dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

Lookie what I just got! http://dragcave.net/lineage/zjsef biggrin.gif

I was actually trying for a Magi for my new project, but I can use this one, too. I bred 5 pairs and got 4 Tangars and one no interest. I didn't think they used to be that overwhelmingly common. blink.gif

I will have to get this project up in my first post. I already have the top part (Tangar x Sunstone) done, so just need the Tangar x Magi half. Looks like it might be harder than I thought. wink.gifDone! The final CB pair will be determined by whoever gives me a Magi egg! laugh.gif And I bred one last pair with the same result. ohmy.gif

Edited by purplehaze

I just tried my two CB Tangar ladies, no Magi eggs from them either.

Nice tripe-Z-code egg, purplehaze! biggrin.gif

And after my latest fails I have a success to report too! I finished the Lovely Wyverns lineage Draketeeth suggested. wub.gif

I will have to get this project up in my first post. I already have the top part (Tangar x Sunstone) done, so just need the Tangar x Magi half. Looks like it might be harder than I thought. wink.gif

yup, seems like Magi are on the list dry.gif

http://dragcave.net/progeny/CK1GQ since January-- and only when I get an egg at all *sighs*

Nice tripe-Z-code egg, purplehaze! biggrin.gif

And after my latest fails I have a success to report too! I finished the Lovely Wyverns lineage Draketeeth suggested. wub.gif

wow! who'd a thunk it?

the flamingoes seem to pick up something in the BBW - which they oughtn't, because one's pink and one's orange!

And how on earth did you get anything except Seragammas, ROFL???

very nice,l everything is soooooooooooo nice biggrin.gif

poptartFINALTINY.gifWhoa! That's so fabulous, when I get some space I'm totally stalking you for an egg from them.

the flamingoes seem to pick up something in the BBW - which they oughtn't, because one's pink and one's orange!

And how on earth did you get anything except Seragammas

Did you use voodoo? Because these were nearly word for word my thoughts xd.png That's too funny.

Project-wise, no exciting reports from here, just wrong eggs. *glances around* Seems to be a theme.

And how on earth did you get anything except Seragammas, ROFL???

I think I finished that half just in time before they became ridiculously fertile xd.png even so it took 3 tries to get the first BBW egg and more than 5 for the next... I'm just glad there were no refusals this time. laugh.gif

poptartFINALTINY.gifWhoa! That's so fabulous, when I get some space I'm totally stalking you for an egg from them.

Just let me know when you have space. biggrin.gif It was your suggestion after all. Seeing the result makes me forgive my dagon Kagaez for giving me all these frustrating wrong eggs. biggrin.gif

Edited by dustpuppy

Progress! And it's a z, too! biggrin.gif

*does a tiny pygmy dance*

And one of my Drake pairs saw fit to give me some progress, too: Ochre to be a mate for this Night Glory.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Progress! And it's a z, too! biggrin.gif

*does a tiny pygmy dance*

And one of my Drake pairs saw fit to give me some progress, too: Ochre to be a mate for this Night Glory.

Congrats! I am still too locked with new release dragons to do any breeding, but maybe this is a good omen for progress.

I've seen people in here saying to be wary about using Bleeding Moons in lineages, but did I listen? XD Nope. Got another one while trying for a 2nd gen Daydream for my Blue lineage (Daydream x Bleeding Moon + Guardian x Daydream). When I originally planned out that line, I didn't know that the BMs breed like rabbits. e.e I'll keep at it, though, but if I start drowning in BMs I'll swap them out for Skywings (Or maybe Waterhorses? Thoughts?).

Edited by Denwayasha

I've seen people in here saying to be wary about using Bleeding Moons in lineages, but did I listen? xd.png Nope. Got another one while trying for a 2nd gen Daydream for my Blue lineage (Daydream x Bleeding Moon + Guardian x Daydream). When I originally planned out that line, I didn't know that the BMs breed like rabbits. e.e I'll keep at it, though, but if I start drowning in BMs I'll swap them out for Skywings (Or maybe Waterhorses? Thoughts?).

Skywings, I think, would be very pretty and in keeping with the softer tones of the Daydream.

You can always try for a second lineage with the BM's later, when maybe they don't take over everything!

And step by step, another progress egg: Day Glory to be a mate for this Ochre!

those drakes are liking you, Ruby!

I did have one success: http://dragcave.net/lineage/hLe6i

however, she and her mate showed no interest just now. I didn't use influence, I don't have many and always think commons are more cooperative, but I know that's really not true wink.gif Still, I like to save those for the metals and uncommons.

The top half of that gave me the wrong egg. I'm trying to get a royal Blue out of a Gray, so I guess it could take a while.

EDIT: after 5 or 6 more failures - no interest, or wrong egg - I finally got one: http://dragcave.net/lineage/X6pHr

incubated, influenced and is the last piece of the 2nd gens for that lineage. hopefully, she'll like her mate smile.gif

Edited by daba555

The Royal Crimsons like me, too, at least I don't get a single Guardian from them xd.png

I have finished my first set!

Here's the result!

Now I need to decide whether this needs to be male or female, though I guess I can breed a sibling if I change plans...

I'm making these as part of a rainbow lineage from 4th gen to ?

Here's the result!

Now I need to decide whether this needs to be male or female, though I guess I can breed a sibling if I change plans...

That's very pretty. Congrats on the finish!

I am intrigued by your plan for a rainbow and will be watching as you build it. smile.gif

Finished biggrin.gif

rb x guardian ( a wrong species from Ruby Eyes project)

x

Rb x Nocturn ( rebreed from another project of mine)

4th gen RB

looks really good this time of day biggrin.gif

Finished  biggrin.gif

rb x guardian ( a wrong species from Ruby Eyes project)

x

Rb x Nocturn ( rebreed from another project of mine)

4th gen RB

looks really good this time of day  biggrin.gif

making lemon cookie bars from lemons, eh? good going!

@evilcostumelady: very pretty! I can't wait to see what else you do biggrin.gif

EDIT: and some progress on my Stone - Nocturne plus RB - Stone, finally! so, 3 out of 4 2nd gens, suddenly. Cool beans biggrin.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/db3AU

http://dragcave.net/lineage/jupki

Edited by daba555

Congratulations, evilcostumelady and dragonpuck! biggrin.gif

I especially like how the RB lineage looks better at night, it's like a secret hidden lineage. xd.png

Congrats on your finish, dragonpuck. I missed seeing it during the nighttime hours, but it is very pretty even now. wink.gif

I've seen people in here saying to be wary about using Bleeding Moons in lineages, but did I listen? xd.png Nope. Got another one while trying for a 2nd gen Daydream for my Blue lineage (Daydream x Bleeding Moon + Guardian x Daydream). When I originally planned out that line, I didn't know that the BMs breed like rabbits. e.e I'll keep at it, though, but if I start drowning in BMs I'll swap them out for Skywings (Or maybe Waterhorses? Thoughts?).

Half the problem might be the bleeding moons, but the other half of your lineage issue could be that Soulpeace dragons are absurdly popular and everyone with a white and a daydream crashes the two together week after week for glitterballs. That pulls a good number of daydreams out of the system (Soulfails); combine that with Bleeding's ability to overpower (almost) anything and the dreamers really don't stand a chance, in my mind.

I think the skywings would be an interesting addition to the lineage (body shape contrast), but honestly, I would try waterhorse. The horses don't have an hybrid combo, (whereas the skywings do) and you might have better luck breeding overall. Otherwise, nocturnes turn a pretty blue at night tongue.gif

Here's the result!

poptartFINALTINY.gif Gratz on a finished project! The final result is actually very eye catching, none of those breeds really pop out to me individually, but altogether they make quite the statement.

Finished   biggrin.gif

4th gen RB

looks really good this time of day  biggrin.gif

poptartFINALTINY.gif I've only seen it at night so far I'm super curious to see it in the daylight too. Lovely lineage!

Several of my projects have finally bred correct eggs! Whoo! And then there's my bad idea to use all of the Bluna hybrid species in one lineage. >.> Thankfully this latest egg was not a bluna, but it wasn't what I needed either. Would anyone like a 3rd gen deep sea? It's a good bottom half to a project if you wanted deep seas for the outer edge.

Lineage || Adopted

Edited by Draketeeth

I have adopted your little egg Draketeeth. I love Deep Seas. I may do the other half with Deep Sea and Waterhorse. (Just what I need -- another idea! laugh.gif) That seems like it would be very pretty. I am doing a different kind of lineage with Deep Seas and Guardians and having trouble getting Guardians. Deep Sea seems to dominate right now.

Finally I have some progress of my own to report. My pygmies are still giving me the wrong breed, but my Stones finally decided to cooperate and I am officially finished with this!

Ohhh, purplehaze, congrats on that lovely stone-lineage!

May i ask you about an egg from that line? I like these strong coloured lineages very much! smile.gif

Ohhh, purplehaze, congrats on that lovely stone-lineage!

May i ask you about an egg from that line? I like these strong coloured lineages very much! smile.gif

Thanks! I will be glad to breed you an egg when they are ready again. smile.gif (and it looks like I promised you an egg from my Pygmy #1 lineage, too. They are available for breeding any time, so just shoot me a PM if you are still interested and have space for an egg.)

Edited by purplehaze