TJ09

2014-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I am really enjoying the Valentines flowers! So nice to get a plant and be able to send them out to others, too. They are very pretty and a fun way to enjoy the day. Thanks!

There is a thread in site discussion that has a listing of the plants, there is also a dragcave wiki page for it apparently.

As for the seeds, they are dropping exactly the same way that Easter eggs and Trick or Treating does.. randomly between 5 and 15 minutes apart.

Could you link the dragcave wiki page for these seeds and flowers, please? I didn't find it xd.png

Phew, I managed to catch up with replying to the messages people sent me, now I'm working on sending them out to the people who bred the Valentines I'm raising. smile.gif I also sent flowers to Infinis and birdz. <3

* edit... anyone else have red mini-roses that contain a single blue rose in the middle of the bunch? Mine just matured and that blue just sticks out ROFL.

Lol yeah tongue.gifxd.png I sent one out with the message "Dare to be different" xd.png

Are not many people using the random feature to send or have I just not been very lucky? I've only gotten plants from my kids & hubby so far. I've sent out 3 or 4 randoms.

I didn't realise the dragon heads were rare. Got one for my first seed & sent it off. Luckily I sent it to one of my kids, so I can still go see it. lol

I've also noticed you can get them in different colours. I have a pink & a dark purple/black miniature rose & another kind in 3 different colours. Don't really want to send anymore off yet though.

ahhh.. bat flower.. I need one. didn't realize how rare it was going to be and sent my only one off LOL.

* edit... anyone else have red mini-roses that contain a single blue rose in the middle of the bunch? Mine just matured and that blue just sticks out ROFL.

somehow i have 3 bat flowers and 3 mini roses.

somehow i have 3 bat flowers and 3 mini roses.

Want to exchange a bat flowers with me? smile.gif

Are not many people using the random feature to send or have I just not been very lucky? I've only gotten plants from my kids & hubby so far. I've sent out 3 or 4 randoms.

I didn't realise the dragon heads were rare. Got one for my first seed & sent it off. Luckily I sent it to one of my kids, so I can still go see it. lol

I've also noticed you can get them in different colours. I have a pink & a dark purple/black miniature rose & another kind in 3 different colours. Don't really want to send anymore off yet though.

I've had a few randoms trickle in this afternoon. I think the random sendings are just slow to take off.. it takes upwards of 10-16 hours for the first seed you collect and plant to mature. The wait seems like it takes forever, but the other flowers don't feel the same because those seeds were being collected and planted (hopefully regularly/frequently) during that initial waiting period.

Could you link the dragcave wiki page for these seeds and flowers, please? I didn't find it xd.png

I second this. I am looking for a flower guide, too. If there is one out there, can someone please link to it?

I only just got my first (presumably random) anonymous card. Dunno about anyone else, but I've been struggling to make sure I send flowers to people I know first - if I run out of them and I can get more plants to grow then I'll send out randoms myself.

I'm also really enjoying *not* knowing what all the flowers look like - that way I can be surprised by what I grow and what I receive. smile.gif

Waiting for these flowers to grow makes me so jittery. I get all excited when I think of something witty to have for the message and no flowers to send. XD

I saw that some people are sending flowers to users who they got eggs from. I wonder if I'll receive them as well?

I would really like to know if whether or not our gardens will keep the unsent flowers at the end.

I've been sending out all the ones that mature, but I'd really like to have a garden full of them to look at again, like the eggs, etc.

And I saw where someone says it goes a full week? That would be great, because I had thought it might only be the 3 days that the Valentine eggs drop, and it's not enough time!

I have had some random gifts received, but the hubby and my friends have not, except maybe once or twice, collectively. They are not forum members, and I did as for them in the other thread, and so I think that's why I've gotten some.

I got one that said the the card is blank, the letters are an illusion, I thought that was really cute laugh.gif

Marrto has gotten several from random. I have, so far, only gotten one and it was a thank you card for helping a member. smile.gif Which amuses me greatly since he rarely gets on the forum and hasn't been playing as much.

I forgot to ask in my other post, is there a way to look at other people's gardens that I'm missing? I think it would be fun to see what other people have.

I'm enjoying sending the cheesiest lines I can find to random recipients.  xd.png

Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one doing that. biggrin.gif

Waiting for TJ's hatchlings to grow up kills me every time. Only 36 more hours... D:

Oooooh I wonder what the spriter alts will look like :o I kind of went snooping on birdzgoboom's scroll and their eggs have a lovely light blue instead of red. I foresee pretties. :3

(Are the spriters' babies safeguarded? I'd suppose so, but still... wouldn't want to kill them!)

*legasp* Sneaky.

Just thought to mention about a ??? seed I got on the Flower VDay event.

And before you try and suggest a name, it's name IS '??? Seed' It's been planted to see what it does.

(EDIT!: Gonna record It's progress)

Edited by Lawless-Lawful