Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Multi clutch for Prize dragons?

Allowing a free transport for the second egg is going to potentially encourage multiscrolling.

I don't see how hoarding is really all that common? I got a pretty shimmer (albeit a long-lineaged one) sooner after their release than I got my first tinsel, IIRC. I don't really have any DC friends, either. All this drama is over imagined demons and people getting upset when they get turned down for begging. There are lots of nice people in the community, but begging just gets people pissed off at you, yo. Asking politely'll get you miles though!

On a more relevant note, multi-clutch BSA for all dragons would be amazing! I'm not sure if or when I would use it, but there's def no harm in it, and breeding multiples of nice lineages is fun.

But still, even if TJ, moderators and other people think there is no hoarding....I like to think for myself.

TJ has said hoarding does not exist in the game.

There might be LIMITS put on specific dragons, but there is in effect no "hoarding". For there to be hoarding means that everyone would keep every single egg from their breedings. No one would be trading or giving any eggs/hatchlings away to other people.

Rare hoarders may not use it, but those who would are more likely to get eggs simply due to having more chances.

And I am all for multiclutch as it always has been: keep one, discard the rest. TBH the chance of getting more than one shiny in a multiclutch is probably quite low anyway, but at least it gives the opportunity, however slight, to spread eggs around.

Multi-clutch - it is pure random chance as to what the outcomes of a multi-clutch is. Back in the day when all dragons were able to multi-clutch I would just as easily end up with a mix clutch of eggs that had more golds than purples than I would of a clutch of the opposite. Not unusual to see clutches of all golds/silvers too. I happen to have twin golds that came from a triplet clutch.

Allowing a free transport for the second egg is going to potentially encourage multiscrolling.

Would, it though? I mean isn't that a bit similar to saying ND-making will encourage multiscrolling?

Edited by Erica8798

I don't think allowing a transport / trade for a second egg would encourage multiscrolling any more than anything else, but it would ruin the entire point of multiclutching. Multiclutching exists to share eggs. Giving people the ability to profit TWICE off their breedings and making it so that THREE shinies have to be bred in one go for 100% chance of one going to the AP does absolutely nothing to spread the wealth.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

@WraithZephyr

TJ has said hoarding does not exist in the game.

I've started to hoard Vampires, as many as possible - considering I have other breeding projects going and that I still have other dragons to get for scroll completion. CB Vampires never leave my scroll if they don't get auto-abandoned. I know other people who state they hoard some dragon breed, too.

And now you all come and try to tell me that hoarding doesn't exist? Is it because hoarding has some negative nuance and saying "I collect all low-gens I can get my hands on" sounds better to you? If yes, so why is that so, hm?

@pika7

I got a pretty shimmer (albeit a long-lineaged one) sooner after their release than I got my first tinsel, IIRC. I don't really have any DC friends, either. All this drama is over imagined demons and people getting upset when they get turned down for begging. There are lots of nice people in the community, but begging just gets people pissed off at you, yo. Asking politely'll get you miles though!

I cannot speak for the other people, but I have never asked a person on this forum for prize offspring from their cb prize by my own motivation. I only once jokingly asked if there's something I can offer again for another trade, but this didn't happen on this platform. And getting high-gen prizes doesn't seem to be the problem here, it's the low-gens.

And I do not support any suggestions regarding prize dragons, anyway xd.png

@DarkEternity

How is that different from sending eggs from one scroll to another scroll, unless TJ implements a watchdogdragon?

Unless we're using a free teleport as a honeypot, I can't see how giving people a free egg that they can't actually keep (via transfer) wouldn't present a risk. It's not like ND making guarantees you an ND, but a transfer represents a 100% guarantee of receiving two somethings instead of one something if people participate in rulebreaking.

Yeah... nah. I wasn't a big fan of the 'snatch things out of the backlog of the AP' back in the days when people were simply able to control multiple eggs from a multiclutch. I thought teleport was implemented to prevent people using that loophole to control multiple eggs, but a free transfer of a second egg defeat the purpose of that.

Edited by DarkEternity

If we allowed the multiclutch to stay within control of the parents owner, i'd rather prefer the direct "stay on scroll". Any other method would heavily favour people with many online friends over those that play alone. I could bounce multiple such eggs per hour, makin the whole point moot. That's not sharing.

That aside, I can't believe noone sees a problem with ratios vs. multiclutch. I've already laid out how the ratios would make the eggs produced just appear sooner, not more. Yes, you might have more kin that way. Which frustrates people often even more.

Hey. I really like the idea of multi clutches. I don't think prize owners should be able to keep multi clutched eggs, just one, like how holiday breeding works, that way everyone gets a chance at them.

This is my favorite suggestion, and I'd like to see it in combination with new prize dragons every 2 years, 4 year old prize dragons being cycled down to HM prizes, and maybe a slight SLIGHT boost in fertility of the prizes, if any at all.

Regarding some comments I've seen, I'd just like to mention that CB winners - anyone - has a perfect right to keep every single controllable egg that they breed.

However, allowing control over more than one egg from a clutch was not acceptable to TJ or the spirit of the game, involving members sharing the fruits of breeding desirable eggs with the community through the AP, which is why TJ removed the (unintended) ability of people to catch abandoned eggs via codes, and substituted our wonderful Teleport system.

Hey. I really like the idea of multi clutches. I don't think prize owners should be able to keep multi clutched eggs, just one, like how holiday breeding works, that way everyone gets a chance at them.

This is my favorite suggestion, and I'd like to see it in combination with new prize dragons every 2 years, 4 year old prize dragons being cycled down to HM prizes, and maybe a slight SLIGHT boost in fertility of the prizes, if any at all.

My favorite too. smile.gif

I actually like this suggestion, this will be a great way to make sure low gen prizes are acquirable to the common masses of DC.

I'd actually like to see a very low chance of having ALL dragons multiclutch. Like 1% chance of four eggs, 3% for three eggs, 5% for two eggs or something. Maybe all the eggs bred could be the same type, because otherwise I could see the multiclutches of rare breedings (which presumably is a big part of why this is wanted) only giving one rare, which is then kept while all the less desirable eggs are dumped.

I understand the desire some have to keep control of where their lines go (I usually gift eggs via PM to keep them from going to totally random anonymous people), but since we already have holiday breeding and used to have multiclutches, I don't feel this is a wild departure from normal. Also, yes, more messy eggs will be bred, but so will more nice eggs--and with the AP holding eggs until they're comfortably low time, more eggs in the AP isn't really a huge concern anymore.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'm against the idea of prize dragons ALWAYS having to multiclutch. That only enforces the idea that the person who wins it is somehow obligated to share the produce of their dragons with the rest of DC. Popular dragons or not, a prize winner has no obligation to give anything to anyone.

I'm down with it as a BSA, though, because that's a choice to spread the love and not a forced mechanic.

I'm down with it as a BSA, though, because that's a choice to spread the love and not a forced mechanic.

So much this. I couldn't have put it better myself. I personally have some lovely lineages that I try to share as much as I can, but there are others that are projects or lines that I want to intentionally keep private. Given the option to pick which ones might multiclutch would be much preferable to risking my private lines getting thrown all over the place.

I don't think it'd be very useful as a BSA. I breed pretty things to the AP all the time, but I'm not going to take the time to slowly one by one apply a BSA to all of those breedings on top of that.

Agreed!

I'm against the idea of prize dragons ALWAYS having to multiclutch. That only enforces the idea that the person who wins it is somehow obligated to share the produce of their dragons with the rest of DC. Popular dragons or not, a prize winner has no obligation to give anything to anyone.

So much this.

I am fully against anything that takes the control out of a players hand, where their offspring end up.

And this.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I don't think even the holiday dragons ALWAYS multiclutch. I think I have had a few that just bred one egg.

I don't like the idea of multiclutches happening when you don't want them. What if, after months and months and months, you finally trade 4 CB golds to someone for a 2nd gen shimmer, only to hear someone else excitedly yapping about getting a 2nd gen shimmer from the AP without paying anything at all? That doesn't seem fair to you.

If multiclutches for prizes are enabled, there should be a way to disable multiclutches. Or, like said, a BSA that gives a CHANCE of multiclutches.

Or else.... if you have space on your scroll, be able to hold all the eggs for 30 minutes, I think that's the standard time limit for having to pick which egg you keep on your scroll, unless that changed. And during that 30 minute time, make them tradeable.

Have the option to quickly run a lotto, or a speed trade for the eggs. Maybe bump the time up to an hour. That way, you can pick where all the eggs go. In the example above, say the person with the CB shimmer wanted to trade all 2nd gen offsprings away, but couldn't because they all got autoabandoned? They could've gotten more nice things for the other 2nd gen shimmers, but didn't. Instead, the only person that benefited from it was the random person whose finger was quick on the click.

Of course, there's those who wouldn't mind breeding multiple eggs of nice things to the AP, but forcing people to abandon hard-bred eggs to the AP is the wrong way to go. Given how hard it is to breed prizes, going months without breeding any, and then suddenly you breed 4 at once and only get to keep 1 for trade fodder? No.

I don't like the idea of multiclutches happening when you don't want them. What if, after months and months and months, you finally trade 4 CB golds to someone for a 2nd gen shimmer, only to hear someone else excitedly yapping about getting a 2nd gen shimmer from the AP without paying anything at all? That doesn't seem fair to you.

People trade for things others catch all the time. Hey, a cb prize was even caught in the AP.

~

However, after some time since my original reply, I don't think I support this. Either all dragons, including prizes, should multiclutch (which I'm really not sure I want, although with higher time eggs in the AP, it might not be bad) or just holidays as it is now. Prizes are special, yes, but multis will just mean that breeding will be harder later.

Yeah, I don't think they always multiclutch. Even if they produce more than one egg only 50% of the time (which means more than 1 prize even LESS of the time), it would help spread the low gens around, and therefore (and more importantly) help to alleviate the trading problems.

I personally think the prizes were an all round bad idea, but since we have got them we need to remove the MASSIVE effect they have on the trade market. I personally do NOT think prize owners are entitled to the amount of power their CB's offspring give them, nor do I think it was ever TJ's intention that they should have such power; that is unfortunately how the game has evolved. The CB dragon is meant to be the prize, not the endless supply of CB metals/other 2G tinsels/literally-anything-else-they-want that the prize grants.

This is the best suggestion I have seen to try and decrease the value of low gen tinsels, something that is desperately needed to even pretend this game is even remotely fair anymore.

I admit that I was thinking more about spreading the prizes through the community than about the trading value for the raffle winners.

Hell no, it would ruin the trade value. What else are users supposed to trade for absurdly high prices? (I just have a stick up my butt because I can't catch anything worth trading, ignore me)

But in all seriousness, if they were to multiclutch it should only happen rarely, like it did back when all dragons could (if I remember correctly). Or not at all. Special or not, they're able to breed all year round unlike holidays, so they just have the disadvantages of regular rares.

Hmm, I don't know how I feel about this. Prizes are *rare*, what's going to happen when suddenly up to four eggs can flood at one time, as opposed to that taking up to a few weeks? I could see that throwing the ratios way out of whack. Also, would this only be CB prizes, or all of them? Because again, ratios...

It just seems a bit weird, to be honest - prizes breed all year round. I think I'd prefer other solutions to this one.