dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

@Dragonpuck - That teleport appears to be a bad link. Fixed and very pretty dragon, but I am very locked!

I am starting yet another project . . . Waterhorse x Horse and Purple x Waterhorse. Since they are all older breeds I am hoping they balance well. I will add it to my first post as soon as I get time. I bred my first egg last night. http://dragcave.net/lineage/AgIJs

ETA: Now added to my first post

Edited by purplehaze

I decided to try gray/royal blue plus nocturne/gray, while waiting for my stones to grow up (thanks again, Ruby biggrin.gif)

got the first egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ystd3

I realize it'll be prettier at night than during the day, but I don't care laugh.gif

I was wondering what's up with the Nocturnes, though. I noticed that when sorting, they are full-sized, not in little boxes, and the night/day versions are correct on the scroll view, but as soon as you click on them, etc, they are the opposite of what they should be.

What's up with that?

I was wondering what's up with the Nocturnes, though. I noticed that when sorting, they are full-sized, not in little boxes, and the night/day versions are correct on the scroll view, but as soon as you click on them, etc, they are the opposite of what they should be.

What's up with that?

They are rebels! wink.gif

Seriously, for some reason the Nocturne sprites are a bit glitchy and this happens every once in awhile. They will go back to normal eventually.

They are rebels! wink.gif

Seriously, for some reason the Nocturne sprites are a bit glitchy and this happens every once in awhile. They will go back to normal eventually.

ah, this is the first time I have tried to use them in a lineage, so I never noticed that before.

I do like them, I just prefer dimorphous dragons (is that right? 2 different sprites for male & female?) and have only recently, thanks to this thread, realized the potential of dragons like Nocturnes & Stones.

thanks for the answer smile.gif

The speculation is that the glitch has something to do with their twice daily change of sprite form.

I got a 2nd-gen Mint from Brimstone!!! From somebody else, though (via Breeding & Gifting).

But with my luck I'm afraid it will refuse my Brimstone xd.png

I got a 2nd-gen Mint from Brimstone!!! From somebody else, though (via Breeding & Gifting).

But with my luck I'm afraid it will refuse my Brimstone xd.png

Oh, no! It can't do that! wink.gif Sending compatibility vibes to the lovely couple.

Well, you could always breed a Brimstone sibling to the Brimstone biggrin.gif

"The dragons refuse to even go near each other."

*nods* Of course they do, that's what I get for breeding in the height of glitch season. There was no reason for them not to refuse. They were even named for each other, that's all the reason more to refuse. It's not like I needed them both for a project or anything.

Nocturnes are fabulous. I love them dearly because of their glitchy behavior and just because they're great. Have no idea what to do with them breeding wise though xd.png

I got a few refusals today, too ... including from a pair that I bred specifically as a refusal replacement ...

edit: another checker, another refusal by 2nd gens! mad.gif Despair! sad.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Got another Purple egg today. (*knocks on wood* At least it's not a refusal or no interest/no egg. Phew.) My goodness, who'd have ever thought Purple Dorsals would be so finnicky. -.- Maybe I should have started this project when the Dorsals were more cave-blocker-y... XD *crosses fingers that I get one when I breed my other 2nd gens tomorrow*

Purple Dorsals are this year's currency in the Holly contest. They kinda sabotaged you biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear about all the refusals. I doubt it's due to the glitch though, they just are more likely to refuse the more important the breeding is... dry.gif

Got another Purple egg today. (*knocks on wood* At least it's not a refusal or no interest/no egg. Phew.) My goodness, who'd have ever thought Purple Dorsals would be so finnicky. -.- Maybe I should have started this project when the Dorsals were more cave-blocker-y... xd.png *crosses fingers that I get one when I breed my other 2nd gens tomorrow*

My Dorsal/Purple lineage took a few tries too, one pair gave me three Purples and a RED Dorsal before I got a Dorsal egg. rolleyes.gif I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Nocturnes are fabulous. I love them dearly because of their glitchy behavior and just because they're great. Have no idea what to do with them breeding wise though xd.png

I love them too, I've 10 Nocturnes to go before I can call it an army. laugh.gif

I particularly like them with Black Teas and I'm trying to breed a mate for him, but I had to trade for both 2nd gen Nocturnes because I can't breed anything but Black Tea eggs. rolleyes.gif

And I got this lovely PB from AsheraAshtoreth. wub.gif

Edited by dustpuppy

Purple Dorsals are this year's currency in the Holly contest. They kinda sabotaged you biggrin.gif

it's so early though... would it make that much difference already?

I wish they would have chosen seragammas, or one of the others that are giving us so much grief!

Ah, that'd do it. lol But yeah, isn't it a bit early to see any major changes from the contest? And personally I'd have liked it to be Specklethroats, Bleeding Moons, or one of the other new breeds that are too very common. Oh well, thanks for the well-wishes, we'll see what happens in a few hours once the dragons aren't on cooldown. smile.gif *stares impatiently at the pair*

Edit: Aaaandd it's a Ridgewing. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Denwayasha

*Sigh!*

My Pygmy #2 lineage dragons continue to frustrate. Yet another Seawyrm from this pair.

I will offer the egg here to anyone who wants it, but it will go to the AP in the morning because I need the space on my scroll.

http://dragcave.net/teleport/e9e140efbd729...f724933b46db719 You're welcome Ruby Eyes. Enjoy!

And now that Ruby Eyes gave me that space on my scroll I was able to try my Stone x Green pair again and actually got the Stone I needed instead of a Geode! http://dragcave.net/lineage/5CVMj This mate is waiting. It will be interesting to see how many Geodes I get before they give me a Stone. wink.gif

First post has been edited to update.

Edited by purplehaze

Had a refusal in my Waterhorse/Horse/Purple Project so had to replace the pair, but the replacement gave me this little egg, with a cute code. http://dragcave.net/lineage/2R0Ck Would have been really funny if I had gotten that in my Stone lineage. laugh.gif Waterhorses seem dominant in these pairings, though, because that was all I got out of 4 breedings today -- 1 refusal and 3 Waterhorses. I only needed the one Waterhorse, though. The others I was hoping for a Purple and a Horse.

Ah, that'd do it. lol But yeah, isn't it a bit early to see any major changes from the contest? And personally I'd have liked it to be Specklethroats, Bleeding Moons, or one of the other new breeds that are too very common. Oh well, thanks for the well-wishes, we'll see what happens in a few hours once the dragons aren't on cooldown. smile.gif *stares impatiently at the pair*

Edit: Aaaandd it's a Ridgewing. rolleyes.gif

I just looked at your new little RW - I am easily confused, so I must ask: for this project, don't you actually need a RW to make the pattern?

And I must say, it's a gorgeous combination! I've been collecting Purple Dorsals for the contest, and have lots of CB one's smile.gif

Love the code, PH smile.gif

I do have the first 2 new little dragons in my new combo, which I don't believe I have updated so I must do so.

I think breeding will be suspended now, although it's very, very hard not to want to breed/catch almost anything laugh.gif

I never did get all the common partners I was looking for, for last year Valentine gifts, but at least I got a few. Thanks PH smile.gif You really do "rock" biggrin.gif

Well that was fast. xd.png After getting nowhere with the Imps, it took only three breedings to get this mate for the already existing other half of the Water Walker lineage. If all goes well, I have only one more breeding to go! biggrin.gif That's kinda exciting after all the waiting. But I guess I can wait a tiny little longer until after Valentine's.

Congrats on the cool code purplehaze laugh.gif and to the Z-code collectors here, have a look at my post in the Z-code thread, there's a gift for whoever clicks first. wink.gif

I just looked at your new little RW - I am easily confused, so I must ask: for this project, don't you actually need a RW to make the pattern?

And I must say, it's a gorgeous combination! I've been collecting Purple Dorsals for the contest, and have lots of CB one's :)

If I'm understanding the lineage pattern correctly (and I might not be. XD), the 3rd generation is two parents of the 'A' breed, which in my case is Purple Dorsals. But hey, maybe I can use the ones who don't fit in this line for a future 'lovely' line~ :D

And thank you, I didn't breed a whole lot before this project, but it's so much fun that now I can hardly wait to plan more 'lovely' combinations! ^-^

If I'm understanding the lineage pattern correctly (and I might not be. xd.png), the 3rd generation is two parents of the 'A' breed, which in my case is Purple Dorsals. But hey, maybe I can use the ones who don't fit in this line for a future 'lovely' line~ biggrin.gif

And thank you, I didn't breed a whole lot before this project, but it's so much fun that now I can hardly wait to plan more 'lovely' combinations! ^-^

OIC, that's your bottom, not your top, LOL.

well, I am always a bit upside-down!

Refusals abound... dry.gif

I had to rebreed a stripe & lumina since their offspring and his prospective mate refused

(maybe I should have tried a different pair instead & replaced the lumina, but she was a giftie from my husband) ...

But, I needed a stripe from these parents unsure.gif

And now, a question: I finally got a black egg for another set, but she hatched alt. Can I still use her in the project? Or do I need to try again? The blacks are the "A" pair of the set...

edited to ask about the alt xd.png

edited again to get rid of the expired teleport link

Edited by evilcostumelady