LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

If that thing had ever been a shellder, it no longer is.

Eeeeee audino though!!! They're making way more cute magical girl megas and this pleases me

user posted image

It apparently does still have eyes though. I just think it's hilarious that the mega is really just for the shellder and not slowbro at all. (That was kind of the case anyway with slowpoke to slowbro other than a few minor changes on slowbro)

Audino is pretty cute (though poor male Audino, er... I guess unless they're into that?) but I don't ever see using it for any reason. (Kind of the same with slowbro).

So, Mega Slowbro has its special attack and defense greatly increased while Mega Audino has its defense and special defense increased. If anyone wants to see a screenshot of their Pokemon website page before it was taken down, here is the link.

I really like Mega Slowbro's expression. He's like "oh god, I'm really starting to regret letting that Shelder bite my tail." xd.png

I hope Sloking also gets a mega. Gallade, too. I dislike giving only one evolution of a branching line a mega; it's like saying that only one really matters.

But poor, poor Slobro. It looks like it's trapped xd.png

oh god what

I LOVE THEM

also this:

When the battle begins Mega Slowbro uses its tail to stand up straight and it propels itself like a spring.
I was expecting it to spin like a top BUT GUYS IT BOUNCES THAT'S SOOOO ADORABLE

Mega Audino I love you you'resopretty but also scary:

Whoever comes into contact with its hand falls into a deep slumber.

welp time for my speculated stat boosts:

Slowbro:

Current:

HP: 95

Attack: 75

Defense: 110

Sp.Atk: 100

Sp.Def: 80

Speed: 30

Total: 490

Mega:

HP: 95

Attack: 75

Defense: 190 (+80)

Sp.Atk: 120 (+20)

Sp.Def: 100 (+20)

Speed: 10 (-20)

Total: 590

uhhh I really can't see it not getting a small special defense boost, too. Might also have even lower speed, considering it can only bounce now. :U I'd be okay with that. Stupidly slow makes it probably one of the best users to take advantage of Trick Room, being slower than the slowest. Well, there are still quite a few Pokemon with lower speed, mainly Shuckle and Munchlax, but they're probably unevolved.

----

Audino:

Current:

HP: 103

Attack: 60

Defense: 86

Sp.Atk: 60

Sp.Def: 86

Speed: 50

Total: 445

Mega:

HP: 103

Attack: 60

Defense: 136 (+50)

Sp.Atk: 60

Sp.Def: 136 (+50)

Speed: 50

Total: 545

eh I didn't know what else to do. I really don't expect its offensive stats to go up at all (or at least not much, maybe by 10), and paired with that crazy high HP stat this thing is already a crazy defensive wall.

Hey man, Audinos totally reject gender roles. Males are pink anyway. And what's manlier than a spot of dragonslaying I mean come on

What I mean is that Slowbro's tail thing was never really a Shellder, I don't think??? I mean...look at it. Shellder doesn't even have teeth or a spiral shell like that.

What I mean is that Slowbro's tail thing was never really a Shellder, I don't think??? I mean...look at it. Shellder doesn't even have teeth or a spiral shell like that.

Here's the translated official description for Mega Slowbro.

Description: Energy becomes concentrated on Shellder which is biting its tail. The result, its shell's hardness increases so that it becomes a strong armor which can damage anyone. When a battle begins, it uses it tail to stand upright and moves by bending its tail like a spring and springing up and down/hopping. With its greater Defense and Sp. Attack stats, it can be relied on in long battles.

Even Slowbro's pokedex entries mentions that it is indeed a Shelder that is biting its tail. As for its different appearance to a typical Shelder... Perhaps it's a mutation?

...I love the new designs. LOVE THEM. Audino is kind of awkward and pretty at the same time, with the creepiest description ever, and who wouldn't like Slowbro? He's a Slowpoke inside a weird coney shelter thing. Awesome.

And Eef's stats for Slowbro are once again great. It would be the greatest defensive calm minder ever. It might even dethrone Suicune, but that thing has the ability to hit things decently and has no dark weakness, so eh.

Yeah, Slowbro's main drawback is its horrid typing. While Water is decent, Psychic just adds way too many drawbacks with not a lot of benefit. I guess it can hit Fighting and Poison better, but it could hit those anyway with strong Hydro Pump as most aren't too good special defense-wise anyway. It just adds three more weaknesses, two of which are super popular and tons of Pokemon run Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Hopefully its high defense will make up for some of it, but still. I guess it at least adds two more resistances onto a type that already had a nice four.

Water is actually one if the best defensive types. :c Grass isn't that common, and electric is easy to counter, and aren't too common either. But yeah, psychic has fallen far, far away from its throne during RBY. With it's speculated defences, though, Slowbro should be able to work fairly well. It already does. It would suck if Gf gave it offensive boosts instead, though. I'm worried that'll happen.

Not actually 100% convinced that Audino is a mega, and not just an evolution. Of course I can't find the image right now but my boyfriend showed it to me earlier today: the in-battle screenshot apparently doesn't show the mega sign next to Audino's name, like it should for a mega evolved pokemon. Not sure if that wasn't just a photoshop though, as I can only find the same image with a text box instead of the battle stuff...

Ah well. Who knows xd.png

Not actually 100% convinced that Audino is a mega, and not just an evolution. Of course I can't find the image right now but my boyfriend showed it to me earlier today: the in-battle screenshot apparently doesn't show the mega sign next to Audino's name, like it should for a mega evolved pokemon. Not sure if that wasn't just a photoshop though, as I can only find the same image with a text box instead of the battle stuff...

Ah well. Who knows XD

Hmmm, I dunno. I can't find an image like that, but there are these:

user posted image

This has the same text Bulbapedia has for the Korean spelling (야도란), plus a symbol at the end that I assume means "mega" (it's the top line of text that would be the Pokemon's name)

But then the one for Audino is kind of weird:

user posted image

This is its name in Korean according to Bulbapedia: 다부니 but the last symbol is replaced with something else, and then of course there's the forth symbol on the end that, again, I assume means "mega" because Slowbro has the exact same one. That might not mean anything other than just how it needs to be written in Korean to make it flow with "mega".

Unless someone here who actually knows Korean can clear this up...idk. :U

Edited by edwardelricfreak

In my opinion, the Audino looks more like a mega than an evolution though. It has the exact same body shape with a few extra ribbons and a slightly changed color scheme, like some of the other megas. Evolutions tend to have more differences, and growth.

Ah well. Who knows xd.png

Did you mean this screenshot?

user posted image

I think it's just a graphical error on an early leak since Game Freak have never brought in new pokemon mid-gen (apart from legendaries). Though I would love for it to be a regular evolution.

Oh cool you found it o: I couldn't find one with that exact screen.

Yeah, it's probably just a graphical glitch. As it says in pretty much every image/video of the actual game, it says "gameplay not final" or something along those lines, which means there can and will most likely be differences.

If it IS a true evolution, though, I seriously doubt it would have been announced as a Mega, even if it was leaked info. I trust the many users on the various Pokemon fansites that know Korean to make that judgment call.

Yay, Mega Audino confirmed! I wish they had shown it with more support moves in the trailer, though. Audino really functions best as a cleric, and getting extra moves like delft or stealth rocks would be awesome for it (although it wouldn't make much logical sense, but hey, Blissey gets SE)

So this is pretty much my opinion on M-Audino:

Kyra: Seriously, they could have done Galvantula, Zoroark, Scolipede, Garbodor, Zebstrika, Emolga, Whimsicott, Scrafty, Cofagrigus, Hydreigon, or Volcarona

Kyra: Or any one of the other actually popular Gen V Pokemon

Kyra: But they did Audino

Iunno I rather like Mega Audino. Just because they did it doesn't mean they can't or won't do others. :Y They just haven't been announced yet.

Yeah, and hey, nobody liked Kangaskhan, but it got an amazing mega anyways. I doubt Audino will have similar viability, but it should be a decent supporter or cleric. It gets screens, giving it an edge against Chansey in OU or Blissey in UU.

Nah I like Kanga, too. I DON'T like Pinsir or Heracross, or Medicham, or even Abomasnow, but they all got megas.

A lot of people adore Heracross, though, since he was a king back in RBY. Pinsir is Hera's pair, and Medicham and Abomasnow were always okay, but not quite good, so the buff was much appreciated. It feels like all the megas have a reason.

Yes, they all have reason. They were meant to give more options and for some balancing.

I'm just saying, those are my opinions on the megas. I hate those pokemon and don't really care for their megas, except for Pinsir. Pinsirs mega is awesome.

I really hate Heracross. I've never liked it. I think it's a stupid, ugly Pokemon :P