TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

I like to make the caves move by taking blockers when I have enough egg space to see if anything good shows up.

I do that and sometimes get really good eggs that way. I picked up a gold and copper recently doing that.

This was news to me. I looked it up after reading your post, and here is the topic where she showed it if anyone is interested. Although apparently it was a blue bred from two green Opals, not the other way around.

It seems so unique, I kind of want mine to do that!

Oops, well at least we know it's possible. (Thanks for finding the post btw)

I'd like to try it myself, but I'm waiting until I get a female opal since the only opal I have is the male I got during the release.

In my opinion some (not all obviously) people need to get over this "I am entitled to be able to catch a CB Gold/Metal/Copper/Opal/whatever , and I need to catch one NOW. There are too many blockers and there are a million things wrong, people are catching too many of them, and I want a CB Metal/Copper/Opal/whatever." I believe one should have more patience than that. It'll come with work and patience. I've been waiting to catch a CB Gold since 2009 when I caught my first, and after getting up at 3 am every morning for a MONTH, I finally caught one. With patience. It's a challenging game. It's not a gimme game. I'm not attacking any one person in particular, I just thought I'd say what's on MY mind.

Obviously these eggs will be extremely common, so I don't see a problem with this particular breed anyway. But I thought I'd put in my two cents.

I hope you all have enjoyed your hunt so far!

Edited by Earth Gurl

In my opinion some (not all obviously) people need to get over this "I am entitled to be able to catch a CB Gold/Metal/Copper/Opal/whatever , and I need to catch one NOW. There are too many blockers and there are a million things wrong, people are catching too many of them, and I want a CB Metal/Copper/Opal/whatever." I believe one should have more patience than that. It'll come with work and patience. I've been waiting to catch a CB Gold since 2009 when I caught my first, and after getting up at 3 am every morning for a MONTH, I finally caught one. With patience. It's a challenging game. It's not a gimme game. I'm not attacking any one person in particular, I just thought I'd say what's on MY mind.

Obviously these eggs will be extremely common, so I don't see a problem with this particular breed anyway. But I thought I'd put in my two cents.

Well said. smile.gif

Amen.

I agree. While it is frustrating to not get one month after month and going into years, in no way are you entitled to anything. In the real world do you look at someone more successful and demand they either give you their money or ask the government to give you money? They're either luckier than you or are doing something right.

I got a cb gold and I still can't believe I actually have one. Got him in 2008 from either the drops or the AP. Back then DC was really different in how it looked. Still lots of people back then. Lots have changed since then biggrin.gif It is the cb silver I am in need of. Have 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation ones!!! Might be able to get one thru the b-day one or the other forums or by swapping eggs.

Oh and finally the first two new eggs have caught up to the copper egg in displaying their first crack. Lets see which hatchling emerges first--copper or these new ones. smile.gif

Edited by LuvDragons

*applause*

I'm one of those players who likes to help clear out the AP or snag commons. Yes, of course I hunt for rares, and I have a wishlist with rares, but it's not worth it if everyone is just after the rares. After I caught two eggs of each type for this new release, I went and got hatchie locked with ER eggs. And that's been just as much fun as the new release.

My first desert hatched too. The other new eggs still have an hour or so before they can hatch. I was able to catch a coastal egg right away after the desert one hatched though so now I have 4 of each.

I agree, most of the rares I have now have been caught with time and patience. Im not entirely sure if Blusangs are considered rare.. but they seem to get snagged fairly quickly when they pop up in the caves. I've made a habit of collecting cb blusangs, I guess my catching skills on the website have improved since when I first started. I learned a technique(that a lot of people probably use: *hinthint* hoverhover! 8D ), and im hoping to catch a caveborn gold one day. <3

Blusangs have become a lot more common in the last couple weeks. They've been around for over a year now, and if I recall correctly a dragon stops counting toward the ratios after a year. I suspect the flood we have at the start of each release affects the ratios. The big flood happens and thousands of new eggs are dropped, making them rare for the rest of the year compared to what they 'normally' would be. If this prediction is correct expect the coppers to become more common next year after their release date passes.

Blusangs have become a lot more common in the last couple weeks. They've been around for over a year now, and if I recall correctly a dragon stops counting toward the ratios after a year. I suspect the flood we have at the start of each release affects the ratios. The big flood happens and thousands of new eggs are dropped, making them rare for the rest of the year compared to what they 'normally' would be. If this prediction is correct expect the coppers to become more common next year after their release date passes.

Thanks for the explanation, I never knew that biggrin.gif

I really hope you're right that the coppers will become more common, I really want more.. and havent seen more than three since the release xd.png such elusive creatures

Was there a flood way back when the Gold and Silver dragons were first released? It was before my time. (I am grinning, picturing a flood of CB Gold eggs.) Did they even do floods back then? Or were new releases just mixed in suddenly with all the rest without warning?

Does anyone know usally how long it takes TJ dragons to grow up?

They hatch soon after he first shows them, but that is because they usually are at 4 days 12 hrs or so. Once they hatch, they take until the 4 day mark to grow up, as do all dragons.

Edited by ainisarie

His eggs hatch "early" but they take the same amount of time to grow up as any other dragon . Totally frustrating to have to wait laugh.gif click on the hatchies in his post and you can see the time left( if there is no time it's been frozen)

Was there a flood way back when the Gold and Silver dragons were first released? It was before my time. (I am grinning, picturing a flood of CB Gold eggs.) Did they even do floods back then? Or were new releases just mixed in suddenly with all the rest without warning?

I believe they came out with the cave start. However there was a glitch with the ratios not long before I started that made them super common. and you couldn't give them away because no one wanted them. It didn't last long but it took the cave a very looooooong time to recover and to be able to catch/breed metals again after. So yes, there was a metal flood...followed by a drought.

Just to say I was not talking about rares/Golds when I started this discussion. I never said rares were a birthright.

I was saying that it is understandable that people get frustrated and sad if they hunted for hours and got only lag. It IS understandable. And keep in mind not all players on here are adults that you can reason with in such a way.

Also keep in mind that not everyone can camp in the cave at like 3 AM for months. Or would you allow your child (even if a teenager) to do so for pixels? Maybe those people have other working times, or are in different time zones entirely? Also some people may just have old computer, bad connection, bad reflexes for some reasons. And no means to change this.

Again: Yes rares are supposed to be rare.

My issue are more the new releases, as most of those aren't even MEANT to be rare. I think there chould be changes to be less frustrating for people. I have like Cinnamin, so nicely, pointed out that many people just said they will do something else and they only get lag/no eggs anyway. Telling these people who try to try harder is not a way of reducing the amount of frustration.

I believe they came out with the cave start. However there was a glitch with the ratios not long before I started that made them super common. and you couldn't give them away because no one wanted them. It didn't last long but it took the cave a very looooooong time to recover and to be able to catch/breed metals again after. So yes, there was a metal flood...followed by a drought.

omg I wish I was around when that happened. blink.gif