TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

My eggs are all at the 4 day 11-12 hour mark. <3 omg im so excited! Im going to try and catch more after these beauties hatch later tonight.

Also, does anyone think the new tidel dragon might be based off an oarfish?

user posted image

Edited by Pandana

These new release dragons look really great! Good job spriters and thanks to everyone that makes these possible. I haven't caught any yet myself - was visiting my sister out of town when they released Sunday - but I plan to stalk the hour drops until I get at least one of each. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Only 10 more hours and I will have some hatchlings.. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Also, does anyone think the new tidel dragon might be based off an oarfish?

user posted image

It does look very similar to our lovely coastal breed! It doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility to me. laugh.gif We'll have to ask the spriter for the official word on whether it was part of the base idea once TJ's hatchies grow up - not long now!

A good amount of mine will be hatching like a minute or less after the original release time tonight since I grabbed some very quickly once the release began ( and incubated! ) - so excited. happy.gif

I caught all 6 of mine within the first 15 minutes, so I should have babies before I go to bed tonight!

The hatchings are beautiful biggrin.gif

Edited by Husker

In fact someone does want to trade commons,even caveblockers,not eggs,but hatchings.there are a lot of people who are dong lineages like me,they need a lot of commons,but they don't have space for them.They will trade a lot of things for common hatchings.

The eggs in ap are around 4 days,so it's not that hard to get some hatchings.With that,you can trade pretty much thing you need.

And there are many threads such like New Release Gifting Force and TGT where you can get new releases there if you can't get any yourself.

If you need more,you should find a way yourself.

Well in all honesty (and I am one of the people who have a very dreadful connection and can't catch a thing) it IS very frustrating to have to trade for every single thing.

It's frustrating to hunt for hours and all that is gotten is lag. It's frustrating and it is NOT fun, and as DC is supposed to be a game and hence fun I can understand the people who are seriously sad, angry and frustrated.

And there is absolutely no need to tell these people off to try harder. And I think people here should not be discriminated based on their connection or reflexes.

True, but then so many people who are not able to catch some eggs have then very poor chances on trading. Hardly anyone wants to trade for commons/caveblockers.

I thought it would be fun trading, but it is not so much tbh. Especialy with new releases - people want ridiculous things for them - I call that greed

On the other hand you cannot tell people off for trading their eggs and acceptingt the best possible price. Yes I agree those dragons are not worth rares. I wholeheartedly agree.

Nevertheless I traded for my 7 eggs with 2 gen 2 metallics. My policy is to do those deals however with nice people, people who are not pushy about me paying more than the dragon is worth but who appreciate that I am giving them a nice rare for a low price. I get the Commons I need and I am able to spread nice metallics upon folks. It is win-win.

Having said this I do not only pay metallics like this for new releases but also for ordinary Cave Blockers like fogs and the like.

I was not too long ago declared insane for swapping a gen 2 silver from fog for a gen 2 Fog from silver egg, just to name an example. Yes: 1 to 1 Trade!

Edited by Nalyua

Whoop my eggs are starting to crack! Unfortunately for me, I caught all of my eggs about 3.5 hours after the release started.

I think it was an hour and a half or two hours after release that I managed to get mine.

Well in all honesty (and I am one of the people who have a very dreadful connection and can't catch a thing) it IS very frustrating to have to trade for every single thing.

It's frustrating to hunt for hours and all that is gotten is lag. It's frustrating and it is NOT fun, and as DC is supposed to be a game and hence fun I can understand the people who are seriously sad, angry and frustrated.

And there is absolutely no need to tell these people off to try harder. And I think people here should not be discriminated based on their connection or reflexes.

In all honesty, I don't know how else Dragcave could work. Everyone gets the eggs with no challenge and we're on our way? Just eliminate the challenge because people complain that it's too hard? I do get the frustration - I got so frustrated for the Marrows releases that I gave up completely and went on a small hiatus, but how can we change the game? I don't think it should be changed (or if change, then gradual changes? Such as the shift from one cave to multiple biomes? I don't know).

Edited by kiyoura

In all honesty, I don't know how else Dragcave could work. Everyone gets the eggs with no challenge and we're on our way? Just eliminate the challenge because people complain that it's too hard? I do get the frustration - I got so frustrated for the Marrows releases that I gave up completely and went on a small hiatus, but how can we change the game? I don't think it should be changed (or if change, then gradual changes? Such as the shift from one cave to multiple biomes? I don't know).

The only change the game needs to be fun is for the biomes to actually move, which requires that the current ratio system be fixed. It's the ratio system that causes blockers and stagnant biomes, which makes getting eggs after the initial release a chore or nigh-impossible.

What you call challenge is the result of a badly malfunctioning system.

I think that one is a bit hard. I am deaf, and I will never get to hear a lot of the stuff that others do - that does not mean I am being "discriminated against" - it just means I - miss a lot. Such is life. Nothing can be done about it - just as nothing can be done about slow reflexes, arthritis, or - sadly - connections. Mine in Canada beggars belief; to have any hope at all of playing I have to go to a coffee shop with free wifi.... the only people discriminating against me there are - the phone and internet companies. There's a fibreoptic cable 10 metres from my house - but I am not entitled to be connected to it. That is NOT TJ's fault.

If you see what I mean.

The only change the game needs to be fun is for the biomes to actually move, which requires that the current ratio system be fixed. It's the ratio system that causes blockers and stagnant biomes, which makes getting eggs after the initial release a chore or nigh-impossible.

What you call challenge is the result of a badly malfunctioning system.

By increasing the amount of eggs that people want? That still won't solve the cave blocker issue because once people grab those fancy golds and coppers and silvers, it'll be blocked by cave blockers again.

Then maybe it's the length of time any given Cave Blocker remains there BEING a Blocker is the problem?

ETA spellfail

Edited by oddsoxdi

I'm really enjoying having these monthly scheduled releases! Before they started I'd sort of lost interest, but now there's a new goal to look forward to each month. Very exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing how these little ones turn out.

Then maybe it's the length of time any given Cave Blocker remains there BEING a Blocker is the problem?

ETA spellfail

The length of time is at most one hour, because all of the biomes are cleared out at the top of the hour for the new drop. And I really hate the term 'cave blocker'. They're commons, that's why they're there, they're common. If people would just pick up more commons we wouldn't have this problem.

ETA spellfail

I think the problem is people only want what's rare. Which is understandable.

Another solution I've heard of it rotating the eggs out (like, put them at the end of the line after x amount of time and have a new egg pop up), but this will probably mean more work for the server and the caveblockers will still be caveblockers.

By increasing the amount of eggs that people want? That still won't solve the cave blocker issue because once people grab those fancy golds and coppers and silvers, it'll be blocked by cave blockers again.

Well, if there were a wide variety of common eggs rather than the same few that almost everyone has enough of already and almost nobody wants more of, then various people on the biomes would likely find something they want/need among the mix.

People don't just want/need metallics or whatever, but they certainly don't want to to collect a scroll full of dragons they don't want which are simply over-produced for an environment which cannot support them without artificial measures being enforced.

More generally:

Most of the people here have older computers/poor connections/disabilities or may be very young or old, while a relatively small number have speedy systems and mad clicking skillz and most of the time, most of the people are not having fun not catching things and refreshing Blockers or sacrificing their limited spaces to hold them 5 hours to dump into the AP and more and more people are losing interest in doing things that are boring/frustrating and not fun in their recreational time.

So it's in TJ's interest to make the game more fun for the majority of his site's users, in order to gain advertising revenue and keep the site going.

People have fun when they can catch Releases and misery when they can't - look at the threads to see the conversations on easy versus 'challenging' Releases.

And note the number of people (likely a small percentage of the whole) who posted that they left early to go to bed/do something constructive on the night of the Release, rather than stay up and miss sleep in a situation which too many times has brought them little or no return for their effort.

And the Flood for each Release may be the only chance many people have to ever get any of these dragons as CBs.

What may be easy for people with the before-mentioned fast systems may be almost impossible for people without them.

This is a family site with a wide variety of people around the world playing here for relaxation, fun and dragons, and if they repeatedly fail to get these here, in order to supply a relative few with a challenge on their level in an otherwise slow game not requiring (expensive) computer speed, TJ will wind up with relatively few active players.

Those of us who love our dragons and hate to miss new ones might stick around for Releases, as long as we have any hope of possibly catching any, but the discouragement levels are pretty much maxed out for many already.

Silly of us to care about a game site, I suppose, but the dragons are often beautiful and there's still a community here, although it seems to be shrinking a lot...

Excited to see these guys grow up, but impatient to have to wait, lol.

Well, if there were a wide variety of common eggs rather than the same few that almost everyone has enough of already and almost nobody wants more of, then various people on the biomes would likely find something they want/need among the mix.

People don't just want/need metallics or whatever, but they certainly don't want to to collect a scroll full of dragons they don't want which are simply over-produced for an environment which cannot support them without artificial measures being enforced.

I think the next few releases should be commons. The Coppers were meant to be Uncommon but due to the fact that drop less frequently than commons and are in high demand, they've become rare. I still haven't seen any drop in the cave on my end. I'm giving Green Opals another couple of months to cool down before even beginning to ask them in trades as people seem to only be departing with them if you give a few full body sized cadavers.

Other than that, I'm happily catching from the AP to fill up on Commons as I'm trying to get 24 of each dragon type. So taking advantage of the fact that you can hatch them immediately. I only wish I had seven different slots for those caught from the AP as I fill up quickly.

Edited by Spyridon

Still have 12-13 hours to wait for my first new release egg to hatch. I wonder what it'll look like. I'm exited to see what they look like. x3 I purposely haven't seen TJ's because I want to be surprised when my own hatch.

does anyone know what names these guys will have? Have they been given nicknames? (wants to call them something other then desert and coastal)

Still have 12-13 hours to wait for my first new release egg to hatch. I wonder what it'll look like. I'm exited to see what they look like. x3 I purposely haven't seen TJ's because I want to be surprised when my own hatch.

does anyone know what names these guys will have? Have they been given nicknames? (wants to call them something other then desert and coastal)

The most commons names are Tidal for the Coastal and someone suggested Sunflare for the Desert.

You can see what they look like by going to TJ's first post... His hatched long ago.

well i found that this release was soo much easier to catch all the breeds than the last one...(those darn green opals are still eluding me).

super excited to see what the coastal ones grow up into, i think they'll look great with deep seas - HOPEFULLY! i'm happily locked with at least 2 of each breed, influenced for pairs. happy hunting everyone!