TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

I'm not saying don't be polite, I've just never understood why people are congratulated over something they have zero control over. *shrugs*

Happy for those who won, though I am sad I didn't make the cut again.

Maybe next year "fifth time will be the charm" sleep.gif'

Just out of interest, why is everyone congratulating the winners? All they did was get lucky.

It's generally considered good manners to congratulate people on their good fortune, and the reason for their good fortune really doesn't make a difference. It's still something to be congratulated.

smile.gif

Happy for those who won, though I am sad I didn't make the cut again.

Maybe next year "fifth time will be the charm" sleep.gif'

*Pats you on the back* Don't worry, one day something'll change and you'll win.

I'm not saying don't be polite, I've just never understood why people are congratulated over something they have zero control over. *shrugs*

It is normal to congratulate people on the good things that happen to them, controled or not

It's not as if you have control over when your birthday is, either tongue.gif

Well no win for me but I am happy enough for a dear friend of mine who won a Bronze Prize. Next year may be the charm. Lol.

Just out of interest, why is everyone congratulating the winners? All they did was get lucky.

I find most people congratulate the winner of anything, regardless of what they won as it's good sportsmanship.

Well...I did so not only because it's polite to congratulate someone when they win, but I also just genuinely feel happy for them. I wish I was one of them, of course, but even though I'm not I can imagine the excitement they must feel.

I understand the other side too, the frustration and disappointment of knowing you'll never be lucky enough to win, and you'll never have a chance at a 2nd gen...but I have a 3rd and two 4th gen Shimmers, and I have a couple fifth gen Tinsels. Considering I have nothing remotely worth trading I feel very lucky to have them.

Regardless, DC is a game and suppose to be fun. It stops being fun when you dwell too much on stuff like this, things you know you can't have and have no control over it.

Well no win for me sad.gif I have a hurt tendon in my right foot this would have made me fell a lots better.

I never win any thing on here.

congratulating to all of the winners.

It's just good sportsmanship. "Congratulations" doesn't have to mean you're congratulating someone on their skill-- you can congratulate someone on their good luck too. :-)

No win for me again but hey maybe I'll get lucky and snag some offspring if and when they hit the AP. Congratulations to those lucky people who got the new dragons!

If you happen to be a winner of the raffle eastern or western please pm for a trade discussion.

Edited by roxasxaxel

Congratulating someone is what people do when they're polite and genuinely happy for someone else's fortune instead of being concerned with only their own fortune.

I find that it makes the person feel like they actually have something they should be happy about, and that the people around them actually support them.

Aaahhh finally the waiting for the announcement is over xd.png

(kinda late for the party by almost a full day but....)

A big Congrats to all raffle winners!

It makes me happy to see the Tinsels back as a prize, never really felt right that they were 'retired' after just two years. Two types of prize dragons at the same time is a wonderful idea too laugh.gif (still, wish there were more winning places overall ahaha). Though it kinda amuses me that among the winners it is now easier to end up with a Prize place than an HM.

(and no, didn't win anything, though was really really wishing for an HM for a chance to have a cb female ultraviolet, but that's just not to happen *siiiiiigh* There's always the next year I guess laugh.gif)

Edited by s0r0k4

No win for me again (or Marrto).

On the one hand, kinda disappointed that I still can't get the CB alt Vine I've kinda wanted since this first came up in 2010.

On the other, maybe it's a good thing I didn't win. I don't care much about lineages and don't breed much unless someone is looking for something I have. I've already got nearly full sets of tinsels and shimmers (2 adults, 2 gendered hatchlings, and 1 ungendered) all of which have insanely long lineages, but all I wanted was the sprite so I don't need anymore. Not sure what I'd do if I did win.

Anyways, congrats to everyone. smile.gif

Now we just wait 6 months before there's enough dragons for people to start gifting in the breeding threads. Sigh.

Now we just wait 6 months before there's enough dragons for people to start gifting in the breeding threads. Sigh.

They're shimmers and tinsels so there are already plenty of breeders around wink.gif

Once again, congrats to everyone who won smile.gif

I congratulate people because they won! I'm happy they won! I'd be happier if I won but I'm not going to get all stroppy about it because I didn't(yes I saw a few other posts about leaving because they didn't win!) as there will be more prizes to be won - I hope lol.

This was my first year at it so no, I wasn't expecting to win. It would have been a nice touch to my recent event of things but I can take it and move on. Hopefully next year will be more lucky for me smile.gif

Congrats to all the winners!

I hope some of you consider making lineages of your new lovelies with Tsunamis <3 There simply aren't enough Tsunami lineages!