LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Well, Kangaskhan was pretty good, even before its Uber banned mega. It strikes me as odd was sent to NU when not with its special stone. It can both take and dish out the hits and its only really bad stat was its SP Atk, which is okay since its movepool contains good physical moves like Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Return, and a few others. I will admit that some could use an update, though. Raichu could use a boost. On that note, Raichu didn't get a mega! What's the point of selling Pikachu like golden candy if its evolution doesn't get a Mega? Well, maybe that's one of the new Megas we'll see this time around (along with Mega Milotic hopefully. Siren oarfish FTW!)

I'm personally hoping for mega shedinja. No clue what that would entail, but I want it.

Well, Kangaskhan was pretty good, even before its Uber banned mega. It strikes me as odd was sent to NU when not with its special stone. It can both take and dish out the hits and its only really bad stat was its SP Atk, which is okay since its movepool contains good physical moves like Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Return, and a few others. I will admit that some could use an update, though. Raichu could use a boost. On that note, Raichu didn't get a mega! What's the point of selling Pikachu like golden candy if its evolution doesn't get a Mega? Well, maybe that's one of the new Megas we'll see this time around (along with Mega Milotic hopefully. Siren oarfish FTW!)

Because everything's focused on Pikachu naturally, the evolution is just... kinda there x3

Seriously though, I'd adore a mega Raichu-- it's become one of my favorite pokemon, it needs some more love D:

Watch them break all the mega rules and make a mega pikachu with +200 xd.png

Kangaskhan actually had potential in RU as well, but underUSED. People didn't use it much. Also, it's balanced stats caused it to lack a specific niche that forced people to use it. Also, Normal isn't a very good STAB, since ghosts (haunter) are immune and steel, the god of defensive typing resists it.

Mega Shedinja? I would retain wonder guard, but that would make it get insane speed and attack buffs. It'd be a lot of fun to use, probably.

Nobody wants Mega Slaking with Pure Power, though?

Watch them break all the mega rules and make a mega pikachu with +200 XD

Nobody wants Mega Slaking with Pure Power, though?

I actually had a dream last night that it was announced that there was a special Mega stone not specified for any Pokemon that could be used on a number of specific not-fully-evolved Pokemon. The one they used was Pikachu.

Absolutely not. It already has a stat total of 670, so it would jump up to 770 with a Mega. It would be second only to Mega Mewtwo in that regard. However, Pure Power would be ridiculously OP, even if its attack wasn't touched or was nerfed. And if it was nerfed, that would only allow those points to go to the other stats on top of the default 100. Slack Off is meant to balance Slaking's ridiculous stats. I don't know how I would feel if it lost Slack Off. A mega for it is ridiculous enough to think about.

Watch them break all the mega rules and make a mega pikachu with +200 xd.png

That's... honestly something I'm fearing x3 I mean, I enjoy Pikachu well enough, but come on, give Raichu some love D: It's so cute! (At least let it be able to use the Light Ball? ;n;)

Mega Pikachu. That's a hilarious and terrifying thought.

That's the point of Pure Power Mega Slaking! It's stupidly OP! (I was joking on Mega Slaking, by the way. That should never be allowed to happen.) Also, I think you mean Truant. Slack Off is a healing move. ;)

I do, yes. Just goes to show how much I use Slaking, which is never.

I think I would actually be okay if they introduced a new ability that was given to a Mega Slaking that was Pure/Huge Power, but also Truant.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I think Mega non-Truant Slaking would be awesome, but maybe with something more like Iron Fist or Reckless. Something that is still an ability that makes sense for a gorilla/sloth to have, but not as OP as something along the lines of Huge Power. Even Intimidate would work. I think he could get rid of Truant as long as he doesn't have an Ability the kills everything in sight.

A Truant+Pure Power would be really neat. Giving your opponent free turns to set up things is always bad, but it wouldn't be as terrible if you were a taunt user as well. Also, Durant can have Truant.

Intimidate would make Slaking a really amazing sweeping tank. It has large defenses already, is fast for what it is and looks like, and hits hard. Really, Slaking just has amazing stats.

With bannete they made it because dusknoir got an evo. Preevolution wish, i think a fisrt stage for absol would be cool. Mega tentacruel? I would be annoyed to skies. Mega walrein for the win

I like Walrein, I really do. I think he's one of those Pokemon who's constantly overlooked but is actually really neat. Like every Gen V Pokemon except Zoroark, sadly. Which reminds me, I really want some Gen V Megas. I can understand a little why no Gen VI Pokemon got Megas, but every Gen V Pokemon? We got Mega Scizor, but not Mega Scolipede. Come on GF, Scolipede is my favorite bug!

Wait, I don't get what you're saying. Scizor is gen 2? And Scolipede is gen 5? It's actually gen 4 that got cheated on Megas, I think.

Walrein was pretty famous at one point for stalling like 20 turns without any damage.

I was just referring to how one bug got a Mega over the other because it was more popular. Granted, Scizor is pretty versatile and is just good in general, but that is exactly why Scolipede should have gotten it, because let's face it: as cool as it looks, Scolipede isn't exactly the best Pokemon to use if you're looking for a Bug-type to put on your team. It has decent Speed, but that's about it.

And I'm serious, Gen V did not get one Mega. Look it up. Gen IV got a few, Lucario and Abomasnow among them. Plus the newly revealed Lopunny, of course.

A Walrein did that? Wow.

EDIT: I sorta take that back. It did get better in Gen VI. I was looking at the Gen V Scolipede. IT STILL DESERVES A MEGA THOUGH.

Edited by Psycho Cat

I think vaporeon would still be a better wall. It would wreck altaria with ice beam as well.

Yeah. Scizor and Mega Scizor are on the same ranking on the Smogon Tiers, I think (OU A). And actually, Scolipede's movepool is what makes it good. It can swords dance, speed boost, iron defense and baton pass, or it can set up spikes and toxic spikes. What's great about it is that it can be used in its own right as an attacker, unlike Ninjask.

Maybe it's GF responding to the negative feedback on Gen V designs? I dunno. Some of the Pokemon really deserved Megas.

Yeah. In hail. It could usually kill at least one enemy, but it needs Abomasnow for the permanent hail (I miss perma-weather...) Basically, Toxic your opponent, then protect, sub, protect, sub, etc. With ice body healing with lefties, it ends up with 0 damage taken.

Vaporeon's always been a great wall, and a great wish-passer.

Edited by KoalaNoob

But Gen V designs were so cool! Just because a few were bad doesn't mean they ALL were. Just look at Dunsparce. Gee, he's a fan favorite. The only reason people like it is for the derp factor, but Tyranitar still got a Mega. Also Galvantula. Electric/Bug. 'nuff said.

I really want Mega Zoroark. Dunno what kind of ability it would have, but it seems silly for it to keep Illusion, considering. o3o

I'm so sad that Mega Houndoom still didn't really move it up any. It's still in UU. It was BL, I think?, in 4th gen but it fell into UU.

Gen V is second in my favourite designs. I actually don't mind Garbodor and Vaniluxe. They're not that bad, it fits in with the area they based Unova off of.

Mega Aoroark would be epic, but it don't know if they'll give it one after it kind of flopped, unlike Lucario. I'm not sure what ability would fit and be really good for it, though.

Mega Houndoom is actually decently viable in OU now, if just by a thread of its pelt. It hits hard and is fast, but is let down by its terribad typing and lack of high powered moves.

Mega Aoroark would be epic, but it don't know if they'll give it one after it kind of flopped, unlike Lucario. I'm not sure what ability would fit and be really good for it, though.

Mega Houndoom is actually decently viable in OU now, if just by a thread of its pelt. It hits hard and is fast, but is let down by its terribad typing and lack of high powered moves.

What do you mean flopped? I don't believe it was really meant to be special like Lucario. It's still a unique Pokemon. Also I still wouldn't say it flopped competitively too much, either, because I don't think they were expecting it to do super well or suck terribly or anything; they just wanted to show off a unique concept. :U

Is it really? It might be viable in OU, as any Pokemon in a lower tier might be if played just right, but a lot of sources are saying it's in UU. Just because it can be used in OU doesn't mean it's OU. I do agree on typing, though. They're wonderful offensive types, but defensively... :U

Not that UU is bad. At least it's not NU...

I think Mega Zoroark would have some other magic-bendy-whatever related ability. Magic Guard or Magic Bounce come to mind. I'd have to think more on it. :U I'll edit this post later if there aren't any replies.

Actually, Mega Zoroark might still be able to play around with something like Illusion, but even better might be something like Imposter! O: But like, a breakable version maybe? So a bit more similar to Illusion in that regard.

Aoroark was intended to be the Gen V Lucario. That's why it had its own movie, but people didn't love it as much as they did. Lucario. It was actually intended to replace Lucario in SSBU, but didn't have enough fans.

It's UU officially, but it works wonders in OU with proper support. It's quite powerful, but can't function as well alone so people use it less.

UU is where the less popular OUs go, IMO. A lot of pokes there are perfectly viable.

Maybe something like Illusion but it actually changes your type as well? Switch in to Ferrothorn, set up Nasty Plot, nuke stuff. Defensive mons are definitely common enough to let that happen.

Aoroark was intended to be the Gen V Lucario. That's why it had its own movie, but people didn't love it as much as they did. Lucario. It was actually intended to replace Lucario in SSBU, but didn't have enough fans.

It's UU officially, but it works wonders in OU with proper support. It's quite powerful, but can't function as well alone so people use it less.

UU is where the less popular OUs go, IMO. A lot of pokes there are perfectly viable.

Maybe something like Illusion but it actually changes your type as well? Switch in to Ferrothorn, set up Nasty Plot, nuke stuff. Defensive mons are definitely common enough to let that happen.

No it really wasn't. Yes, it's similar, but I really don't think GF intended for it to be anything beyond showing off its Illusion powers. Also, not enough fans? Pretty sure there are plenty of Zoroark fans. I'm one of them (it, along with Houndoom, are my two most favorite Pokemon). However, I don't believe it should replace Lucario (and by that token I really don't think Lucario should have replaced Mewtwo, as I think the two are VERY VERY different Pokemon!).

We could argue for a while on that but I really don't believe it was intended to be "the next Lucario". That was mostly fan-based arguments with only pure coincidence as "evidence". Besides, Lucario was done in a way to where it had just the right amount in just the right areas for stats, as well as access to an incredible array of moves, to be completely unpredictable. Zoroark has none of that, so it's really REALLY not "the gen 5 Lucario" by any means. It's just coincidentally similar in that it had a movie (to show off its Illusion powers) and similar anthropomorphic canid design. :U

Yes, exactly, but again just because you can use a UU in OU doesn't make it an OU. Pokemon will usually always have options for higher tiers, but never lower because they're banned from those tiers. I feel horrible for BL, though. Too good for UU but not good enough for OU. It really sucks for them. :c

After thinking more on a potential Mega Zoroark, I think that Illusion is fine if left alone. It could still be potentially useful, considering Zoroark has access to U-Turn and how important switching is in competitive play. However, some other options for Abilities that I thought of were these: Contrary, Dark Aura, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, Mold Breaker, Prankster, Pressure, Trace, and oddly Wonder Guard though that's my least favorite out of them. I have a certain idea in mind for how Mega Zoro could be, is all. :P

I think it would be neat if Mega Zoroark gained the Fairy typing. Dark and Fairy already pair up so nicely together offensively, and defensively Fairy makes up for a lot that cripples Dark types, as well as adding another useful immunity to Dragon on top of the Psychic immunity. The only Pokemon that resist those STABs are Mawile and Klefki, which wouldn't much like Zoroark's coverage Flamethrower anyway.

I would make its stats something like:

Current:

HP: 60

Attack: 105

Defense: 60

Sp.Atk: 120

Sp.Def: 60

Speed: 105

Total: 510

Mega:

HP: 60

Attack: 135 (+30)

Defense: 60 (+0)

Sp.Atk: 160 (+40)

Sp.Def: 60 (+0)

Speed: 135 (+30)

Total: 610

Absolutely no buffs to its defenses. It's not really meant to take any hits except for possible resisted ones. I'd really like the addition of Magic Guard or at least Magic Bounce for something like this (Wonder Guard if I could get away with it). However, it's definitely meant to dish out the pain. Hopefully Zoroark receives a free turn of Nasty Plot from its initial Illusion chasing away the opponent or otherwise making them guard themselves. :Y It's still meant to be a special sweeper here, but the physical attack is definitely there and useable. It definitely makes for solid Sucker Punches and U-Turns.

*sigh* If only Mega Zoroark were to exist and have all those things :C

Offical Pokemon website for Korea just leaked 2 new Megas! And they're pretty unexpected ones too if you ask me. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Mega Audino is Normal/Fairy-type and has the ability Healer. Mega Slowbro has the ability Shell Armor.

Edited by ranger X92