LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

So, first thoughts on M-Sableye's reveals:

Regular Sableye is better utility

GF tried to turn it into a tank

Prankster will still work on the turn you mega, at least if M-Banette is any evidence

It will make an amazing anti-lead

Landorus is so doomed against this thing

Prankster Taunt was great, now you've got Magic Bounce, so you can use Will-O-Wisp or Substitute instead (with Prankster!) Stopping entry hazards, and shielding yourself from attacks or weakening your opponent's U-Turn

You won't live long, because no Lefties and Recover isn't really worth it. But you can put a serious dent in the opponent's team before you go down

A (hopeful) thing on Mega evolutions with this release:

They need to give Megas to

All the starters that don't have one

The trio Legendary birds and cats ('beast')

Salamance and other dragon types

Archeops and other fossil pokemon

I would love to see useful bug types getting Megas like

Yanmega ... (Mega Yanmega... the irony) and Scolipede (make it half dragon)

(rant) Dont give any more MegaStones to guys like Mewtwo because its already OP and needs none anyways...Im fine with Mega Mew biggrin.gif

They better have character Customization because that was a great feature

Eh, I still want mega Arceus. Which would basically only be able to run Swords Dance+Espeed, since strapped as normal type. Essentially it'd be getting a defense buff, since Silk Scarf loss would counteract and attack boost

Oh my gosh M-Scolipede would be a dream come true. I can't really see it happening though; these are Hoenn remakes after all.

Other mega thoughts: I don't really want to see megas for all the starters? I mean it'll probably happen and I have nothing against it, it's just that I feel like the starters are all pretty generic cute monsters that turn into cool monsters and there are so many other Pokemon out there who can use the boost/become cool. In fact I kind of feel like a lot of the existing megas are just pandering to the audience. Everyone loves Charizard for some reason so GUESS WHAT TWO MEGAS FOR YOU. Mewtwo is classically awesome SO HEY TWO MORE MEGAS. You like the whole incredibly overused noble-but-misunderstood-pretty-boy thing Absol has going on? MEGA FOR YOU, AND ALSO ANGEL WINGS TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE OBVIOUS. I mean I am super in love with Banette and Mawile, but seriously :I

I saw this really cool fan Mega Mew design with a double helix tail with the colours of all the types?? I want this to happen now wow

Well, they're making megas based on what gets the best fan reception (like Lucario and Charizard and Mewtwo)

Also Charizard's second mega is because people disliked the first, largely due to lack of Dragon typing (since all lizards are dragons in Pokemon)

Also M-Absol is awesome >:c

Well "pandering" refers to making stuff exclusively to please (certain portions of) your fanbase instead of earning interest through original ideas and things you yourself would find interesting as a consumer, so yeah. I mean, it's to be expected - Pokemon is a huge cash cow franchise - but they've also been really good with inspiring plots and original ideas and gorgeous graphics. Flying lizards and angel beasts are cool, but I'm way more interested in the more subtle things!! Like Inkay and Malamar with their secondary theme of orientation/being upside-down, which ties into the fact that real-life squid have their heads in the middle and therefore have no right way up, and their signature move and ability and the beaks were such a nice touch. Little things like that and their incredibly inspiring messages are what I've come to known Pokemon for, and I feel like they should be going in that direction for the megas too instead of YOU WANT COOL LIZARDS HERE ARE COOL LIZARDS. And hey if you like cool lizards that's cool, you're entitled to your own opinion, but sometimes I just get sad when I see things I like drifting away from the aspects that make them the things I like.

Thing is, they do have to pay attention to their target audience, which is till a major portion of the fanbase. And their target audience is ten... And ten year olds like flaming dragons. It's not just to be expected, it's what they're supposed to be doing. It's still a children's game, even if large portions of the fanbase aren't children

Mmm if any of the Gen III Bug-Types get Megas I will be happy

ESPECIALLY if we get Mega-Shedinja no matter what's done with it I can only imagine it being super neat |D

Beautifly and Dustox both getting Megas or Ninjask or Masquerain getting one would be cool too I don't care just Mega bugs c':

(Now that I think of it

Mega-Masquerain that returns to being Bug/Water yes please |D)

Edited by Pika_Oi

Well yeah that's basically exactly what I said. I'm just disappointed anyway. (Although, if the majority of your fanbase isn't children, doesn't that mean you're "supposed" to start catering to not-children? I mean it seems counterproductive to resist change when your audience has.)

Still though, I bet if you gave some other company a ton of money and told them to go make a monster game and attract audiences by making the monsters/characters/scenery/everything as cool as physically possible, they still wouldn't make as much money as Pokemon has. First of all they'd lose like twenty potential peripheral audiences, and once the 10-year-old kids grow up they'll realize this entire concept was incredibly shallow and meaningless and not buy the remakes. As human beings we need something that means more, whether it manifests as meaningful storylines or designs that are more than just a fleeting cool idea or anything else! And I love Pokemon because it has all of that stuff; the FLAMING LIZARDS WHOA part is just a bonus.

Edit:

I don't care just Mega bugs c':

Yes pls. Ten million mega bugs. Every possible mega bug. Bugs are amazing and need to be appreciated. Bugs

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

i feal their will be at least one legendary meaga, or perhaps a new eeveelution? I want new pokemon but seems unlikely. I would really like a mega galade, because mega gardevoir.

I can't see them making any new pokemon without a new region. But I can see them throwing in another mega for a legendary..

OR PRIMAL RAYQUAZA :'D

(While they're at it, make Primal Dialga available for the main games)

Oh we do need more mega bugs. I have a Scizor on my team that I've used as mega before, he does some good hitting with technician and bullet punch.

I wouldn't mind having megas of all the starters (not that I would use any of them, but just for the sake of completion) so long as they don't pull off the Charizard again. Two megas = suck

P.S. I actually really love the official artwork for Mega Sableye.

Look at it peaking through its rupee gemstone

user posted image

Well they admitted they chose Megas primarily based on popularity. So it isn't as if people aren't aware.

M-Sableye is so awesome

I had someone mention that it had a low BST, the lowest alongside M-Mawile. And how that was horrid for it

And I just about died of laughter. Because I've seen places seriously discussing banning M-Mawile to Ubers. Huge Power is worth a lot, but seriously... M-Sableye is defs gonna be OU, and I can even see it getting used in Ubers, though not being banned there

EDIT: And let me add to that: M-Sableye is gonna be the bulkiest Magic Bouncer about. And it'll get a Prankster boost the first turn. Sub on a hazard layer? Will-O-Wisp a U-Turn user? Both are very useful. Further, both Espeon and M-Absol are weak to U-turn, making it hard for them to deal with common leads like Lando-T (Scarf/Rocks versions both carry U-turn), Infernape, and Scarf Greninja. And Xatu can't deal with a lot of U-Turner's coverage moves (Stone Edge, T-Punch, Ice Beam, )

I'm leaning: Sub, Will-O-Wisp, Dark Pulse, Recover/Calm Mind/coverage

Perfect anti-lead. Counters just about everything out there right now that's not an anti-lead itself. And even a few of those. Your biggest threat is probs Galvantula, one of the few special leads that's also capable of sweeping, plus Volt Switch if things get too hot. Since Sableye will need Calm Mind to wall special, it'll be a major threat. Esp. with Bug buzz hitting past Subs

That's as an anti-lead of course

Edited by MasterWeavile898

This Suicune is ready for a new form.... I have an idea but like Nintendo would use it....Or that anyone would like it....My boyfriend's gonna freak when he finds his favorite fiend is getting a mega!

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

A pokemon with prankster, who has only one weakness (plus three immunities and a resistance), who can turn into a pokemon with Magic Bounce, and people are describing M-Sableye as 'horrid'?

...BWAHAHAHA! Seriously? Okay, so Sableye isn't a sweeper (unless, for some reason, they decide to heighten his Speed and Attack a lot while ignoring his defenses, which would make me very disappointed) and his base stats are a bit low, but Prankster and Magic Bounce are both awesome. There's a Sableye set on Smogon for Ubers already (its used as a check for Extreme Killer Arceus). Add that to the unpredictability of being able to mega evolve to become a Magic Bounce pokemon at any time, and Sableye becomes even more awesome.

Personally, the mega evolution I'd like to see is Luxray, because I'm horribly biased and Luxray was basically my starter for my first pokemon game (because I traded my actual starter to a friend and Shinx was cute). I'd also love mega evolutions for Staraptor, Ninetales, Arcanine, non-overpowered legendaries like Articuno... you know what, just give all of the pokemon mega evolutions (mostly joking, but...).

M-Sableye is not horrid in the slightest

In a certain manner it's worse than regular, since it loses Prankster and for a utility Pokemon, Prankster is like the best ability ever

But I've already devised several good sets for it. Esp. that anti-lead (and Magic Bounce anti-leads are my life) You could also run a special tank (to capitalize on the defense boost and Calm Mind) On top of that, who says you have to mega immediately? You can keep your previous form and boost up, then mega and smash censorkip.gif

Man, with this commin' up.. Idk what to chose.. The Omega Ruby or the new Super Smash Bros for 3DS. >.>

But all in all, I am excited for the game. smile.gif

Do you guys think they're gonna release a special edition 3ds like they did with x and y?

x_x;

The amount of events for X and Y (in america) is just sad... we got like what... a torchic and a celebi... (not including the walmart events special) Two?!? only two events.... COME ON I WANT THE VOLCANION ALREADY!

The amount of events for X and Y (in america) is just sad... we got like what... a torchic and a celebi... (not including the walmart events special) Two?!? only two events.... COME ON I WANT THE VOLCANION ALREADY!

same with Australia.....

I think they've been focusing more on the competition battles than the distributions.

http://serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml

^

The events section is pathetic for this far after the release of the game. Even for Japan it's sad (two of them are upcoming events)

http://serebii.net/xy/battlecompetitions.shtml

^Whereas look how many battle competitions have run and will be upcoming since the release date.

Oh my god, now that they can give us DLCs and downloadable patches via internet... What if they start making longer and more interactive events? Sort of like the bit with Darkrai in gen 4 but not spoiled by being built into the game.

Someone stole mine. Right out of the DS system. I think the only reason they left the DS was because it's pink. -___-''

Oh, wow, really? That sucks. I think I lost mine when I moved 8 years back, because I haven't seen it since. Maybe the movers took it..lol.

i lost my pearl and diamond when I moved a couple of years ago, I kept all most all my pokemon on pearl, and I am pretty sure I brought sapphire with me but now I can't find it -.-