TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

My hands are already cramped up from all this refresh clicking to try getting a jump on the eggs when they pop up and then from actually clicking my mouse to try grabbing them! I feel like I'll have to wear a wrist brace or something for a day or two from this.

Haven't even got ONE yet, and I see people with their eggs full of them! Not fair guys, leave some for the others.

And here we have the first "greedy hoarders" post.

ETA:

I want to clarify that I identify with, and understand, a lot of the complaints towards new releases. Those are beneficial to changing the game so that it is more enjoyable; I also think that it is inevitable that new ways of releasing dragons aren't going to fit everyone, and that there will be criticisms, legitimate or otherwise, and that they should be listened to.

One thing I cannot stand though, is the "leave the others some eggs" argument.

Edited by ylangylang

Guys, TJ doesn't care. The less luck you have catching the new eggs, the longer you'll be refreshing in the biomes, the more money is gotten from ad revenue. There won't be any longer or bigger drops because it's counterproductive to making the most money out of the site. Your happiness is irrelevant as long as you keep refreshing and putting more money into the slot machine.

I'd love to be proven wrong and see bigger, longer drops, but the most realistic viewpoint here seems to be the less optimistic one.

This sounds a bit rude.

Sad thing is that this theory can back up itself.

not much luck right now but i'm hoping to catch some in the morning (it's 12:41 am now) since i won't be able to login on monday

I turn JavaScript off to catch, no problem.

Peace, it's only a game.

Aren't games suppose to be FUN?!

I just want a CB Sun egg, but there are 301 other people in the Desert biome. I'm not getting a good feeling about this. e__e

So he finally changed it back? Because there was a good long time where turning Javascript off turned off your ability to hunt the caves at all.

Ooh yeah, I noticed this a while ago as well. I'm definitely glad for that.

Alright, guys, can we please not argue with people over their reaction to the drop? If you don't like their reaction, just scroll past it and move on rather than telling them how to feel. Let's also let others play the way they want to play. ^^

Yyyyeah, I'm not even going to try catching either of the new releases tonight. 250+ online in both biomes and my own bad connection? Welp. I saw some flash by a few minutes ago but missed them, oh well. I'll try in a couple days.

ANd got my Hot Egg on the half hour drop.

I am done, except for maybe copper hunting tomorrow

wahahah good luck with that, friend

So he finally changed it back? Because there was a good long time where turning Javascript off turned off your ability to hunt the caves at all.

I turned Java off on Chrome, and my browser totally freaked out when I tried to refresh. I know I can't turn off images in Chrome either -- there's no link to click anymore!

Exactly, you don't even get a second to hesitate in the first hour. That's what appears to be the case anyway.

Honestly, even in the past couple new releases I've had much better luck on the five minute drops that the on-the-hour. Now it's just, ffffffffffffft, there they are and there they go.

(Really, I'm one of the lucky jerks that got at least one CB pair of each type of opal last month and this time it's just killing me. Urrg.)

Can everyone stop complaining about the drops, slow internet, or about DC, its kinda like attention seeking -.- BTW Good luck to everyone, i hope you get what you want biggrin.gif

i've been on DC for quite a while now, and i like the suggestion that since there's more players, the drops should be longer. i try to get the new eggs as soon as they first come out, but if i don't get any in the first half hour or so (and i really ought to be in bed before they drop anyway!) i have to get them from other players. i love the dragons, so i don't really mind if they're CB or have a lineage.

i believe i managed to get one Duotone when they came out. the opal eggs (both colors) were gifted to me, and i'm trying to pay those favors forward. i'm pretty sure i had trouble getting the coppers as well.

i was actually in favor of the drops being sunday night/monday morning, as my monday mornings (even though it's already 9 hours in to the drops when all the eggs are dropping at that point) make it easier for me to get to the cave and hunt for eggs. by the time i get on to the Cave most sundays, it's after dinner for me, and at least 20 hours into the new release, and pretty impossible to catch the eggs myself.

however, my love of the dragons and the awesome spriters is why i stay here; i just can't leave.

i finally for two desert eggs i only need one more costal egg. my god theses things are tough to catch. i only got the first costal egg because i accidentally clicked before the page loaded. this is fun.

Honestly, even in the past couple new releases I've had much better luck on the five minute drops that the on-the-hour. Now it's just, ffffffffffffft, there they are and there they go.

(Really, I'm one of the lucky jerks that got at least one CB pair of each type of opal last month and this time it's just killing me. Urrg.)

Yup opals were very easy for me but now I cannot catch anything sleep.gif

e:

i doubt it. As soon as people noticed the signs of a release they'd flock to the biomes anyway, and it wouldn't solve the problem of commons mixing in extremely quickly.

Yep, I just noticed it today.

Aren't games suppose to be FUN?!

Games are only fun if they're challenging. For the most part DC isn't terriblf challenging, but releases give a bit of change from that or it would be monotonous.

I had no problem with the opals last month, but that also partially due to the fact that there were some longer drops, particularly at the :33 mark. Otherwise, I'd never have manged to get any green ones. I still haven't managed a single new green opal since then.

It's not that we are "frustrated and on the brink of quitting DC altogether within the first 30 minutes." We've had past experiences with this (Opals, coppers, blu-sangs)and how we know that if we dont get one now the chances are probably going to get slimmer and slimmer.

@Ilovedragons L33T H4X0R Skillz

And again, Amen to this.

I'm working with an older computer and slow internet. When I say old, I don't mean two years - I'm talking 11 years. And believe it or not, some people are even still on dial-up. How are folks like this to catch eggs when the drops are so short?

If our airing our frustrations bothers you, don't read this thread. You KNOW how it gets when a release comes. Go read Newsweek or something.

How many people now dread Releases, as badly as they want the dragons?

*Slowly raises hand*

The first couple months of dc for me were fun and chill.

Now I'm at the point in where I can't go back at all, and I have to fight my way into the egg batches, just to get some fast-pc-and-internet-master-race smack me all the way back.