Descripforce

Description Force!

Would you maybe check in if there... was perhaps a... reason to be around there? Say, a (few?) mods decided to visit it? Say, because they're... interested in descriptions?

tongue.gif Of course! The last few times I went in, though, no one was there.

I've been busy, and I've also found that I have increasingly less to contribute when I do show up (which is as much due to me as to anyone else). I find it hard to be motivated to show up if I know I'll probably just wind up idling until I get marked as away.

I've made it a habit to log into there at least a few hours a day but mostly evening or late evening.

Hm, how many people still frequent the IRC channel?

I've had a jam-packed summer and now Internet unreliability so I haven't been around but there's definitely still a few steady regulars and then those who drop in every so often! I can't wait to hear about those "dates", hopefully my Internet problem will be sorted by then. tongue.gif

I made it thru five descriptions! (Look, I am a much better promoter, but I thought I'd at least go do a few of them!)

My point being to anyone who may be a little hesitant to look at reviewing descriptions, here is a few things to think about:

1. There is more than one way to help. You can put one of their nifty sig buttons/banners and talk about it with other people. Writing descriptions is really fun for some people, as well as reviewing. If you know someone who enjoys writing or grammar or language, let them know! (It's another way to enjoy the game outside of the normal mechanics of just collecting, breeding, hatching and hunting and gives the dragons and players and game a very special unique flavor! But Not Bread Flavor. No Bread Dragons!)

2. If you can only do a few reviews at a time, that is ok. If one gets big and scary and you don't know what to do and causes you to freak out or something (look, grammar and some descriptions sometimes cause me to feel a bit anxious, So I am certain other people might too!), it's ok to close out and reload up to get a different one or take a break. With the new system features, any backlog isn't quite the same as it is easier to see various "pending" descriptions. But all help is loved and the people here are great and if you just love digging in and doing this for hours, you deserve cookies!

3. Encourage people to Turn on Temporary Descriptions So they can see more Descriptions if they haven't already! The more people who can see descriptions and read them the more the fun spreads!

Ok I posted something. My job is done. I just like to say hi here once in awhile because much love to the people here and the people who watch and the people who do both the writing and reviewing, no matter how much you do!

Did some mod decide to go on a approving spree? Because I came back to find all of my pending descriptions modded. Thank you so much to whoever took the time! (Socky?)

Did some mod decide to go on a approving spree? Because I came back to find all of my pending descriptions modded. Thank you so much to whoever took the time! (Socky?)

Likely. I woke up yesterday to find all of my pending descriptions had also been approved, so whoever went on a modding spree... thank you very much from me!

By the way... I'm in the IRC right now with no one to talk to...

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

You're welcome, guys. ninja.gif

I had a bit of time yesterday waiting on my dad to get back from work, so I went through a couple users with a ton of pending descriptions.

Edit: Also, if someone needs descriptions handled (preferably people with TONS pending) please PM me and I'll take care of it for you!

Double-edit: I (and one or multiple other mods, no idea who) got the description queue down to under 15,000 from just under 19,000.

Edited by Earth Gurl

Aileen loves to appende the letter "e" to thee ends of words, seeminglye arbitrarily. She says ite makes text fancy and cool ande gives it an olde timee feel, and also helps her homeworke meet the lengthe requirements. Here instructors at the academy accepte the occasional misspelling theire students make, since spellinge standards aren't sete in stone. However, they're tirede of seeing whate one thick-horned wizarde considers "an insult to those who try and the language itself", and they mark downe Aileen's papers in red ink and holde conferences with her in ae (failed) combinede effort to make her stop spelling things ase she pleases.

Moderator Reject: I love these, I really do. But I just don't think misspellings like this are approved description material. I would suggest taking to the forums and looking for additional mod consensus.

Yo. I wanna say that I've gotten away with purposefully bad spelling and grammar in the past. Would it be more acceptable if I toned down the eyesore?

I've had a jam-packed summer and now Internet unreliability so I haven't been around but there's definitely still a few steady regulars and then those who drop in every so often! I can't wait to hear about those "dates", hopefully my Internet problem will be sorted by then. tongue.gif

With as many mods interested in mass reviewing as there are, we've had to push dates back to accommodate everyone's schedule. I'll check back in with you guys near the end of August. ^^

Double-edit: I (and one or multiple other mods, no idea who) got the description queue down to under 15,000 from just under 19,000.

That was Rainstar. I saw her in IRC yesterday and she was going through descriptions so...

Thank you to both EG and Rainstar for reviewing dexcriptions!

Yo. I wanna say that I've gotten away with purposefully bad spelling and grammar in the past. Would it be more acceptable if I toned down the eyesore?

I was thinking just add e's to fewer words. I was trying to be consistent (and I think I accepted another purposefully bad grammar description that wasn't as hard to read, and rejected one where in almost every word, the letters were rearranged). I appreciate creativity in descriptions, but sometimes it's hard to tell if it adheres to the guidelines, and I also think about how it would appear on the view page. Not to mention many people miss the point that just think it was an accident.

By the way, your descriptions were absolutely slaying me. You're amazing.

Let me know when you've resubmitted, and I'll re-review it. smile.gif Or, if Sock or another mod has a different opinion, just resubmit, and I'll accept as-is.

Edited by Earth Gurl

I was thinking just add e's to fewer words. I was trying to be consistent (and I think I accepted another purposefully bad grammar description that wasn't as hard to read, and rejected one where in almost every word, the letters were rearranged). I appreciate creativity in descriptions, but sometimes it's hard to tell if it adheres to the guidelines, and I also think about how it would appear on the view page. Not to mention many people miss the point that just think it was an accident.

By the way, your descriptions were absolutely slaying me. You're amazing.

Let me know when you've resubmitted, and I'll re-review it. smile.gif Or, if Sock or another mod has a different opinion, just resubmit, and I'll accept as-is.

Done, took out a great deal of e's. Thanks!

I should've mentioned earlier, I was browsing through all of my dragons' now-accepted descriptions, and multiply that number by like, 100 is how many the mods had to go through. I really appreciate your work. biggrin.gif

I just checked my dragons with pending descriptions and ALL of them were sorted (and all but one were approved, to boot). That made my day, thank you so much mods.

Or, if Sock or another mod has a different opinion, just resubmit, and I'll accept as-is.

Nope, I'm good with the call you made. :3

Done, took out a great deal of e's. Thanks!

I should've mentioned earlier, I was browsing through all of my dragons' now-accepted descriptions, and multiply that number by like, 100 is how many the mods had to go through. I really appreciate your work. biggrin.gif

Yeah you had about 450 or so that I went through. smile.gif They were so great.

and I remember yours too alupe99a. I'm glad I could help a bunch of you out.

Thanks Sock. I'll go read it and accept it sometime tonight.

saw this description for a hooktalon

"Hookta and Lon are known for growing a putrid plant, then burning the leaves and inhaling the smoke. At first they would simply roll a leaf, light the end, and suck in the smoke, but since they have designed some complex tools to funnel the smoke into their nostrils. Their habit gives them an incessant cough and odd maladies of the lungs. As well as dissuading other dragons from being friends of Hookatlon, they must regularly visit white dragons for treatment. Even they hate their habit, but despite their best efforts to talk each other out of it they still persist. Rumor has it their medical treatments are getting increasingly frequent and more challenging to fix. They often smoke pipes in the evenings while leaning out of windows and wearing sleeves torn from human shirts on their forelimbs, which has fascinated a lunar herald who often walks about during such times.

Lon has a crush on Named, and although Hookta calls him stupid he secretly "likes" the lindwurm's other head, Unnamed."

It mentions drugs? and wearing human clothing which I really don't think would be an appropriate dragon description

It mentions drugs? and wearing human clothing which I really don't think would be an appropriate dragon description

Just for the record I have many, MANY approved descriptions of dragons partaking in fermented fruit and intoxicating herbs (or my druggie dragons to quote Dimar). Nothing wrong with that per se, people smoke and drink and we don't cesor taht in kids media. Just think of the cider episodes in My Little Pony. And clothes - why not? My dragons normally don't wear anything but I have some who like hats for example.

Just because it's not your idea of dragons doesn't mean it's inappropriate wink.gif

Edit because of typos

Edited by herk

Just for the record I have many, MANY approved descriptions of dragons partaking in fermented fruit and intoxicating herbs (or my druggie dragons to quote Dimar). Nohiing wrang with that per se, people smoke and drink and we don't cesor taht in kids media. Just think of the cider episodes in My Little Pony. And clothes - why not? My dragons normally don't wear anything but I have some who like hats for example.

Just because it's not your idea of dragons doesn't mean it's inappropriate wink.gif

okay i'll just abstain on that description then

Hello~ I just added a description (after editing it a few times) to my first dragon (A Ridgewing that hatched on the last day of it's lifespan, name: LUCKY07, code: AKhto) was wondering if I did the grammar correctly?

"This dragon had been found at the bottom of a ridge, clearly having fallen out of it's nest. Alone and forgotten, it was on the brink of death, when a kind traveler came across it. Nursing the egg the best they could, the egg finally hatched! The hatchling loved to play, and would not leave the traveler alone. 2 years went by, and the hatchling grew into a handsome Ridgewing. The traveler decided to name this dragon Lucky, to reflect his near death experience, and bring him along on their travels to befriend more dragons for them to play with"

Hello~ I just added a description (after editing it a few times) to my first dragon (A Ridgewing that hatched on the last day of it's lifespan, name: LUCKY07, code: AKhto) was wondering if I did the grammar correctly?

"This dragon had been found at the bottom of a ridge, clearly having fallen out of it's nest. Alone and forgotten, it was on the brink of death, when a kind traveler came across it. Nursing the egg the best they could, the egg finally hatched! The hatchling loved to play, and would not leave the traveler alone. 2 years went by, and the hatchling grew into a handsome Ridgewing. The traveler decided to name this dragon Lucky, to reflect his near death experience, and bring him along on their travels to befriend more dragons for them to play with"

I only see a few grammar issues. ^^

out of it's nest -> out of its nest

of death, when -> of death when

to play, and would -> to play and would

2 years -> Two years

experience, and bring -> experience and bring

play with -> play with.

If you have questions about any of the corrections I made, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to explain!

(And if anyone notices any mistakes of mine, flick me. xP )

experience, and bring -> experience and bring

play with -> play with.

Thank you for the assistance, but just to let you know, the part about Lucky's near death experience is just added info, since the sentence can be understandable without it. If I remember from my English classes, that part would be in commas. That, I'm pretty sure about.

Thank you for the assistance, but just to let you know, the part about Lucky's near death experience is just added info, since the sentence can be understandable without it. If I remember from my English classes, that part would be in commas. That, I'm pretty sure about.

Oh, haha, yeah, that's why you always read the whole thing and not just go in for the details. That comma is fine (but the sentence does need to end with a period).