dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

Finally I have some progress of my own to report. My pygmies are still giving me the wrong breed, but my Stones finally decided to cooperate and I am officially finished with this!

IT'S SO LOVELY! wub.gif Congratulations! Can I have an egg after milkaq66 please? biggrin.gif

IT'S SO LOVELY! wub.gif Congratulations! Can I have an egg after milkaq66 please? biggrin.gif

Added you to my list. smile.gif

And I have more success to report. The replacement Purple that Ruby Eyes bred for me was accepted by my picky little rockin' Waterhorse and they gave me a lovely Waterhorse baby. wink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Added you to my list.  smile.gif

And I have more success to report. The replacement Purple that Ruby Eyes bred for me was accepted by my picky little rockin' Waterhorse and they gave me a lovely Waterhorse babywink.gif

wow, that purple/waterhorse is pretty smile.gif

I love the finished Stone, but it kind of makes me want to make one myself smile.gif

Not enough slots, still...

EDIT:

after taking a look at the first page to see what everyone was planning, I started reading Draketeeth's notes. oh, boy, did I need that laugh.gif

Edited by daba555

after taking a look at the first page to see what everyone was planning, I started reading Draketeeth's notes. oh, boy, did I need that laugh.gif

On that note ...

@dustpuppy: Would it be too much work to keep a link to everyone's project post in the list in the opening post of this thread? I'd gladly collect them if you'd just put them there at the top biggrin.gif since not all of these project posts are on page 1 of the thread.

And step by step, another progress egg: Day Glory to be a mate for this Ochre!

Dang! Did daylight saving set in somewhere?! THIS was supposed to be a DAY Glory!

Murphy's law

no egg FOREVER, then I auto the spit and now skywing-i thiought the holly contest was after dorsals this season dry.gif

any way can anyone use it?

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Edited by dragonpuck

Dang! Did daylight saving set in somewhere?! THIS was supposed to be a DAY Glory!

Well, it did, but not until yesterday and since the Glories go by when they were bred that shouldn't have affected it.

I have adopted your little egg Draketeeth . . . my Stones finally decided to cooperate and I am officially finished with this!

Water horse would be pretty! Their bright blue would match the skywings well. poptartFINALTINY.gif Gratz on a finished project.

I love the finished Stone, but it kind of makes me want to make one myself smile.gif

I was actually thinking something similar as well happy.gif Wonder what kind of fun it would be to use nocturnes as the outside for the stone/blue appearance. Too many ideas!

Glad my notes amused you tongue.gif

Would it be too much work to keep a link to everyone's project post in the list in the opening post of this thread? I'd gladly collect them if you'd just put them there at the top biggrin.gif since not all of these project posts are on page 1 of the thread.

Support this idea. This would be so useful, more so as the project grows and some posts get lost in later pages. I love hearing about everyone's progress, but forget what all everyone if it isn't mentioned in a while. A quick-click index would be awesome.

i thought the holly contest was after dorsals this season

They are after purple dorsals this year. It was spitfires last year and BBWs the year before.

Well, it did, but not until yesterday and since the Glories go by when they were bred that shouldn't have affected it.

But I bred that one roughly 40 minutes into the Sunrise hatching window - that should have been the time to make Day Glories, no? sad.gif

Pygmy Result!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

But I bred that one roughly 40 minutes into the Sunrise hatching window - that should have been the time to make Day Glories, no? sad.gif

Pygmy Result!

Well, I would have thought so, but it apparently had a mind of its own. blink.gif

Pygmy Result!

are you in Eastern Zone? if not, that could be why.

edit: love the pygmy!!!

Edited by daba555

Eh? Eastern? For me, Sunrises start hatching exactly at high noon - at least as long as BOTH cave and my country are either on daylight savings or on regular time.

I've almost got enough CB Water Walkers and CB Black Capped Teimarrs to start my own checkerboard project smile.gif

Eh? Eastern? For me, Sunrises start hatching exactly at high noon - at least as long as BOTH cave and my country are either on daylight savings or on regular time.

ah, well, just wondered - because if you weren't on Eastern time, it wouldn't match the cave.

I guess it's just one of those "dragons do what dragons will" things. Sorry! It must be frustrating.

Are Drakes an Eastern type of dragon? unsure.gif I mean, Sunrises/Sunsets look more Western to me ... I'm confused now. I used to think that glories bred during the Sunrise hatching timeframe would make Day Glories, and those bred during Sunset hatching time would make Night Glories. Was I wrong? Did that change?

Are Drakes an Eastern type of dragon?  unsure.gif  I mean, Sunrises/Sunsets look more Western to me ... I'm confused now. I used to think that glories bred during the Sunrise hatching timeframe would make Day Glories, and those bred during Sunset hatching time would make Night Glories. Was I wrong? Did that change?

No , that's correct-- or at least it was.

I think daba555 was saying that you have to adjust for your time zone. So if you did that and got the wrong one -- is it still in your log?? if so I'd take a screen shot and send it to TJ

I've been using the "tool" on EATW and have had no problems with sunrise/set( except when I can't get an egg, but that's a different issue dry.gif )

you have to adjust forum time to daylight savings manually, it changes on different days all over , not counting the places where it doesn't change at all. I've never paid attention to "cave" time before /after the change over perhaps that was the issue?

Edited by dragonpuck

No , that's correct-- or at least it was.

I think  daba555 was saying that you have to adjust for your time zone. So if you  did that and got the wrong one -- is it still in your log??  if so I'd take a screen shot and send it to TJ

I've been using the "tool" on EATW and have had no problems with sunrise/set( except when I can't get an egg, but that's a different issue dry.gif )

you have to adjust forum time to daylight savings manually, it changes on different days all over , not counting the places where it doesn't change at all. I've never paid attention to "cave" time before /after the change over  perhaps that was the issue?

I don't have to adjust MY timezone at all because HERE we don't have daylight savings yet. Seriously, this daylight "saving" garbage is causing more trouble than it's ever worth. Pile of rubbish, really. Even worse when they don't happen in a globally coordinated manner.

My log - now that's funny biggrin.gif Those 100 or something entries don't last a day, let alone the 4 days it took for me to notice the issue sad.gif

The eatw tool had also told me I'd get a Day Glory, just before I did the breeding. I guess it was lying. Did DC get daylight savings before or after the 6th of March? (After all, the forum time has nothing to do with cave time.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Are Drakes an Eastern type of dragon? unsure.gif I mean, Sunrises/Sunsets look more Western to me ... I'm confused now. I used to think that glories bred during the Sunrise hatching timeframe would make Day Glories, and those bred during Sunset hatching time would make Night Glories. Was I wrong? Did that change?

Sorry, Ruby - I meant Eastern time, because that's what the cave is on.

If the EATW tool told you it should be day glory, then I guess it did lie.

I don't try to match it to the Sunrise/Sunset schedule, since it lists it separately, although they should be the same.

Right now it says Sunrise can still hatch for 55 minutes, and night glories can be found in 6 hours and 55 minutes.

So yeah, when Sunsets start hatching in 6 hours 55 minutes, that's when night glories would start, too.

Gotta be a glitch! Daylight Savings started at 1:00 am on 3/9. And I agree, I hate it too, always have and always will. The reason it originated is no longer a reason!

On that note ...

@dustpuppy: Would it be too much work to keep a link to everyone's project post in the list in the opening post of this thread? I'd gladly collect them if you'd just put them there at the top biggrin.gif since not all of these project posts are on page 1 of the thread.

That is a very good idea! It would also help me find my own post quicker instead of scrolling down too fast and missing it. biggrin.gif I'll get on it in a moment.

Edit: and done. Please let me know if the links work or if some other information would be useful (like links to completed lineages although I don't really want to post that without permission xd.png ).

Edited by dustpuppy

Thanks, dustpuppy, for adding the links. That will be a great help. I usually don't have too much trouble finding my own first post because I'm on the front page, but it will help me find everyone else. smile.gif

Thanks, dustpuppy, for adding the links. That will be a great help. I usually don't have too much trouble finding my own first post because I'm on the front page, but it will help me find everyone else. smile.gif

yes! me too, what she said biggrin.gif

my link worked perfectly and now I can check out everyone else's - I didn't know there were so many!

Thank you for adding the links to our project posts in the OP! :D Mine is on page 13 so I used to have to hunt for it.

Nothing special to report at the moment, just that I got a Guardian instead of a Daydream as I tried to start on the 3rd gen of that half. Tomorrow I can try to breed the last 2nd gen I need for the other half, and here's hoping it's not another bloody Bleeding Moon. e.e (Though I know some breeders have had much worse luck than I with getting the wrong breed, so maybe I'll shut up now. XD)

. . . or if some other information would be useful (like links to completed lineages although I don't really want to post that without permission xd.png ).

That was super speedy of you happy.gif Thank you so much!

I honestly wouldn't post completed projects and just let folks do that in their own post. I've seen others mention (and I'm planning on doing it to one of my own projects) of re-arranging project halves to something more satisfactory, and that would give them freedom to alter and update "complete" projects at their discretion without having to bother anyone to update a master post whenever a project is swapped around. That's my feeling on the matter.

Tomorrow I can try to breed the last 2nd gen I need for the other half, and here's hoping it's not another bloody Bleeding Moon. e.e (Though I know some breeders have had much worse luck than I with getting the wrong breed, so maybe I'll shut up now. xd.png)

You just had to dabble in bleeding moons, didn't you? It's okay, I thought about doing a project or two with them as well.

Ya know, I don't know if it actually worked, or if the ratios swung in my favor for a breeding, but I was starting to get super impatient with my whip x albino duo for the whiptails they were dropping (though I too might duck my head since I know there are folks here who have longer progeny pages of wrong eggs). So I gave each parent a fertility influence, left them alone for a few hours, then came back and bred them. They dropped the egg I needed. Might be worth a shot?

lingrem - Awesome! Can't wait to see that project when you start working on it.