dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

I am back to breeding, now smile.gif Wow, I am so thrilled to have so many new Christmas dragons, and new lineages to try and figure out, LOL.

I decided to go ahead with a mirror for my first completed lineage - got 2 blacktips, no Speckle or R. Crimson, I hope this isn't going to be one of those "bred 15 eggs of the wrong breed before getting what I wanted" things!

Congrats to everyone on their projects, they're so very pretty. What a wonderful project this is, I'm enjoying it so much biggrin.gif

I finally finished my first one, but thought it would look better:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/88UUi

Maybe flamingos instead of speckle-throat, in a second try.  After all, I already have the top half biggrin.gif

I could do you any of these if you wanted

Orange vibes being sent -=+_^%%^&*@@ to dragonpuck

Edited by nooey

I could do you any of these if you wanted

Orange vibes being sent -=+_^%%^&*@@ to dragonpuck

ooooooooooh!!!! a sibling to Mystic Craxitor would be totally awesome and give me a huge jump on it!

very pretty, definitely.

thanks so much for the offer, please let me know what I can breed in return, if anything?

ooooooooooh!!!! a sibling to Mystic Craxitor would be totally awesome and give me a huge jump on it!

very pretty, definitely.

thanks so much for the offer, please let me know what I can breed in return, if anything?

I've sent you a Salty one smile.gif If you'd rather have a Flamingo let me know and I'll try again. smile.gif

I've sent you a Salty one smile.gif If you'd rather have a Flamingo let me know and I'll try again. smile.gif

Thank you so much biggrin.gif I really made out!

Good news and bad news

Good biggrin.gif

it went orange/red

thanks to all who sent vibes!!!

Bad sad.gif

I found a new combo that I like

RB xFlamingo ( Which I have) and

Bleeding Moon x Flamingo

which unfortunately depends on getting 2 flamingos-- hopefully in my lifetime dry.gif

congrats!

and good luck. I hope you're young.

seriously, though, it's got to turn around sometime, right?

Bleeding moons are a bit of a monster for some reason. Anyone in the Courage Lineage project has probably recognized that fact by this point. They tend to only drop their own kind no matter the mate's color. I was thinking of using them in a poison project here, but that's on hold till I see further how they breed out. Gonna try them with the newest cave dragon, the nhio, when I have space again and see how that balances them out pitting a dominant breed against a new breed whose ratios are still in flux. Anything else I've tried nhios with has been a nhio.

Good luck obtaining a flamingo. 0_o you're gonna need it more than you need nebula color vibes, dragonpuck.

Started a new project out of my to-do list. Beachcombers have yielded up the male half the the project, blacktip x blackcap, so I hope those 2nd gens like each other. The waverunner x blacktip half was full of waverunners so no progress there.

Also thinking of re-vamping one of my lineages to step through the seasons each generation starting with autumn and ending with summer as the final generation, to be paired with moonstones and pinks. The autumn project was a flop since one of the pairs was uncooperative and the season ended. Grr. Dragons.

Congrats to everybody who finished a project!

Wow, I was absent for a while because of Christmas but I DID breed. Or at least try to..

I am afraid I won't get a Mint from her rolleyes.gif so I am going to start with my second lineage and continue breeding them until I get a Mint. Or I will have to find other mates.

I wish everybody a happy new year smile.gif

... only if you breed them to Seragammas ...

I just paired four CB Bleeding Moons with CB Seragammas, out of scientific curiosity. laugh.gif

Result: 1 "no egg produced", 3 Seragammas.

Well, my pygmy dragons have turned against me! laugh.gif

Bred two of my second gens and got no egg. Not a big problem, but no progress.

Bred the other two second gens and got a Refusal. Problem.

Tried to breed a replacement for one of the refusers and got the wrong breed. Anybody want this little Pygmy?

Bred the the other CBs and finally got a replacement for the other refuser. Good, but all that breeding and still no progress!

Edited by purplehaze

This sounds like a really cool lineage idea! Thinking of trying to start one once my current eggs hatch and free up some space. Not sure what breeds yet though - I suppose I'll just see what's showing up a lot in the cave at the time.

Bleeding moons are a bit of a monster for some reason. Anyone in the Courage Lineage project has probably recognized that fact by this point. They tend to only drop their own kind no matter the mate's color. I was thinking of using them in a poison project here, but that's on hold till I see further how they breed out. Gonna try them with the newest cave dragon, the nhio, when I have space again and see how that balances them out pitting a dominant breed against a new breed whose ratios are still in flux. Anything else I've tried nhios with has been a nhio.

Sounds like the perfect "common plagues" project: seragammas for the frame, and nhios and bleeding moons for the halves biggrin.gif

Sounds like the perfect "common plagues" project: seragammas for the frame, and nhios and bleeding moons for the halves biggrin.gif

xd.png That sounds hilarious.

Welcome, Cendaquenta! I'm looking forward to seeing your project plans.

And a happy new year, everyone! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the welcome, and happy new year to you as well! smile.gif

At the moment I'm thinking of doing my first LC with Sunstones, Brimstones and Olives - Suns as breed A, Brims as B, and Olives as C. Those three seem to be less popular commons and I need more of them anyway. Just hope I don't end up grabbing a bunch of Moonstones instead of Sunstones, with them having the same egg description. rolleyes.gif

Already thinking about what I'd like to do as my second LC, too, which may be just a liiiittle bit premature. Leaning towards doing a coastal/water theme for that, with Water Walkers as A.

You could also be lucky to snag some sunstones from the AP, I usually see one or two of those there, and often CB, too.

You could also be lucky to snag some sunstones from the AP, I usually see one or two of those there, and often CB, too.

That is what I was going to suggest, too. I click a lot of eggs on the AP just to see what they are and I have seen a lot of CB Sunstones there. I see an occasional Brimstone and Olive, too, but the Sunstones seem to show up more often, probably because they were originally grabbed by someone who was looking for a Moonstone. wink.gif

Well, one of mine has a seragamma frame and I'm having trouble getting the other breeds I need. Of course wink.gif

And yes, I agree with Ruby and PH, lots of sunstones, usually, in the AP.

I gathered quite a few for a lineage project and had no trouble at all.

Lately, I have seen more brimstone and olive in there as well, and lots and lots and LOTS of olives in the biomes.

If U see any in the AP I'd be happy to grab any for you.

I am pleased as punch that I have been asked for one of my 4th gen eggs - I have sent one from the first lineage: Blacktip/Royal Crimson/Speckle-Throat

I'm working on the mirror for it, now that Christmas is past. I've had lots of no eggs or the wrong breeds, tho, in all my projects.

I see a lot of Sunstones in the AP too, but for this project I think I'd rather get them straight from the cave if possible - it seems more challenging.

I have a feeling I might end up in the AP for them anyway since I don't tend to see a lot of Suns in the biomes, though I'm always running into Brims and Olives there.

I see a lot of Sunstones in the AP too, but for this project I think I'd rather get them straight from the cave if possible - it seems more challenging.

I have a feeling I might end up in the AP for them anyway since I don't tend to see a lot of Suns in the biomes, though I'm always running into Brims and Olives there.

they are only in Desert, and there's are tons of them.

problem is, they share a description with the moonstone - "This egg resembles a glowing stone."

the nature of the cave being what it is, you're always more likely to get what you don't want laugh.gif

good luck smile.gif yours may be better than mine.

And yeeeeep, true to form, I clicked on one "glowing stone" egg... and moonstone. rolleyes.gif Managed to find a CB Sun in the AP on second try, though! biggrin.gif

So that's my LC project officially begun!

Edited by Cendaquenta