TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

Please keep requests in the appropriate section. I'm surprised by how many people have them. This is the first release I've been a part of. It's surprisingly fun! Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Loving the Coastal genders. The male looks like a ribbon in a gentle breeze <3

Hmm....so this means no Sept/Oct drop. We have to wait til Halloween. sad.gif

Another Earthgirl + JOTB release? Their stuff is pretty (especially Earthgirl's <3) but nnn want more new spriters ;A;

Kinda wonder if, if DC gets affluent enough, it'll go the way of a few select paid spriters for the cave, but maybe I'm too paranoid.

At any rate, the water ones look cute! And here I was thinking whatever came out of the shiny eggs would surely be far prettier, haha.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Another Earthgirl + JOTB release? They did last month's splits... Their stuff is pretty (especially Earthgirl's <3) but nnn want more new spriters ;A;

Kinda wonder if, if DC gets affluent enough, it'll go the way of a few select paid spriters for the cave, but maybe I'm too paranoid.

At any rate, the water ones look cute! And here I was thinking whatever came out of the shiny eggs would surely be far prettier, haha.

I think it was Mysfytt (Duotones) and Earthgirl (Opals) who sprited last month's release. The last JOTB release was DC's birthday in May (Blacktips).

Anyway, does anyone have the word on which of the two dragons in this release seems to be rarer yet?

Edited by Tecca

Coastals. There were over a hundred viewers at the hour drop. And there are always around sixty all the time. The desert has about forty.

TJ doesn't pay us spriters. we do it for fun.

I know he doesn't, but I meant in future. A lot of big adoptables games (Neopets, Subeta) have paid artists that don't change very often, and since TJ seems to show a strong preference for certain artists (I believe we've only gained one or two new spriters out of two dozen dragons releases over six months...?)... On the other hand, it'd require, y'know, money, so maybe not.

And yah, I checked the Duotones and could've sworn it said JOTB; I seem to confuse her name with Mysfytt's a lot for some odd reason X___x Main point is that we still don't see new spriters very frequently. I'd have to look over the completed list again to see if I feel there's a valid reason for it (either simply not that many good new artists or just the older spriters having made more stuff would justify it)

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Coastals. There were over a hundred viewers at the hour drop. And there are always around sixty all the time. The desert has about forty.

Really? o_o I caught 4 Coastals, and one Desert. Traded the Desert and two Coastals for this pretty girl, and then went and caught two more Coastals.

That my just be because I love the Coastals, so I tried harder to catch them than the Deserts rolleyes.gif

I was really expecting the desert hatchling to look... well. different. I mean, it's adorable and everything, but, I was expecting something more like this. xd.png

Only less terrifying... because.. it's a hatchling.

I mean, its egg is absolutely beautiful. It reminds me of a tinsel or something.

user posted image

Edited by Pandana

Haven't gotten any yet... Hoping to get lucky at 5:00. They're more common at the new hour, right?

yes at the hour the drops last much longer so good luck and happy hunting xd.png

Um... wat? o.O

It must be pretty epic to be an in-cave spriter xd.png I envy your marvelous pixel skills. I'm hoping to see more marvelous creations from you, EG

That was super-easy, considering that I forgot to log in last night! laugh.gif Both sets of hatchlings are so very pretty and I can't wait to see what they all look like grown up!

There was a copper in the desert in the last hour drop. At least, I think it was a copper, I haven't seen the description for so long.

Hmm....so this means no Sept/Oct drop. We have to wait til Halloween. sad.gif

actually river, this is September's release; there just won't be an October release because that one will be on Halloween.

what is the description for the desert egg?

Edited by Dragonpelt

actually river, this is September's release; there just won't be an October release because that one will be on Halloween.

what is the description for the desert egg?

The air shimmers around this egg, as if from heat.

Hmm. to me it would make more sense to have one at start of Oct. since Halloween is the last day of the month and not do one in Nov. instead.

Not arguing. TJ is the boss and I'm happy for new dragons whenever he decides to release them. /just the way my brain thinks. wink.gif

Hmm. to me it would make more sense to have one at start of Oct. since Halloween is the last day of the month and not do one in Nov. instead.

Not arguing. TJ is the boss and I'm happy for new dragons whenever he decides to release them. /just the way my brain thinks. wink.gif

But think of all the eggs you'd have to get/catch up with! I think waiting and only doing one release will be better for all of us. Also good to see some nice art but I wish there would be more new artists.

How is November going to work? I mean, if the October release is at the end of the month, we're going to have a new November release about 2-3 days later. Unless they postpone that release by a week to make room for the October Release and December's is a 7-10 days before January so no worries there.