TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

I think TJ's mature tomorrow.

Oh and I'm taking advantage by going through the AP. Caught myself a 4th Gen Pink from M Gold/F Bright Pink Base. laugh.gif

Edited by Spyridon

I think TJ's mature tomorrow.

Oh and I'm taking advantage by going through the AP. Caught myself a 4th Gen Pink from M Gold/F Bright Pink Base. laugh.gif

pfft im doing the same thing! xd.png I love ER eggs in the AP

There are some good finds in the AP. Caught a 4th Gen Pink from a Male Silver/Female Bright Pink Base.

I just caught another tidal egg... the code is "Vwmwm"

does that make anyone else laugh? Im busting up

...im looking at the tidal hatchling more and more and it looks like a ladle.

Edited by Pandana

Caught 3 more tidals and two deserts (and a misclick) so I'm locked again for a while.

One of mine has hatched! smile.gif Wooo! Can't wait until TJ's grow up so we can see what they'll look like.

pfft im doing the same thing! xd.png I love ER eggs in the AP

Same here, AP hunts are sometimes just as rewarding as Cavehunts. That's where I got my first GW and my first Nebula. I've even gotten a few good lineage eggs as well, like a Tsunami that was a 4th gen perfect stairstep with Tsunami's and Silvers and a purple egg that was a very nice lineage that I got last week that matured around the time the release started.

I've got two pairs of each now, so I'm going to stop hunting for the new eggs until TJ's grow up and I can decide whether I like them.

It looks like they're commons by the way.

Same here, AP hunts are sometimes just as rewarding as Cavehunts. That's where I got my first GW and my first Nebula. I've even gotten a few good lineage eggs as well, like a Tsunami that was a 4th gen perfect stairstep with Tsunami's and Silvers and a purple egg that was a very nice lineage that I got last week that matured around the time the release started.

They totally can be. I got my first Blusang egg there, a 2nd gen with silver and blusang parents, it's also where I snagged a couple of gold eggs, which I was shocked I even managed to get. blink.gif

Most of the shimmers and Tinsels that I see in the AP though do have broken lineages, and it's a bit of a let down, but they're still pretty. x3

They totally can be. I got my first Blusang egg there, a 2nd gen with silver and blusang parents, it's also where I snagged a couple of gold eggs, which I was shocked I even managed to get. blink.gif

Most of the shimmers and Tinsels that I see in the AP though do have broken lineages, and it's a bit of a let down, but they're still pretty. x3

Wow, that's kool that you got a blusang. I never managed to see those.

The good thing about getting Shims and Tins with messy lineages is that it makes them great for freezing or perfect for writing descriptions. A lot of times I look at a dragon's lineage to help me write it's back story and sometimes the lineage also leads to a famous dragon like a Thuwed, Dorkface or some of the alt sprites, like Jewel or Penk.

Wow, that's kool that you got a blusang. I never managed to see those.

The good thing about getting Shims and Tins with messy lineages is that it makes them great for freezing or perfect for writing descriptions. A lot of times I look at a dragon's lineage to help me write it's back story and sometimes the lineage also leads to a famous dragon like a Thuwed, Dorkface or some of the alt sprites, like Jewel or Penk.

oh! That's very creative. Interesting, too.. I should try that out sometime. I have always wanted to start something on Dragoncave. xd.png but not sure what, I'm currently in the process of creating "Dovah" dragons.. basically kinda like Thuwed, just a name.

Buuuut I hardly doubt it'll get me anywhere rolleyes.gif

oh! That's very creative. Interesting, too.. I should try that out sometime. I have always wanted to start something on Dragoncave. xd.png but not sure what, I'm currently in the process of creating "Dovah" dragons.. basically kinda like Thuwed, just a name.

Buuuut I hardly doubt it'll get me anywhere rolleyes.gif

Thanks! It makes it a lot more fun to write descriptions that way. I've already got the makings of a decent story with some of my decripts that combine into each other.

Oh sweet! If I ever come across a Dovah I'll carry on the name. smile.gif I've got a few projects like that myself. All my moonstones have either Moonbright for the males or Moonbeam for the females. And my vampires are either Dracula or Bloodvain.

I think if I were to create a lineage project I'd start out with Bloodvain. (even though it's not really a lineage per say.) x3

My first eggs are in the ER now. smile.gif They should hatch soon-ish.

I wonder what i'll do with the spaces. tongue.gif

All of my initial new eggs hatched! The hatchlings are so cute...and of course I went and got completely egglocked within 10 minutes. lol.

However blue opals can breed green ones. I believe it was Rubyshoes who showed her opal parents and the egg. The parents were both blue and the egg was green.

I wish I could remember what topic it was where she showed it.

I still don't know how I got a CB blue opal during the release. There must've been over 100 other people after the same one I got.

I just had to test this, and bred all my CB Opals (8 pairs of Blues, 8 pairs of Greens) to see what would happen - every single pair gave an egg (yay!), and every single egg was the same colour as the parents (boo?). Anyway, there are now 16 PB 2nd gen Opals lurking in the AP for someone to find. smile.gif

On topic: My first two new releases have hatched and the others are well on the way. smile.gif However, I'm trying to avoid the AP and keep my spaces free for an incoming trade, which is TORTURE! There may have to be patchwork to distract me....

Just to say I was not talking about rares/Golds when I started this discussion. I never said rares were a birthright.

I was saying that it is understandable that people get frustrated and sad if they hunted for hours and got only lag. It IS understandable. And keep in mind not all players on here are adults that you can reason with in such a way.

Also keep in mind that not everyone can camp in the cave at like 3 AM for months. Or would you allow your child (even if a teenager) to do so for pixels? Maybe those people have other working times, or are in different time zones entirely? Also some people may just have old computer, bad connection, bad reflexes for some reasons. And no means to change this.

Again: Yes rares are supposed to be rare.

My issue are more the new releases, as most of those aren't even MEANT to be rare. I think there chould be changes to be less frustrating for people. I have like Cinnamin, so nicely, pointed out that many people just said they will do something else and they only get lag/no eggs anyway. Telling these people who try to try harder is not a way of reducing the amount of frustration.

The point is that I never had time before. I'm on a year-round swim team with practices late into the night, and early in the morning. I could NEVER find time to cave hunt. And you know why I never caught anything? I could only hunt every so often and on weekends. So if you don't wanna take the time to learn the game and to wait for some luck and momentary skill, then there's no point in worrying if you'll get such and such egg, because you won't.

Plus, I started this game when I was YOUNG. And I remember when the cave was just one line of eggs, and Valentines day 09 was a disaster. xd.png I didn't worry about grabbing one too much, I just clicked and clicked all day. I even have a video, HOURS after they started dropping, at like 7 O'Clock, when I FINALLY caught one. I don't remember a lot of anger back then. I'm pretty sure children have brains enough to understand, don't sell them short.

Also there are a fair amount of gifters around the cave. I got a CB Gold once for a bunch of COMMONS. So getting rares without reflexes is just as challenging as catching them yourself, but not impossible.

However, I DO have understanding. I am a very hotheadded person, and I can understand getting really furious for being left out and not being able to get what I want- what everyone else HAS. However, it's not how you win the came, it's how you play. Stay positive. smile.gif It makes it a lot more fun. Let me just leave you with the code of my "crazy impossible Val 09" to maybe inspire some players: keep hoping. smile.gif

Edited by Earth Gurl

One more day until we see the adults! I'm so impatient.

Is it true the new breeds are meant to be common? I so hope they are! biggrin.gif

caught another 2 deserts and another 2 Coastals, then went to the Alpine and there was an Opal! xd.png

happily locked, till my other Coastal hatches in several hours, Then I'll be able to have 6 of each! <3

Yay! All of mine hatched while I was sleeping and I just managed to get one more of each! I cannot wait to see these beauties all grown up!!

I don't have any qualms about how this release turned out. There was a straight flood for about 6 hours this time then the other 6 hours had MINIMAL blockers mixing in, basically 12 hours of nothing but the new release. At the initial drop I was O_O "Ain't no way I'm going to get anything from this release" because between the lag, and 300+ people in the biomes, and the notion that after 4 hours blockers were going to mix in-as usual- AND I'm not able to be on a computer all week, rendering me to use my phone for catching, didn't really leave me happy.

So I basically I ragequit at the 2nd hour in. Went to sleep. Woke up around 7, was shocked to see the eggs still dropping, caught and locked myself with them. The eggs had a couple blockers but that was it. This went on til about 1, then more blockers gradually started appearing. Either way, this was the ideal drop I was looking for.

My five new eggs hatched and I went of to get a fourth desert egg. Of course I misclicked at first attempt. And got a Thunder! How cools that?! o.O I tried so hart to get a thunder for so long and were never able to catch one. Think I love this release. This year of releases.

I don't see why people still are comlaining. sure it's hart to catch rare ones with a slow connection, but I also haven't got the fastest and was able to catch a Gold, a Silver, two Papers, wich I switched for Thunders, and the last six Tsunamies I needed since April. Hell, this year is just great for catching. I have never seen the biomes move so fast. On top of that I start to hope, that I really will be able to catch a Blusang, which I missed in the initial release, so I never as much as saw one in the cave. But these past weekes I have actually seen them. Okay, was to shocked to click at them in time, but I will get one, I'm sure! Isn't that what this game is about? The challenge to get even better in catching the dragons you long for?

Edited by Moiken

@Moiken, congrats on your thunder!

ah, i'm nervous, i'm sure i'll love the water breed <3 i love those hatchies c:

atm i have 3 eggs of each. i wonder, which should i (try to) grad for the 7th?

Well, I for one have never caught a CB Metal here, in all the years I've played (3 years now I think). It doesn't bother me though tbh - they are quite fugly in my eyes. But I feel the pain of those who are "complaining" as others have so rudely stated. 3 years and not a single CB metal is a tad steep, just like those who've been summoning for years and haven't had a single success.

It's nice to see that these might be common or uncommon (not that I'd mind another rare mind you, if only for variety) that way more people will have a chance to get them, especially those who missed the first release.

I've been playing for almost 4 years now, and have never caught a CB metal. I don't mind though- My philosophy is that I'll get them/trade for them eventually. That's why I'm not chasing after coppers - Eventually they won't be as rare, and I'll be able to get them. As a matter of fact, when I caught a green CB copper a few weeks ago (and I needed it as a mate) I traded it away for my first CB silver. I don't have solid scroll goals as such anyway, I just try to collect whatever I can use to breed for trading later on. CB rares I want for their own worth of course, but a lot of the stuff I collect is so that I can trade for better stuff later on. (Of course it doen't work that way in practice -I've lost track of all the 'goodies' I've collected over the years.)