LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Pokemon do evolve through wonder trade. Someone randomly traded me a shiny pumpkaboo and it evolved.

Hmm, then I wonder what the rumor's really about.

You're really lucky though! A shiny trade-to-evolve! Good job!

It evolves into Gourgeist when traded.

It's by any trade, not wonder trade specific.

Yeah, or else getting it to evolve would be hard as heck. That's why everyone's being worried that in ORAS, wonder trade will be the only way. I'm too lazy to run the numbers, but I wonder what the chances of evolving as helmet on wonder trade are?

There are 719 different Pokemon, not including Volcanion and Hoopa, so... massively simplifying and assuming that either party has an equal chance of trading any Pokemon, (1/719)^2, or one in 516961 trades, or about 0.002%. Pretty sure the chances of them removing regular trade-evolution are about that much too.

If you had an infinite supply of Shelmet and Wonder Traded them all in hopes of getting back a Karrablast, that gives you better chances. But given a chance of 1/719, assuming each transaction takes a minute, you would need an average of just under 12 hours of non-stop Wonder Trading to obtain that trade.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

...yeah, people will riot if they remove evolve by trade. Although, with different stuff factored in, like how most wouldn't get all pokemon, a lot might not have the mon that evolves, and there are many greedy people who only trade sucky stuff- yeah, odds are terrible.

I don't think they'd ever get rid of evolving by trade. Ever. Trading is the pure essence of Pokemon, and getting rid of evolving by trade will just make it less likeable.

Besides that, and it gives us a bit of a challenge to complete our dex. Without it, it'd be too easy.

Hmm, then I wonder what the rumor's really about.

You're really lucky though! A shiny trade-to-evolve! Good job!

Thank you smile.gif And actually the funny thing was I had caught a shiny pumpkaboo that day, then about two hours later I caught another one, then at the end of that day I got the traded one. These were the first shinies that I have gotten since my original gold version when I caught a shiny pinsir during a bug catching contest. I'm quite happy and attached to them.

Woah, three shinies of the same line! That's seriously impressive. Were you shiny chaining?

I wonder how many Kalos mons will be in ORAS? Since there were none before since. Kalos didn't exist, but they like putting new pokemon in older remakes?

Woah, three shinies of the same line! That's seriously impressive. Were you shiny chaining?

I wonder how many Kalos mons will be in ORAS? Since there were none before since. Kalos didn't exist, but they like putting new pokemon in older remakes?

Uhhh I think, since before you get the National Dex in FR/LG and HG/SS you can only find the Pokemon that were originally in the games they are remakes of, that in ORAS that will still be the case. Obviously you can still trade in 4th, 5th, and 6th gen stuff, plus 1st and 2nd gen stuff that wasn't in the original games, but they won't register in the dex until you get the National one.

I think both games (maybe just HG/SS) did add some Pokemon to their Regional Dex that were part of the evolution group of one of their Pokemon, like Togekiss and Ambipom, for example.

Nope, I was training for the gym in Anistar city. So the two I caught were all caught by chance. Which makes them more special. smile.gif

And They're putting audino in the new game I'm assuming, and lopunny, they came after Hoenn. i don't know how that works unless you will get access to those after you beat the game like in x and y.

And They're putting audino in the new game I'm assuming, and lopunny, they came after Hoenn. i don't know how that works unless you will get access to those after you beat the game like in x and y.

While there might be new megas, it does NOT mean they'll be in the regional dex. I do assume that after the national dex is obtained, there will be additional wild Pokemon or something and Audino might be one, for example, but I doubt Audino, Lopunny, and others would be in the regional dex.

But what if Lopunny and Audino are catchable there? Would they still be not a part of the dex? The whole old gen new gen remake thing is kinda confusing me with the different pokedexes.

But what if Lopunny and Audino are catchable there? Would they still be not a part of the dex? The whole old gen new gen remake thing is kinda confusing me with the different pokedexes.

I said I doubt they'll be obtainable in-game BEFORE you get the national dex, which has everything. You have a regional dex in every game before the E4/before you complete it and get the national dex. I think the regional dex will basically be the exact same as R/S/E's regional dex, with the inclusion of Pokemon like Dusknoir, Budew and Roserade, etc for Pokemon that gained pre-evolutions and regular evolutions. I DOUBT Buneary/Lopunny and Audino will be around until possibly after you get the National dex. That's how it's been for FR/LG and HG/SS, iirc.

I know, but from what I remember, the regional dexes contain everything that you can catch without transferring and trading, unless I'm wrong (which I probably am).

Say, what do you think the unannounced megas will be, if there are any?

I know, but from what I remember, the regional dexes contain everything that you can catch without transferring and trading, unless I'm wrong (which I probably am).

Say, what do you think the unannounced megas will be, if there are any?

Yes, exactly...? Well, they can have some stuff you have to trade for, like legendaries (Kyogre, Groudon, Lati@s, other version exclusives, and trade evolutions). But each area only has specific Pokemon. Regional Dexes do NOT contain EVERY Pokemon ever. That would be the National Dex.

This is the Bulbapedia page on regional dexes in general.

This is the Hoenn regional Pokedex. It has all the Pokemon that can be found in the game BEFORE you get the National Dex. You CAN have other Pokemon outside this dex, but before you get the National Dex, their Pokedex number will be '???' and you cannot find them in the regional dex.

This is the G/S/C regional Pokedex whereas this is the HG/SS variant, which has all the same Pokemon, but added in evolutions and pre-evolutions certain Pokemon got, like Mismagius and Togekiss.

----

I posted a little ways back so here is my list:

Going based on the original Hoenn dex, I really want to see Mega Mightyena, Linoone, Masquerain, Breloom, Sharpedo, Skarmory, either Flygon or Altaria (leaning more towards Altaria), Milotic (to reflect Gyarados of course!), Tropius, Ninetales, Golduck, Giraferig, Raichu, Lunatone, Solrock, Zangoose, Seviper, and Metagross! Maybe Mega Ninjask and/or Shedinja. Also, if they add certain Pokemon like evos from 4th gen, I'd really like to see Mega Roserade at the least. o:

I don't know if other Megas outside of the new Hoenn Pokedex that aren't more starters or legendaries, as all of the previous Megas from X and Y were all within the Kalos Pokedex, save for Blaziken and Lati@s.

I'd be really excited to see these all in Mega form too: all of the starters, Zoroark, Arcanine, Rapidash, Mew, the legendary beasts (at least Suicune), Arbok, Scolipede, Pidgeot, Staraptor, Lapras, Porygon-Z, Ariados, Dunsparce, Smeargle, Luxray, Vespiquen, Floatzel, Bronzong, Spiritomb, Toxicroak, Phione, Arceus, Victini, Zebstrika, Sigilyph, Emolga, Galvantula, Mienshao, Druddigon, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, and Goodra.

I crossed out Altaria and Metagross since they got megas. :3 I actually never mentioned Lopunny but I think I wanted it, too, and I'm glad it got one.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Ah, thanks. Sorry for being an idiot ^^;

Mega Staraptor, YES. It'll be really scary though. Plus fifty to speed, plus fifty to attack=unstoppable. It resists priority too. A lot of the wanted Megas you have sound really scary, or really cool. Lunatone and Solrock have a lot of potential, especially Solrock in doubles/VGC.

Oh, I'd also like to see a Mega Swellow. XD I think I forgot about that one. And Noctowl! I think Talonflame is fine on its own and I'm only kind of 'meh' about is Unfezant. :U

I'd like to see Mega Noctowl, Pidgeot, and Staraptor out of all the 'first bird' Pokemon. I kind of want to see Noctowl be part Psychic, although that would open it up to a lot of weaknesses, and give it a new ability that changes all normal-type moves to psychic type or something. Major buffs to both defenses plus special attack would be cool, plus maybe a smaller boost to speed. It already has outstanding HP. It just already learns so many psychic type moves that I'd like to see it get STAB off of them. Maybe give it an ability that helps it induce sleep or take more advantage of sleeping moves, or even move Tinted Lens over to its mega form. It could end up a really beefy special attacker with Tinted Lens to help it kill stuff that resists its STABs.

I'd like to see Mega Swellow with either Gale Wings, Aerilate, Guts, or my favorite for it, Defiant. Possibly even Huge Power. It could receive buffs to everything, with its Attack stat not having to really breach 100 for Huge Power to be really effective. Even leaving its attack alone would still make it amazing. I think no buff to attack + Huge Power OR buff to attack + Defiant would be great to see!

Mega talon flame is actually something I don't want. It's fairly decent, and really overrated. Yes, it gets priority Brave Bird. So what? Any physical wall worth anything can wall the heck out it, since it has such low attack >:c If it got a mega, it'd be really good, but I just don't like this thing.

Swellow's really fun as a guts attacker though, since it's stupid fast. I'd prefer if it got maybe ten, fifteen points to speed, get extra to defence and an attack buff. With guts boosted facade, it might even be OU. Hope it gets close combat, really. But I love Staraptor and nothing is allowed to dethrone it xd.png

Mega Noctowl would be cool, especially if GF can give it boosts in a way that alleviates the terrible typing. I still can't see it being too great though- it was never good enough in a particular role to be much good.

Nobody wants Mega Shuckle? It's the epitome of misused potential :c

Edited by KoalaNoob

Shuckle, though, what would you increase? It has its stats arranged in a very specific manner. The only thing to increase is what's pretty much at 0 anyway. :P I guess you could raise its Defenses to 255, the highest a base stat could go, so there's 50 points there. Maybe it could get 50 more base points to HP just in general, so its Mega gives it the smallest boost at only 50 points. Currently Alakazam is the only Mega that gives less than 100 points, since its base form got 10 points to one of its stats.

I don't really know what could be done to Shuckle, but a mega could give it better typing and reliable recovery. Is 255 actually the max base stat, though? Shuckle would be the only pokemon to hit it, then, which is neat.

Eh, I just love Shuckle. I've beaten entire ubers team with acupressure or contrary she'll smash sets before, it's so much fun.

On Alakazam, I think I've heard that the ten points to defence was because the programmers messed up and put it into normal Alakazam instead of mega.

I don't really know what could be done to Shuckle, but a mega could give it better typing and reliable recovery. Is 255 actually the max base stat, though? Shuckle would be the only pokemon to hit it, then, which is neat.

Eh, I just love Shuckle. I've beaten entire ubers team with acupressure or contrary she'll smash sets before, it's so much fun.

On Alakazam, I think I've heard that the ten points to defence was because the programmers messed up and put it into normal Alakazam instead of mega.

Each stat fits within a byte, the maximum value of which is 255. So yes, it's the maximum value any stat can go, unless they increase that to two or more bytes. Blissey currently has 255 in HP: "Its HP base stat of 255 is the highest base stat possible since all base stats are a single byte"

I do like Shuckle <3 It's one of my favorite Pokemon. But I'm not sure about mega. I'd rather a mega than an actual evolution, for sure. c:

I really think it's just because they gave Alakazam a separate increase, like many other Pokemon. :\ It's the only Pokemon to get that boost that also got a mega, iirc. So unless the programmers come out and say they did, or it ends up corrected in future games, I'm going to assume it's not a mistake.

I got on the Hype Train about a day after it was announced and now I'm going full speed ahead to ORAS.

Can't wait.

I'm getting Alpha Sapphire because Sapphire was my first Pokemon game. So many feels. :3

I'm going to pick Treecko because I have a Marshomp in storage and a Mega Blaziken on my X. Also, Grass/Dragon. That's a first in two ways:

1: First Starter to have the Dragon type at any time in evolutions

2: First Grass/Dragon type!

Though Glacia could be a pain. Maybe I'll get something to deal with her like a Camerupt.

Can't wait.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE.........

I wonder what would happen if they put in more bytes, then increased. Blissey's HP to the new max. It's be OP, but the blob still has terrible defences, and Chansey might relieve a buff as well, so I dunno. It probably won't happen though. Not much reason to, when the usual highest stats are around 110-150 ish.

Shuckle doesn't seem like the kind to receive an evolution, IMO. Some Pokemon just feel somewhere between good and not good, or just seem like they shouldn't evolve, ever. Shuckle is one of those mons.

The ten points to defence is actually kind of a waste though :/ It's still too frail to survive any physical hit.

Huh, speaking of the gym leaders and elite four, I wonder how many of them will receive a redesign? The ones that have been seen are pretty cool. Steven over Wallace forever though. He's so much cooler.

I can't see them adding more bytes. I think one byte is fine.

lol, the boost was to special defense, not physical XD

I mostly just want to see what will happen to Lucy. I'm hoping she doesn't change much and keeps the sleek look. I've already seen Sidney and the Teams and they all look awesome, as well as the player characters, and of course Flannery and Brawly.

Warning: wall of text inbound!

Mega Mightyena, Linoone, Masquerain, Breloom, Sharpedo, Skarmory, Flygon, Milotic (to reflect Gyarados of course!), Tropius, Ninetales, Golduck, Giraferig, Raichu, Lunatone, Solrock, Zangoose, Seviper, Ninjask and/or Shedinja. Roserade

all of the starters, Zoroark, Arcanine, Rapidash, Mew, the legendary beasts (at least Suicune), Arbok, Scolipede, Pidgeot, Staraptor, Lapras, Porygon-Z, Ariados, Dunsparce, Smeargle, Luxray, Vespiquen, Floatzel, Bronzong, Spiritomb, Toxicroak, Phione, Arceus, Victini, Zebstrika, Sigilyph, Emolga, Galvantula, Mienshao, Druddigon, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, and Goodra.

Posting this again mostly for my reference XD

What I'd like to see for certain megas I listed above. Bolded the ones I'm using.

•Mightyena

-Type: Dark

-Ability: Strong Jaw

-Stats: increases in attack, defense, and speed

•Skarmory

-Type: Steel/Flying

-Ability: Sturdy/Battle Armor

-Stats: possibly minor increase to defense and attack, major increase to special defense, fairly decent increase to speed. lowered special attack if necessary.

•Flygon

-Type: Ground/Dragon

-Ability: Tinted Lens

-Stats: increases to all offensive stats (includes speed), possibly minor increases in defenses

•Milotic

-Type: Water/Fairy

-Ability: Marvel Scale/Competitive/Multiscale/Serene Grace?

-Stats: increases to special attack and special defense, major increase to defense, minor increase to speed

•Tropius

-Type: Grass/Dragon

-Ability: Solar Power/Chlorophyll

-Stats: increases to attacks and defenses

•Ninetales (I actually have something specific in mind for this. I even drew a picture and everything. :U)

-Type: Fire/Ghost

-Ability: Magic Guard

-Stats: decent boosts to all stats with the biggest going to special attack

•Arcanine (I have something in mind for this one, too)

-Type: Fire/Rock

-Ability: Rock Head/Solid Rock

-Stats: slight drop in speed, decent increases in all stats with the largest in defense

•Zoroark (hurr durr this one as well)

-Type: Dark/Fairy

-Ability: Magic Guard

-Stats: I wrote that up all ready:

HP: 60

Attack: 135 (+30)

Defense: 60 (+0)

Sp.Atk: 160 (+40)

Sp.Def: 60 (+0)

Speed: 135 (+30)

Total: 610

•Raichu

-Type: Electric/Fairy

-Ability: Lightning Rod/Volt Absorb/Prankster/Motor Drive

-Stats: boosts to all offensive stats, largest boost to special attack (I'm thinking specifically 20 to both attack and speed and the rest to special attack)

•Smeargle

-Type: Trace

-Ability:

-Stats: At this point I think it could be the only mega blessed with allowing more than 100 points to the stat total, specifically 200, to bump all stats by 40. Still doesn't make it super useable outside of being somewhat quick, but hey. Both attacks would be base 60, defense 75, special defense 85, speed 115. It's still not great but it's probably barely useable, with the benefit of having access to nearly every move in the game.

•Dunsparce

-Type: Normal/Fairy

-Ability: Serene Grace

-Stats: increases to everything but only a minor increase to speed

•Rapidash

-Type: Fire/Flying

-Ability: Aerilate

-Stats: increases to all stats with the main ones being attack and speed

•Mew

-Type: Psychic

-Ability: Protean

-Stats: 20 to everything (but HP of course)

•Heliolisk

-Type: Electric/Fire

-Ability: Drought/Solar Power

-Stats: increases all around with the most major to special attack

•Goodra

-Type: Dragon/Water

-Ability: Gooey

-Stats: slightly lowered speed, large increase to defense, smaller increases to attack/special attack/special defense

Yeah, I know. That's why I said it's not making him any better. It helps against special attackers, but I swear, smeargle's bite kills it >.<(not really, it's an exaggeration).

Lucy's my third favourite design, second only to Cynthia and Kaitlyn. She looks so cool. Really hope they don't change her as well.

Woah, that's a lot of Theorymonned Mega Evos. A lot of them seem really good! I wish I had time to respond to all of them, but I think I'd run out of patience. I'll just do a few.

Mew is awesome. It's like Arceus. Heck, it IS Arceus with a really nice ability and slightly bad typing. It looks really good, at least on paper. Those base 100 everywheres can be jealous. Mew will rock their world.

Skarmory is the physical counterpart to Mantine, though, even if Nintendo's not really paying much opinion to the water one :c

Altogether, really nice job on those. Hope at least a couple of them becomes reality.