TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

one would think that for four years I'd win at least once! Is my luck really THAT bad? ah well...

Congratz to the winners!

one would think that for four years I'd win at least once! Is my luck really THAT bad? ah well...

Congratz to the winners!

Well the odds are less than 1% after all. ^^

Same procedure as every year. ^^"

Congrats to all winner! smile.gif

And same thoughts as every year.. why only pick soooo few winners and distribute only so few prizes when the userbase is so immensely huge. ^^" ( I know why, so that the owner of the rare ones can keep their privilege of being super duper loved tongue.gif but .. you knpw... I bet the average user + 90% of the scroll owner would be way more happy if a '0' got attached to all prize numbers. ^.~)

Happy after-distribution madness everyone wink.gif

Edited by Belisar

Congratz to the winners!

Same here

And loads of People have been here longer

At least two Newbies won, hope they won't leave DC too soon dry.gif

Congrats to all winners, have fun with your new shinies! biggrin.gif

Nice to see the Prizes spread out that much! Maybe it will be easier to get 2nd gens for lineage purpouses in the future now? I personally have given up, though, after I traded a leg of to get on three 2nd gen lists last year and didn't get even one of the promised eggs in the end. ^^

The whole event was real fun and well, there's always a next year! xd.png

It's really nice that the winner can choose the codes they like.I wish I can win someday.

Same here

Sorry, but I just have to mention that doesn't really sound very nice. There's no reason to assume the newer people who won aren't going to stick around. Yes, I've been here for many years and I'd love to win, but I am in no way more entitled to win than someone who has just joined. Older users stop playing, too, you know.

I understand you're frustrated because you didn't win, but please read your post twice before posting... perhaps you didn't mean to, but this way you might offend people wink.gif

Same here

At least two Newbies won, hope they won't leave DC too soon  dry.gif

Totally agree... I know that it sounds a little bad, but I think that you should have at least a bronze trophie to get a prize, since there is an high possibility to leave DC in the first monthes that you played (even after some years thought), maybe you will return later, but...

anyway that is only my opinion, obviously there could be another ways to make us quiet about a possible disappearance of a prize CB dragon xd.png

Anyway I hope that those Newbies who won understand this great opportunity and enjoy it at its best! Maybe this could be a motivation for them to keep playing smile.gif I'm happy for everyone who win and I also have the same feelings of those who had lost xd.png And I don't want to offend anyone wink.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

Same here

At least two Newbies won, hope they won't leave DC too soon  dry.gif

Starting to feel like this as well. It's just sad to keep seeing such low chances, so some people start thinking that maybe if we exclude some of them we can have some chances, it's not meant to offend. I honestly don't know what to support and I don't think this raffle is fun anymore. But I guess this isn't a theme for this topic.

Congrats to the winners, thanks for the event TJ and others

Edited by LaHaine

Same here

Agree.

There are many winners who leaves DC after they win.It's really a pitty.But,yes,it's their rights,after all.

Well that's really nice of you to say. smile.gif

Let's not forget, TJ told us several newbie prize winners from previous years left because they were bombarded with PM's because of the prizes they won...... So in a way, we all have a responsibility here, whether we won or not.

Edited by Sheriziya

Let's not forget, TJ told us several newbie prize winners from previous years left because they were bombarded with PM's because of the prizes they won...... So in a way, we all have a responsibility here, whether we won or not.

This is also true smile.gif

I would love to give free 2nd gen Shimmer or Tinsel to my friends, do pretty lineages... I think that I could fall in love with a silver shimmer more than a gold one rolleyes.gif and that's is the main reason why I wish a shimmer cb. I like do gifts xd.png

You won't call them "Newbies" prety soon. rolleyes.gif

Then what do we call them?Prize winners? tongue.gif

I think I am one of these "newbie winners", and I'm not planning to leave the game.

Of course, the chance that a winner leaves after a few months of playing is higher than someone leaves after years. But I think a Prize dragon is a motivation to keep playing, because you can complete some scroll goals easier than without. And I think you don't want to, you know, waist your Prize dragon with just letting it sit on your scroll while your're not playing. I like dc a lot and I think I'll play for the next years, and if it was different, I would gift my gold Tinsel to someone who would really use it.

But I'm sure I'll play for the next years, and so, I'll keep my dragon.

There isn't a higher chance of winning for a newbie with three dragons on his scroll than for a person that plays since seven years and has thousands of dragons. And that's what I like about this game: it is fair. Everybody has the same chances.

And there is some control: If you don't choose your prize within two weeks, ther person under you is getting it.

And I think the raffle is fun, of course, not everybody is winning, but 10 new gold tinsels/Shimmers, 20 new silver Tinsels/Shimmers and 30 new bronce TinselsShimmers are making it way more easy to get a 2nd gen for every one than past year.

So, I think, we are all winning.

Never meant to offend. But know 1 CB Holly winner who never bred theirs because they quit before the year ended. sad.gif

It's not that important for me to 'have' certain Dragons, for me it's more important to breed nice lineages. So I'm hoping all of These will have offspring and grandchildren and more and more. As I have slow Internet I can't ever trade for a 2nd Gen, so all others, please breed them into nice lineages ;-)

Edited by lilysally

Congrats to all the winners. It's fun seeing how excited people are to have received their winning email.

Thanks for the "impatient" link too, TJ, and bringing back tinsels. smile.gif