Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Multi clutch for Prize dragons?

Hell no, it would ruin the trade value. What else are users supposed to trade for absurdly high prices? (I just have a stick up my butt because I can't catch anything worth trading, ignore me)

But in all seriousness, if they were to multiclutch it should only happen rarely, like it did back when all dragons could (if I remember correctly). Or not at all. Special or not, they're able to breed all year round unlike holidays, so they just have the disadvantages of regular rares.

Actually, multiclutches were common, although there could be any number between one and four.

(Edit: they were reduced for a while before we went to the one-egg 'clutch' for non-Holidays, though, if I recall correctly.)

And I'd hate to see them back for regular dragons.

The AP might not Block the Cave anymore, but people now have thousands of dragons, and there are already issues with mass breeds becoming popular among some, along with renewed experiences recently with what seems an endless supply of horribly lineaged eggs circulating around the AP as those hunting pick them up and put them back again, thereby Blocking the eggs behind them from appearing to show that they also are predominately horribly lineaged.

The AP was a lot of fun for a long time, with ER and Incuhatchable eggs, being often CB commons or useful lineages, but if it's already packing up with messies at least some of the time, I'd hate to imagine this multiplied by up to 4.

Edited by Syphoneira

I don't remember if it was this thread or another thread where it was suggested that lower gen breeding be weighted and that if multi-clutching for anything were put in place again that also be weighted. There are some drawbacks, such people trying to breed pretty even gens in high gens having issues getting an egg, but otherwise it was a well received idea.

So, cb dragons would have a slightly better chance of breeding an egg than a 2nd gen, and if multi-cluthing is in place, could breed up to 4 eggs in a clutch.

2nd gen dragons would have a slightly better chance of breeding an egg than a 3rd gen, and if multi-clutching is in place could breed up to 3 eggs in a clutch.

3rd gen dragons would have a slightly better chance of breeding an egg than a 4th gen, and if multi-clutching is in place could breed up to 2 eggs in a clutch.

4th gens would be the baseline, and only able to breed one egg at a time. So 4th gen and up would have the same chance of breeding an egg.

(I think this was the way it was proposed. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't wanna go hunt it up.)

This was suggested mainly for prizes, but I wouldn't object to other breeds being handled this way too.

Actually, multiclutches were common, although there could be any number between one and four.

(Edit: they were reduced for a while before we went to the one-egg 'clutch' for non-Holidays, though, if I recall correctly.)

And I'd hate to see them back for regular dragons.

The AP might not Block the Cave anymore, but people now have thousands of dragons, and there are already issues with mass breeds becoming popular among some, along with renewed experiences recently with what seems an endless supply of horribly lineaged eggs circulating around the AP as those hunting pick them up and put them back again, thereby Blocking the eggs behind them from appearing to show that they also are predominately horribly lineaged.

The AP was a lot of fun for a long time, with ER and Incuhatchable eggs, being often CB commons or useful lineages, but if it's already packing up with messies at least some of the time, I'd hate to imagine this multiplied by up to 4.

Thank you for pointing that out, I don't remember multiclutches very well. Didn't really know what I was doing back then. I'd also kind of dislike seeing them return for normal dragons unless it was very rare. It'd be a mess.

What if, after months and months and months, you finally trade 4 CB golds to someone for a 2nd gen shimmer, only to hear someone else excitedly yapping about getting a 2nd gen shimmer from the AP without paying anything at all? That doesn't seem fair to you.

Isn't that the way it works now with 2g hollies and Cmas from spriter alts?

I've paid nicely to have some holiday lineages bred for me, while the siblings are going to scroll owners who haven't done anything other than get lucky in the AP.

I don't like the idea of multiclutches happening when you don't want them. What if, after months and months and months, you finally trade 4 CB golds to someone for a 2nd gen shimmer, only to hear someone else excitedly yapping about getting a 2nd gen shimmer from the AP without paying anything at all? That doesn't seem fair to you.

On one hand you planned ahead for a certainty. On the other, someone just got lucky. I don't see that as unfair. That's how I handled most of my Christmas eggs this year. Instead of hoping to get nice things in the AP I traded for things I knew I'd enjoy.

Actually, I realized reading the thread that my last post came across as being fully in favor of multi-clutches and the truth is that I'm not particularly. If they come back I think they should come back across the board, not just for prizes. If they come back I'd like to see them slightly weighted toward lower gens.

That's a pretty big IF though. Mostly I don't think they're such a great idea any more.

IMHO, I think multicluth should be implemented, exactly so it would affect the trading value. Sure, this is unfair to prize owners and such, but is it fair that the whole DC userbase gets nothing while only 150 players(assuming from last year) gets tremendously rare dragons? And the thing about prizes is, even though its uniqueness is special, it's also what limits it(the checkers, ugh). Multi-clutching will help to spread the race, and give chances to lucky players who just happen to catch a 2G prize.

Multi-clutching shouldn't always happen, but it should be something that happens most of the time, because really, that was the idea about spreading low-gen prizes around. I agree with the idea that CB should multi-clutch up to 4 eggs, 2G up to 3, 3G up to 2, etc, so that multi-clutch will be slightly manageable.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how this will mess up the ratios. I do believe that prizes' ratios should be raised up, but perhaps still not as high as metallics.

I admit that I was thinking more about spreading the prizes through the community than about the trading value for the raffle winners.

Which is actually the reason I would support this xd.png

I am so sick of VALUE. The ONLY way I would breed for VALUE would be if I saw someone offer something I wanted and that was the ONLY way to get it.

If I win xd.png (Yeah RIGHT...) my eggs would mostly be gifted or carefully APd.

*snip*

However, after some time since my original reply, I don't think I support this. Either all dragons, including prizes, should multiclutch (which I'm really not sure I want, although with higher time eggs in the AP, it might not be bad) or just holidays as it is now. Prizes are special, yes, but multis will just mean that breeding will be harder later.

I have to agree with Sock on that, even if my reasoning is different. Personally, I think that prize breeding will hit its cap sooner or later, independent of multi-clutches. But TJ is pretty strict about treating all dragons the same, as far as this is possible. It's an either - or scenario: Either we get multiclutches for every breed, or not for prizes, either. The only exception to this rule are holiday dragons, which got their exception because they breed true only once a year.

As much as I'd like to see more low-gen prizes spread out, I don't think it's going to happen. And a mechanism that allows low-gen prizes to multiclutch, while not allowing higher gen prizes the same privilege, seems to run contrary to what is the norm for DC. Would such a mechanism be convenient? Definitely. But it doesn't fit into DC at all.

(Yes, I'd still prefer that prizes had never been introduced as a special dragon only a very small number of people can ever have as CB.)

I do believe that prizes' ratios should be raised up, but perhaps still not as high as metallics.

I'm a little confused by this. It appears that you believe prize dragons are more rare than metals, which is not true. Or perhaps you're suggesting that prizes should be more rare than they are now?

Sure, this is unfair to prize owners and such, but is it fair that the whole DC userbase gets nothing while only 150 players(assuming from last year) gets tremendously rare dragons?

Yes, it IS fair that prize winners get tremendously rare dragons since they won them in a completely fair raffle that everyone had a chance to win.

If I won a prize and it multi clutched and I was forced to abandon those eggs, I'd never breed it. I would want to decide where those eggs went...I wouldn't like being forced to hand them over to the multitudes simply because they want it that way.

On one hand you planned ahead for a certainty. On the other, someone just got lucky. I don't see that as unfair. That's how I handled most of my Christmas eggs this year. Instead of hoping to get nice things in the AP I traded for things I knew I'd enjoy.

Actually, I realized reading the thread that my last post came across as being fully in favor of multi-clutches and the truth is that I'm not particularly. If they come back I think they should come back across the board, not just for prizes. If they come back I'd like to see them slightly weighted toward lower gens.

That's a pretty big IF though. Mostly I don't think they're such a great idea any more.

I am kind of wondering what the reasons were for doing away with multi clutches ( With the exception of for holiday dragons) in the first place.

I suspect t the arguements against them would STILL stand?

Or have thing changed enough that the picture is different?

As for the idea itself I don't really feel that strongly opposed to or in favor of it. I am not sure how prize winners feel about this, as I am not currently one myself ( though I can dream, right? wink.gif )I would like the chance to find more pretties in the AP. If I were a prize winner, I am not sure it would stop me from breeding my pretty, all the same,any more than it discourages me from breeding my Christmases, Vals or Halloweens at Holiday time smile.gif ... though some feel differently. ON the other hand, I DO sort of see why someone who traded big for a 2G would NOT necessarily like to hear about someone else 's good luck in finding one free on the AP. THAT said, IF it were implemented, I THINK that I agree with FionaBlueFire that it should be for ALL breeds, not just prizes (AND I am assuming here that commons would be more likely to produce multis than shinies....

Or perhaps they'd produce fewer because they successfully breed more often than the shinies do?

Edited by Silverswift

If I won a prize and it multi clutched and I was forced to abandon those eggs, I'd never breed it. I would want to decide where those eggs went...I wouldn't like being forced to hand them over to the multitudes simply because they want it that way.

I must say - I don't agree there smile.gif Controlling one egg - as with holidays - would do me just fine.

I believe multiclutching was given up because of AP flooding ?

It wouldn't me, Fuzz...and you know why. wink.gif

Yeah, I'm not down with multi clutching for any eggs, except holidays....the AP is already packed....I can't even begin to imagine the mess if there were quadruple the eggs being dumped...

Edited by MedievalMystic

Here is ANOTHER thought I just had.

IF a prize dragon , of ANY gen, were bred to acommon and multi'd, would all the eggs necessarily be shimmer or tin eggies?

Thinking of Holidays, again, IF you breed Christmas to Christmas during their breeding season it is possible to end up with both kinds of eggs.

Couldn't one end up with both shimmers, for example, and shimmerkins from a multi?

ANd... what would THAT wrinkle do for this idea?

Here is ANOTHER thought I just had.

IF a prize dragon , of ANY gen, were bred to acommon and multi'd, would all the eggs necessarily be shimmer or tin eggies?

Thinking of Holidays, again, IF you breed Christmas to Christmas during their breeding season it is possible to end up with both kinds of eggs.

Couldn't one end up with both shimmers, for example, and shimmerkins from a multi?

ANd... what would THAT wrinkle do for this idea?

Depending on the mate, there's every chance you could end up with a clutch of nothing *but* the common breed. It's not something the breeder would have any control over.

IMHO, I think multicluth should be implemented, exactly so it would affect the trading value. Sure, this is unfair to prize owners and such, but is it fair that the whole DC userbase gets nothing while only 150 players(assuming from last year) gets tremendously rare dragons? And the thing about prizes is, even though its uniqueness is special, it's also what limits it(the checkers, ugh). Multi-clutching will help to spread the race, and give chances to lucky players who just happen to catch a 2G prize.

Multi-clutching shouldn't always happen, but it should be something that happens most of the time, because really, that was the idea about spreading low-gen prizes around. I agree with the idea that CB should multi-clutch up to 4 eggs, 2G up to 3, 3G up to 2, etc, so that multi-clutch will be slightly manageable.

^^ This!

Yes, it IS fair that prize winners get tremendously rare dragons since they won them in a completely fair raffle that everyone had a chance to win.

Shouldn't the fact that the prize owners get a very rare Prize CB be enough? To the best of my knowledge, trading value isn't the most important thing. Or is it?

Edited by _Sin_

^^ This!

Shouldn't the fact that the prize owners get a very rare Prize CB be enough? To the best of my  knowledge, trading value isn't the most important thing. Or is it?

For many winners, I suspect having a CB Prize helps level the playing field by allowing them to trade for things they would otherwise have great trouble obtaining due to slow reflexes/poor connections/whatever, such as CB metals/spriter alt lineages/Neglecteds/etc. None of those things are essential for the enjoyment of DC, of course, but they are important goals for many players, not just Prize owners. *shrug* Some Prize owners don't trade, they only gift. And many do a bit of both. It's not *all* about the trade value but there's no denying that it's a boost that some people really appreciate.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Shouldn't the fact that the prize owners get a very rare Prize CB be enough? To the best of my knowledge, trading value isn't the most important thing. Or is it?

NO.

I SO agree with you.

But so often it is sad.gif

To the prize winners, trade value may well be very important. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is.

Sure, this is unfair to prize owners and such, but is it fair that the whole DC userbase gets nothing while only 150 players(assuming from last year) gets tremendously rare dragons?

This kind of thing bothers me. It's like saying it's acceptable to do any individual wrong...treating an individual unfairly... as long as the masses benefit from it and things are fair for them. . Imo, that isn't acceptable at all.

Edited by MedievalMystic

To the prize winners, trade value may well be very important. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is.  

This kind of thing bothers me.  It's like saying it's acceptable  to do any individual wrong...treating an individual unfairly... as long as the masses benefit from it.  Imo, that isn't acceptable at all.

That is the thing, though.

I am NOT quite sure how it WOULD be harming anyone... other than the concern over flooding the AP, that is.

YES it might reduce trade values for 2G prizes, but... aren't those sort of inflated anyway?

They'd still be pretty valuable and desirable, I would think.

I am not QUITE certain I understand the need to control EVERY SINGLE EGG a dragon produces?

I sometimes LIKE to drop my dragon's eggs DELIBERATELY on the AP just to see where they windup... that is just me, of course.

Edited by Silverswift

Every individual is treated exactly the same when the raffle entries are piled up for drawing,. Every individual has the exact same chance of winning.

That is the only "treatment" anyone here is getting - and it is TOTALLY fair.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Every individual is treated exactly the same when the raffle entries are piled up for drawing,. Every individual has the exact same chance of winning.

That is the only "treatment" anyone here is getting - and it its TOTALLY fair.

THIS.

AFAIK, if you got your entries all in, you stand as good a chance as anybody ELSE that got all of theirs in.

I am not QUITE certain I understand the need to control EVERY SINGLE EGG a dragon produces?

Do you like to control every dollar of your paycheck or is it alright for the neighbors to decide what you'll be doing with some of it? Why should DC be any different? If I won a prize, it's MINE and so are it's eggs. I decide where the eggs go, if they go anywhere. Why should anyone else here get to decide for me? Why should anyone here be able to gain from what's mine unless I want them to gain from it? Multi clutching prize eggs takes control away from the prize winner. I'm not down with that at all.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Do you like to control every dollar of your paycheck or is it alright for the neighbors to decide what you'll be doing with some of it?  Why should DC be any different?  If I won a prize, it's MINE and so are it's eggs.  I decide where the eggs go, if they go anywhere.  Why should anyone else here get to decide for me?  Why should anyone here be able to gain from what's mine unless I want them to gain from it?  Multi clutching prize eggs takes control away from the prize winner.  I'm not down with that at all.

Ah! But you still have to pay taxes on your paycheck.

You would ALSO have to pay taxes on it if you won the lottery.

So, NO you DON'T necessarily get to decide what happens to every dollar that you earn.

I would view this as something like that if it were implemented.

NOT saying that I am in favor OR opposed just...

Edited by Silverswift

And I get that money back at the end of the year. I certainly wouldn't be getting auto abandoned prize eggs back would I?

The prize belongs to the winner. Prize eggs belong to the winner. Prize winners alone decide what happens to the eggs and imo, that's how it should stay.

Edited by MedievalMystic