LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

It's 4 frames. I based it off the original Crystal title animation, which is also 4 frames. I don't claim to be an animator, really. Just a spriter.

(BW animation is a thing I could learn- I've just never been a fan of how it looks :/ )

It's 4 frames. I based it off the original Crystal title animation, which is also 4 frames. I don't claim to be an animator, really. Just a spriter.

(BW animation is a thing I could learn- I've just never been a fan of how it looks :/ )

I thought so, but it still seems. Odd. :U Not sure what though. Ah well it doesn't matter. XD It still looks good and could probably be refined if you wanted to. o3o

(oh.. speaking of spriting, I still haven't done those hatchlings. That's a thing for tomorrow, then. I am the world master of never finishing anything. ohmy.gif )

Yeah, I like to be nit-picky, but after a while of working on something it becomes hard to tell what's really right or wrong. Ah well. Sometimes coming back to things may be helpful.

Anyway, to get back on track with the discussion, I really wish they'd bring back the Dream World to Pokemon Global Link. :\ Apparently, though, you can send photos from Contests and info on your Secret Base to it, so there's that.

I like never used it. It's only real purpose was for obtaining Hidden Abilities. Friend Safaris kind of replaced it, in my opinion. P;us that stuff takes up servers. I don't want to see all of Nintendo's online play become paid like Microsoft and Sony.

The secret bases will probably replace the 'house' you had in the dream world? (I don't remember much about houses or your 'dream address', really).

Aw, I loved the Dream World. I like having multiple ways to get Hidden Abilities, and I really enjoyed it in general.

I'll tell you something really niche that I enjoyed. Anyone remember how in D/P if you had R/S/E/FR/LG in your gameboy slot, it would cause certain Pokemon to appear in D/P in certain areas depending on the game? I also recall that in R/S if you mixed records with the opposite version, Lotad or Seedot would become findable on the opposite game (may have applied to other mons as well, I don't really remember).

Swarms in general were pretty cool too. XY has no swarms sad.gif

I'll tell you something really niche that I enjoyed. Anyone remember how in D/P if you had R/S/E/FR/LG in your gameboy slot, it would cause certain Pokemon to appear in D/P in certain areas depending on the game? I also recall that in R/S if you mixed records with the opposite version, Lotad or Seedot would become findable on the opposite game (may have applied to other mons as well, I don't really remember).

Swarms in general were pretty cool too. XY has no swarms :(

Yes PLEASE I would LOVE to bring those back! Since R/S/E had mixing records, maybe ORAS will have something related!? o:

Hm, do they need any spriters? I do Pokemon spriting often still.

user posted image

Very much so. Our Skype is literally named "got any ideas for a spriter" ATM tongue.gif

MIXING RECORDS??!! Yus, please please please. GF get on that

I'm watching pokemon season 6 right now and the episode is about the trick room. I wonder if that will make a return and if it will be harder/longer than the original one.

I suppose I can try my hand at it. They have any sketches/concrete ideas to work with yet? (or maybe point me in the right direction?)

Most definitely. It's practically confirmed just by Rayquaza being shown in the magazines alongside stuff about the Primal forms. :U

Watch GF troll us all and NOT give Rayquaza a primal form.

I'm curious how you make Air Lock better, unless other new abilities are immune to normal Air Lock/Cloud Nine.

I am thinking Rayquaza will be a given, but I've been wrong before.

I'm curious how you make Air Lock better, unless other new abilities are immune to normal Air Lock/Cloud Nine.

I posted an idea earlier. Basically it would make it so all terrain and "Room" moves can't be used, as well as weather changes. So no Grassy Terrain, Trick Room, etc. Or something like that? Maybe certain other moves, like Haze, Aromatic Mist, and Mist, would all be prevented, too? Possibly even powder moves, Tailwind, Sweet Scent, Aromatherapy, and a few others that would "change" the air in some way. :U Maybe that's getting deep, but something like that seems good.

I suppose I can try my hand at it. They have any sketches/concrete ideas to work with yet? (or maybe point me in the right direction?)

Not really, we're still just cobbling together stats and abilities. The megas are purely recolors

I was actually very worried they'd leave out Rayquaza, just to troll. This seems to confirm it, thank goodness. Also, I kinda hope it gets a Mold Breaker clone, but IDK how it would make much sense

Not really, we're still just cobbling together stats and abilities. The megas are purely recolors

I went and registered over there. doesn't seem to be much there yet, but it will be interesting to see what becomes.

Hm, I keep thinking what I want to see out of these remakes, and, other than what I've said before, I hope the music remains good. HG/SS's soundtrack was very hit or miss with me, partly because they tried to make the overworld music more of an ambiance. I just don't think that was a good move. Here's to hoping the same doesn't happen with OR/AS.

*end controversial opinion*

Hm, I keep thinking what I want to see out of these remakes, and, other than what I've said before, I hope the music remains good. HG/SS's soundtrack was very hit or miss with me, partly because they tried to make the overworld music more of an ambiance. I just don't think that was a good move. Here's to hoping the same doesn't happen with OR/AS.

*end controversial opinion*

I think, since trumpets (and presumably other brass instruments but mainly trumpets) were a central theme for Hoenn, they're going to stay.

I actually really liked most of the HG/SS music. Of course, in a lot of things, nostalgia won over lots of times and I still prefer certain songs in G/S/C version (and I also almost always use GB Sounds :P), but for the most part I was VERY happy with its soundtrack. So much so that I have the whole thing.

I think they just might bring back in something like the GB Sounds, just to have the original music for those that want it. c:

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I think, since trumpets (and presumably other brass instruments but mainly trumpets) were a central theme for Hoenn, they're going to stay.

Aaactually...

The French horn is more prominent in the Hoenn soundtrack. The trumpet takes second fiddle most songs.

*Is promptly beaten to death by trumpet wielding die hards.*

Aaactually...

The French horn is more prominent in the Hoenn soundtrack. The trumpet takes second fiddle most songs.

*Is promptly beaten to death by trumpet wielding die hards.*

Ah, I see! C: I *thought* I heard something besides trumpets! I figured they used other brassy instruments. Thanks for clearing that up.

I was in band for only a few years, so I don't know TOO much but I know how certain instruments sound.

The trumpets definitely get a lot of the lighter brassy sound, though, I'd say. But yes, I can totally hear the French horn now.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

anyone know the prices on the Nintendo store? (for dis game(s) of course)

Is it even on there yet? I haven't checked, but wouldn't they wait until it's almost release (a month or less?) before allowing for pre-ordering?

And does the shiny Beldum event make anyone sad? I always hate it when they give shinies, it takes away all the value of the shiny if the same pokemon that was earned before.

I have to agree there. I don't mind it being something fairly easy to get (shiny Patrat anyone?) or insanely hard to get (I.E. legends before shiny locks, sorry peeps who got them entirely randomly, you aren't speshul enuf) But when it's something like Beldum, which hatches slowly and requires a Ditto to breed (making it harder to get foreign ones and good IVs and natures) But isn't sheer luck/SRing, it bugs me

I don't mind shiny events. While I do feel sad that it kind of devalues others that were worked for, it gives some people who've never found any access to at least *some*. Also, at least the event ones have tags that show they were from an event in some way, so they're still different from those that are worked for!

Is it even on there yet? I haven't checked, but wouldn't they wait until it's almost release (a month or less?) before allowing for pre-ordering?

Well, I'm not sure about the U.S. or Europe but preorders are already opened here in Japan. I already got mine preordered at the Pokemon Center so that I can get that sweet ORAS artbook. wub.gif