Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Multi clutch for Prize dragons?

Honestly, I started playing this game because my daughter was interested.

She got frustrated and we quit playing for quite a while because the "rich" keep getting richer and the "poor" get taken advantage of by the oldies.

I think multi clutching is a great way to balance the situation. Especially if the rarer the dragon, the more likely it is to multi-clutch.

We got back into playing again before Valentine's day. And it's fun again . . . but now the whole emphasis is on Coppers and Shimmer Prize dragons.

Mostly agree with that fuzzbucket, I was thinking of a happy medium for those that refuse to breed theirs if multi-clutching became a thing. Would this be a meet in the middle?

EDIT for good and bad points..based prizes only

Multi clutching - 1-4 eggs and all auto abandon:

Good:

- Far chance all to get a chance to grab one

- Spreads some of the wealth which in turn lessens pressure prize owners, lists hopefully become easier etc etc.

- Happier players?

Bad:

- The fastest who gain metallics now likely to get them, especially as the clever kids will watch for breedings and track eggs through AP.

- Some prizes may become redundant as some express they simply would not breed at all if can not control egg, so whilst widening the multi clutch pool, lessens the number of prizes that can add to it.

- Will mention in small words "value" decreasing/rearranging as think the market would flood with high trade values to start and then possibly they would become more even kilter later? I know some don't want values, but this is something important to others.

Idea of holding multi clutch egg/s

Good

- Happy medium between the two of having and not having multiclutches if owner gets to control at least a portion?

- Still spreads the remainder of how many eggs left over to AP

- Still more chances to make happy players

Bad

- More control over more eggs that are already scarce  = hoarding issues and not much sharing if the multi clutch isn't a big one?

- Would it be shared out with the intention of spreading wealth or to put it loosely make rich, richer?

- Would it create worst trading behaviours than good, since some do not like the market dominance already

Off to get a coffee, sorry if input rubbish

Well why not make it an option that can be worked with from our account settings even? There are those who only want multi clutching for prizes, those who want it for all, and those who don't want it or could care less at all.

It could be a setting that can be turned on or off at will. The only thing I would say is we don't get to be nit picky about who gets to multi clutch, either they all do or don't. If we can turn it on or off in a personalized manner, it reduced people having to go from dragon to dragon using fertility and the multiclutching BSA. Simply tick a box with "I would like Multi-clutchin on" if you want it on, untick to turn it off.

When on all dragons multi clutch. It should be entirely random so people can't predict "Oh well I have a CB, I can get more eggs out of it." One breeding could yeild 4 eggs, the next only 1, the next 3, etc. When it is ticked on it automatically allows you to either abandon eggs you do not want, or to set them in transfers where they can be gifted etc. You can trade the egg you keep. Any other you decide to try and keep will only be kept in a transfer for 24 hrs while you gift it to a friend, in a thread, etc.

Like someone suggested, only control over one egg. That would work as well seeing as the less eggs can fall into the AP the less they can be nabbed by users who only want to use them to get richer.

All in all

-Allow for the ability to multiclutch to be an account action rather than BSA

(If not possible then BSA is the second alternative and I am ok with this.)

-Multiclutching randomized yet set so batches of 1 egg are less frequent, but still there.

-One egg can be kept normally

-One other egg can be kept but is put in a transfer to be gifted out

-If more than two eggs in a batch; Any eggs left over from the kept and transferable one are abandoned into the AP.

-If the transfer is cancelled, the egg is auto abandoned rather than placed on the scroll regardless of egg slots you have.

-Transfers only last 24 hrs

-If in 24 hrs the egg is not transferred/claimed, it is auto abandoned.

All these points are perfect. Hopefully It is something that can be used for the greater good of spreading the joy of 2nd gens of any breed easier. This will especially make it much easier to not only spread the love of 2nd Gen prize babies, we will be able to meet the demand of the user base with the ability to possibly gift 2 eggs from every batch if the batch is 2+ eggs. This increase in eggs will lessen some of their value in the market and with enough breeding and dedication, we can get them wide spread enough that prizes and their babies are no longer an issue.

Edited by AnanoKimi

It would be a matter of breeder choice if it were a BSA - and an account action couldn't easily have a cooldown, I think - and I feel very strongly that it needs a scroll-wide cooldown - like summoning has; however many legendaries you have, you can ONLY summon once in two weeks.

And I, for one, would NOT be OK at all with being able to control more than one egg from a multiclutch - just as with holidays.

I was all for making it a BSA so that the people who did not want to breed a clutch could just not use it. And I'd be fine with it being a BSA to be used on any dragon - as long as there was a cooldown on the whole scroll.

This this this this.

I don't want multi-clutch to just be for some dragons, I want it to be for all. And I would personally much prefer a BSA, particularly one that was easy to apply. A BSA works for everyone.

Or, better from my point of view, re-instate multi-clutching and add a BSA that reduces possible egg production to one egg.

Cheers!

C4.

This this this this.

I don't want multi-clutch to just be for some dragons, I want it to be for all. And I would personally much prefer a BSA, particularly one that was easy to apply. A BSA works for everyone.

Or, better from my point of view, re-instate multi-clutching and add a BSA that reduces possible egg production to one egg.

Cheers!

C4.

Oh oof. I would NEVER remember to use that.... or be bothered - just as I almost never get around to using fertility ! But for the occasions I specifically wanted a multiclutch, that would be different.

Well why not just make it percentage wise? having control over at the minimum two eggs out of your batch of 2+ is already plenty control. To some extent it feels like asking for a lot. wanting to multiclutch and get a BSA to reduce the multiclutch to one eggs feels like wanting to have your cake and eat it to kind of thing you know?

It can rather be set percentage wise like

Batch of 1 egg = 30%

Btach of 2 egg = 40%

Batch of 3 eggs = 20%

Batch of 4 eggs = 10%

or something like this, with a batch of 2 eggs being the perfect kind of place to hit, and the rest going from there. Kind of like how Biting has that like 45% chance it becomes a vamp and stays, 45% chance it becomes a vamp but is rejected (abandoned), 10% chance it dies (or something like that. too lazy to look it up).

So it could be

-Allow for the ability to multiclutch to be a BSA that can be used at the breeders discretion and will.

-Cool down of ? (I want to say 1 week, to a week and a half)

-Multiclutching set by percentage of ideal batch of eggs. (look above)

-If more than two eggs in a batch; Any eggs left over from the kept and transferable one are abandoned into the AP.

-If the transfer is cancelled, the egg is auto abandoned rather than placed on the scroll regardless of egg slots you have.

Edited by AnanoKimi

I'm not a big fan of letting people control multiple eggs from a clutch... just doubles the opportunities for the rare owners to profit, which this entire suggestion was kinda against (by trying to spread the wealth)

I also don't think it makes sense for 1 egg to be rarer than 2 eggs

I'd rather see it as it was originally (all eggs can clutch rarely, four eggs is the rarest) or as a scroll wide BSA that does just that

I guess I still don't get why multiclutch is necessary for all dragons if we allow prizes to do it. I simply see prizes as much more akin to holidays than to regular cave dragons, ie extremely limited amount of CB's available to breed.

And like holiday dragons I think the auto abandon eggs should move to the front of the AP as soon as they are bred, that would avoid the issue of the 'stalkers' and whatnot tracking breeding patterns and waiting for the eggs to show up while their fingers are poised over the appropriate slot.

Prizes were unique and brought a completely new set of problems to deal with, personally I don't think the answer lies in insisting that they need to be treated just like regular dragons when it comes to trying to fix those problems.

First off, let me quote my last post, because it got utterly ignored.

Staggered multiclutching has two downsides:

One, from a general ratio standpoint: unless there is guarantee to not have more than one prize in any given clutch, it will just produce the dragons earlier in the year, meaning that those who trade or give it away get them both earlier (good) and less of them, as the rest goes to ap (bad for the trader, as it does nothing to improve the bad list situation - random chance pickups are nice from the ap, but they do not help the problem of trading)

Second, from an even gen lineage standpoint: say you want to build something larger, like my 7g projects.

You need 64 cb, which will produce 2g easily (4 clutch). Then 3g about the same. But the further up you go, the harder it will get. You have less dragons to breed, less chance to get an egg, and worst of it, you'll only ever get one egg, making checkers as hard to do as they are currently - but wait, no, even worse, as multiclutching influences ratios, making low gens earlier to breed, taking from the ratios parts of the higher gens.

As of now, people tend to breed their hollies when their friends are around, and can try to catch. With prizes multiclutching, and going to the front, this would be even worse than stalkers - because you'd know down to 1-2seconds when the dragon would be going to drop. So please, no exceptions for prize dragons in that regard.

As for multiclutching anything: I am against it at all, now that i think of it. Due to my above point #1. No matter how ratios are adjusted, this will always work out to be a bigger famine in the second half of the year.

Instead of keeping them, we are given two options, Abandon the extra eggs, or allow our magis to hold them in transfer trades. Any trades cancelled would auto abandon the eggs. This is crazy I know... but... yeah. Either you gift them or abandon them and you keep one out of all of them. With a maximum of 4 eggs per pairing, 1 we could keep which leaves 1-3 to be abandoned or transferred.

The rule of the game has always been you are only allowed to control 1 egg from a breeding. Any extra eggs produced from that breeding always go to the AP. This rule was in place back when all dragons could multi-clutch and the rule still is in place for holiday dragons. To change this rule would not be a good thing.

As for multiclutching anything: I am against it at all, now that i think of it. Due to my above point #1. No matter how ratios are adjusted, this will always work out to be a bigger famine in the second half of the year.

Not necessarily. Multiclutches might result in slightly more "no eggs produced" results to balance them out, keeping the egg amounts consistent throughout the year.

check 3 posts before yours, I fixed that.

No, you did not. You still have the breeder controlling two eggs.

-Allow for the ability to multiclutch to be a BSA that can be used at the breeders discretion and will.

-Cool down of ? (I want to say 1 week, to a week and a half)

-Multiclutching set by percentage of ideal batch of eggs. (look above)

I wouldn't use this BSA if it was implemented - and if you really think that the rich prize hoarders would use it I think you're very optimistic.

You know, TJ himself offered the idea of a multiclutch BSA. Could be combined with this for more ease.

Rare hoarders may not use it, but those who would are more likely to get eggs simply due to having more chances.

And I am all for multiclutch as it always has been: keep one, discard the rest. TBH the chance of getting more than one shiny in a multiclutch is probably quite low anyway, but at least it gives the opportunity, however slight, to spread eggs around.

I wouldn't use this BSA if it was implemented - and if you really think that the rich prize hoarders would use it I think you're very optimistic.

I don't see why you assume that to be the case. Some people might use it, and some might not. As a CB Bronze Tinsel owner do I qualify as a "rich prize hoarder"? I can only speak for myself, but I would use this both on my CB and on other nice lineages. How can you know that would not be the case for others? It seems unfair to guess what other people want when only a few opinions have been expressed.

You know, TJ himself offered the idea of a multiclutch BSA. Could be combined with this for more ease.

Rare hoarders may not use it, but those who would are more likely to get eggs simply due to having more chances.

And I am all for multiclutch as it always has been: keep one, discard the rest. TBH the chance of getting more than one shiny in a multiclutch is probably quite low anyway, but at least it gives the opportunity, however slight, to spread eggs around.

I think most people here are much more generous than some of these posts would suggest. I would certainly use it if I had a prize dragon.

TJ himself said (in the Improve Prize Breeding Ratios thread)

The numbers suggest otherwise. There have been more prize dragons bred in the past year (of both types, counted separately) than many breeds of commons.

Apart from me having something against sharing eggs with strangers who all need to do is to stalk the AP, how do you know that there will be a slight opportunity with multi-clutching to spread "Shinies" forcefully around anyway?

And why should there be more Shinies around, when TJ's number say otherwise?

@MissK.

(...)As a CB Bronze Tinsel owner do I qualify as a "rich prize hoarder"?(...)How can you know that would not be the case for others?

Did I say anything regarding prize owners anywhere? I don't know, are you hoarding low-gen prizes?

And how I can know...haha, from personal experience and observation. I am a pessimistic and nasty person who doesn't believe that all players are niiiiice like they want to be seen as. I have been lied to, I have seen people thinking they are so great while all they do is caring about their own gain only. I do not want to turn this into a rant or into a drama thread so I better stop here.

Yes it seems very unfair to guess what other people want, but I do not apologize for my thoughts because I do not see any reason to do so.

Edited by Mondat

Where are these "rich prize hoarders"? Technically there's no such thing as hoarding on DC, therefore no "rich prize hoarders."

Technically there's no such thing as hoarding on DC, therefore no "rich prize hoarders."

Says who?

Says who?

Says pretty much everyone, I think - even TJ and mods on occasion. We all play the way we like to play; we collect as many of whatever as we like. I have over 100 greys and even more whites - I am doing projects with them. Is that hoarding ? I don't think so ! There's no essential difference between that and collecting the offspring of your own prizes.

Edited by fuzzbucket

We all play the way we like to play

Yep! I was trying to find where TJ himself said there's no such thing as hoarding, but failed to do so. I do recall seeing him state it somewhere though...

Just because I like to collect 2/3G prizes doesn't make me a "greedy hoarder," that's just the way I play c:

Edited by Erica8798

Says pretty everyone, I think - even TJ and mods on occasion. We all play the way we like to play; we collect as many of whatever as we like. I have over 100 greys and even more whites - I am doing projects with them. Is that hoarding ? I don't think so ! There's no essential difference between that and collecting the offspring of your own prizes.

~Removed~

But still, even if TJ, moderators and other people think there is no hoarding....I like to think for myself.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

~Removed~

But still, even if TJ, moderators and other people think there is no hoarding....I like to think for myself.

Why would I say something which has already been said and that I agree with? That seems rather redundant.

Edited by Erica8798

~Removed; feel free to PM TJ09 with complaints about the staff if you wish~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler