TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

Im really just going to assume that in four hours blockers are gonna be mixing in. Im really getting tired of this. I BARELY got a pair of opals, the 1st pair was actually GIFTED TO ME, something I've never needed before. Im sorry but between the lag, the mass people and no mass drops, and probably blockers in a few hours is really making me lose interest in DC :|

Amen to this. I got my first Opal yesterday and had to trade for it.

TJ, if you are listening, there are other sites. And they are growing. You need to make DC an enjoyable place to be. I think you can see that it's not so enjoyable anymore. If you want to make a living doing this, then change the way things are done.

These eggs look beautiful and I can't wait to see the new dragons. smile.gif

I kind of wanted to get all Desert eggs because the eggs are awesome and there are more sprites, but the Desert is a fairly consistently moving boime, so I figured I'd better grab more Coastals than Deserts, because the Coastal eggs could be plentiful, but so buried that I'd still have problems getting them. xd.png

Prob because everyone knows exactly when the eggs will drop now, and thus more traffic. With holidays you know you can take a break because they will be there 24 hours later but new releases...eh. So, more people are desperate to get those, sacrifice sleep, etc etc.

Honestly, holiday-style releases would be best at this point, in terms of how the drops act. At this point, it just feels like the current ratio system (which is what's causing the mixing) does more harm than good. :I

It's not that we are "frustrated and on the brink of quitting DC altogether within the first 30 minutes." We've had past experiences with this (Opals, coppers, blu-sangs)and how we know that if we dont get one now the chances are probably going to get slimmer and slimmer.

@Ilovedragons L33T H4X0R Skillz

Edited by BlightWyvern

Crap I blinked. Apparently I can't do that if I want to catch these guys. *tapes eyes open*

Exactly, you don't even get a second to hesitate in the first hour. That's what appears to be the case anyway.

Still no luck at all, and that last drop didn't even last 15 seconds, I swear.

I've been playing for close to 5 years, and I have to say the drops are getting more and more frustrating as they go on. I'm sure I'll get something eventually, but when things are first released, they shouldn't be this scarce.

geesh all i need is 2 of each and so far zilch tongue.gif and lol i only have 2 opals 1 CB that im not even sure how i got and then a bred one i grabbed off the ap today for freezing

WHAT IS WITH THESE 3 SECOND DROPS!?!?!

;A; this is absolute torture!!!!! UNG!!! /sobsob

...bu-bu-but they're beautiful.... v_______v thanks for the wonderful new eggs TJ and Spriters~~~

The "wait awhile" advice doesn't do any good at all with how quickly they mix with commons nowadays. New Releases used to be the ONLY thing dropping for hours and hours.... last month I came on 4 hours after it started and they were already mixed with commons to the point where I barely *saw* any of the new ones. So no, "wait awhile" doesn't exactly work.

And not everyone has the scroll, or has dragons who breed well enough, to wait-and-trade, either.

Of course too much complaining can be annoying, but most people who complain about complaining already *have* new eggs. Those people who *aren't* able to grab any have every reason to complain.

Yeh, all those iwth eggs on their Scrolls tell those of us with slower whatevers to suck it up come back later deal with it - that's REAL easy to say when you have your own stash of new eggs.

The drops are totally ridiculous in being so short.

Amen to this. I got my first Opal yesterday and had to trade for it.

TJ, if you are listening, there are other sites. And they are growing. You need to make DC an enjoyable place to be. I think you can see that it's not so enjoyable anymore. If you want to make a living doing this, then change the way things are done.

I had to trade for my Opals. It's like costing an arm and a leg for one Green one. Getting Coppers require a whole slew of cadavers. Maybe I should resort to burking to get my Coppers mates. laugh.gif

What biomes are these in?

Also I can kinda agree on the whole drop issue. The game is getting bigger and something needs done majorly about the system. There are rarely any of the so called "common" breeds anymore. (Blacks and vines) So yes I can see something needing done severely for it now. Since we can pick u p 7 eggs now and have more hatchlings at once something needs adjusted. People can pick up 3 batches of 7 ER eggs off the AP and within 3-4 days or so they can pick up a new set so it's not like eggs are just being left to be eaten by the system.

Just look for the biomes with the highest count tongue.gif That is how I figured it out before I checked the forum wink.gif

Ehm; I'm trying to grab an egg; woke up early; at 6am over here. I'm trying; that'

s all; no egg yet; I'm way to slow!! tongue.gif

I missed the coppers; and the opals; the opals released when I went on a vacation. Caught some opals now; but have never seen a cb copper. Just did get a nice bred egg a few days ago from another member; very nice gift! smile.gif

Edited by Llewella

I'm so tired... I can't believe I got up at 5:30 am for this. It'll take me hours to catch those eggs. dry.gif

The "wait awhile" advice doesn't do any good at all with how quickly they mix with commons nowadays. New Releases used to be the ONLY thing dropping for hours and hours.... last month I came on 4 hours after it started and they were already mixed with commons to the point where I barely *saw* any of the new ones. So no, "wait awhile" doesn't exactly work.

And not everyone has the scroll, or has dragons who breed well enough, to wait-and-trade, either.

Of course too much complaining can be annoying, but most people who complain about complaining already *have* new eggs. Those people who *aren't* able to grab any have every reason to complain.

Yeah, were it not for the commons getting mixed in so quickly I think people wouldn't complain so much. I don't mind trying later if I know that I'll actually be able to get one later and won't be facing a wall of sunstones and water walkers.

I hate to say it but Dragcave is starting to lose its fun for me. sad.gif The drops are ridiculous to get.

Between the suckily virtual impossible-to-catch Releases of admittedly beautiful dragons and the Blocker issues spoiling hunting in the biomes, the stress and frustration outweighs the fun much of the time for many of us.

I appreciate and love the dragons, and am thankful for the trouble taken by all involved in organizing such events but like many others, I'm here to have fun, collect dragons and get away from RL suckage - Releases are now so far from enjoyable for many people that we don't even have anticipatory pre-Release threads anymore .

I have a decent connection and a new puter, and started with about a minute of white page followed by lag so that the page won't refresh from the average of two eggs I miss per the remains of the initial Drop and the 5-minute Drops before they disappear - what's it like for people on old puters/with lousy connections?

At this stage, I still don't want to miss out on any dragons, but the past few Releases I really wonder why I waste so much time trying, when I should be doing something else.

I'm speaking as one who's been a fanatic DC addict for about 5 years, and who's stuck it out through a lot of boring periods - what must newer people feel about the site?

How many people now dread Releases, as badly as they want the dragons?

So much this.

I for one miss the days when Java could be turned off to catch, made things so much easier.

The thing about the release every month is now I have to set a date to catch these things. As much as I appreciate the new dragons, it gets frustrating when you try and try and try and try catching them just doesn`t happen. You get so mad to the point where you just want to go to bed, but you know you can`t cause catching CBs will be impossible later.

I wish the constant release every month was never implemented, it`s too much for me personally.

I love dragon cave, and these eggs look great, but I don`t like the sheer luck or the non set value of eggs .-.

On that note, thanks to spriters and TJ for these new babies, I bet they`ll look great as always as adults.

I turn JavaScript off to catch, no problem.

Peace, it's only a game.

Guys, TJ doesn't care. The less luck you have catching the new eggs, the longer you'll be refreshing in the biomes, the more money is gotten from ad revenue. There won't be any longer or bigger drops because it's counterproductive to making the most money out of the site. Your happiness is irrelevant as long as you keep refreshing and putting more money into the slot machine.

I'd love to be proven wrong and see bigger, longer drops, but the most realistic viewpoint here seems to be the less optimistic one.

Jeeze, the drops are so fast you blink and it is like you saw a mirage blink.gif. Really hope I get more soon, considering in 6 hours I'll be out of power for over 12 hours and will miss the drops wacko.gif.

Honestly, holiday-style releases would be best at this point, in terms of how the drops act. At this point, it just feels like the current ratio system (which is what's causing the mixing) does more harm than good. :I

Tbh, I'm neutral either way. Perhaps TJ can just change it to "random egg release every one month" so people won't know, and thus won't flock.

Haven't even got ONE yet and I've been trying the whole time! I see people with their scrolls full of them! Not fair guys, leave some for the others. xd.png

Edited by Pastellie

I would not mind either if the blockers did not mix in... so I could catch later...

Keep missing every egg sad.gif

I turn JavaScript off to catch, no problem.

Peace, it's only a game.

So he finally changed it back? Because there was a good long time where turning Javascript off turned off your ability to hunt the caves at all.

e:

Tbh, I'm neutral either way. Perhaps TJ can just change it to "random egg release every one month" so people won't know, and thus won't flock.

i doubt it. As soon as people noticed the signs of a release they'd flock to the biomes anyway, and it wouldn't solve the problem of commons mixing in extremely quickly.

Edited by Guillotine