Descripforce

Description Force!

I really hope this Description mod thing is implemented, it would be so cool to see.

Perhaps I will be more interested in reviewing now that reviews seem to actually be helpful!

It's cool to actually watch a description appear on a dragon's page!

I've been right-clicking the dragon to a new tab, then, if I accept, I refresh the dragon, and lo, a pending description has appeared. xd.pngbiggrin.gifwub.gif

Edited by Lagie

Yeah and I just noticed that it now shows a little title says "user description" and it could be distinguish from "Pending User Description". Don't remember whether these titles were out before Mods application but when I saw them I thought they were cool. xd.png

ETA: Can't wait to see how describmods work! Anyone here applied?

Edited by Shelybear

The User Description title showed up about the time the call went out for Description Mods. The Pending one appeared on May 21st with the birthday stuff.

hi guys smile.gif I jsut sent my first description for my only zombie dragon. I was wondering if you could give me some advices about it. The dragon is a zombie, Tutankhamon of the Sands. Code: KqFUn

While his eyes were closing Tutankhamon knew that his friend was doing the right thing. His human was crying, but dragon itself asked to end his pain. However they both didn't know that this illness had an evil gift: a new dark life. Her human, horrified for his new state of madness,  acted on impulse. She grab a dense crystal of life, a sliver big as her fist and she stuck it with all her strength in his heart. The anger remained in the dragon, but a glimmer of awareness illuminated his eyes, too. This is the only reason he didn't attack her, but run away instead. Tutankhamon is now back to the desert, fighting an internal battle between good and evil, to find peace. He found and warned other dragons who had the same disease. Some decided to find the human and do the same thing, refusing to go mad after death. Tutankhamon became the Ancestor of Morti, he’s protecting and guiding them. It doesn't matter what they were in life: Two heads, Wyverns, Wyrms, Easterns. Death makes us equal.

Is the grammar correct? Is it ok to find a solution for zombies madness this way?

(do you like it? xd.png)

thx in advance

Edited by Naruhina_94

hi guys smile.gif I jsut sent my first description for my only zombie dragon. I was wondering if you could give me some advices about it. The dragon is a zombie, Tutankhamon of the Sands. Code: KqFUn

Is the grammar correct? Is it ok to find a solution for zombies madness this way?

(do you like it? xd.png)

thx in advance

I'd do "but ran away instead" but the rest looks fine.

So, I'm starting to describe some of my dragons, but I'm not sure if this one is alright or if it breaks the guideline of "no out of character traits". I was wondering if I could have some advice, please. If this isn't the right place to ask, then I apologize.

A carefree and relaxed soul, Key enjoys nothing more than to lie back and let the currents take her wherever they please. However, she does have one little quirk; if she spots a shipwreck, she makes a beeline for it and can spend many hours combing through these wrecks, in search of valuable treasures.

But it isn't personal greed that motivates these treasure hunts, as a wanderer like her has no need for material possessions that would only serve to weigh her down. Instead, once she has gathered a satisfactory little treasure pile, she carries them to a certain location some distance from the coast and stores them there.

Then, on rare but very specifically selected intervals, she carries these treasures to the surface and passes them on to the waiting Cave Mother and whichever other dragons are accompanying her. From there, these treasures are distributed amongst the rest of the clan.

Key truly loves her clan, even if she rarely sees them.

I think most of it is okay, but the last part of the second paragraph and the whole third paragraph are what's bothering me. Deep Seas don't form attachments to any particular place according to the encyclopedia, and I was wondering if the description of her storage is okay as is, or if I should change it to something else.

Also, the information says Deep Seas only emerge on rare occasions outside of breeding season. I've stated that she only emerges on very rare and specific dates, but should I change it to perhaps a different water dragon collects them instead of her bringing them up?

So, I'm starting to describe some of my dragons, but I'm not sure if this one is alright or if it breaks the guideline of "no out of character traits". I was wondering if I could have some advice, please. If this isn't the right place to ask, then I apologize.

I think most of it is okay, but the last part of the second paragraph and the whole third paragraph are what's bothering me. Deep Seas don't form attachments to any particular place according to the encyclopedia, and I was wondering if the description of her storage is okay as is, or if I should change it to something else.

Also, the information says Deep Seas only emerge on rare occasions outside of breeding season. I've stated that she only emerges on very rare and specific dates, but should I change it to perhaps a different water dragon collects them instead of her bringing them up?

The description itself is fine (though I'd put at rare intervals rather than on!). If you're worried about the non-breed trait, you could perhaps explain it in the description: e.g. Instead, once she has gathered a satisfactory little treasure pile, she carries them to a certain location some distance from the coast and stores them there, for unlike most deep sea dragons, she doesn't mind going ashore now and then.

Thank you very much. I've made a few changes to include your suggestion, which helps immensely smile.gif

It's cool to actually watch a description appear on a dragon's page!

I've been right-clicking the dragon to a new tab, then, if I accept, I refresh the dragon, and lo, a pending description has appeared. xd.pngbiggrin.gif  wub.gif

And the inverse:

Review -> find automatic reject -> open page in a new tab -> "Pending User Description" ಠ_ಠ -> Reject -> refresh, description's gone -> bathe in reviewer power muahahahaha

And the inverse:

Review -> find automatic reject -> open page in a new tab -> "Pending User Description" ಠ_ಠ -> Reject -> refresh, description's gone -> bathe in reviewer power muahahahaha

Yes, I've had that happen as well! xd.png I'm often perplexed how some of those have appeared, in fact, as I don't reject them unless there are many mistakes or they're blatantly just wrong.

I really really really like the new description features and will be more readily and have been more readily reviewing them. I also LOVE the new auto appear of pending good descrips and the ability to report descrips. And if someone has to fix a "minor change" they don't have to reset themselves so far back that they are loathed to do it cuz it will be more likely to reappear quickly! So if for some reason some of the descrips we've run across like "I need a Silver" or "Huzzah Pizza" Or "Various Meme Inserted Here", will be less likely to appear in the mix in the future since, especially now that they could "appear on the site." I know it may seem amusing to some people, but it abuses the services cuz when there is a backlog, you are wasting the time of many many many people and leaving many many many people waiting. This helps alleviate a lot of that for many reasons. I'm not looking to report people, but don't be silly, because I don't want to have to leave the comment that may be hard to word as nicely as it should be, and I don't want to have to send a separate PM for potential description abuse.

I think this fixes a whole lot of the good and bad at once.

Since I have a bit of free time until I can get my hands on the remote and watch referendum results all night, I am reviewing a few descrips. Here's some of the more... unusual ones.

this is a underwater dragon

my first dragon smile.gif

This dragon can teleport certain things throughout the realm, as long as it's not bread. There's something about baked flour-and-water mix that gives off "bad vibes". According to CS7, due to the complicated magic stuff involved, teleporting bread may cause it to grow tumors. Teleportation on any living individual may cause tumors as well, but bread in particular is supposedly very dangerous, and CS7 will not teleport it.

Tabs, I hope you know that it is very painful to snort lemonade through one's nose.

awesome

Strut has the dream of becoming the very first dragon fashion model. With his unique blend of yellow spots and his characteristic strut, he hopes to bring the world of dragon fashion into the spotlight. He has modelled accessories from Rogue and Dragonista, and is hoping to release a new line of perfumes in the coming months. Though he loves living the high life, he favourite past time is snuggling with his mum and sunbathing with some of the other hatchlings in his clan.

This is adorable.

this is a cloud dragon give it a chance to help you sore above the clouds

I saw that last one, too, Ansela. Talk about an amusing facepalm moment. A few descriptions later, I found;

smile.gif

Just that. No words, just a smiley face. unsure.gif

Am I the only one who keeps running across dragons who have the breed description in the dragon description?

Am I the only one who keeps running across dragons who have the breed description in the dragon description?

Nope, they're something that pop up every now and then.

No, you're not the only one. I get them in my queue regularly.

I have a question. Present participles. There are a handful of descriptions that say something like, "every morning, he is soaring over the lake". I've suggested "he soars over"/"he is found soaring over", but I can't come up with a reason why those are worded better other than "It sounds better".

Yay, I love sharing interesting descriptions (and thanks, AJ).

I hope this was a case of the writer erasing their description and forgetting a character.

ok

The owner of this scroll's new-yet-still-crappy phone had a moveable wallpaper option and she was able to choose a galaxy wallpaper. The wallpaper is supposed to appear as if it is moving through stars, and it reminded the owner of the song, "O Magnum Mysterium". The galaxy wallpaper matches the wings of this dragon.

This was a pending description (until I rejected it).

Very pale

I have a habit of grinding threads to a halt with one post

Working party, joining our efforts to achieve a shared goal

I have a question. Present participles. There are a handful of descriptions that say something like, "every morning, he is soaring over the lake". I've suggested "he soars over"/"he is found soaring over", but I can't come up with a reason why those are worded better other than "It sounds better".

I usually correct those, asking the person to 'tweak for better English'.

Hm, how many people still frequent the IRC channel?

Haven't been there in a while...

Still reviewing regularly!

Would you maybe check in if there... was perhaps a... reason to be around there? Say, a (few?) mods decided to visit it? Say, because they're... interested in descriptions?

EDIT: *hint hint nudge nudge* Will provide dates when they're cemented.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler