TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

Got one of each so far, crossing my fingers for the next drop. =3

Congrats and thanks to the spriters of these lovelies, as always. smile.gif

Edited by tikigurl91

It`s not, it`s genuine frustration.

Amen to that.

I usually don'complain but when half the people here are unhappy with not being able to catch something, yeeeah telling us to not complain is a joke. The drops last seconds and in 4 hours watch as cave blockers fill up the biomes and more people are straining to catch something.

Games are only fun if they're challenging. For the most part DC isn't terriblf challenging, but releases give a bit of change from that or it would be monotonous.

It's already monotonous - blocker after blocker after blocker and then new drops last 3 min at the top hour. That's not challenging. That's ridiculous.

Ah ha! Got a Desert. I've developed a new strategy for this which is click nonstop while refreshing and open a bajillion tabs while doing so.

Hah tried that and looked at the codes I'd clicked.... 1. xd.png That was kinda entertaining.

This. DC is supposed to be for fun... Obviously I'm frustrated too since I'm still missing male green coppers, but it's not like I'm going to quit because hunting can be a challenge.

If we could all get our eggs in the first drop, we would probably be a lot less excited for the new releases.

I'm already less excited by new releases.

Games are only fun if they're challenging. For the most part DC isn't terriblf challenging, but releases give a bit of change from that or it would be monotonous.

Games are like steaks. If you don't cook them enough, they're raw and unappetizing. No one is going to eat a cold and raw steak. But then there's also overcooking. Just as much as no one wants to eat a cold and frozen steak, no one wants a black piece of coal either. There is a balance, and this is far from a balance. If you think it's fun to watch things zip by and have no chance of catching one, then enjoy your sweet bliss. If you're able to catch one, then I hold nothing against you. If you're R2-D2 and never need to sleep, then brother tell me your secret. No challenge is monotonous, but no chance is also monotonous.

This is anything but fun. It's so frustrating to sit in front of the computer and refresh like a madman for hours to get a new dragon that can turn out to be uber-rare. sad.gif

I can't refresh too fast because I get the stupid white screen of lagness. I wonder if I dump my Firefox and go to internet explorer or something.

How did you get 3 of those eggs each ??

I got none yet you must tell me your secret ohmy.gif

I am an avid MMO gamer, so my computer is tooled up to handle that sort of stress, I also have to run a program called ARCGIS, which deals with map making.

I can't refresh too fast because I get the stupid white screen of lagness. I wonder if I dump my Firefox and go to internet explorer or something.

tried that already. it was worse

Of course too much complaining can be annoying, but most people who complain about complaining already *have* new eggs. Those people who *aren't* able to grab any have every reason to complain.

I find each and every new release thread turning into the same circle of users' personal complaint forum for how they can't catch rares and this new release is impossible (stated less than half an hour into the release) more disheartening than short drops.

I've not caught squat yet. I'm okay with that--it's a hunting game, not a hand-out. I can understand that people want to avoid missing out on a dragon with unexpected and unusual rarity, like blusangs and coppers and opals, but setting up a lawn chair in the thread and ensuring that you've got a comment about how DC sucks on every page seems just spiteful.

I wish I could click a million tabs open but of course I have a labtop and no mouse to use to click faster sleep.gif

I caught a coastal pretty easily (actually the first thing I clicked), but the deserts have been eluding me. But there's still a lot of time left. I'm going to take a break and come back later.

Edited by mpolo

I don't complain that I can't catch something. In the old days I didn't complain about having trouble catching eggs at all. Because I knew I'd still be able to get more in the days after the release when there were tons of new eggs still dropping.

I complain now because I go to sleep 1 to 2 hours after the eggs start dropping. And by the time I wake up in the morning, the egg release has funneled back into the usual mix of old eggs with a few new eggs peppered in.

I complain because I have only two hours to catch what will likely be the only eggs of that species I have for quite a few months after the release, if not the only CBs I ever see of the species.

Well, that was fun (please note sarcasm). I have to go be a productive human being and actually work. No releases for me. And it's not as if I can trade for them as I don't have an extra arm, leg and soul.

Finally caught my first Coast egg! I need one more for a pair.. already have 2 desert eggs. Debating if I should get one more of each to scroll lock me. Or perhaps to gift or trade..

Edited by Pandana

Hah tried that and looked at the codes I'd clicked.... 1.  xd.png That was kinda entertaining.

Awww. D: I click around 4-6 codes on the five minute drops using this method. Edit: More like 6-8 (last drop was 8 different codes).

And I'm on laptop, too. xd.png No mouse.

Edited by kiyoura

Since when has Internet Explorer ever been better than Firefox at anything? o__o I swear that browser crashes just by being opened.

I'd recommend Opera or Safari. Not just for new releases, or even in regards to Dragon Cave, but just in general.