dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

And now, a question: I finally got a black egg for another set, but she hatched alt. Can I still use her in the project? Or do I need to try again? The blacks are the "A" pair of the set...

edited to ask about the alt xd.png

That's really cool. xd.png Good question about the alt. I didn't use a red Dorsal I got for my Dorsal lineage, and I think I wouldn't use Geodes in a Stone lineage even though they are pretty common now. The "neatness" of the lineage would be more interesting to me than how common the hybrid is. Just my opinion. smile.gif

And now a quote by TJ on the topic we talked about a while ago:

It is true that breeding success increases with the length of time since last breeding, up to a point.

I've never bothered to do the match to see if it's more beneficial to breed every week or breed every three weeks--My gut feeling is that having more chances to breed is going to be better, even if the individual chance is lower.

Well, is anyone feeling like collecting some statistics on the topic? xd.png

My Valentine's gift came a little early, but yay! These two finally arrived! ^-^ (Here's hoping they don't refuse. XD *knocks on wood*)

My Valentine's gift came a little early, but yay! These two finally arrived! ^-^ (Here's hoping they don't refuse. xd.png *knocks on wood*)

Oh, I love all the purpleness! wink.gif Two very beautiful eggs. 'Tis the Valentine season so hopefully their hearts will melt for each other and they will be loving and successful mates.

Well, is anyone feeling like collecting some statistics on the topic? xd.png

I'm actually doing that, although my four testing pairs are probably not really enough to get any meaningful results. xd.png I should probably include some of my regular breeding pairs but that would mean having to stop breeding them for a while and I can never resist breeding. xd.png

My Valentine's gift came a little early, but yay! These two finally arrived! ^-^ (Here's hoping they don't refuse. xd.png *knocks on wood*)

yeah, love the purpleness laugh.gif

love is in the air...

Had a few egg spaces, so I thought I would try some of my Lovely Commons. My pygmies gave me the wrong breed yet again. My Stones gave me another Geode. At least it finally shows my pretty lineage. smile.gif Anyone want? Click to claim! I'll be giving it away in the departure thread in a couple of hours if no one claims it here.

Waterhorse x Horse gave me the wrong breed. But my Purple x Waterhorse gave me what I needed, so I am happy for now. Pretty purple

Updated my first post to show this small progress

Edited by purplehaze

That is a fabulous geode. tongue.gif Exactly what you needed.

Wrong breeds presented here too, it's starting to feel like an endless loop. New week, re-breed, wrong egg. Rinse, repeat.

On the other hand, after replacing one of the dragons from a refused pair, the new duo likes each other much better, so I have a progress step! One more after this and I'll have a 2nd completed project. Barring refusals of course.

Anyone finding a link between attempting to breed newly matured dragons and refusals? Because I've noticed that if I breed a dragon that has just grown, it's more likely to refuse. 0_o or is my scroll just being weird? Because that's always possible. I should keep stats on this closer. It's been happening since November.

Not only "fresh" adults, no. Some months ago, I had the idea of a Seragamma/BBW pair. I had a couple of caveborn BBW ladies and one Seragamma guy on my scroll already, so I tried them. He refused all 3 BBWs ... and then I replaced *him* and got successful biggrin.gif

I'll give this a go!

Commons are lovely!

Forum name: Tiga

Scroll link: Link

Can people PM you and request eggs? Yes

If yes, any requirements? No BSA actions that have a chance to kill, freezing is allowed.

FINISHED PROJECTS:

Ianhm      HHy9g                 VYb81            2ZGkd       o4diE        neONQ      R2pbo       5A7AO  

blue ponies             goldenfluff         monochrome shading    schmidt lineage      medeis lineage        special action         frosted flakes        winter tundra

GCvKn         Qs1b3

hyacinth's twilight  purpura rubrum

PROJECTS:

★ GOLDENFLUFF PILLOWS X ALBINOS & WHITETIPS

★ BLUE PONIES HORSE X WATERHORSE & SKYWING

★ MEDEIS LINEAGE RED FIN TIDAL X MAGI & SUNSTONE

★ SCHMIDT LINEAGE PURPLE X VINE & GREEN

MONOCHROME SHADING GREY X BLACK & WHITE

★ WINTER TUNDRA DEEPSEA X WINTER SEASONAL & DAYDREAM

★ HYACINTH'S TWILIGHT NHIOSTRIFE X NOCTURNE (NIGHT) & TSUNAMI

★ SPECIAL ACTION PURPLE X PINK & RED

★ PURPURA RUBRUM DUOTONE X HOOKTALON & BAUTA

★ FROSTED FLAKES FROST BITE X MOONSTONE & WHITE

★ PALE GAZE ALBINO X RED & PINK

☆ HAZEL CASSARE X UNDINE & ALMERALD

☆ BLOSSOMS TERRAE X TBA & DIAMOND WING

FIRE & BLOOD RED X SANDWASTE (F) & ASH

PARVA GALLIA PIPIO X RED-TAILED WYRM & KYANITE

NEED TO FIND:

• 1 x diamondwing
  • 2 x ash
  • 1 x sandwaste
Edited by Tiga

@Draketeeth - I have thought for a long time that newly grown dragons refused at a higher rate. I don't know if it is fact or not, but now I always give them at least a day before trying them. Of course I still get some refusals, so who knows if it helps.

@Tiga - Welcome! Sounds like a nice choice of dragons. smile.gif

*drum roll* Presenting my first completed lovely common lineage! Ta-da~ ^-^

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, and it probably didn't hurt being so close to Valentine's Day. lol Now to get un egglocked so I can start on my next project! :D

@Tiga- Yay, more Dorsal love~ :)

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, and it probably didn't hurt being so close to Valentine's Day. lol Now to get un egglocked so I can start on my next project! biggrin.gif

@Tiga- Yay, more Dorsal love~ smile.gif

Yay! So purplely! I love dorsals, probably going to have them for all of the projects in this thread. xd.png

ETA: Wohoo, I finished a lineage! :DMy Lovely Water Walker.

Ooh, that's a nice one. :) I particularly like the Water Walker x Waterhorse half~

@Narvix & Tiga- Thank you. ^-^ I love it too, and on my scroll it's extra purple since I use the 'Dino Cave' site-theme. XD

Wohoo, I finished a lineage! biggrin.gifMy Lovely Water Walker.

Wow! Gratz on another complete project! poptartFINALTINY.gif The subtle colors of the Walkers really pop the bolder colors of the other breeds.

poptartFINALTINY.gifAnother one! I don't really care for purple dorsals, but that makes me re-think their lineage possibilities. Very nice.

Finally, the missing 2nd gen of one of my projects:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0JzUH

The truly stupid part is that the second egg I bred was a sunset/sunrise, and I let it hatch at the wrong time. So after a number of Horses, I finally, finally got another one, and you better believe I paid attention!

Here's hoping that when she grows up she genders right (I did remember to influence, it, I hope!) and doesn't refuse her mate.

another project

(maybe someday the others will give me eggs I need tongue.gif )

Project #14

stripe x harvest

Magi x stripe

and lookie lookie ohmy.gif

a flamingo from tidal

only another year before I get a 3rd gen rolleyes.gif but it's a start

@daba555

grats,

I've done that before ( more than once)

I finally started breeding them at the correct time, so i could incubate with impunity tongue.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

and lookie lookie ohmy.gif

a flamingo from tidal

only another year before I get a 3rd gen rolleyes.gif but it's a start

@daba555

grats,

I've done that before ( more than once)

I finally started breeding them at the correct time, so i could incubate with impunity tongue.gif

congrats on the flamingo smile.gif

it seems like it'd be easier, but maybe from now on it'll even out a bit more.

if I could remember it before I breed, it would be good, but no - I don't dry.gif

Buhuhu~, although I was one of the very first people who joined this project I haven't finished one project yet!

Anyone who remembers how desperate I was to get a 2nd-gen Mint from Brimstone for my first project? And that I even request a Mint from Breeding & Gifting? Guess what the 2nd-gens produced! A Brimstone! rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

The 2nd-gens from my second project haven't given me one Ballon yet! xd.png

The bottom 2nd-gens from my third project refused! xd.png

The only dragons who shine are the dragons from my 4th project, I have the upper half now and hope to get the bottom part finished soon~

I'll think about a 5th project. Looks like the "rules" for "lovely commons" aren't that strict and I can use uncommons as well smile.gif

EDIT: Can I dare to use Bleeding Moons?

Edited by Mondat

I'm wondering what a 3rd cloudy breed might be, in addition to Grey and Daydream dragons ... ideas?