LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Someone said Altaria has a pirate hat. I cannot unsee it...

Edited by lindsy95

Now I can't unsee it...

As well as being the fluffiest thing ever, Altaria gets to be the Ultra Dragon Fairy Fluffy Pirate of Doom.

And I just realized, one of the really fluffy fairies was a cotton candy. So, Altaria, how would you like to meet my stomach?

Game Freak should make Mega Slaking with Pure Power. Oh geez, I can imagine the wi-fi play if that happened.

I heard a rumours that Diamond and Pearl might be getting remake? If it is true it won't be out an till next year around the some time that Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire was announced.

I'm not quite sure how Salamence is supposed to fly exactly, but it looks like it's going to get a speed buff, which should help it rise back to OU, maybe

Mega salamence is probably going to get kicked to ubers almost immediately.

...There isn't really a "heard" about it... As GF makes the new games, they're remaking old ones, so unless DPPT gets the skip for some stupid reason, it's getting a remake. Heck, assuming GF is still alive in the far future, there might be a day when XY is getting remade, unless they end the series.

How do you know that? GF doesn't always give the best stat buffs, and they might screw up. You don't know what buffs it'll get, so you can't say that. Also, since it retains its sub-par speed for the first turn, it can't revenge kill and doesn't have many safe switch in thanks to not having the best defensive typing and defenses. Also, scarfed greninja's going to outspeed, and can easily OHKO with ice beam. The fact that it's SR weak isn't making it any more survivable.

I think it's meant to be a bonnet, but I can see pirate hat too. c:

As far as stat buffs go, everything is speculation. No, the Megas might not get what we think they would get, but judging by the design it's usually easy to see what kind of buffs they will get.

How do you know that? GF doesn't always give the best stat buffs, and they might screw up. You don't know what buffs it'll get, so you can't say that. Also, since it retains its sub-par speed for the first turn, it can't revenge kill and doesn't have many safe switch in thanks to not having the best defensive typing and defenses. Also, scarfed greninja's going to outspeed, and can easily OHKO with ice beam. The fact that it's SR weak isn't making it any more survivable.

Because unless they make it even slower ala mega garchomp, its going to be stupidly good no matter what they do. The design heavily implies it is going to get a boost in speed

>can come in with moxie, wreck something, and be at +1 before it even mega evolves (intimidate isn't bad either, can force stuff out and then get a free dragon dance

>has boosted defense

>massive attack stat, is able to throw things off like flying type STAB double edges and returns

>can hit through substitutes with STAB, probably will get a special attack boost too, making that hit hard

>has access to dragon dance, after a single dragon dance it can plow through just about anything

I'm not saying to ban it, but it will be.

Also scarfed greninja isnt a great counter, because putting a scarf on greninja kind of ruins what makes greninja good. At most scarfed greninja could revenge kill it, but a ton of other pokemon can do that better so

I want mega salamance to be a much better mixed attacker, and mega Altaria to get a Good boost in Special Att, Def, and Spdef,

And might I just say that dressing pika up in special clothes and giving it new moves is a horrible concept and idea, but may, JUST MAYBE, might put it in the RU, or if its extremely lucky, the UU

That's still kind of untrue, Grimace. Salamence would lose the ability to hold an item, which really sucks for it since none of its stats are super amazing. 135 base attack is pretty average for a sweeper now, since power creep, and Salamence doesn't have the bulk to set up easily like Dragonite does. It could end up in ubers if GF doesn't suck like it usually does, but Salamence's only real niche as of now is being a bit difficult to switch into.

On scarf Greninja, yes, choice-locking it isn't that feasible, but metagame shifts can cause the need for it. Besides, Salamence isn't going to fare well in ubers.

The pika chu clothes thing is the silliest idea I've ever heard of, but it is pretty adorable...

Mega Altaria has a fairly decent defensive typing now, but it still needs a better support movepool to be of good use. It'd probably enjoy extra defences and speed plus a phasing move to rack up entry hazard damage.

Edited by KoalaNoob

I see Mega-taria as more of a late game staller, though that depends on its stats. Remember, we can speculate all we want but nothing is concrete until GF gives us the true stats. However, I'm sure it'll see at least a minor boost to its pool. After all, Ampharos got some new moves what with its Dragon Mega, so Altaria can probably expect some new Fairy type moves, and maybe some new moves in general. We can only hope though.

Mega-Altaria has pixilated, so it'd prefer some high-powered normal moves more than fairy, I think (unless they introduce something like 200 base power no drawbacks).

I think it functions kind of as a cleric that can deal decent damage in NU right now, but I'm not too sure. I've always loved it though, and really hope it can work its way to the higher tiers.

Well it already has Return. I think. That's pretty good. Giga Impact and Hyper Beam are there, too, but I wouldn't use them because even with its decent bulk no one wants to waste a turn like that. It also gets Moonblast, which isn't a halfbad attack on its own. I think the best thing to do would be to substitute as you Mega, then attack with Return/Dragon Claw, and use Roost as you need to. Sigh, if only Altaria got Calm Mind. Then it could be simultaneously be bulky and offensive and we'd have some more room to invest in speed. It does have Agility, but you'd have to sacrifice something for it. Hopefully its Mega gets at least +20 Speed at least, as then it could outspeed Mega Garchomp (assuming it gets past the UU mark).

Ooh, it also gets Hyper Voice via breeding! It's 5 power less than Moonblast but sound-based attacks go through Substitute and that will be super useful.

Scarf Greninja is actually pretty common...

Salamence will probs end up in Ubers, so to speculate what will stop it Ima move there

Firstly, I expect something like:

Intimidate>Aerialate

Dragon Dance

Return (Double Edge will be doing a lot of damage to you for a minor boost)

Earthquake

Dragon Claw/Roost

Return and EQ hit just about everything in existence hard, DClaw is for STAB, Roost is for a somewhat longer-lasting lizard

Lemme just say that, assuming Speed and Attack boosts are definitely a thing, next to nothing is switching in on this. Swap in on a physical attacker that can't easily kill you, use Dragon Dance, murder

MMY immediately comes to mind. It oft packs Ice Beam and can likely outspeed an unboosted Salamence, won't be killing it after a DD though and is frail physically

MMX handles physical hits better, and also carries Ice Beam a bit. Likely MMX will be able to revenge kill, but possibubbly not

Kyogre also takes hits okay and can hit with Ice Beam, Specs variations are likely a sure KO, Scarf might have to worry, esp. since it'll be slower still in addition to being stuck with Ice Beam

M-Kangaskhan can likely hit it pretty hard with Sucker Punch, assuming its Defense isn't boosted too much

Speaking of priority, Arceus is likely your best bet. It can probubbly tank a hit if it's an HP variation, and Swords Dance ESpeed hits hard, esp. with those Silk Scarves

Those are my first guesses, can't really say much more without actual stats. I will say that I don't see anything doing better than revenge killing once it gets going

would lose the ability to hold an item, which really sucks for it since none of its stats are super amazing. 135 base attack is pretty average for a sweeper now, since power creep, and Salamence doesn't have the bulk to set up easily like Dragonite does. It could end up in ubers if GF doesn't suck like it usually does, but Salamence's only real niche as of now is being a bit difficult to switch into.

On scarf Greninja, yes, choice-locking it isn't that feasible, but metagame shifts can cause the need for it. Besides, Salamence isn't going to fare well in ubers.

Mega Salamence is going to have way different stats. You're acting like it's going to suck, and like Salamence sucks now, which it doesn't. :\ It does well with choice items, though it's possible that the new stats might make up for that. o3o

While its Speed won't be much on the first turn, the rest of its stats matter.

They could definitely make it worse like Mega Garchomp, but even Mega Garchomp is still not to be taken lightly. And the only way it could be made worse is if they drop speed, which doesn't look likely from how Mega Salamence looks because it looks like a jet or something, which would imply greater, if not at least the same, speed.

Still just speculation, though, but your post just had an inkling of fact-stating or something. :\

But anyway, my speculated stats!

Current:

HP: 95

Attack: 135

Defense: 80

Sp.Atk: 110

Sp.Def: 80

Speed: 100

Total: 600

Mega:

HP: 95

Attack: 155 (+20) OR 175 (+40) OR 135 (+0)

Defense: 100 (+20)

Sp.Atk: 130 (+20) OR 110 (+0) OR 150 (+40)

Sp.Def: 100 (+20)

Speed: 120 (+20)

Total: 700

(the 'OR's are together, so the 175 and 110 are together, etc)

Oddly, I kind of feel like it will get a rounded boost, adding 20 to each stat, which would give it respectable stats all around, or it will forgo special attack boosts to give everything to physical attack to make it a monster (not the highest physical attack in the game, but with a Moxie/DD boost...). They could also ignore physical attack and go for special attack, since DD could boost physical attack anyway. I think that option is less likely, but you never know!

Again, just my speculation/hopes. c:

Now then, for Altaria, since I've now done Lopunny and Salamence:

Current:

HP: 75

Attack: 70

Defense: 90

Sp.Atk: 70

Sp.Def: 105

Speed: 80

Total: 490

Mega:

HP: 75

Attack: 70 (+0) OR 80 (+10) OR 70 (+0)

Defense: 120 (+30) OR 130 (+40) OR 140 (+50)

Sp.Atk: 110 (+40) OR 80 (+10) OR 70 (+0)

Sp.Def: 135 (+30) OR 145 (+40) OR 155 (+50)

Speed: 80 (+0)

Total: 590

Eh, I don't think it will get speed so much. I DO think it will get lots more defense and a great boost to its special attack. Either that, or they're going to boost its attacks only slightly and mainly beef up its defenses so it can be a great supporter! :D Slight alternative to the super beefy defenses with slight boost to both attacks is no boosts to attacks and all the way defensive.

Man 170 atk salamence would be a monster

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 291-343 (72 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 373-441 (74 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 477-562 (135.8 - 160.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. +1 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 462-546 (111 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 477-562 (139.4 - 164.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 308-364 (95 - 112.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 457-538 (100.2 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Deoxys-D: 289-342 (95 - 112.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 836-984 (216.5 - 254.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. +6 252 HP / 4 Def Deoxys-D: 73-87 (24 - 28.6%) -- 95.9% chance to 4HKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Giga Impact vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 335-394 (103.3 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It also might have enough beef to successfully get in two DDs, especially if its Intimidate as reg Salamence weakens the opponent and/or scares them away for the free set up on the first turn. o: Or if it's behind a Sub.

I definitely think Altaria is going to be targeted as a bulky special attacker

And Salamence isn't going to be worse than regular, not with that ability. Lack of items is nothing when you have the sheer might it's going to. It's going to have so much power that it will easily make of for not having a Life Orb (Choice Salamence is probs a Scarf BTW, so no less power on M-Sally. Not that Bands and Specs don't exist)

Besides, Aerialate + STAB = %195 damage

Now apply that to normal Salamence's base 135 attack on a 102 power Return with a single Dragon Dance and hit some common defensive Pokemon:

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 256-303 (60.3 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 219-258 (62.2 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 614-726 (168.6 - 199.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 240-283 (59.4 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 210-247 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 232-274 (55.7 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

(After killing Multiscale)

And some of my off the top of my head ideas:

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 400-472 (116.9 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 734-866 (207.9 - 245.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(Forgot the Fighting subtype >_<)

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 492-580 (139.3 - 164.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 141-166 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 163-193 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 325-384 (98.1 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 313-370 (70.4 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So Arceus gets it if it can live a turn, which it seems it can

And again, this is without boosted base attack (but with +20 to defense and a DD off)

Oh, and if it gets that +20 to defense?

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 328-390 (99 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Donphan Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 180-216 (54.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Good luck with those Ice attacks. Once it hits +1 Speed, only thing hitting it with a solid Ice attack and not taking massive damage is gonna be a Scarfed Greninja, with max Speed (and that LO Weavile there, if you're not super unlucky)

Unless you're running a Rain team, then you've likely got Swift Swim Ice Beam to save you

I recommend killing it before it Dragon Dances and carrying a defensive Steel/Rock type at all times

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 105-124 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- 83.2% chance to 3HKO

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 87-103 (25.2 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

(EQ does ~%43, but I'm demonstrating Return ATM)

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 169-199 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

So yeah, Aerialate > Choice Band, big time (considering a Choice Band is equivalent to a +1 from DD, this makes sense)

The Salamence you theorymond would be a pretty huge monster, IMO. That attack stat is scary.

Mega Altaria as a bulky special attacker would be a fairly decent role for it, I guess. It would have pretty amazing stats, so it'd definitely be useful. Kind of like a specially based more defensive Mawile or something?

I'm hoping it gets a decent special attack buff + really good defense buffs. It's already defensive, so not upping its defenses, considering how crazy fluffy it is + its crazy good defensive type would just not make sense. o3o Combined with its passable HP would make it a wonderful addition as a very strong supporting role. Trading in Rock+Dragon weakness and nerfing Ice in exchange for gaining Poison and Steel weakness, as well as trading in Ground immunity for Dragon, is honestly a blessing. It also gains two more very useful resistances! This is a good day for Altaria. No more Stealth Rock weakness wut wut (though it's gotta be careful if the Rocks are in place before it Megas)

The main reason I think it's going to get a good buff to special attack only is mainly that Pixilate. Dragon and Fairy are both also fairly special-inclined (I think Dragon became a lot more physical at the split, but still).

Ugh, could you guys imagine Mega using Cotton Guard if it really got those stats? Actually, since it does have access to Cotton Guard, maybe they'll mostly give it just more to special defense. But whatever, I still think no matter what it's gonna get beefy.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Oh no, the ladder's gonna run rampant with Cotton. Guard Altaria noooooo. Ah well, it's a nice addition to stall, I guess, if it ends up being decent. Imagine if they introduced a special counterpart to cotton guard and gave it to Altaria. That'd be nice, as well as terrifying.

The steel weakness is pretty bad, since BP Scizor, IH Mawile, and IR Bisharp are really threatening, but after those threats are removed, it's happy walling for Altaria. Poison isn't too terrible, since a poison attack is mainly run for coverage instead of STAB. I get the feeling that this things gonna be great.

M-Salamence doesn't even need the full 170 to be scary. IIRC, 135 is enough to 2HKO Groudon with Return

I really hope it gets that special buff, though a physical Pixilater would be interesting

I really hope it gets that special buff, though a physical Pixilater would be interesting

It'd me more interesting if it got a special buff, but had no special normal-type moves. I wonder what people would do then?

Yeah, It does have to look out for Iron Head (especially with flinch considering its poor speed) and Bullet Punch. But hopefully its bulk makes up for that. Poison isn't too common, but it does still have to look out for Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb.

Does it really not get anything to up its Special Defense? Not even Calm Mind? That's so weird. It always has Confide, I guess. o3o

At least it's able to heal with Roost and it has Refresh/Heal Bell(5th gen) for status. Hopefully if/when we get move tutors, Altaria can have access to Heal Bell in this gen.

It also has the gimmicky Sing+Dream Eater strat. Very gimmicky but probably fun and not expected.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Too bad no Cosmic Power owo

Also, that would be dumb if they did that, KN. Not that I would have put it past them... Moonblast is a thing tho. Luckily, it gets both Hyper Voice and Return

Also, someone mentioned Hyper Voice being weaker than Moonblast? Pixilate buff, it's actually stronger in addition to going through Subs