TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

That would be nice to see next time there's a new non-holiday release, To have one of them be pygmies. We have currently what, less then ten species of pygmies counting the Halloween Pumpkin Dragon?

What if there was one for Valentines day? It could look like one of those candy hearts? You know, the ones that have little messages on them? ex: Be mine, Luv U, Best Friend, etc.

Or there could be a little Hershey Kiss-like Pygmy. That'd make a cute new metallic.

Then there's my favorite Valentine candy, Gummy Bears. Even if that isn't used for a Valentine it could be like the Stripe dragons where there are several colors; green, white, yellow, etc.

I'm just brainstorming, but what does anyone else think?

I think you have some nice ideas, why don't you take it to Dragon Requests and make a breed? smile.gif I know there will be a lot of supportive people who'll egg you on.

So we have about 17 bhours till we know what the adults are! Yeahoo! I love the new releases!

With all the ER eggs on the AP I'm filling out my frozen hatchies army and my Inbred Army (the second is harder to do than the first). Can't wait to see what the adults look like.

e.

Maybe the egg size is a mirage and that's why there's that shimmer in the air around them. laugh.gif

They can be bitten though, only normal dragons can be bitten.

Edited by platedlizard

I think you have some nice ideas, why don't you take it to Dragon Requests and make a breed? smile.gif I know there will be a lot of supportive people who'll egg you on.

HAHAAAAA, 'egg' you on. xd.png

Those are shiny ideas. Definitely go get spriters spriting, Syiren. I personally long for the day that the Poof Pygmy is released!

*Pokes at TJ's hatchies* C'mon, grow up, you.

Edited by LibbyLishly

Those are shiny ideas. Definitely go get spriters spriting, Syiren. I personally long for the day that the Poof Pygmy is released!

OMG! Those Poof Pygmies are the cutest! Why aren't they released yet????

I did that a little while ago with the Gummy Dragon idea. I think it's the strongest of the three, I just have to wait for a mod to review it before it becomes a public thread. Thanks for the interest. ^^

Now what I need to do is work on color schemes.

The design for the new desert egg is giving me some ideas, the ways it shines and appears to glow at the base.

I'd prefer a new breed for the drakes before we have more pygmies xd.png

Anyway, the hatchlings are so cute, I love the coastal ones. Another breed of water dragons wub.gif I haven't incubated my eggs, so they will hatch tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the adults...

Anyway, the hatchlings are so cute, I love the coastal ones. Another breed of water dragons wub.gif I haven't incubated my eggs, so they will hatch tomorrow.

Oooh yea. Definitely need more Drakes, we only have 3.

And two of those three hatch from the same egg...

I agree, drakes are so neat.

I just locked myself with hatchies, I do that so rarely that I thought there was a glitch when the cave said I was overburdened at five eggs rolleyes.gif

So...the eggs are dropping still, but less frequently. The commons are, yet again, clogging the cave. I wonder, if TJ will once again, put up the 'As you venture to the way your heading, you see a huge pile of eggs. They're plenty of eggs here, why not (url to the abandoned page)grab one of those instead?' Or something like that. I remember that was when Commons like Grays and Canopies, where actually rare because the habitats where mainly empty.

Sorry I'm getting off topic. Anywho, the coast hatchling male is SO CUTE! I mean, the details of the tail, the little red flesh growths on the wings, the tiny tufts of...feathers? Well. I have no idea what the red things behind it's ears, maybe the inside of the ears? It would be interesting to see this little blue and red water creature swimming around our scrolls.

EDIT - I just saw a Desert egg, with 45 people watching. And like a doofus, I just sat there refreshing, seeing how long it will last there. Over 20 seconds. ^w^ Nice to see somebody who needed it take it.

Edited by car340

Scrolled through the completed requests lists and found no drakes Oo Or maybe I just missed them? I hope so.

*pokes eggs* somehow I am temted to incubate them so that they finally hatch. But I am to lazy. I want to see the adults. Now xd.png

So...the eggs are dropping still, but less frequently. The commons are, yet again, clogging the cave. I wonder, if TJ will once again, put up the 'As you venture to the way your heading, you see a huge pile of eggs. They're plenty of eggs here, why not (url to the abandoned page)grab one of those instead?' Or something like that. I remember that was when Commons like Grays and Canopies, where actually rare because the habitats where mainly empty.

Sorry I'm getting off topic. Anywho, the coast hatchling male is SO CUTE! I mean, the details of the tail, the little red flesh growths on the wings, the tiny tufts of...feathers? Well. I have no idea what the red things behind it's ears, maybe the inside of the ears? It would be interesting to see this little blue and red water creature swimming around our scrolls.

EDIT - I just saw a Desert egg, with 45 people watching. And like a doofus, I just sat there refreshing, seeing how long it will last there. Over 20 seconds. ^w^ Nice to see somebody who needed it take it.

No, it looks like AP blocking is turned off for good. Actually I prefer it, it gives a good reason to pick up AP eggs (they are ER now so they don't take up much time in your eggslots, which makes picking up commons off the AP worth it). It looks like the new eggs are probably commons, once they're no longer in demand they'll be a lot easier to catch. So give it a couple weeks, maybe a month, any everyone no matter how slow will get their fill of them.

And two of those three hatch from the same egg...

Ochedrake had its own egg and the Glory Twins were the ones with the same egg.

oh my gosh those pygmies are adorable! Thanks btw. Sadly, I don't know any spriters.

Scrolled through the completed requests lists and found no drakes Oo Or maybe I just missed them? I hope so.

I think at least these three are meant to be DC Drakes (rather than generic drakes):

Cherry Drake

Sun Conure Drake

Lupine Drake

We DEFINITELY need more Drakes. I still think they should be able to mate with regular dragons, regardless of intelligence, but... meh. More, more, more!

I think at least these three are meant to be DC Drakes (rather than generic drakes):

Cherry Drake

Sun Conure Drake

Lupine Drake

We DEFINITELY need more Drakes. I still think they should be able to mate with regular dragons, regardless of intelligence, but... meh. More, more, more!

ohmy.gif THE SUN DRAKE IS BEAUTIFUL <3

Cherry Drake

Sun Conure Drake

Lupine Drake

I somehow must have missed them Oo I love the Sun Conures, they are beautiful <3

Cherry Drake

Sun Conure Drake

Lupine Drake

Oh, yes, their "low intelligence"... rolleyes.gif

If that's the reason, it's ridiculous. There have been so many releases of "real" dragons that have been reduced to animal intelligence / solely instinctual behaviour (The one that comes immediately to mind is the Seragamma, but there are others.) that the Drakes wouldn't stand out among them, as long as they have the mental capacities of higher vertebrates, like birds or mammals (which they do).

In fact, the "flamboyant and fun-loving" Ochre drake seems to have much more sentience than some "dragons".

But all that aside - more Drakes would be marvellous, and more Pygmy dragons would be great, too !! (More 2-Heads wouldn't hurt, either, but they got quite some reinforcements recently.) That way there would be so much more possibilities for breeding projects !

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

PS: The Sun Conure is beautiful, but I prefer the Cherry guy ! smile.gif I like the Lupine very much, too, but he could use a little makeover, to get the sprite a little more detailed (the idea and poses are great, it just needs some polish).

PPS: 13 more hours to go. That's soooo long...

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Drakes are mid-sized though, too large to mate with pygmies and too small to mate with full-sized dragons, right? The smallest full-sized dragon is the mint, which I've always thought was about the size of a Volkswagen Bug... That sun conure drake is described as being dog-sized, and I always got the impression that ocherdraks and the glories are about that same size. Pygmies are smaller, cat-sized and under.

e. I love that Sun Conure, I bet they're really noisy just like real sun conures xd.png

Edited by platedlizard

Oh, yes, their "low intelligence"... rolleyes.gif

If that's the reason, it's ridiculous. There have been so many releases of "real" dragons that have been reduced to animal intelligence / solely instinctual behaviour (The one that comes immediately to mind is the Seragamma, but there are others.) that the Drakes wouldn't stand out among them, as long as they have the mental capacities of higher vertebrates, like birds or mammals (which they do).

In fact, the "flamboyant and fun-loving" Ochre drake seems to have much more sentience than some "dragons".

But all that aside - more Drakes would be marvellous, and more Pygmy dragons would be great, too !! (More 2-Heads wouldn't hurt, either, but they got quite some reinforcements recently.) That way there would be so much more possibilities for breeding projects !

Wait a sec, aren't the Glory Drakes valued in the DC world for their high intelligence which allows them to understand human speech and learn from them as well as peacefully co-existing with humans by making the smart choice to make peace with humans rather then terrorize villagers and livestock?

I thought I remember the description being close to that.

Let me grab the descriptions real quick...

Day Glory drakes are radiant and friendly creatures that love the company of humans. They are so friendly, in fact, that they will eat food and treats right from a person’s palm. Despite their friendliness, they aren’t an easy target for predators due to their excellent flying abilities; when danger approaches, they are able to vanish within seconds. Breeding only occurs during the day when the sun is warm.

Unlike their diurnal relatives, Night Glory drakes are shy and reserved. Active during the night, they are often mistaken for bats and chased away from human settlements. With their excellent agility and night vision, they are perfectly adapted to nocturnal life. Breeding only takes place during evenings after the dark settles in.

No mention of intelligence; they're just nonaggressive.

Edited by Guillotine

Let me grab the descriptions real quick...

No mention of intelligence; they're just nonaggressive.

Ahh~ I see, I think I got mixed up when it mentioned the part about being fed human food. Thanks for clearing that up. happy.gif

Actually, Day Glory drakes aren't very intelligent critters. ^^; They are fast, though.

Night Glories are smarter than them, however...

Ugh. Those CaveCast episodes are gone. ._.