Descripforce

Description Force!

Having read it first without context, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary - well, there is, but there's no (good) reason to reject the description. smile.gif One could say either party is lying about when they found the egg, or it happened so long ago that Valerika's origins are mythical, or both stories are true and she is just mysterious in nature, or magic...

"Where she is now, no one can say" would remove 2nd-person from the description

That's good, thank you biggrin.gif And thanks for the correction!

Made a banner. Feel free to chuck it into your signature.

user posted image

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=158360][img=https://i.imgur.com/bUnHI7R.png][/url]

Made a banner. Feel free to chuck it into your signature.

user posted image

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=158360][img=https://i.imgur.com/bUnHI7R.png][/url]

Oooh, that's pretty. =o

Hm, maybe I can review some descriptions this weekend. I don't think we're hosting more visitors, so I'll have more time.

Finished terraes thanks to Lagie!

You're welcome! xd.png

Wow it's been so long since anyone posted here...

*off to come up with some description ideas*

Found this thread this morning. dry.gif Spent the next while reviewing. It was pretty fun, though! I'll be doing more later.

Final tally for the morning:

Accept - 11

Abstain - 2

Reject - 16

I find I am verbose, so when I can, I sign off with CNR.

Edited by CafeNaRigara

I find I am verbose, so when I can, I sign off with CNR.

When I see "CNR", I think of

. I presume you are that awesome.

Oh! Tallying is fun. The queue looked very good today.

Accept: 73

Abstain: 33

Reject: 18

When I see "CNR", I think of
. I presume you are that awesome.

Oh! Tallying is fun. The queue looked very good today.

Accept: 73

Abstain: 33

Reject: 18

I'll be honest, I don't think so.

There were some fun descriptions today, that's for sure! One of my favorites was a poem someone wrote for a Black Marrow.

Edited by CafeNaRigara

As I was flitting through descriptions, I cam across one that was one word.

"Rou"

Gee man, thanks for writing this!

My tally as of now (for tonight)

Approve: 11

Abstain: 5

Reject: 4

Some of these have made me wanna go write my own few descriptions, time to go bomb the queue with my dergs.

Also: this is for grammar freaks like me. I identify with it so much...

Edited by EmmaD333

Emma, these might make you feel better, word-for-word:

(First Generation)

she's a princess! tryed to breed and went perfectly fine please give veiws

I AM A PILLOW PILLOWnbsp;nbsp;PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOWV PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOWVVVVV PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW PILLOW JK NOT A PILLOW

Anak ni Alexander the Great

I am like robinhood, except I make bridges

Ellay

Y U DED

I have a hose and i am gonna make you wet

I went through some descriptions.

I can be a little tough on descriptions since I am a writer myself and I'm a huge critic. I usually "abstain" on descriptions if there is a typo/grammatical incorrectness. However, I'll state the typos/fails and say "correcting this is an automatic +1 from me". Rejects are for people literally describing their dragon's breed/"So and so is a fierce and loyal dragon"/"So and so guards/protects everyone!"

Those two descriptions always bore me because people just leave it at that and it's incredibly tiresome to read for every other description.

Accept: 9

Abstain: 7

Reject: 9

I think I just got a bad batch tonight. But I did have quite a few amazing ones. One that really sticks out was the one that started off by talking about how other dragons hoard gems and all that other stuff... except Canoe. Canoe just hordes a single canoe. Not the exact name/what the dragon hoards, but it gives the idea. Genuinely made me laugh.

How do I join?!? xd.png

Start reviewing! smile.gif No joining rules needed.

(Oh, and pick an abbreviation if you want to sign your reviews.)

I'm running through some more descriptions tonight while I take a break from an OR/AS speedrun.

Accept: 22

Abstain: 3

Reject: 9

I had a lot of bad descriptions early on, this morning.

Most of the rejects are very poor quality descriptions or ones falling under just plain plagiarism. It's an unfortunate waste of time when the description is literally a copy-paste of the official description. A few fell under my abstain category, but most were rejects for the first 30 minutes or so. Thankfully, I was able to power through and write accept for most of the rest and let me say, it made it easy for me since I could just pull up one of my "Wow this is really great" responses, rather than have to write out a really long comment saying how it needs improvement.

But god... there was this one that made me fall out of my chair laughing.

AAAAAA DEADDD HALP

I honestly felt bad for rejecting it, but I made sure and let the user know that they honestly made my night.

I've been at this for 3 hours now, so I am gonna take a break since I am a little burned out.

I can be a little tough on descriptions since I am a writer myself and I'm a huge critic. I usually "abstain" on descriptions if there is a typo/grammatical incorrectness. However, I'll state the typos/fails and say "correcting this is an automatic +1 from me". Rejects are for people literally describing their dragon's breed/"So and so is a fierce and loyal dragon"/"So and so guards/protects everyone!"

I'm a description curmudgeon, and I like the way you work. tongue.gif I've been seeing a bunch of sash-council dragons and "common/uncommon" residents of a park, and I'm grinding my teeth. (E.g. "The alpha male of our park's very common magelight pygme dragons")

I think I just got a bad batch tonight. But I did have quite a few amazing ones. One that really sticks out was the one that started off by talking about how other dragons hoard gems and all that other stuff... except Canoe. Canoe just hordes a single canoe. Not the exact name/what the dragon hoards, but it gives the idea. Genuinely made me laugh.

Hey, that is possibly mine! biggrin.gif I liked the idea of a dragon having no idea what to do with a decrepit, waterlogged boat other than stand on it like someone important.

Speaking of batches, this last one was excellent.

Approve: 41

Abstain: 10

Reject: 5

"GeorgeForeman: Cookin Patties like DAYUM"

"I AM NOT A RUG: Once, when she was very young, she was mistaken for a throw rug and stepped on. She wants to be sure no one will ever make that mistake again."

"Sunserehn: Sunserenh[sic] is a Party is starter, and by Party, i mean dragon crazy time where everything goes boom-boom, FLAMEY-FLAMEY! Whoo! and ROAAARRR, The Secon Dragon on this scroll and easily the most outgoing on it. [...]"

"Pot-OOOOOOOO: His name is potatoes."

Oh I think I got that one! Except it was Riverboat, not canoe. For me, at least.. It was really neat, I enjoyed it.

I'm a description curmudgeon, and I like the way you work. tongue.gif I've been seeing a bunch of sash-council dragons and "common/uncommon" residents of a park, and I'm grinding my teeth. (E.g. "The alpha male of our park's very common magelight pygme dragons")

Combine all words together for the ultimate sandwich of "I've seen this 100 times before..." I'm not against using those words, but I am against using those words and those words only. If your only description for your dragon sounds like it came off Wikipedia, then I'm marking it as a reject and telling you that you need to make your description better. This is how your middle grade school teacher does it and that's how I'll do it, as well. It's a low-effort description that had no time or personality put into it. It is a literal blank slate that a good percentile of the descriptions in queue currently consist of.

Hey, that is possibly mine! biggrin.gif I liked the idea of a dragon having no idea what to do with a decrepit, waterlogged boat other than stand on it like someone important.

Oh I think I got that one! Except it was Riverboat, not canoe. For me, at least.. It was really neat, I enjoyed it.

Correct! It was Riverboat. I wasn't sure who the owner was and if they wanted their actual dragon's name out or not. I went ahead and checked your scroll to make sure it was the same breed and I was pleased. What are the chances, eh?

But I very genuinely enjoyed it. I honestly wish that I had the ability to publish it just so it can be seen by others. It is one of my favorite descriptions so far, just due to the light and silly nature of it and how it takes a step away from other descriptions.

"Sunserehn: Sunserenh[sic] is a Party is starter, and by Party, i mean dragon crazy time where everything goes boom-boom, FLAMEY-FLAMEY! Whoo! and ROAAARRR, The Secon Dragon on this scroll and easily the most outgoing on it. [...]"

What is going on here? Lol

Edited by Charu

I write and review descriptions all the time to (hopefully but probably not) move things along, and I typically just sign off with Clya or sometimes ~C if I'm busy and going through a bunch.

I've seen a variety of extremely well written and some quiet ridiculous descriptions, for the most part if it describes the dragon I'll approve it, but if it just says random things (or for that matter isn't even a complete sentence) I'll abstain or reject it.

Ugh, just came across a few that are just the breed description pasted in. mad.gif

I didn't even sign, just rejected.

Tabs, I just reviewed your description for your Blacktip, Amphibiology. I want to meet her! Can I?

Count: 13 approved, 11 rejected.

Some are just ludicrous, unfortunately...

A humpback naive, at age three she would stumble coyly up from pharmacy and archival basements, mewling and murmuring for a scratch between the ears or a peppermint anemone. Despite virulent efforts, myriika's affection was sparse and she found constance only on the mane-tossing shore. Imbued with a relentless, flickering need for intimacy; myriika, as if some deoxygenated diver, mercury-fed carpenter; scoured the black, red, dead seas and found no friend. Clear waters and murky intents. Myriika grew sickened. She keeps afloat by the subordinate luxury of her modest dynasties' green oceantub, she turns her birthmark-esqe naivety to azure salamander-like passion towards the watermarked halos of ship crusted saints who dove single mindedly into the waves. Told and retold through Norwegian Angel, and father beast; tongue. She lilts her wisdom-time philosophies and touchstone morality into crude clasped monoliths, imprinting ama duem et fac quod vis into ocotillo and crowfeet wrinkles.

I'm not sure I understand. This is a little too complex, I guess. huh.gif

EDIT: On a female Waterhorse, if that helps.

Edited by Meg_752

I'm not sure I understand. This is a little too complex, I guess. huh.gif

EDIT: On a female Waterhorse, if that helps.

Honestly, it feels like Lewis Carroll's writing. I can't get it all, but it seems like a rough translation would be...

"The dragon was starved for attention, but aside from coming up occasionally, would not seek it. She only found solace on the shore, and became disgusted with the world. She went into the ocean and sought friends and love among the shipwrecks, carving what she knew on rocks."

I got some no-comment Rejects on this description and I'm a little puzzled about it. Can't figure out what's wrong with it. For Aquaregia Vorare, a G2 Gold from Desipis:

"This Gold female is the subject of many rumors among the other sapient Breedery residents. The mere fact that she exists is vaguely sinister, given that her parents do not at all get along in public - surely Resplendence would have refused Soulhunger, even if he got over his disdain for the Gold female enough to pursue her. Yet Aquaregia is plainly their daughter. Whispers allege some sort of secret affair, or something even darker and weirder. Other rumors concern magic; she has never been caught in the act, but many dragons believe her to be an accomplished caster of hexes, curses, and bewitchings. Odd, negative happenstances are often blamed on her - though never within her earshot. Some even claim that she hunts and eats smaller, weaker dragons. Aquaregia has an unsettling aura, and her golden face often bears the smile of one who knows a dangerous, powerful secret. Aquaregia has taken a Desipis mate and is fully accepted among the Vorare Clan as one of their own."

I mean, yeah, it's kinda dark, but no moreso than those I've written for other Vorare clan members, which get accepts, or for some of my vampires or Halloweens. And it doesn't contradict any canon species information about Golds - their species desc just says that their golden scales are thick and strong enough to give them significant protection in battle and that they are the species most often killed by humans, namely to get those scales. So I'm not contradicting any canon of Golds as being all sweetness and light - if anything their species info implies that they'd probably have a collective persecution streak and/or be pretty martially oriented (if only by necessity). Is there something I'm missing?

Throwing aside that they could be random rejects, my guess would be that people found the implied rape to be too inappropriate for the nature of DC. I have to say I'm also really uncomfortable with it, although I'd have to confer with other mods for a final decision on if it's approvable or not.