Pokemonfan13

BSA use en masse / Multi-BSA use

(gave this a rewrite to try to explain the idea more clearly)

In essence, this suggestion gives the ability to use a single BSA action many times at once. So if you just picked up 7 eggs, you don't have to use a total of 14 incubates and influences, you can use only 3 actions: 7 incubates at once targeting all your eggs, a number of male influences on the eggs you want male, and a number of female influences on the eggs you want female. It is probably most useful for fertility, as an active breeder can easily have to perform dozens of fertility actions in a sitting.

To simplify the description, I'm going to walk through the process with a single action, but it would be essentially the same with a different BSA.

You go to the “available for BSA” filter page, much like you would normally. At the top of the list of BSA dragons available is a “Use multiple BSAs” link. You click it and it takes you to a page with a link for each BSA that is available for this action. Most likely: Incubate, Influence Male, Influence Female, and Fertility. In this example, we click “Incubate” and are presented a list of our eggs, much like the normal incubate page. The main difference is instead of a link beside each egg to perform the individual action, there is the ability to select each egg that has not yet been incubated and a “submit” button at the bottom. You select all the eggs you want to incubate and hit submit. Each egg is then incubated and the same number of reds are put on cooldown.

For fertility, I almost think you would have to go back to the old view for it. The new view is great for zeroing in on a single dragon you want to use fertility on, but wouldn't be helpful when you're trying to use the action on all the dragons you commonly breed at once.

If you hit “submit” and too many items are selected for the number of that BSA you have available, you would get a message of how many over the limit you are and you would unselect that many items before hitting “submit” again.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I really like the idea, and I get where your coming from with vamps lineages and such!

110% support!

I also think you should allow Expunge too smile.gif

The only reason I'm hesitant about expunge is that it's not a BSA that's going to be frequently used, so there's not really any point in including it. People who regret the creation of zombies aren't likely the type who have made 30 over the years, and even if they do have a lot they're not likely to have an army of soulpeaces to expunge them all at once.

The point of this is to make the BSAs you're constantly using on multiple things at once easier to use.

If it's simpler for TJ, fertility is the only one that really needs this. Incubate and influence, you're using it on 7 eggs at once max, not a huge deal. Fertility you can easily use 30 or more at once if you breed a lot.

I really like this idea <3 I have a little addition idea to it:

Splash. For those with like 30 Shallow Waters it is a pain to have to go through and click them all. It would be nice to just do a check box thing for them!

I like this smile.gif

What about Splash though? It would make things a lot easier for people still trying for that badge - but maybe that would be beside the point?

How compatible would this be with multiple pages of targets, assuming that's a possibility? People have been asking for pagination for purples for a while...

I never remember to try Fertility myself, having not found it very helpful (and a pain searching out appropriate dragons, especially in laggy conditions,) but I can see where this would be WONDERFUL for the many people who do, so I voted that I loved the idea.

Sounds like a good idea to me. ^-^ I can see how it would be soo useful for Fertility users, but I don't much use it. However, I do find that it would be nice to be able to access all my reds from a single page to incubate and be done. It's a simple luxury, but I'd like it. :3

How compatible would this be with multiple pages of targets, assuming that's a possibility? People have been asking for pagination for purples for a while...

I'm not a programmer, so I can't say. The worst case scenario would be the user being limited to doing one page at a time, which would still be infinitely more efficient than the current system.

Ohhh I'd love this for Reds! It's not hard going through one by one but being able to use them on all 7 dragon eggs all at once would be great.

I like this idea. I think I'd use fertility a lot more if it was instituted.

I'm not a programmer, so I can't say.  The worst case scenario would be the user being limited to doing one page at a time, which would still be infinitely more efficient than the current system.

I am a programmer so I can say:

either pagination is based on js (in that case it is easy,as all data is always present - not the current dc way)

or it is based on serverside (its a pain, but still possible - thats the dc way)

Its possible to do, but depending on the way you set it up it could be too expensive to implement.

In general, about possibilties in programming: if you can define it in prose, it can be done.

The costs however will vary, and most of the time the "customers" will have it utterly wrong what is expensive, or what puts a strain on the server, or what uses a lot of diskspace.. So best leave that always out of consideration and to the actual programmers of the site.

Edited by whitebaron

I'd love this! wub.gif Can we add this feature, please? Even merely incubating 7 eggs at once can be quite tedious. (Select red dragon's action page, select incubate, select egg, enter password, click to confirm - that' at least 4 clicks plus one password confirmation for each incubate...)

I would use this to mass incubate all the time. It's a lovely idea. smile.gif

I love this idea, I use Influence the most followed by Incubate and this would save so much time.

I simply filter by BSA and then right-click "actions". It is enough for me. At the same time I see why some people would like to have this smile.gif

Leaving ones like this here so it doesn't have to get added to the list several times. xP

(Unless you'd like for us to do a general BSA suggestions heading in the BSA sticky and then we can move over topics like these?)

Just a pointless question: Would this work with teleport?

I really don't see how it would. Setting up a teleport is much more complex than incubating an egg. The latter leads itself well to being able to do multiple at once, the former does not.