LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

If you read it, you should know not to get excited. This isn't the first time that Nintendo has registered Pokemon trademarks, never to do anything with them. Serebii himself mentioned the Water Blue that was trademarked when FRLG came out -- Nintendo wants to cover their bases.

Along with Pokemon Grey.

I think it's so they can hit anyone with C&D trying to release fake games with those names.

Have to agree, but it's still too bad. Blastoise would be a cool Mascot, but is a pretty meh Pokemon. I would have prefered normal Kyurem to... whatever happened with the whole fusion deal, but in all they're still a meh Legend to me. But Rayquaza? Why would you raise my hopes like that Gamefreak, you crusher of dreams?!

WE GOT COROCORO SCANS

Info below in transparent text.

Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile confirmed, as well as a Mega Diancie! Diancie's ability is listed as '???' at the time, while Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Swampert has Swift Swim.

The game's mega evolution-inducing tool here is the Mega Bangle. Steven Stone appears to have a Mega Charizard, and is after the secret of Mega Evolution. Mach and Acro bikes return! Team Aqua and Magma are returning and as in the originals, which team you face depends on the game you're playing.

The 'Mega' Groudon and Kyogre we've seen are apparently a regression form, and known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon/Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre. So that'll be interesting.

Take a shot for every time you read 'Mega' up there |D

Bangles. Yes, this is perfect. Why have magic rings when you can magic bangles? IT'S BRILLIANT!

Looks like the teams got and update. Archie seems to have been changed for the better but I feel like they butchered poor Tabitha. Unless that's Courtney, in which case I'll be busy laughing until I puke.

On a more serious note, however, I'm glad we have new Hoenn Megas. To my own shock, Sceptile actually got the popular prediction of Grass/Dragon. Swampert could have been better, but he could have been worse, too. I'm just glad he didn't lose his Ground like Aggron lost his Rock.

Steven lost two of his rings/arm bands/whatever and apparently been moved downward so his sleeves look like crowns, but other than that he seems the same.

Brenden and May have stayed about the same. Looking at May's blond hair and light skin color I'm going to guess character customization has stayed.

And seriously, Primal forms? Primal Dialga, looks like you have some new friends.

I really like Mega Swampert and Mega Diance's design! I wonder if Volcanion and Hoopa will be getting Mega forms as well?

Though Team Magma's redesign seems a little lackluster compared to Team Aqua's...

*jaw drops* I am getting Sceptile now. Most definately Sceptile!

Also, I also want them to make the Pokmon at the first of your party to be walking behind you again. Also, amke them have facial reactions like in Yellow version.

Mega swampert is growing on me, I mean, he's like a puffed up salamander I guess.

I do love Sceptile though! But lightning rod? I'm not really sure what the benefit is of that (other than not being able to be paralyzed while it is in mega form).

Phew, I'm just glad they didn't mess with Steven too much.

May's redesign.... I Really hate that bandanna thing going on. They should have kept it like it was. I so hope we can customize because I don't want that.... thing... on her head.

Also, the age-long question has been answered, Brendan is wearing a hat. That is not his hair xd.png

NO

NONONONONONONO

THAT MEGA 'SWAMPERT' IS THE SINGLE MOST HIDEOUS THING

GAMEFREAK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Well so much for starting with mudkip </3 going with treecko this run looks like

DONT GET ME STARTED ON TABITHA

THERE'S NO WAY THAT'S HIM.

I'm going with they only share a name. That is all.

Shelly is now black? ????????

Is there a problem with that? :L

Because she wasn't before? I got sapphire as a used game and then it was stolen so i have 0 attachment to her but come on at least stay close to the original designs. People dont start white and suddenly turn/stay black and have black hair? Same deal with archie and why is everyone on team aqua black i mean if anything team /magma/ should be black because they want it to be /sunny/, and those who stay in consistently sunny location stay darker than those in colder climated where they have to bundle up to stay warm. Also there's less sun, so less melanin.

It's just backwards is what im saying. So, yes, yes there is a problem with that. Nothing will be done about it though.

Got a problem?

Because she wasn't before? I got sapphire as a used game and then it was stolen so i have 0 attachment to her but come on at least stay close to the original designs. People dont start white and suddenly turn/stay black and have black hair? Same deal with archie and why is everyone on team aqua black i mean if anything team /magma/ should be black because they want it to be /sunny/, and those who stay in consistently sunny location stay darker than those in colder climated where they have to bundle up to stay warm. Also there's less sun, so less melanin.

It's just backwards is what im saying. So, yes, yes there is a problem with that. Nothing will be done about it though.

Got a problem?

Actually yeah

Tbh I think it's rad that they're changing some of the designs to be more diverse and I think you oughtta examine why it bothers you a bit more

's all the more I'm gonna say about it :L

Actually yeah

Tbh I think it's rad that they're changing some of the designs to be more diverse and I think you oughtta examine why it bothers you a bit more

's all the more I'm gonna say about it :L

I would be totally fine with the designs if they didnt try to pass it off as THE SAME PEOPLE. THAT'S what's bothering me.

Everything looks great! Diancie and Sceptile, as well as Groudon and Kyogre.

Oh.

Yeah, they completely ruined Swampert >.>

I'm already mourning the losses of all the old character designs. In my opinion, these redesigns suck hardcore. Haaaaardcore.

Edit: Besides Steven. He looks great.

Edit 2: Well, Brendan/May's outfits are good too. I guess I'm mostly directing this towards Aqua/Magma.

I like the mega evolutions though! So that's one plus...

Edited by birdzgoboom

Honestly, as disappointed as I am with pretty much everyone who got redesigned (with this in mind I'm thanking the lawrd Steven is still intact) I'm most annoyed with what they did to Maxie. First of all, he's like, three feet taller than normal. And as much as I'm all for tall people, there's a certain height where you just look awkward. He also has apparently taking advice from Lysandre, sunglasses and all. Sunglasses people. Honestly, I always thought of Maxie as the kind of person who didn't get mad, but was super strict and liked things to be in order (of course neither of the Team Leaders in gen III got much backstory or description, so that impression may have been my imagination going wild). But I know for a fact that even with a lack of info the original Maxie would never wear that. He looks like he's going to some sort of friggin dance party! Gamefreak has pretty much ruined my favorite team boss. Or second favorite. I could never really decide.

It's not like the admins are much better. Tabitha is supposed to be... not that. For sure. It's like he wanted to copy Matt, which, when I think about it, may have been Sugumori's plan. And then all the other problems, like piment swaping, have been pointed out. It just brings to mind one question: why? Steven is the same. Brenden and May are a little better, even, minus whatever May is doing with her headband there. So I don't know why they had to make the teams eight times worse.

Wally had better be freaking amazing to make up for this. AND THEY BETTER NOT TOUCH WINONA! You can only take so many good designs and burn them to a crisp before I snap.

Edit: Besides Steven. He looks great.

Steven always looks great though.

But look, his little coat isn't all buttoned up like he's slowly getting undressed Maybe that means on the third remake he just won't wear a shirt at all.

xd.png

And since he's doing mega stone hunting, I want to think we'll see more of him in the game than usual, telling us how to use them and all.

I like Brendan's outfit. May is ok except for her bandana/headband.

I have no problem with the Aqua race change. I think it's good to have some diversity in the games (seriously with them being a worldwide series you think it would have happened earlier and all).

As far as the clothes redesigns go.... I think they should have kept them closer to the original. These look like team flare but not working for them.

I like Diancie's mega a lot, that's what I wish she had looked like to begin with.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I honestly prefer the new character designs. They look more interesting to me. The diversity isn't a lot but it's better than nothing I guess. :U

I think the only redesigns I'm not that fond of are the trainers.

Also mega swampert is such a cutie I want five. Now that I know sceptile is gonna be dragon/grass I'm really tempted to get one but I love my swampert ;;

Edited by Switch

Yah I don't mind swampert so much. He looks kind of like a big bullfrog or something.

At first I was like AGH WHAT IS THAT. But thinking about amphibians I think its design is alright.

Sceptile is looking nice but I just did a run with one so I don't want to repeat.

Oh and since we haven't been commenting on it. The Primeval/Prehistoric/Primal Groudon/Kyogre are awesome and I like the concept of "deevolution". I hope Rayquaza will get a new form like that.

I love Mega Swampert's giant arms in contrast with its tiny little feet it's the cutest thing |D

My main issue with the redesigns is that they made Maxie a skinny nerd. I mean.. there's no way that could be him. And Tabitha? Lay off the McDonalds, dear Arceus.

I don't know what to say about Team Aqua, but for the most part, the admins look really good. Too bad I'm getting Alpha Sapphire; I would've liked to work with Team Aqua. Although, Matt seems to have been taking steroids.

May looks rather pretty though, and they finally made Brendan's hat obvious. Steven's redesign is rather subtle, but I'm intrigued. I wonder how the Gym Leaders would look?

Also, Mega Sceptile will probably tempt me to finally evolve my beloved Grovyles. It's amazing, and as a bonus, it's gotten the Dragon treatment. ohmy.gif Although the ability leaves something to be desired, I'm glad it's immune to Thunder Wave. That move is the bane of my main game.

Swampert seems to have ALSO been taking steroids, and Diancie is glorious. Although, I am confused as to why they've already revealed a Mega Diancie when the regular one hasn't been released outside of Japan yet.

And Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre? Primal Dialga, looks like you're not alone. xd.png

Edited by FlyingDragona

Estimade Mega Swampert Base Stats:

HP: 100

Att: 130

Def: 120

SpAtt: 95

SpDef: 120

Speed: 40

Estimated Mega Sceptile Base Stats:

HP: 70

Att: 105

Def: 90

SpAtt: 135

SpDef: 100

Speed: 150

I really don't find any of the Hoenn starter Mega Evolutions that appealing. Mega Sceptile's changes seem a bit minor and uninspired (the new 4x weakness to Ice doesn't help), while Mega Swampert looks rather hideous and needlessly bulky.

Diancie's Mega Evolution looks neat, but I hardly know much about it yet to form a real opinion.

Steven's design seems much more mature and "cool".

EDIT: And Mega Sceptile's ability seems a bit pointless. Who in their right mind would use an electric attack against a Grass-Dragon to begin with?

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Oh crap, x4 weakness to Ice, didn't think of that. A singke Ice Beam and it's dead, maybe even with great sp. Defense. I may just do the same thing I did with X/Y and just not use any of the starters, depending on the other weaknesses for Mega Sceptile. I definitely won't go for Swampert, maybe Blaziken.

Edit: Lightingrod could be used in a great strategy for double and triple battles.

Edited by Ultra