes, and the characters (Brendan/May) already had preestablished fashion styles. With X and Y they were completely new characters so they could change if we wanted them to. This probably isn't making any sense but it does in my mind, I just can't write it xd.png

Pretty much my thoughts as well. They just better bring it back for the XY sequels/Z

user posted image

I'm more excited that we can now apparently fly to individual routes! biggrin.gif

Yeah, that does look really cool. I've been too lazy to watch the video as of now, but I hope the flying speed so fairly decent. Slowness annoys me so much. Also, I'm wondering how the controls will be, since it wouldn't make sense if they could just inexplicably hover in one height.

Mega Glalie speculation:

Old:

HP: 80

Attack: 80

Defense: 80

Sp.Atk: 80

Sp.Def: 80

Speed: 80

Total: 480

New:

HP: 80

Attack: 105 (+25)

Defense: 105 (+25)

Sp.Atk: 105 (+25)

Sp.Def: 105 (+25)

Speed: 80

Total: 580

There are better ways of doing Glalie's stats but I kind of like this one. o3o

------

Mega Steelix speculation:

Old:

HP: 75

Attack: 85

Defense: 200

Sp.Atk: 55

Sp.Def: 65

Speed: 30

Total: 510

New:

HP: 75

Attack: 90 (+5)

Defense: 255 (+55)

Sp.Atk: 55

Sp.Def: 105 (+40)

Speed: 30

Total: 610

GO FOR BROKE, FULL DEFENSE HUEHUEHUE

------

@ranger: 8D I'm SOOOOO excited for flying around like that you have no idea.

I dunno, it seemed to me you could go high or low, but I might be imagining it. Its funny, it reminds me of flying on a staraptor or the Lati twins in the last Ranger game.

The Glalie one is very true to the actual Glalie (that is to say, very balanced and quite mediocre). I can definitely seeing it as a total beast in RU, but not much beyond that. Ice is a terrible typing, it doesn't have the speed or offences to be a great attacker like Weavile once was, and even with Ice Shard, Mamoswine is just way better than it. I guess if you had given twenty to everything, it would be like a Mew Legendary, but then it can't have an item and has bad typing and would still be pretty bad.

And Mega Steelix scares me stat-wise. It has an inability to use an item like leftovers, and doesn't have recovery at all, other than wish-passing or a teammate's leech seed. Personally, I really think that going mixed attacker is the only thing it can really so and still be effective. And... 90 base attack just isn't enough for that.

Guardian Signs flying was epic! I am so glad they incorporated it in another series! We aren't restricted in direction for flight are we and is it the Latis only that we fly on?

Guardian Signs flying was epic! I am so glad they incorporated it in another series! We aren't restricted in direction for flight are we and is it the Latis only that we fly on?

Seems like its the Lati twins only, but we haven't seen anything to say otherwise. And seeing as how we are flying on them in their mega form, I think it will be exclusive to them

Seems like its the Lati twins only, but we haven't seen anything to say otherwise. And seeing as how we are flying on them in their mega form, I think it will be exclusive to them

I really like that idea, actually. Assuming it stays true to the original RSE, the Lati twins will be found near in the after-game, so players can't go wherever they wish until they've explored the entire world and beaten the game. I honestly kind of like how Fly forced you to think before you used it, and promoted exploration a bit too.

Although, it might just be that they've only made the Lati twins' models or decided to use them since they're the mascots. Or, all the models look like that, like how all surfing Pokemon were Lapras in gens 1 and 2. I doubt it, though, since the art is expected to be higher quality now.

I really like that idea, actually. Assuming it stays true to the original RSE, the Lati twins will be found near in the after-game, so players can't go wherever they wish until they've explored the entire world and beaten the game. I honestly kind of like how Fly forced you to think before you used it, and promoted exploration a bit too.

Although, it might just be that they've only made the Lati twins' models or decided to use them since they're the mascots. Or, all the models look like that, like how all surfing Pokemon were Lapras in gens 1 and 2. I doubt it, though, since the art is expected to be higher quality now.

About surfing, I agree with you. The whole Lapras icon for every Pokèmon bugged me. I liked in x/y they turned all but the Lapras itself into a floating boat icon. It was more interactive and more real. Made me want to use Lapras to surf, not just any Pokèmon.

With this new flying mechanism, I am probably going to be spending tons of time in the air after exploring my ground areas.

I do like what you mentioned about being forced to explore. It was a bit annoying, but I did find out quite a bit.

I wonder if the air will have tiles like walking and surfing? It'd be cool if it was totally free, like on the rollerblades, but then that might be a lot more complicated for various reasons. And would there be battles? It'd be totally cool if there were flying pokemon that popped out at you and you could doge if you were skilled, but again, that seems kind of complex and not something Pokemon will ever do.

How would steps work in the air? For egg cycles and stuff?

I wonder if the air will have tiles like walking and surfing? It'd be cool if it was totally free, like on the rollerblades, but then that might be a lot more complicated for various reasons. And would there be battles? It'd be totally cool if there were flying pokemon that popped out at you and you could doge if you were skilled, but again, that seems kind of complex and not something Pokemon will ever do.

How would steps work in the air? For egg cycles and stuff?

Apparently you are able to. A website I frequent says you can encounter pokemon in the sky, but I dont' know if they mean actual battles or if they are just there. I know there are some pokemon you can run into in the sky, but battles I'm unsure of.

Generally, when they say encounter, they mean battle and potentially catch...

Personally, im not impressed with the megas revealed today. Mega Steelix, I think looks kinda cool other than the face... Glalie.. eehhhhh not a fan what-so-ever... the more i look at glalie, the less impressed I am...

Huh, I wonder if it'll be just random battles popping up out of nowhere, or maybe you have to go through clouds that are basically tall grass like speculated earlier in this thread? I still want it to be pokemon flying around that you have to dodge the most, but I seriously doubt that'll happen.

So I just looked it up on the website I go to and you CAN in fact battle wild pokemon in the sky. So far you can battle Wingull and Taillow.

apparently if you see pokemon flying and you interract with them, that's when you'll be able to battle... dunno, i could be wrong, i just remember hearing something like this somewhere.

and apparently you can have a huge heavy as heck rock pokemon battle in the sky :|

let's just think about that for a moment here

Edited by NightFros