LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

YOOOOOOOOO MEGAGROSS

I have a shiny Metagross sitting in my X too - Adamant and EVed though its IVs aren't that great. My friend's going to be even more jealous, thank you kind GTS trader. (Although Mega Lapel Pin? Man Steven's more of a dork than I'd thought.) Also megas are OP as heck. Mawile with Huge Power exceeds the maximum stat cap in atk, Garchomp is insane, and...let's not even talk about Gengar. Levitate Metagross wouldn't even be a stretch.

Ooh I totally want to do a fairy gym!! With mega Mawile/Azumarill core maybe. Gonna slay dragons looking like the pink frilly badasses we are.

AHAH I FORGOT ABOUT MEGA KANGA. HAHAHAHA. POWER-UP PUNCH. FAKE OUT. HAH

But yeah point still stands though: Megas = OP. Levitate on Metagross = not even.

Thing is, though, usually the base forms with Choice items are often more powerful than the Megas anyway. At least if they ARE Mega, they're more predictable.

They're definitely still formidable, but even Mega Garchomp is slightly less useful when it mega evolves because Garchomp with Choice Band packs more physical punch and is faster.

(Although Mega Lapel Pin? Man Steven's more of a dork than I'd thought.)

Mega-Brooch actually :'D (or at least some of the translations are calling it that)

IT'S OK STEVEN I STILL LOVE YOU :'D

Man he's going to be a pain to beat though with a mega-metagross.

I'm just really excited that they're adding so much new content for a remake game. It's really awesome to get all these new forms.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Thing is, though, usually the base forms with Choice items are often more powerful than the Megas anyway. At least if they ARE Mega, they're more predictable.

They're definitely still formidable, but even Mega Garchomp is slightly less useful when it mega evolves because Garchomp with Choice Band packs more physical punch and is faster.

I think a lot of it is their abilities actually. Mega Mawile's main selling point aside from its really nice typing is Huge Power, Gengar is an already impressive attacker who now can't be switched out on (well on the first turn, sure, but then it'll get a substitute up and can get straight to attacking you and you're screwed next turn), Kangaskhan with the baby does everything twice, and now even Sableye has Magic Bounce which is pretty solid. So that's a moderate power increase, way better abilities, and not restricted by choice items so you don't have to switch out every time the opponent does.

Shrug, I'm not that much of a competitive battler but megas have been way more fun for me than choice items. Mawile and Gardevoir are like magical girls, it's the coolest. But I can totally see Metagross getting Levitate yeah (I really like Clear Body though cries).

I think a lot of it is their abilities actually. Mega Mawile's main selling point aside from its really nice typing is Huge Power, Gengar is an already impressive attacker who now can't be switched out on (well on the first turn, sure, but then it'll get a substitute up and can get straight to attacking you and you're screwed next turn), Kangaskhan with the baby does everything twice, and now even Sableye has Magic Bounce which is pretty solid. So that's a moderate power increase, way better abilities, and not restricted by choice items so you don't have to switch out every time the opponent does.

Shrug, I'm not that much of a competitive battler but megas have been way more fun for me than choice items. Mawile and Gardevoir are like magical girls, it's the coolest. But I can totally see Metagross getting Levitate yeah (I really like Clear Body though cries).

Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that many are OP. I think most Megas are all-around better than their base forms, and even the ones that aren't 100% better are still extremely good. At least Mega Garchomp isn't locked into one move like Choice Band Garchomp is! c:

But yeah, I think some like Mega Mawile, Gengar, and Kangaskhan are incredibly good. I'd say even Houndoom is. I think Mega Absol just has a completely different play style than normal Absol, so it's not exactly "better" in that sense. Regular Absol does lots of critical damage techniques, but Mega Absol is meant to sweep in all sense of the word and not let silly status moves affect it.

I think Clear Body and Levitate would both be good on it, though I do think that usually, Megas change the ability completely (are there any that don't? I'd have to look again). Some other possible abilities I could see on Mega Metagross are: Download, Light Metal (some Megas give the Pokemon their hidden ability, after all), Sturdy, Iron Fist (hopefully there will be some move tutors to teach Ice + Thunder Punch if that's the case), Tough Claws, or Mold Breaker. Out of all those, I think Levitate, Sturdy, and Iron Fist/Tough Claws are the most likely. o3o Tough Claws would be like the more ridiculous version of Iron Fist, extending to all of the contact moves instead of just punches. It would be more of an increase, even, because Iron Fist only gives a 20% boost and only to punching moves (which includes Meteor Mash), while Tough Claws gives 33% to all moves that make contact. It would be ridiculous. Mega Metagross DOES show off his claws in that art. He looks a lot more physical. I wouldn't be surprised if he got it.

Tough Claws would be like the more ridiculous version of Iron Fist, extending to all of the contact moves instead of just punches. It would be more of an increase, even, because Iron Fist only gives a 20% boost and only to punching moves (which includes Meteor Mash), while Tough Claws gives 33% to all moves that make contact. It would be ridiculous. Mega Metagross DOES show off his claws in that art. He looks a lot more physical. I wouldn't be surprised if he got it.

nononononononononononononononononono

That would be so OP it would be horrendous. Especially if they made it faster (or if you're someone like me who likes using a Trick Room team and Mega Metagross was still slow-- especially if you give it 0IVs in speed :U).

But seriously though. I'd really hope for something OTHER than another Mega that could counteract something like that. If it had Tough Claws, to take it out (ESPECIALLY if it attacks before your Pokemon) would be nearly impossible without the use of a Mega... which doesn't sound fun at all. Sounds like a lot of ragequit.

I dunno. I mean, it would be a beast, which is great-- but it would also be terrible, because. Well-- what if you had to face one (like the player will when you fight Steven, lol). Especially with maxed out IVs. No thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

This Steven talk got me thinking, I wonder if we'll still be able to challenge the E4 in the order of our choosing? Since Hoenn didn't before, they might not change it for the remakes. I hope they do, though; I love choosing the order. Not a huge deal, though.

That would be so OP it would be horrendous. Especially if they made it faster (or if you're someone like me who likes using a Trick Room team and Mega Metagross was still slow-- especially if you give it 0IVs in speed :U).

But seriously though. I'd really hope for something OTHER than another Mega that could counteract something like that. If it had Tough Claws, to take it out (ESPECIALLY if it attacks before your Pokemon) would be nearly impossible without the use of a Mega... which doesn't sound fun at all. Sounds like a lot of ragequit.

I dunno. I mean, it would be a beast, which is great-- but it would also be terrible, because. Well-- what if you had to face one (like the player will when you fight Steven, lol). Especially with maxed out IVs. No thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

But that's what's awesome about Megas. :P And hey, you can still kill it with fire or get off a nice Earthquake (Earth Power would probably be better).

idk, I feel like they'll give it even more Attack, some special attack, and reduce speed, maybe even increase the defenses (at least special) a little. But then again, reducing speed means feeding something else. That would be a nightmare! But the Mega does look slow, even slower than regular Metagross, so...idk. They'll probably drop it by 20 or so points. And who knows! If they do give it Tough Claws, I imagine they'll actually just leave the Attack alone (it will only be a bit stronger than Mega Charizard X), feed Defense, feed Special attack to probably bring it up to about even with regular Attack, and also feed it lots of Special Defense. If it gets Levitate, though, which it might, then I could seem them seriously beefing the Attack.

Mega Metagross is absolutely terrifying. Incredibly useful ability, menacing design, and a sure spot on Steven's team.

Also hoping for Mega Flygon and Mega Altaria in the future!

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Incredibly useful ability

You know what its ability is? I didn't think it was announced yet? Right now we're just speculating.

You know what its ability is? I didn't think it was announced yet? Right now we're just speculating.

I was reading many topics that stated the picture leak included Japanese characters that translate to Tough Claws. I'd be surprised if it was anything but that at this point, it seems almost everyone has accepted it.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

I was reading many topics that stated the picture leak included Japanese characters that translate to Tough Claws. I'd be surprised if it was anything but that at this point, it seems almost everyone has accepted it.

OMG then I totally called it. XD (well, others probably did, too, I'm just saying I was guess at what it could have).

The only thing I found, though, was this where they posted this pic:

user posted image

...but it's so blurry, I'm not sure if it really is that or not.

It's possible that it could be something else (4chan's /vp/ is the original source, and it is blurry), but I'd say Tough Claws is a pretty likely shot.

Also, I was reading a topic on Reddit that pointed out how Mega Metagross is a Metagross fused with a Metang:

user posted image

Looks pretty convincing to me.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

idk, I just think that its pose screams Tough Claws, which is why I thought of it in the first place.

I read some people were thinking it's actually going to get a speed boost, since it hovers now. It does make sense, but if that's really the case, it's going to destroy everything. It has excellent defenses already. They probably won't boost the physical attack too much, but I can see them giving it a lot more special. I see it maybe getting up to 90-100 base speed, ~130 Special Attack, and then I don't know for the other stats. Probably boosted Special Defense. Basically it's going to be all-around difficult to defeat, since it will be fast enough to outrun most things and simply Bullet Punch the things it can't. Its defenses will be beefy enough with its HP that it will tank a lot of hits. It only has 4 weaknesses, has one immunity, 9 resistances, and has Clear Body to protect from stat drops on the initial turn.

Actually, does the Mega form change type? I assume it doesn't. Or, at least, it definitely keeps Steel. It might drop the other, but that only means a drop in one total weakness (dropping Ghost and Dark and putting in Fighting) and gives it one more resistance (Bug).

And you're right! It's totally a Metang fused with Metagross.

Well, now I just want to see what would happen if they had a Mega Klingklang XD

OMG then I totally called it. XD (well, others probably did, too, I'm just saying I was guess at what it could have).

The only thing I found, though, was this where they posted this pic:

user posted image

...but it's so blurry, I'm not sure if it really is that or not.

SCREAMS UNTIL THE END OF TIME

WHICH WILL BE SOON BECAUSE THAT METAGROSS IS GOING TO DESTROY EVERYTHING

*holds face* One does not simply take out this Mega in battle

If that really is Tough Claws. Do you know how many more people are going to go for that perfect Beldum to raise into that monster? Ohhhhhhhhnooooo.

I wouldn't think the type of Mega Metagross would change though. It would be pretty pointless, and seeing as though Metagross is the super-smart-metal-thing, it would go against the Pokemon's design/idea. XD But what do I know.

I'll still patiently await a Mega Hypno, though. But I doubt they'd ever add that, especially since Hoenn is getting the remake and not Kanto. v.v But I will still hope ;A;

user posted imageuser posted image

More Corocoro leaks. I'm really liking the new designs! I like how they based off the Pokedex design on the GameBoy Advance and I think Brawly's new design fits the Fighting type gym theme much better! biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Even more Corocoro leaks. I hope whatever this new feature is, it won't be limited to Pikachu only.

From serebii:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the games. First, it shows the new Pokédex, which appears based on the GameBoy Advance, as well as a piece labelled Madame Pikachu. Another shows Brawly. We'll bring more as they come

Edit @ 15:04: We now have more images from John Lenoso which show various forms of Pikachu which appear to be related to the contests. Madam Pikachu & Hard Rock Pikachu on the first image, and Idol Pikachu, Doctor Pikachu and Masked Pikachu on the second. It states that more will be revealed on this in the issue next month. It also confirms that Pokémon Amie returns.

omgomg the pikas are all female I'm more excited by this than most of the actual designs hah what

I have a feeling it will be limited to Pikachus though because like. Guess which Pokemon was the only one to receive a new cry last game. But I will be so happy if it isn't.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

And just when I thought Pikachus couldn't get any worse if you couldn't tell, I seriously hate pikachus

So stoked about the secret bases though.

Dark types for the win!

Ohhhh the little dressed up Pikachus are absolutely precious! I loveeeee them! :'D

Now, my question: can we dress other Pokemon like this?

Because if we can.

I'm putting my Groudon in a dress and nothing is going to stop me. :U

Though the Pikachus seem like they might be events? Or something? Or maybe you get one after each time you defeat the highest level of contest as like a "final prize?" Because it has some design differences too-- it has a brown heart on the end of its tail rather than just having a yellow notched tail.

Also, the gym leaders and the two E4 members look fantastic! I love the updates they got! All the pictures are on Serebii.

ETA: Also, the Pokedex that looks like a GBA = super cute and I love it.

Edited by birdzgoboom