Descripforce

Description Force!

I'm back guys. Sorry for disappearing for so long, but I was really struggling with school. I have since been diagnosed with ADD and am now getting treatment. I'm going to start reviewing again and will begin pushing for some sort of review system.

There will probably not be any events in the forseeable future until I'm able to convine with the other mods and figure out what makes sense with our schedule and DC's schedule.

I think I saw that one! xd.png

Love the cartoon. Did you draw that, Tabs?

(Ooh, and enjoyed your Lego dragon. laugh.gif )

Yup! It was for something else, but it was appropriate for the "it's" thing.

That description has 13 Accepts (a record!). biggrin.gif

Hi, brair. I think I found a description of yours in the queue and wanted to put a welcome message in there. The suggestions/requests forum has a couple of threads regarding reviewing, but I don't think they've gone anywhere.

Yup! It was for something else, but it was appropriate for the "it's" thing.

That description has 13 Accepts (a record!). biggrin.gif

Hi, brair. I think I found a description of yours in the queue and wanted to put a welcome message in there. The suggestions/requests forum has a couple of threads regarding reviewing, but I don't think they've gone anywhere.

Do you remember which dragon it was for? I don't even know which dragons I described anymore

Not at all, unfortunately. Can't even remember what it was about except I thought it was very nice.

Not at all, unfortunately. Can't even remember what it was about except I thought it was very nice.

That's alright smile.gif found one of your deep seas this morning I really enjoyed reading it.

Found on a Caligene dragon today. Author unknown, but directed to here in a comment.

Her red eyes glistened malevolently. The Desipis dragon standing before started sweating profusely, locking its knees in fear. "O-oh G-g-g-od...." it whispered as she came out of the underbrush. "You weak, weak, dragon. Killing for sport when you don't know who owns your prey." "W-who are y-you" the Desipis muttered. She cackled. "I am Castelle Lockwood, the queen of this forest, and your new master." She glared into his soul, filling him with paranoia. "From now on, you do everything I say, or I'll give you something FAR worse than death." The black and orange dragon resisted."Alright then. Guess I'll have to do this the HARD WAY." Her gaze pierced into the now-victimized dragon, making chills run up its spine, into its brain, giving Castelle full control of the Desipis. It fell to the ground, eyes rolling to the back of their sockets, and stood up. "NEW COMMAND NECESSARY....MASTER" it monotonously dialogued.

"Dance for me, peasant."

It's just way too overpowered, and the lack of paragraphs makes it hard to read.

I found a great comment on one of my submitted dragons.

It is rumored Roller Coaster Tycoon World came from a prestigious family before an 'Infogrames' bit his egg and turned him into the bloodthirsty creature he is today. Indeed, his very name seems to show it; older dragons can recall a time where 'RCT' was a sign of prestige, of promise - now he merely slips around the trees, looking for any unsuspecting dragon he can find to suck dry.

USER COMMENTS

Accept: i think might be a commentary on Roller Coaster Tycoon, but I could be wrong. If that is the case however, Bravo!

Yes, random person, you are absolutely right! I was directly insulting """Atari"""" with this one. Long live Planet Coaster! biggrin.gif

I haven't done this for years - I've forgotten how fun it could be. biggrin.gif I have no idea who the authors of these are, of course, so if someone wants me to remove something from the post, let me know.

It's about a male Pink:

Pinky might seem to be to be a girl, but if you ask him " Are you a girl ", he simply responds " Are you a donkey " and then roars in your face " DO I LOOK LIKE A GIRL TO YOU!!! " and, if you ask him even the slightest bit rudely, he'll drag you all the way back to the Glebia cave and tell every single dragon what happened, so, if I were you, would NOT even ask him " Are you a girl ", and definantely not rudely!

It really made me laugh.

It's mysterious, who knows what powers it contains Great use for defending it's friends

This one speaks for itself. Or rather - it does not. biggrin.gif

This one is about a male Skywing called with a feminine name:

His parents mistook him for a girl- he doesn't like to talk about it. Even though he likes making friends, he often avoids telling them his name, or makes up a new name. This has led to trouble, and a lot of confusion, since his friends know him by different names.

Beasonal never was the hero, he never got the girl, he never was the popular one. He was Beasonal. He thought I was the best thing since sliced bread when I raised him. Now he knows that he wasn't the first egg that I picked and he wasn't everyone's favorite.

When he was younger he used to fly around and fall most of the time because of his huge tail. He had to grow into his tail but never did. He tried to take his shield-tail off but that hurt him.

Now he carries me to the cave because he is a stalker and he likes to be protective but I try to tell him that I'll be okay but he won't listen.

And this one is just sad. Or disturbing. Or both. biggrin.gif

And this one is just sad. Or disturbing. Or both. biggrin.gif

That last one is in fact an automatic reject due to the use of first person (I, me, my).

That last one is in fact an automatic reject due to the use of first person (I, me, my).

Yeah, I rejected it for that very same reason. But the overall thing is very strange, too.

Brair - Lady Chanticleer's new goal in life is to never let an egg or hatchling go without maternal care. Should I edit that in?

Brair - Lady Chanticleer's new goal in life is to never let an egg or hatchling go without maternal care. Should I edit that in?

You can if you wan. Its not needed but it was something that made me curious o3o

*pointing excitedly over at TJ's news thread*

The potential of description mods might be enough to get me back into actively reviewing, haha. I didn't get back into it after my hiatus last year because I felt burned out and wanted to wait for changes in the system to come up... fingers crossed?

There would certainly be a mass reviewing event if/when description mods are established, I think. tongue.gif

I am so excited about the new potential descrip mods and what this means for dragon descrips and how much more we can do with this function if its put into place. I hope everyone who participates in this thread who has any interest applies cuz participation in this thread certainly shows a strong ongoing interest for that position prior to it being created!! Good application mention :-)

Perfect. I review when I'm in the mood, and I have come across some very humorous descriptions.

*pointing excitedly over at TJ's news thread*

The potential of description mods might be enough to get me back into actively reviewing, haha. I didn't get back into it after my hiatus last year because I felt burned out and wanted to wait for changes in the system to come up... fingers crossed?

There would certainly be a mass reviewing event if/when description mods are established, I think. tongue.gif

*happy dances* This is awesome news! biggrin.gif

I am so excited about the new potential descrip mods and what this means for dragon descrips and how much more we can do with this function if its put into place. I hope everyone who participates in this thread who has any interest applies cuz participation in this thread certainly shows a strong ongoing interest for that position prior to it being created!! Good application mention :-)

I, too, am extremely excited! I gave up on describing and even on reviewing as often as I used to because the queue was impossibly long. I hope this comes to fruition!

EXCITED CLAPPING

"No guarantee", he says, but I hope having description mods becomes a thing!

So, I guess my question is this: Descriptions haven't been reviewed by moderators? I haven't been active for so long.

From what it sounds like, the answer is yes...

So, I guess my question is this: Descriptions haven't been reviewed by moderators? I haven't been active for so long.

From what it sounds like, the answer is yes...

The problem is that there are thousands of descriptions pending so they can't get through all of it, and every time they review a few more seems to take their place.

I don't think that it's they haven't, it's more of that they can't make a big enough dent to make it seem like they are.

Ohhh, I see. So we actually need a fleet of moderators to sift through the pile of awaiting descriptions! How fun.

I hope it pans out too, mods need the help knocking out the queue, plus it is fun reviewing descriptions.

Amavelos, when you said "a fleet of moderators" it made me think of The Avengers. laugh.gif

Well, The Avengers save the day, and the Description Force will help save the writing!