TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

I think I am one of these "newbie winners", and I'm not planning to leave the game.

Of course, the chance that a winner leaves after a few months of playing is higher than someone leaves after years. But I think a Prize dragon is a motivation to keep playing, because you can complete some scroll goals easier than without. And I think you don't want to, you know, waist your Prize dragon with just letting it sit on your scroll while your're not playing. I like dc a lot and I think I'll play for the next years, and if it was different, I would gift my gold Tinsel to someone who would really use it.

But I'm sure I'll play for the next years, and so, I'll keep my dragon.

There isn't a higher chance of winning for a newbie with three dragons on his scroll than for a person that plays since seven years and has thousands of dragons. And that's what I like about this game: it is fair. Everybody has the same chances.

And there is some control: If you don't choose your prize within two weeks, ther person under you is getting it.

And I think the raffle is fun, of course, not everybody is winning, but 10 new gold tinsels/Shimmers, 20 new silver Tinsels/Shimmers and 30 new bronce TinselsShimmers are making it way more easy to get a 2nd gen for every one than past year.

So, I think, we are all winning.

Yeah! This year there are many more winners! Don't be so sad people (said from one who didn't win) there will be more 2nd gen!

Except 2nd gen will still be worth more than 4 CB golds even with this many prize dragons and most of the winners probably plan to trade 2nd gens for alot.png of CB golds or whatever dragon they pursue

I think I am one of these "newbie winners", and I'm not planning to leave the game.

Of course, the chance that a winner leaves after a few months of playing is higher than someone leaves after years. But I think a Prize dragon is a motivation to keep playing, because you can complete some scroll goals easier than without. And I think you don't want to, you know, waist your Prize dragon with just letting it sit on your scroll while your're not playing. I like dc a lot and I think I'll play for the next years, and if it was different, I would gift my gold Tinsel to someone who would really use it.

But I'm sure I'll play for the next years, and so, I'll keep my dragon.

There isn't a higher chance of winning for a newbie with three dragons on his scroll than for a person that plays since seven years and has thousands of dragons. And that's what I like about this game: it is fair. Everybody has the same chances.

And there is some control: If you don't choose your prize within two weeks, ther person under you is getting it.

And I think the raffle is fun, of course, not everybody is winning, but 10 new gold tinsels/Shimmers, 20 new silver Tinsels/Shimmers and 30 new bronce TinselsShimmers are making it way more easy to get a 2nd gen for every one than past year.

So, I think, we are all winning.

As long as there are more prize dragons,there will be more lineages.

It really doesn't matter much who won the prize.

Except 2nd gen will still be worth more than 4 CB golds even with this many prize dragons and most of the winners probably plan to trade 2nd gens for alot.png of CB golds or whatever dragon they pursue

blink.gif 2Gs aren't even worth that much now...

Well, no wins here. Not that I'm surprised. xd.png

Congrats to the winners!

As for those who didn't win, it's possible there will be a redraw if not all the winners respond in time. Just some false hope to hold on to. tongue.gif

blink.gif 2Gs aren't even worth that much now...

You're right. They're worth more, because no one is trading the older ones anymore for anything other than different 2G prizes. LOL

Let's not forget, TJ told us several newbie prize winners from previous years left because they were bombarded with PM's because of the prizes they won...... So in a way, we all have a responsibility here, whether we won or not.

It's normal for people to want to PM winners. The chances of getting a CB prize are so low that everyone then wants the closest there is to it: 2nd gen.

Are we responsible for wanting a low gen dragon? I don't think anyone PMs the newbies thinking "MUAHAHAHA he's gonna quit for sure!". It was already discussed in the suggestions thread a way to educate newbies towards ignoring or reporting a person that's harrassing them or stay away until DC calms down.

Now that thing "you didn't win but you are also responsible for the staying or leaving of the winners" is just really... Unfair. Most people got into lists for 2nd gens last year even before the winners got their eggs. Signatures with "I don't like PMs, don't PM me about my prize dragon. If you do I will ignore you." work pretty well in making people stay away.

I just don't think the solution to making winners stay relays on us, the ones that didn't win, but on the chances of winning and the amount of winners, basically on how rare the prize is.

4 CB golds? I never had even the idea of trading them for 4 cb golds,that's way too much, to my opinion. *lol*

I'll trade them for maybe one cb rare. Or if I need cb uncommons, then I'll trade them for cb uncommons.

To my opinion, a swap like 2nd gen Tinsel for one cb copper/trio is fair.

Silver/gold, why not, if a person can catch or trade them, but I think they're worth a bit less than a cb gold.

Last thing I noticed a 2nd gen was 4 CB golds or more

In fact,it is not.

Many people are willing to trade a lot more cb metals for 2nd prize dragons just because almost all the list are full.They have to pay a lot more to get one from someone who is on the list.

In fact,it is not.

Many people are willing to trade a lot more cb metals for 2nd prize dragons just because almost all the list are full.They have to pay a lot more to get one from someone who is on the list.

Just because people pay and are willing to pay that much doesn't mean it is fair. ^^

Edited by Erica8798

Mercury, right. And at least, how often do you catch/trade a cb Silver/Gold per year as an average user? One time? Two? I think maximum three times. I would need to wait like years for getting my payment. Not the right way for me.

Congrats to the winners, again not my league lol

Although I still hope to win if there is a 2nd raffle because some people did not answer rolleyes.gif

Most people once they the metal flood starts can get alot.png of CB golds or slivers some can get like 90 or more during the year

Just because people pay and are willing to pay that much doesn't mean it is fair. ^^

A CB prize does open ways to obtain rarer in-cave things that the owners couldn't otherwise get, so I understand if they ask for expensive stuff.

I got my 2nd gen last year as a gift, it wasn't even a trade. Just a kind person gifting a few people that gave him support. I'm not betting on that kind of luck again this year xd.png So different winners, different ways to treat their prize

4 CB golds? I never had even the idea of trading them for 4 cb golds,that's way too much, to my opinion. *lol*

I'll trade them for maybe one cb rare. Or if I need cb uncommons, then I'll trade them for cb uncommons.

To my opinion, a swap like 2nd gen Tinsel for one cb copper/trio is fair.

Silver/gold, why not, if a person can catch or trade them, but I think they're worth a bit less than a cb gold.

People are always overvalue things they can't get.2nd prize is one of them.In my opinion,a 2nd prize of course worthes a cb gold and more.

Of course,trading is an agreement.Both sides agree,that's a deal.

Going to try and make a few "I didn't win, but I'm happy" badges...if I can! Experimental:

user posted image

That's just an attempt? Looks pretty good to me xd.png I think I'm going to use it!

Mercury, right. And at least, how often do you catch/trade a cb Silver/Gold per year as an average user? One time? Two? I think maximum three times. I would need to wait like years for getting my payment. Not the right way for me.

Nah, for some players, they can amass 5, 6, 7, more within 2-3 weeks. I know I can, when I spend the time.

But I do think paying that amount is quite ludicrous. smile.gif