TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

I happily caught 1 in the desert and 2 in the coast

Caught 3 deserts and 2 coastals (the coastals on the 5 minute drop and the desert at the top of the hour).

I managed to grab two coasts and one desert in the hourly and 5 minute drop. I did end up switching to chrome with javascript disabled (the newest version of firefox has made it really difficult to turn off java, it seems).

My methods for catching were: whenever I tried to refresh the page went slow, but when I click on the biomes directly it goes much faster, so I switched between the biomes whilst clicking on the eggs at lightning speed. I managed to catch one of each, but I have so many hatchlings that my limit was filled and I couldn't catch any more. And to make it worse, I'm very close to getting a gold trophy, but my hatchlings can't mature yet so my limit isn't increased for the release.

I'm just hoping that enough mature before tomorrow to increase my limit and give me more spaces so that I can get two of each (in case of dimorphism).

Good luck to all that are catching!

Caught 1 from desert and I need 3

Caught 0 in coast and I need 3

Looks like an all nighter cause these drops move to fast sleep.gif

I find it easier and more fun to hunt when I'm listening to music. xd.png Maybe it's just me.

And no, I haven't caught anything yet, either. ...I'm hoping to get two of one breed so I can trade the second one for one of the other breed. ;P

I agree with the person recc'ing Opera - or even Chrome, although I personally hate it.

Using a browser for hunting eggs that you also use for everything else can be problematic because, over time, people accumulate addons and various other things that can slow it down. Also, IIRC, Firefox stores a bunch of stuff in a big database that you can clean out with an addon and that can make things sluggish.

I use Opera for most DC stuff. I wouldn't use it for general web use, but for DC it's remarkably fast, IME.

I use Opera in general for everything. But then I don't add a bunch of ad-ons either.

Maybe coordinate refreshing and clicking? Because the strategy might seem random, but not really... It takes a bit knowing that your left hand is hitting the refresh button (in my case, I have to hit two buttons) and let the page show up before refreshing again and that your right hand has to keep clicking.

Weapon of choice: F5

speed: 5-10 seconds to load each page

Result: not a darn thing

I'm giving it another hour before I go to bed and hunt in the morning. My head's hurting too much and this screen is not helping. dry.gif

There. I got my two of each!

One less person for everyone to do battle with! Good luck everyone! I hope you can catch what you need!

I'm off to read Dragon Age confessions for an hour and then falling asleep!

How many people now dread Releases, as badly as they want the dragons?

*waves hand in the air*

I'm afraid I'm one of them ... unsure.gif

Ohhh I'm so excited to see the light blue one. xd.png thanks to the creators!! <3

Edited by Iridescence

Soh. This is what I've decided. I didnt catch anything., what a wise observation blighty ._. and that in 3 hours blockers will mix in. More people will try to catch them or not, or get misclicks. The lag may lessen a little but it won't do any good when there are 300+ people in a biome, reducing chances of catching to minimum. Games are suppose to be fun, but not "mono" but at this point the releases are repetitive already; blocker walls, lag, people fighting over the eggs.

I don't care if people are "hoarding" or not, in my eyes this doesnt connotate to hoarding, catching a mass amount of your favorite dragon is part of the game. what I am upset about is how a lot of people don't have an equal chance. The DC user amount is growing and the drops seem to be the same almost. More people less eggs. Just en entire day...or something with nothing but the new eggs doesnt seem like a bad idea at this point.

Im sorry but I miss the mass floods. there is no flood anymore, how about...a tinkle...? Lol

I always go the furtherest right. o:

Also, I've clicked on so many during the hour drop, and got one from the Coast. ._. And I do have fast internet and okay reflexes, too.

lol I mean center-click on my mouse. I click on the furthest right egg.

I find it easier and more fun to hunt when I'm listening to music. xd.png Maybe it's just me.

And no, I haven't caught anything yet, either. ...I'm hoping to get two of one breed so I can trade the second one for one of the other breed. ;P

I'm listening to Linkin Park and some soundtracks from Two Steps from Hell and Immediate. laugh.gif

Nuthing yet. Don't laugh but I have better luck at catching the cb brown copper eggs than I do these right now no matter if its hourly or so many minutes. sad.gif

I actually got a 500 error during the last hourly drop. But the server bounced back, thankfully.

Has anyone thought about how the mothers of these abducted dragons feel?

...Just throwing that out there.

QUOTE (Nine @ Sep 8 2013, 12:39 AM)

Guys, TJ doesn't care. The less luck you have catching the new eggs, the longer you'll be refreshing in the biomes, the more money is gotten from ad revenue. There won't be any longer or bigger drops because it's counterproductive to making the most money out of the site. Your happiness is irrelevant as long as you keep refreshing and putting more money into the slot machine.

I'd love to be proven wrong and see bigger, longer drops, but the most realistic viewpoint here seems to be the less optimistic one.

There'd be  a lot more refreshing with decent Floods and Drops of New Releases, and if the game was made more fun, so many people wouldn't now only return for New Releases - something more people are going to lose interest in if they're virtually impossible for such a high proportion of people to get in any reasonable time period, or possibly at all.

Maybe TJ wants a smaller site with fewer, faster people, rather than the family site that brought him success, before the chronic inability to regularly hunt in the Cave lost the site so many players over the years, no idea; all I know is that a lot of people aren't coming here daily anymore who I miss, and that I'm beginning to dread Releases almost as much as I want the dragons I too-often can't catch myself.

And as this is the only game I play, and is one I still care about, this makes me feel very sad and discouraged.

I must admit this sums up a lot of people's feelings lately. I can't remember

it being so depressing when a new release happened in the distant past.

I am hoping the Spriter's know we will all appreciate their artworks, whether

or not we are able to have them on our scroll.

Edited by grammydragon

I'm listening to Linkin Park and some soundtracks from Two Steps from Hell and Immediate. laugh.gif

Oh, I'm listening to Super Robot Wars OG soundtracks. I own both of them. 8D

i think i'm gonna reserve judgement on this release for now, based on my past experience the eggs become slightly easier to catch a couple hours after smile.gif realllllyyyy hope that happens for this one xd.png

@ Crocodile: This ace is incredibly jealous of that awesome code tongue.gif

Womp, tried the two hourlys and most 5-minutes and caught not a one. =( I miss the big drops that used to happen at the 30-min mark. My eyes are getting achey, so time to shut down for the night. Hopefully my luck will change tomorrow. Good night everybody, hope you catch some pretties.