TJ09

2014-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

That's what I think as well. If we do keep the gardens, I hope they're filled with all the flowers we did send off.

Lol, that might look better - or might not, unless we were allowed to rearrange them.

(Not that all of us would necessarily wind up with much improvement, lol.)

What I do think would be really cool would be if, as some other people suggested somewhere or another, we were able to keep the messaging system...

It doesn't look like there is enough room in the Garden to keep one of each type with all the color variations sad.gifsad.gif

I have been sending off all my Duplicates , but I want one of each to keep and there is no way , that can happen randomly.

i don't have A tiger Lily , or Venus Fly Trap, but I think I have one of each , of the others , but not all the different colors blink.gif

there are 111 total flower sprites and 91 spots in the garden. start making a list of ones you need and ask for them. I don't have either of the two you listed (or at least no grown ones) but I would be happy to aid your collection (and I'm sure others would be as well)

I'm laughing so hard right now. ANOTHER IRIS.

Didn't I send you a mushroom?

Didn't I send you a mushroom?

No, I mean from the seeds I pick up.

Thanks for the Iris!

No, I mean from the seeds I pick up.

Thanks for the Iris!

Burn. laugh.gif Now i wonder where I sent that mushroom off to?

You know, rather than keeping our gardens, my guess is that we'll be able to keep the cards and flowers we've received. I'm operating on the guess that we won't have access to the flowers we didn't send, but only to the ones we've received after the event is over.

It's just a guess on my part, but I did notice that we aren't able to link others to view our gardens.

Burn. laugh.gif Now i wonder where I sent that mushroom off to?

Oh wait, I meant Mushroom. THE IRIS' ARE RUINING US! THEY'RE INJECTING OUR MINDS WITH THEIR IRIS-Y POISON!

You know, rather than keeping our gardens, my guess is that we'll be able to keep the cards and flowers we've received. I'm operating on the guess that we won't have access to the flowers we didn't send, but only to the ones we've received after the event is over.

It's just a guess on my part, but I did notice that we aren't able to link others to view our gardens.

Yeah, I was screw the gardens. Give me the flowers and cards.

What's the funniest or best quote you've sent off?

Super Mushroom! or It's a-me, Mario! with the mushrooms. laugh.gif

there are 111 total flower sprites and 91 spots in the garden.  start making a list of ones you need and ask for them.  I don't have either of the two you listed (or at least no grown ones) but I would be happy to aid your collection (and I'm sure others would be as well)

OK so this may make me sound like an idiot, but I'm confused. I keep seeing people ask others to send certain things for their garden (maybe I'm misinturpretting them and their just asking for different flowers in pots so they can have one of each sent to them), but I thought we could only send cards with a potted plant with them, you can't actually use that plant, can you? Or get a seed from it? I might be asking questions with obvious answers, but I've sure missed them. unsure.gif

On a different note, I really would like to know if our gardens will still be able to be seen (even if others can't see it) at the end of this event. I've been stocking up on flowers not sure if I want to send them and re-plant or wait and actually try to plan out the garden some.

OK so this may make me sound like an idiot, but I'm confused. I keep seeing people ask others to send certain things for their garden (maybe I'm misinturpretting them and their just asking for different flowers in pots so they can have one of each sent to them), but I thought we could only send cards with a potted plant with them, you can't actually use that plant, can you? Or get a seed from it? I might be asking questions with obvious answers, but I've sure missed them. unsure.gif

On a different note, I really would like to know if our gardens will still be able to be seen (even if others can't see it) at the end of this event. I've been stocking up on flowers not sure if I want to send them and re-plant or wait and actually try to plan out the garden some.

If you send them one, you have to take it out of your garden.

and since no one knows if the garden will still be available after, it's probably better to collect them in pots if you really want them.

I really hope that we get to keep the gardens. Today was my first time coming to the forum. It would be really sad if myself and other users who don't frequent the forum or have many friends on here... had to lose all the flowers we collected and have none in pots for ourselves.

I think that would make Valentine's Day way too sad. It's a sad enough day for a lot of people as it is! Who needs a website to add more on top of that?!

Burn.  laugh.gif Now i wonder where I sent that mushroom off to?

Whoops - you sent it to me, and I don't think I can send it back...

Edit: unless the one I just got from you was, indeed, in answer to what I sent you?

Hi, lingrem, welcome to the forums!

If you don't know anyone to send flowers to, you can send them off randomly NOT anonymously, but with your scroll-name, so people can send back to you.

There's also a thread in Site Discussion http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=158953

Send a Flower To Someone, Request Flowers, Send Flowers where you can exchange flowers with people.

But since at this point we don't know what will be happening with the actual gardens, and they aren't very attractive and apparently just intended to grow flowers to send, your best bet is probably to assume that we'll be keeping what we have been sent and possibly not the garden.

Edited by Syphoneira

Whoops - you sent it to me, and I don't think I can send it back...

No that was the second mushroom. I had a green one last night. Ah well. It's not like they can 1 UP. laugh.gif

What? They do? And what makes a dirty garden separate from a clean garden?

messy gardens provide protection for their caterpillars and gives them safe places to rest in between various growth stages without risk of siblings munching the branch they are sitting on. Adult butterflies will hang around much longer when the habitat is both suitable to them (nectar flowers) and to their offspring (host/food plants). A clean garden doesn't give that (clean = no weeds, no grass, wide spaces between flowering plants, heavy mulch, etc.).

The dragon heads are soo cute!!! Too bad its in my garden instead of being attached to a card dry.gif Too bad i can't send it to myself xd.png (JK)

The dragon heads are soo cute!!! Too bad its in my garden instead of being attached to a card  dry.gif  Too bad i can't send it to myself xd.png (JK)

Try it. See what happens. user posted image

messy gardens provide protection for their caterpillars and gives them safe places to rest in between various growth stages without risk of siblings munching the branch they are sitting on.  Adult butterflies will hang around much longer when the habitat is both suitable to them (nectar flowers) and to their offspring (host/food plants).  A clean garden doesn't give that (clean = no weeds, no grass, wide spaces between flowering plants,  heavy mulch, etc.).

Oh, okay. That makes a lot of sense. Hmm, I wonder if I can get the garden messy.

Edited by Spyridon

The dragon heads are soo cute!!! Too bad its in my garden instead of being attached to a card dry.gif Too bad i can't send it to myself xd.png (JK)

If I hadn't sent mine before I saw this, I would have sent it to you. tongue.gif oh well, another grows!

Oh, okay. That makes a lot of sense. Hmm, I wonder if I can get the garden messy.

There is no user with the supplied username. Please go back and verify that you entered it correctly.

Apparently i don't exist dry.gif

Edited by Bunnybrine

There is no user with the supplied username. Please go back and verify that you entered it correctly.

2spooky

Okay, lol. I had to do this just for the heck of it. Seems I don't exist. lol

Welcome to the twilight zone. wink.gif

I've been having good luck by picking only duplicate flowers to send to people. smile.gif