TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

It seems that some people are experimenting, by poking outside the little 'Dragon with 4 legs and a tail and wings' box, and trying something a little more improved. Like, the set of fins, it's nice to see another water-dweller. And the little desert hatchling, which egg description reminds me of a mirage. Desert Mirage dragon, that'd be a funny name. Oh, and blue and yellow colors? Reminds me of something in sports that's coming up. X3

The description of the coastal hatchlings reminds me of the Skywings. Depending how the adults look, might be able to get a pretty lineage with those two. happy.gif

Eagerly awaiting what the adults will look like!

Thank you TJ and spriters for new releases. (Almost forgot there was a new release ... notice said ALMOST) biggrin.gif

Good hunting to everyone.

How is November going to work? I mean, if the October release is at the end of the month, we're going to have a new November release about 2-3 days later. Unless they postpone that release by a week to make room for the October Release and December's is a 7-10 days before January so no worries there.

I imagine there won't be a November release at all.

Think it'd be nice to have a December release, seeing as Christmas is so late and there's so little for older players to do around then. Less certain about October, though; since Halloweens are unlimited the last week or so will be very busy.

Three of each kind (and one bitten Blocker) later, I am happily locked up! I'm so glad this kind stuck around longer than the last few types of eggs :3

How is November going to work? I mean, if the October release is at the end of the month, we're going to have a new November release about 2-3 days later. Unless they postpone that release by a week to make room for the October Release and December's is a 7-10 days before January so no worries there.

It makes more sense to me to have a October release, but no November, and a December release, but late January with no February, apart from the holiday release.

We had the 10/10/10 release with Halloween two weeks later, so it can be done.

Just my two cents. At least I've managed a pair of each of our new ones at this point, and have them all incubated and influenced, so I hope it's a breeding pair of each.

that's what I meant. Doing an Oct release still gives you a month before Halloween, but Nov will be just a few days later. lol

Admittedly, The first post only states that this is the last before Halloween, meaning none in October, but TJ didn't actually say he was doing one for November either.

Edited by DragonLady86

I imagine there won't be a November release at all.

Think it'd be nice to have a December release, seeing as Christmas is so late and there's so little for older players to do around then. Less certain about October, though; since Halloweens are unlimited the last week or so will be very busy.

Well if the Halloween are unlimited for a few days, that should count as the November release and we should have a separate one for October.

I just hope TJ plans to tell us a week before so we can all plan for it.

I'd like to see a Halloween release, a Christmas release, then a March release. These every-month releases are busy-busy.

Hmm. to me it would make more sense to have one at start of Oct. since Halloween is the last day of the month and not do one in Nov. instead. 

Not arguing.  TJ is the boss and I'm happy for new dragons whenever he decides to release them.  /just the way my brain thinks.   wink.gif

Edit: (removed a sentence because others edited theirs, lol and it no longer applies.)

If we don't have one during October, and won't in November because of Halloween at the end of the previous month, and probably not in December because of Christmas coming up near the end of the month, and breeding before that, and then won't have a regular Release around Valentines, there's 4 months - 1/3 of the year - without permanent, in-Cave new dragon Releases other than the 3 lots of Special Releases, wonderful, of course, but adding nothing to variety in the Cave or getting out more of the Completed backlog. (End of edit.)

I still don't get why we can't have a Release perhaps of only one common but pretty sprite in a Flood so that people can stock up quickly at the beginning of the month and have a couple of weeks to do so before the breeding season opens for older Halloweens.

We do desperately need more variety in commons, and if we only have a couple of the massive back-log of beautiful sprites, waiting for however many years in some cases, Released in what - maybe 8 months of the year? because of Holidays and/or delays, we'll take forever to get anywhere either with getting them out into the Cave or relieving the Blocker issue by reducing the overload of types we mostly already have enough of with the substitution of a much larger pool of commons providing selection to people so that the Caves moves and we can actually hunt.

The Releases also tend to bring people back off hiatus, and if they can actually catch new dragons in a reasonable time, they're more likely to stay, especially if Cave hunting improves, at least a little, as a result.

But this time, I still haven't heard anything regarding their presence on DC from some of the people gone AWOL, as I usually did during recent Releases, and I'm afraid they just aren't bothering anymore, even though at least some know about this Release, and I miss them being on here...

People have been long-term bored with the Cave Blocker situation and the slow rate of Releases during which relatively few people have been able to catch, up until now, and missing months where even a small Release of a single common, made fun and easy to quickly grab one's scroll-goals, might be an livening-up option isn't, I suspect, going to help...

Edited by Syphoneira

I still don't get why we can't have a Release perhaps of only one common but pretty sprite in a Flood so that people can stock up quickly at the beginning of the month and have a couple of weeks to do so before the breeding season opens for older Halloweens.

We do desperately need more variety in commons, and if we only have a couple of the massive back-log of beautiful sprites, waiting for however many years in some cases, Released in what - maybe 8 months of the year? because of Holidays and/or delays, we'll take forever to get anywhere either with getting them out into the Cave or relieving the Blocker issue by reducing the overload of types we mostly already have enough of with the substitution of a much larger pool of commons providing selection to people so that the Caves moves and we can actually hunt.

The Releases also tend to bring people back off hiatus, and if they can actually catch new dragons in a reasonable time, they're more likely to stay, especially if Cave hunting improves, at least a little, as a result.

But this time, I still haven't heard anything regarding their presence on DC from some of the people gone AWOL, as I usually did during recent Releases, and I'm afraid they just aren't bothering anymore, even though at least some know about this Release, and I miss them being on here...

People have been long-term bored with the Cave Blocker situation and the slow rate of Releases during which relatively few people have been able to catch, up until now, and missing months where even a small Release of a single common, made fun and easy to quickly grab one's scroll-goals, might be an livening-up option isn't, I suspect, going to help...

I think I agree with you on the larger base of the Commons. I mean, if we had a larger base for those, when it comes to the hour drops, there would be a greater variety to pick from than having to see the same one pop in again and again. Of course, the practical application may differ from the theoretical.

We won't know until TJ tells us of course but if I were him I'd do a mid-November release which gives us plenty of time to recover from Halloween and to get ready for Christmas.

I think he might be doing one release a month, total, so months that have holidays will only have a holiday release. That's just my opinion though.

Well, thanks to two very nice people I've got one of each egg. I am perfectly happy with that and now I shall drop out of the hunt and everyone else will have one less person to battle it out for the eggs.

I haven't seen the hatchlings yet. I want to be surprised. x3

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!

Edit: Thank you TJ and spriters. happy.gif

Edited by Syiren

We won't know until TJ tells us of course but if I were him I'd do a mid-November release which gives us plenty of time to recover from Halloween and to get ready for Christmas.

I think he might be doing one release a month, total, so months that have holidays will only have a holiday release. That's just my opinion though.

I think TJ said something to that affect that holiday months will get the holiday months. I'm just wondering about Halloween because that holiday is at the end of the month. Unless they change it to be All Souls Day on November 1st. tongue.gif

I could go for the November release being held back to the Sunday following the second Saturday.

I got the desert ones don't like the coast ones and hey the desert ones look like mini manectrics lol

Hatchies are beautiful for this release. I think I like the coast ones best...those are the ones with fins, right?

I think TJ said something to that affect that holiday months will get the holiday months. I'm just wondering about Halloween because that holiday is at the end of the month. Unless they change it to be All Souls Day on November 1st. tongue.gif

I could go for the November release being held back to the Sunday following the second Saturday.

Maybe that's the real reason he changed the dropday last-minute. We'll all be thanking him for doing it come Halloween time xd.png

The tail of the coast one is toooo long.It's a bit odd.

Ever seen an oarfish? Personally I think they're lovely. Cave needs more non-standard dragons IMO biggrin.gif

Hey guys, a word of warning, be careful with your new eggs. I already saw a dead Coastal dragon egg in the AoND. sad.gif

Hey guys, a word of warning, be careful with your new eggs. I already saw a dead Coastal dragon egg in the AoND. sad.gif

and that's why new releases should NOT be incubated or added into fan sites till they hit ER status. sad.gif (and that goes double for the up coming holiday releases!)

omg those poor things ;_;