TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

Huh? If the yellow crowned dragons sort alphabetically in the S, why is it called yellow crowned?...

Likely because the site stores it with a different name then the description shows. There's a few other dragons that have that trait.

e: The Yellow Crowned's necks really bother me. I think they're too thick near the skull? And the female Tidals have too little contrast between their heads and the back wing; they kind of blend together and make it hard to see the face.

Edited by Guillotine

Great stuff (just seen the first few adults) - but why do Yellow-Crowned sort among the S dragons ? Have they another name like waters do ?

The adults are very nice. Thanks to the spriters!

But I have mixed feelings about the Red-finned Tidal Dragon because the red color and the posture of the adult (female) do not make it look like a sea creature.

I like the Bananaface that blue and yellow pretty dragon I'm going to get more of in the future. No, it really is pretty.

Tidal is rather cool too.

The deserts are too plain for my tastes. The red fins are quite pretty, though, although I'm a bit sad that the male went from adorable serpentine S2 to a rather stiff bodied adult.

I wonder what the Yellow-Crowned dragons sort as. Sunning?

Edited by Isuzu

Is my PC acting up or did TJ really forget to freeze the coasts? I really like the coast ones, the desserts I find a bit boring. But I loved their simple egg design.

Is my PC acting up or did TJ really forget to freeze the coasts? I really like the coast ones, the desserts I find a bit boring. But I loved their simple egg design.

It happens sometimes. But don't worry, he'll revert one of the extra adults to hatchling stage and freeze it xd.png

Likely because the site stores it with a different name then the description shows. There's a few other dragons that have that trait.

e: The Yellow Crowned's necks really bother me. I think they're too thick near the skull? And the female Tidals have too little contrast between their heads and the back wing; they kind of blend together and make it hard to see the face.

I agree with the Yellow Crowns. The coloring's nice and all but it just seems a tad awkward. The Red Fins are quite lovely though.

The adults look great, I love the male Red-finned Tidal's tail. I think I like the Yellow-Crowned dragons best, but the neck is pretty weird looking.

*nod* Yeah, I do see both those things. I think the deal with the Yellow-Crown's neck is that I don't see how the spine would lead into the base of the skull. The female Tidals, I noticed the same thing right away -- their front end is muddy, and I would love to be able to differentiate their face a little better.

BUT!

I really like the dragons, on a whole!

The Yellow-Crowned is so nicely rendered, very bright and clean. It rides a nice middle line in terms of detail and shading, and so I think it will look nice in lineages with a variety of dragons, older and newer. It's fun to have the yellow/blue combo, as well; pretty unique among the DC dragons!

And the Tidal dragons... the long weaving tails, the red highlights, the lovely shading... I already had a soft spot for oceanic dragons, and for blue dragons, and this just reenforces it. I particularly like the male, as I feel it's very sharply defined, especially due to the strong highlight on its underbelly that allows the shaded area to serve almost as a thicker line defining the outer edge.

Spriters, thanks, again!

Beautiful adult sprites! I'm glad I was able to get as many of these as I did.

Wonderful job, spriters, and thanks again TJ!!

I love there colors so much wub.gif

they look gentle and graceful.

thank you spriters for these wonderful dragons, and TJ too xd.png

they are a very welcome in my scroll ^^

I absolutely love Earthgirl's tidals! wub.gif I can't wait for mine to grow up now! JOTB's yellow crowned are gorgeous, too. The male's body reminds me a bit of the male silver.

They are amazing, I wish I got some of them, but this is going to be good with the Yellow-Crowns. Though you got to pity those pool little things, they are so adapted to living in hot regions that they end up being bad off in other cases.

But the Red-fined is so pretty and they sound like a cute and sweet breed

(...) But I have mixed feelings about the Red-finned Tidal Dragon because the red color and the posture of the adult (female) do not make it look like a sea creature.

@Bugzilla:

Well, I don't know about the posture, I can very well imagine it swimming that way, but that's a matter of taste and perspective, I guess. However, reagarding the colour - it's supposed to live among coral reefs. It would rather look unlike a sea creature from there if it hadn't the red to it. Want red sea creatures ? Click me ! wink.gif

@dragons:

I just love the female Tidal ! Beautiful colours, great posture ! I confess, I needed a moment to sort head from wing, too, but after a little shift in perspective it fell into place, and has stayed there since then. Leaving her being just gorgeous !

The male doesn't manage to win me over the same way, mainly because of the long, very straight body in the foreground. It stands out a little too much, thus disrupting the harmony of the sprite for me. The rest of him is really beautiful, though ! Especially the meandering tail and the red on the undersides of the wings !

For both I just love the design of the heads with those wonderful horns/fin ridges ! Really lovely !

Like the description, too. smile.gif

The Yellow-Crowneds (Ha ! They misled us all by pretending their name started with an s !) were a very positive surprise to me ! Their colours turned out lovely, indeed, and I quite like their overall shape. The postures would be great, too, but each sprite has one detail that puts me off: The male - well, the neck. The head seems to be placed a bit too low, indeed. The female - what is she doing with her hind legs ?? In front she's walking, and the back-half is... jumping ?? Or is she supposed to be in the process of landing ? But for that the front-half seems too still for me... Hm. However, when ignoring the hind legs I think her posture with the spread wings is absolutely great ! And that blue and gold on the wings is stunning !

So, all in all I'm really happy with this release ! Thank you, TJ and, especially, spriters !!

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Oh My Goodness they are both Stunning!!! wub.gif The males of both breeds are amazing! Well done Spriters! Thank you to everyone involved in there release. biggrin.gif

Awesome sprites and colors! And a big yay for more blue-based dragons! laugh.gif

The only thing I kind of miss is the greenish hue from the Tidal-egg in the adult dragon. But compared to how great both breeds look, that's a minor detail.

Coastal are really nice! I love them, I think that a lineage with blusangs would be great wink.gif

Even Yellow-Crowned Dragon is good, this is a productive relase!

Thank you TJ, Earthgirl, JOTB, and anyone else who might be involved for a great release like this.

Edited by Naruhina_94