TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

These sprites are beautiful! Thank you spriters for the new additions. And thanks to TJ for making the egg flood last way longer than usual, I'm sure everyone appreciated it smile.gif

Would like to mention, AOND is a higher-View fansite and has a warning that Views can spike during Releases, so be careful - I personally would not ever enter a brand-new egg into the NDer, although I swear by it for even slightly older eggs, hatchies and for ERing.

But I've never had a problem with putting new eggs into Silvi's, which tends to have a lower View rate, (although this also can increase during Releases, so Fogging eggs while you sleep and can't check them, at least during that first day, might be an idea) and would like to point out that ERing 4-day eggs with no Views results in a VERY low ratio of U views, so that more Views are needed, increasing both the time taken to ER and the possibility of Sickness.

Also, that if too many people fog masses of new eggs to 4 days and ER, the overload in the ERs can reach epic proportions.

So please, at some point, give some Views and help clean out hatched eggs and adults in the fansites you use, so we don't all have a complete slow-down in the process?

Giving back in this manner helps the system to move more smoothly, since we can only get from fansites what we, the users, put in, resulting in faster ERing in rotations no longer loaded with 'finished' dragons holding back the still-ER eggs/hatchies from getting Views, and is something that may also help save a lot of new hatchies from Sickness, especially if any over-loaded ER sites glitch.

Just went to the Cave to try and fill the slot previously held by a miss-clicked Spitfire. I now have a my 3rd Desert egg, giving me 3 and 3 of the new breeds.

As for names, hm... Between Stripe and Sunrise for the Desert egg and between Thunder and Tri-Horn for the Coastal.

I've seen Sunflare suggested for the desert, but a LOT of Sun titles are possible as well as something Striving, Strong, Strumming, Suave, Sub-something, Successful, Suede, Suffering, Summer-something, yeah, there are a LOT of possibilities out there.

As for the Coastal, I saw Tidal suggested, but anything starting Ti, To, Tra or Tre is possible.

They both have a wide range of possibilities for names, especially considering that the Black Capped Teimarrs were on the Completed List under Black, but ended up in the Cave under Teimarr. xd.png

I just realized we've been having a lot of blue releases lately.

And I caught another coast, so I am totally locked until everything hatches. But when they do, I think I will be exclusively hunting around the AP.

Edited by Jazeki

Would like to mention, AOND is a higher-View fansite and has a warning that Views can spike during Releases, so be careful - I personally would not ever enter a brand-new egg into the NDer, although I swear by it for even slightly older eggs, hatchies and for ERing.

But I've never had a problem with putting new eggs into Silvi's, which tends to have a lower View rate, (although this also can increase during Releases, so Fogging eggs while you sleep and can't check them, at least during that first day, might be an idea) and would like to point out that ERing 4-day eggs with no Views results in a VERY low ratio of U views, so that more Views are needed, increasing both the time taken to ER and the possibility of Sickness.

Also, that if too many people fog masses of new eggs to 4 days and ER, the overload in the ERs can reach epic proportions.

So please, at some point, give some Views and help clean out hatched eggs and adults in the fansites you use, so we don't all have a complete slow-down in the process?

Giving back in this manner helps the system to move more smoothly, since we can only get from fansites what we, the users, put in, resulting in faster ERing in rotations no longer loaded with 'finished' dragons holding back the still-ER eggs/hatchies from getting Views, and is something that may also help save a lot of new hatchies from Sickness, especially if any over-loaded ER sites glitch.

This is a good point, I've already seen some new eggs dead of sickness. I like to wait at least 12 hours before adding to any hatcheries.

This is a good point, I've already seen some new eggs dead of sickness. I like to wait at least 12 hours before adding to any hatcheries.

I ALWAYS fog for the 1st 12 hours. It's hard enough catching these pretties once, I wouldn't want to have to catch them all over again because of too many views too soon.

I ALWAYS fog for the 1st 12 hours. It's hard enough catching these pretties once, I wouldn't want to have to catch them all over again because of too many views too soon.

I hide my scroll for the first 12 hours and then put them into one or two sites.

I just got a backup computer that I am borrowing from someone. My computer still isn't fixed but I can at least get on here and check my FB...Happy that I made it back within a weeks time for this release. Cannot wait to see what they mature to be.

I hide my scroll for the first 12 hours and then put them into one or two sites.

I should have done that during last halloween's release. I had five of those guys and in the morning they were ALL dead. TT~TT I believe I was viewbombed. I wish I would have fogged the eggs.

Oooh I like the coastal ones.

And I have no eggs, still. :c

I managed to catch two of the Desert beauties but then sadly lacked for space to catch the Coastal lovelies. -Sigh- Even so I am more than content with my two.

Thank you TJ and spriters!

Goes to show that with enough luck even using XBox 360 Internet Explorer that catching New Releases is possible, and only took 3 hours. LOL.

New releases are always a pain to get, people are greedy and take as many as they can, some people want one too...I didn't even get any eggs from last month due to greedy people.

New releases are always a pain to get, people are greedy and take as many as they can, some people want one too...I didn't even get any eggs from last month due to greedy people.

There is no such thing as "greed" on DC. People collect as many dragons as they want, that's the essence of this game.

Got my two of each new release, duly influenced and incubated to make pairs. And even though I missed the initial drop because I was out camping, it only took a couple hours to grab these on the hourly drops. Yay for semi-regular new releases, and thanks to the DC luminaries for making it happen!

Oh, more lovelies. smile.gif Thank you so much for giving us more lovely Dragons to add to our scrolls! And a big Thank You to the spriters for all their hard work.

Grabbed some of each, incubated, influenced and fogged. Looking forward to seeing them thrive on my scroll. ^^

There is no such thing as "greed" on DC. People collect as many dragons as they want, that's the essence of this game.

I agree with this.People always want rare eggs,and that's the way DC like.If everyone can get every egg they need from cave easily,there will not be trading.

Once again it has only been a day and a half since the release, and already the New eggs are nowhere to be seen in the cave.

This time I did manage to catch mine on sunday. But I stand by my opinion that the recent manner of Releases is highly frustrating to anyone who can't be online sundays (because of having a family etc) and that New Releases should massdrop for 48 hours straight before significant numbers of old eggs mingle in.

It's so sad that this frustration kills the joy over the new dragons for so many players!

Love the hatchies a lot. I can't wait to see what the adults will look like.

I don't think I've said it yet, but I like both of these dragons so fair. They seem very cool, both in art and in concept. I'm really excited to see the adults.