TJ09

2014-02-01 - Raffle Update

backmoonflower, the code is just...adorable.

The codes keep coming. biggrin.gif I also found another silver shimmer in a hatchery, code is Marek

Gee I wonder whose egg that is, hehe

Edit: Found more.

KjkLc bronze shimmer

fjygX bronze tinsel

Also not sure if this is a prize or not but the code looks suspicious. It's currently hidden. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it's a prize if it ever unfogs in the next few days. *peers at another code*

Edited by zaverxi

*sighs*...... Yep still a loser.

Ah well expected as much.

Grats to all the new winners.

Do not say that. Not having won a prise does not necessarily make you a looser. Chin up my friend there may be other prizes soon and you may just get lucky <3

The codes keep coming. biggrin.gif I also found another silver shimmer in a hatchery, code is Marek

ooooohhh thats the name of a dearly beloved lost friend of mine! Will have to stalk it. blink.gif

*addies to my list*

which hatchery you using?xd.png I could join for code hunt

edit: found bronze shimmer

Edited by Hisa

Didn't win, but then again I didn't really expect to win. Oh well~ there's next time ^^

Congrats to everyone that won!

Does anyonoe know if there will be a new egg release for February?

YES VALENTINES DAY DOH!

It really does. I think Prizes have created celebrities / a super elite on DC more than anything else in the game ever has or is ever likely to do, which is kind of a pity. I joined back in 2008, and at that point there was more of a feeling that anyone who played long enough would eventually work their way to the top of the system... not so much anymore. ;___;

There are exceptions to everything, of course, but by and large to get low gen Prizes you have to either be friends with the owners or go ask new owners if they'd be interested in trading just as soon as they announce they've won to have any luck.

Just because I feel like I have to say something here.

*shrug* I don't consider myself a super elite on DC, but apparently others do. I can see why they do, though.

I just tend trade for more 2nd gens so I can gift the 3rd gens, especially considering I hardly play much now. I also want to make a massive even gen using my 2nd gens at some point.

I don't treat prize winners any different to what I'd treat anybody else. Sucking up and any sort of deceiving actions ain't my style. smile.gif

I don't treat prize winners any different to what I'd treat anybody else. Sucking up and any sort of deceiving actions ain't my style. smile.gif

It's not even that people are sucking up to them, I think, so much as the simple fact that they have something very valuable and exclusive that most of us want. Even if everyone approaches them like any other potential trade partner, having dozens of PMs every day and having lots of people know your dragon by name makes you a lot more famous than everyone else here. I don't begrudge them it--goodness knows I'd love to have such fame myself--but at the same time it really does create a top tier that didn't exist before, which is a bit of a bummer. CB Hollies used to be the top dogs of DC, and even those were never as insanely well known or sought after as the Prizes are.

Not just that. Since there are people who hares prize winners, I myself feel need to be strictly and perfectly polite towards them, least of all something ends up sounding wrong. I know it's stupid, but people can get a bit touchy.

Luckily!

My gifting program takes shape... I developed an exact gifting plan and I'm going to start right when Silky grows up... ninja.gif

I'll gift to people who don't own lots or rares right now. The persons I have chosen will be contacted next days...

I'm feeling kind of crazy *lol*

I mean, I just developed a four-step plan to gift the offspring of a bundle of golden coloured pixels...*lol*

I think Prizes have created celebrities / a super elite on DC more than anything else in the game ever has or is ever likely to do, which is kind of a pity.

This is nothing against you, but that mindset boggles me. 'Elite' on DC? Some really see it that way? *shrug* To me, the people that won are just...people that won. Next year, it could be YOU. (general you) They're no better or worse than anyone else on this game. In fact, I have no clue whatsoever who these people even are, and frankly, don't really care. Even if I did know their names, I'd cut my hand off before I'd run begging and pleading to anyone for any egg around here.. I actually feel kind of sorry for prize winners. God, spare me the kind of harassment a lot of them have to deal with... Yeah, just what I'd want...suddenly having so many new 'friends' coming around... Yeesh!

Edited by MedievalMystic

@FortyTwo

lol one would think you're an exception to the rule, since you're *not* a cb prize owner, and I asume angelicdragonpuppy was talking about them xd.png

This is nothing against you, but that mindset boggles me.  'Elite' on DC?  Some really see it that way?  *shrug*  To me, the people that won are just...people that won.  Next year, it could be YOU. (general you)  They're no better or worse than anyone else on this game.  In fact, I have no clue whatsoever who these people even are, and frankly, don't really care.  Even if I did know their names, I'd cut my hand off before I'd run begging and pleading to anyone for any egg around here..  I actually feel kind of sorry for prize winners.  God, spare me the kind of harassment a lot of them have to deal with...

If you have something that can (at least in theory) breed you an egg weekly that's worth 4-5 of the cave's rarest naturally produced dragons, then yes, I'd say that makes you an elite xd.png

It's also a bummer that some of the cave's prettiest dragons (at least to me) can only be used at the starting level by a very small group. For example: I'd love to make a Silver Shimmer x Sunsong checker, but the chances of being able to trade for such an egg--much less the proper mate--much less enough stuff to take it beyond third gen--are close to impossible. Of course there are other pretty breeds to focus on, and I do, but that doesn't make me any less sad that I can't build lineages of my choice with those ones.

Of course, such exclusiveness happens a lot on DC now (sadly)--Old Pinks, past CB Halloweens, differently colored Snow Angels and so forth--but there's a certain comfort in knowing those things are just unavailable period, rather than always having a .001% chance to get them that drives you crazy with hope only to let you down lD;; which is, for most of us, what will always happen--there's always a chance of winning, but it's so little that, again, CB Prizes are always going to be an extremely exclusive group as-is.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

to be honest, I'd want a CB prize Dragon not to just have it, I would definitely use it for trading and getting some of the stuff that is so hard to get.

On the other Hand, having low gen offspring of them would be nice but not that important to me. So it's not too much of a disappointment.

Found some fun codes though, like yenli, uplat, Ninja, Scifi, Sauce, slayr (love it) (changed caps a bit)

and one that has no obvious code to me.

Edited by lilysally

Wow, a lot of stuff going on that I don't think needs my two scents.

I'll just leave my CONGRATS NEW WINNERS! here and slink back to the AP, with the tiny hope someone crazy abandons their Prize.

Seriously, I'm sure all you new winners are over the moon. Also, all the other winners are overjoyed to finally have their eggies!

(I'll trade playtime with a tame fox for a 2ed gen anything...j/k)

Edited by Draco Knight

It really does matter who you know. And in both cases, it's the original owner's choice. I don't think anyone should send hate to either of the new owners because of it just because they ended up with two.

Or to the original owners for not giving it to YOU. Stirring up drama because of it makes you even less 'worthy' of it going to you instead.

In no situation whatsoever is it appropriate to send ANY kind of hate to anyone.

Good post!

In my case, the only person my husband knows on DC is me, so the who you know part *is* relevant to my situation...but I'd say that's not the case for everyone. Had he not gifted his prize to me, it would've just sat on his scroll unused. He doesn't participate on the forum, and he's probably only ever bred mayyyybe a dozen eggs in his two years on DC. He's just not that active.

As for people making hateful comments or causing drama because I have two prize dragons, well, all I can say is..I had just as much chance as anyone else to win. And I just happened to be married to someone who had the same luck and I was able to sweet talk him into his prize. (It actually wasn't that hard...just a few threats about him cooking his own dinner for the rest of his life, etc. JUST KIDDING!)

Drama, though, is unnecessary. And to squelch the "All prize winners want an arm and a leg for a 2nd gen" rumor (or try to...again...) I have to just say "RUBBISH." To be quite honest, a lot of my decisions on who I trade with is not based on what is offered, but rather HOW they offered. Also, how they act on the forums. If a lot of drama surrounds them in the raffle threads, or they've been part of the "prize winners suck" chorus, well, even if they offered me a baby unicorn, I'm not going to trade with them.

Being polite goes a LONG way. Being hateful because you didn't win (not disappointed...I understand that! Trust me, I've been here six years. I'm very familiar with DC disappointment) doesn't get you far at all with me.

*addies to my list*

which hatchery you using?xd.png I could join for code hunt

edit: found bronze shimmer code ~Removed for owner's protection~

I'm using AoND because I like their little view window at the bottom.

And I found a ton more.

~Removed for owner's protection~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

But Danegrrrl, it's a itty bitty baby unicornnn! xd.png

Edit: one of the codes is "night" but I don't remember if it's tinsel or shimmer.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

But Danegrrrl, it's a itty bitty baby unicornnn! xd.png

Edit: one of the codes is "night" but I don't remember if it's tinsel or shimmer.

if I remember right night is a tinsel smile.gif not sure of the color tho I think it was mentioned somewhere on earlier posts

edit: bronze shimmer - found

silver shimmer -found

Edited by Hisa

Drama, though, is unnecessary. And to squelch the "All prize winners want an arm and a leg for a 2nd gen" rumor (or try to...again...) I have to just say "RUBBISH." To be quite honest, a lot of my decisions on who I trade with is not based on what is offered, but rather HOW they offered. Also, how they act on the forums. If a lot of drama surrounds them in the raffle threads, or they've been part of the "prize winners suck" chorus, well, even if they offered me a baby unicorn, I'm not going to trade with them.

I pretty much hold this sentiment as well. I also would like to note that not all CB Prize owners trade for junk for solely themselves. Some of us do it because we want to help out our friends more than just getting junk for ourselves. That isn't to say I haven't traded for my own benefit; I certainly have but gave away much more than whatever I kept. There's also that part where I gave away tons of 2nd gens (in many different manners, most recent new way was a donation to last year's Holly contest). I also know of one other owner who traded for junk just to give it away as well, and not even necessarily to their friends.

I just only keep a list for Prize swaps because it's the only thing I find worth keeping a list for nowadays. I spent a few years breeding my dragon for the users as well as I could. I want to work on my project to just breed him to everything, and everybody else can deal with the fact that that's what I'm gonna do with my dragon from now on. I still sometimes post 2nd gens up for trade or gift them away, so it's not even like it's that much different from before other than the fact that I just don't keep a list for regular trades any longer.

I have a bronze tinsel on my scroll and I guess people thought it was one of the new prize dragons because now it's sick. >< On another note, not all prize owners are asking for crazy trades for offspring. Some aren't even accept trades, they're just adding people who ask nicely. As mentioned earlier being polite goes along way. Why would you be rude anyway? All that would do is shoot you down to the back of the line. Never underestimate the power of please and thank you. smile.gif

Grats to those who won, disappointed I haven't, though.

Maybe next year?