LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

My first reaction to Sableye's mega evolution was that it will be an absolute pain to fight against. It's apparently absurd defensive stats will work well in contrast to Mega Mawile's offensive-focused approach (though Mawile will still have the advantage :D).

I'm going to hate having to battle against it on every single Ghost and Dark type team online, though.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Wow, epic. Can't wait. hope Kyogre gets electric typing and a Speed boost... (To counter the lack of Scarf)

EDIT: And nope, poor Kyogre gets jipped

It still annihilates Groudon xd.png

(Even though I love Groudon more in design, it still would get destroyed in battle by Kyogre, especially with the added fire typing in its primal form)

Yes I suspect (mega) sableye is going to end up on MANY teams online. (I want to be if it isn't version exclusive)

EDIT: Speaking of Groudon's design, anyone notice that Maxie's glasses on the sides have the little thingys that Groudon has on its head. You know, the thingys near its mouth that come down that have the single spike on it.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I like Kyogre's design better. and I was really hoping that the stands of yellow in it's temples (which are admittedly kinda already yellow) were charged electricity. Because Kyogre with STAB Thunder and Water Spout would have been friggin amazing

The yellow in its body should amount to something I agree.

"Its body is half-translucent, and a golden light glows from within it. It is more mysterious and magnificent than ever!"

The golden light should amount to something.

(I didn't realize the portions were translucent until I read that and then it became clear... haha clear)

EDIT: Speaking of Groudon's design, anyone notice that Maxie's glasses on the sides have the little thingys that Groudon has on its head. You know, the thingys near its mouth that come down that have the single spike on it.

I think Archie's cape-thing is supposed to resemble Kyogre's tail too :o

Also can I just say that I wholeheartedly approve of Primal Kyogre's design. Bioluminescent giant whale absolute perfection

Oh I should point out, I do LOVE Kyogre's design (and the translucent part makes it cooler), I just like Groudon more, I guess that's my inner 10 year old (or however old I was when they came out) that likes the giant Godzilla Lobster T-Rex monster.

I think Archie's whole outfit is to resemble Kyogre - it's got the white spots along the side like Kyogre has.

So is anyone else crossing fingers for Primal Rayquaza? Rayquaza is my favorite of the weather trio and I really want it to have a super cool new form as well.

So is anyone else crossing fingers for Primal Rayquaza? Rayquaza is my favorite of the weather trio and I really want it to have a super cool new form as well.

If we get a primal Rayquaza I think we will all be screaming. I sure will be.

Also those sizes of Groudon/Kyogre are laughable. They're tiny. I was half expecting Groudon to at LEAST be the size of one of the category 4 Kaiju from Pacific Rim. Then again, Pokemon sizes are ridiculous...

It's translucent, and inside it has strands of light that could easily be electricity flowing about, and yet they don't make it part Electric ;n;

Ssshshshhshsh bioluminescence is usually caused by bacteria. Do not complain about this. Kyogre is wonderful.

I think they'd run into plot issues if they made everything too big, considering how they're probably still going to attempt to summon the beasts to do stuff? If nothing else we'd see the main character standing in front of a giant Groudon foot as they confront Maxie and it will be ridiculous. I am really glad that Kyogre is huge compared to Groudon though. Yeah you tiny dinosaur what're you gonna do about the ocean huh

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

i dont really have an opinion on anything right now im too busy marvelling at the fact that maxie is wearing shorts and what looks like a full body sweater or something and it's fantastic

Also those sizes of Groudon/Kyogre are laughable. They're tiny. I was half expecting Groudon to at LEAST be the size of one of the category 4 Kaiju from Pacific Rim. Then again, Pokemon sizes are ridiculous...

I think the problem with the sizes, is in media, anime and the manga included, they're always depicted as incredibly bigger than what the game pokedex lists them as.

Then when you see them to scale based on the pokedex you're like "wait what? Really, that tiny thing?"

At first I thought this was a hoax (just like the 123432123432 others) but I clicked on the link aaaand.... not a hoax!

*squeals in delight* They finally have a mega Sableye! I am going to have him smile.gif I must have my precious Sableye!

I'm happy Nintendo's given a release date for them, now I can plan for them and pre-order them.

I think the problem with the sizes, is in media, anime and the manga included, they're always depicted as incredibly bigger than what the game pokedex lists them as.

Then when you see them to scale based on the pokedex you're like "wait what? Really, that tiny thing?"

Excuse me? Beedril is a metre tall. Furret is bigger than Charizard. Gastly is a little over four feet. Glalie is just about as tall than the player character. Pokemon is terrifying okay.

Shrug, why do they have to be that huge though? I thought the whole thing with gods is that they're representations, not the literal thing. Groudon is big because land is big but it's not going to be the size of a continent.

Excuse me? Beedril is a metre tall. Furret is bigger than Charizard. Gastly is a little over four feet. Glalie is just about as tall than the player character. Pokemon is terrifying okay.

I also think crobat is almost 6ft tall.

i started ignoring the dex heights entirely when i found out that dratini is apparently 5'11"

Edited by Switch

Shrug, why do they have to be that huge though? I thought the whole thing with gods is that they're representations, not the literal thing. Groudon is big because land is big but it's not going to be the size of a continent.

Haha ok you got me.

But really the anime/manga do bad representations of pokemon sizes. But that's alright.

I like the realistic sizes of the legendaries. I mean, if you're going to pull one out in a gym battle it should fit in the gym xd.png

I miss that feature in the dex where it did the height comparison between you and it.

i started ignoring the dex heights entirely when i found out that dratini is apparently 5'11"

Fun fact: serpentine Pokemon (as indicated in body shapes in the dex) are calculated by length. In HGSS Pokemon over a certain height can't walk behind you in buildings, unless they're serpentine. So Dratini is indeed huge, but it's not that huge.

Fun fact: serpentine Pokemon (as indicated in body shapes in the dex) are calculated by length. In HGSS Pokemon over a certain height can't walk behind you in buildings, unless they're serpentine. So Dratini is indeed huge, but it's not that huge.

yeah i know they're calculated in length?

i still generally prefer the anime sizes. i think some of the dex weights are off too or something? cant remember which ones tho. might be wrong.

Edited by Switch

yeah i know they're calculated in length?

i still generally prefer the anime sizes. i think some of the dex weights are off too or something? cant remember which ones tho. might be wrong.

Yeah, I did some calculations a while back and Wailord's density is comparable to that of hydrogen. And that was assuming it was cubical in shape - it's definitely bigger. Not to mention the fact that Magcargo is hotter than the sun and Machamp breaks the sound barrier punching things. Pokemon is just all sorts of ridiculous in general and the 'dex is one of the worst offenders. But y'know whatever man, as long as it's all good and fun I'm okay with unexpected details occasionally.

Back to the topic of ORAS though..Maxie what are you trying to pull with that outfit. You're going to be in a volcano, for chrissake, maybe don't wear a giant sweater bodysuit under your lab coat.

Yeah, I did some calculations a while back and Wailord's density is comparable to that of hydrogen. And that was assuming it was cubical in shape - it's definitely bigger. Not to mention the fact that Magcargo is hotter than the sun and Machamp breaks the sound barrier punching things. Pokemon is just all sorts of ridiculous in general and the 'dex is one of the worst offenders. But y'know whatever man, as long as it's all good and fun I'm okay with unexpected details occasionally.

Well... Considering the fact that the Professors likes sending out 10 year olds to complete the Pokedex... The Pokedex entries are probably written by the 10 year olds themselves. That's my explanation for those ridiculous Pokedex entries. :P

Anyway, back to OR/AS, it just occurred to me that we'll finally have an in-game Dad again! :D

you know I always thought Pokémon watchers did the size entries for the Pokedex and Professors did the background info, then breeders and trainers fill in the rest

I think a lot of the entries are exaggerated or based on legend.

I'd like to know who had to go out and weigh some of those pokemon! "Come here Groudon, I need you to just step on this scale for a moment"

And yes, Maxie's outfit is a little silly for wanting it to be eternal summer. But, it's pokemon xd.png

Well, who says a ten-year-old didn't see a Raichu topple an Indian elephant? In a world where Indian elephants don't exist...

The Pokedex is super-trustworthy, obvs