TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

It's not so annoying as dull. I'm just filled with a numb sense of nothing, like: "Oh look. Dragons."

So yes, I'm trying to get some (none yet), but I'm not majorly upset or anything.

Alright, guys, can we please not argue with people over their reaction to the drop? If you don't like their reaction, just scroll past it and move on rather than telling them how to feel. Let's also let others play the way they want to play. ^^

Ahem. These threads are open for anyone, so let's try to be a little understanding of various play styles and various reactions to the release.

I wish I could click a million tabs open but of course I have a labtop and no mouse to use to click faster sleep.gif

It usually doesn't make my browser slower when I do that, but it does now for some reason. And for some reason refresh screws up and I can only catch 2 different eggs so it's not a good idea for me I think.

Ahem. These threads are open for anyone, so let's try to be a little understanding of various play styles and various reactions to the release.

I'm done complaining. I'm just back to open angsting. cool.gif

Edited by lilch

Omg, I got *ONE*. yayness, at least I know I'm not a total fail. My internet shuts down at 1am everyday, so I'll have to suck it up and deal with it in the morning, blockers or no blockers.

I've developed a new strategy for this which is click nonstop while refreshing and open a bajillion tabs while doing so.

i've been doing this for quite some time now. it works wonders for the holiday drop. but i have i no idea how many tabs i've opened tonight, only to be told that someone else caught the egg. *sigh*

So, got a pair of each. Let's see if I will get more as soon as I get more free slots.

Can't wait for the hatchlings but guess that still will need some time... xd.png

The next hour drop is almost upon us!

Good luck guys! I hope we can get at least some of the eggs we want in the 1-3 minutes this drop lasts for! o_o

I wish I could click a million tabs open but of course I have a labtop and no mouse to use to click faster sleep.gif

I'm on a laptop and can open dozens of tabs, I ctrl+r with my left hand to refresh the page, and position the cursor over an egg spot and click with my right. It's been working, I've gotten 2 eggs during 5 min drops so far!

Guys, TJ doesn't care. The less luck you have catching the new eggs, the longer you'll be refreshing in the biomes, the more money is gotten from ad revenue. There won't be any longer or bigger drops because it's counterproductive to making the most money out of the site. Your happiness is irrelevant as long as you keep refreshing and putting more money into the slot machine.

I'd love to be proven wrong and see bigger, longer drops, but the most realistic viewpoint here seems to be the less optimistic one.

There'd be a lot more refreshing with decent Floods and Drops of New Releases, and if the game was made more fun, so many people wouldn't now only return for New Releases - something more people are going to lose interest in if they're virtually impossible for such a high proportion of people to get in any reasonable time period, or possibly at all.

Maybe TJ wants a smaller site with fewer, faster people, rather than the family site that brought him success, before the chronic inability to regularly hunt in the Cave lost the site so many players over the years, no idea; all I know is that a lot of people aren't coming here daily anymore who I miss, and that I'm beginning to dread Releases almost as much as I want the dragons I too-often can't catch myself.

And as this is the only game I play, and is one I still care about, this makes me feel very sad and discouraged.

Yeah, I'm going to wait for the hour drop (drip, drizzle) and then going to bed. I honestly don't have time for sitting here in hopes to catch a egg. I think I'm going to excuse myself and actually go back to doing something that I enjoy.

No luck for me so far...if the hour doesn't prove fruitful I think Im going to switch from my lappy to the Desk computer

I'm on a laptop and can open dozens of tabs, I ctrl+r with my left hand to refresh the page, and position the cursor over an egg spot and click with my right. It's been working, I've gotten 2 eggs during 5 min drops so far!

if you seen what happens when I refresh you would see why I do not refresh anything....

Yeah, I'm going to wait for the hour drop (drip, drizzle) and then going to bed. I honestly don't have time for sitting here in hopes to catch a egg. I think I'm going to excuse myself and actually go back to doing something that I enjoy.

Tinkle? tongue.gif

Look, I know I'm one of the lucky people, I have a fast connection, fast computer, no work, a timezone that at least has the first hour of drops before midnight, and I've felt guilty a lot of times just for being able to catch eggs.

Now, when something gets hard enough for someone who has a lot of advantages over others, it would seem that the "sporting chance" that games have to have to be challenging but still rewarding in the end has dissipated into the wind.

i've been doing this for quite some time now. it works wonders for the holiday drop. but i have i no idea how many tabs i've opened tonight, only to be told that someone else caught the egg. *sigh*

Maybe coordinate refreshing and clicking? Because the strategy might seem random, but not really... It takes a bit knowing that your left hand is hitting the refresh button (in my case, I have to hit two buttons) and let the page show up before refreshing again and that your right hand has to keep clicking.

if you seen what happens when I refresh you would see why I do not refresh anything....

Ah that sucks, was just trying to address the lack of a mouse. well good luck!

Maybe coordinate refreshing and clicking? Because the strategy might seem random, but not really... It takes a bit knowing that your left hand is hitting the refresh button (in my case, I have to hit two buttons) and let the page show up before refreshing again and that your right hand has to keep clicking.

Yeah, that's how I do it. F5, center-click, F5, center-click. I try to get a rhythm going on.